It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Who Killed Puppy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Ahh yes that was the other point I was supposed to make and then forgot to add, the Marine Corp took it seriously enough so I guess hoax can be ruled out now.

This video is one thing I wish I had never ever seen and I don't think that often, as crass or sickening some stuff is, this kinda sick takes the cake for me

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Well, they usually do that as children seems to be the trend. I see where you are going... I think I do at least, anyone who shows disregard for life should have the same done to them? That's a tough call. I don't tend to agree with it, but you know what they say about opinions.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by apolluwn

Why should any respect be given to the life of someone who willingly ends an innocent life?

[edit on 13-6-2008 by slackerwire]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I wasn't saying he deserved any respect. I just don't necessarily think he should be killed. If he chooses to do that himself then so be it. The world will probably be a better place.

Who should have the power to say who should live and who should die though? Just because someone that has taken life has done this doesn't make it right...

edit: for clarity

[edit on 6/13/2008 by apolluwn]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
We Americans have soft corner to puppy because they more closer to us the iraqi people and kids they are human guys.Why dnt we make more outcry then talking about puppy in media is also bull*** they make it head line in news.whats about those kids who get killed every day in Iraq & Afghanistan's.How many kids video or news u saw on tv when they get killed.I dmnt know by this mentality where we American landed .Might be day will came we cnt move out of America .our own borders be fences for us & we get captivated in big jail

Check these thread

U.S. Military Killing 10,000 Iraqis Per Month

[edit on 13-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

His actions have stated he should die.

If for no other reason, than just to make sure he cannot possibly infect the gene pool.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

So when I see say a fly on the wall and I choose to kill it rather than catch it and let it go I should be executed for that?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Sure, why not? The planet is overpopulated already

Of course not.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I don't understand then... you aren't being very consistent. Obviously, if I do that I am showing a blatant disregard for life and the fly was surely innocent. Would you agree?

How are we measuring life here?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Do I really need to explain the difference between a puppy and a fly?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

Why should any respect be given to the life of someone who willingly ends an innocent life?

because sometimes one being's life IS MORE important than another being's life. in this case, w/ no regrets, IN MY OPINION, the life of that soldier's is MORE IMPORTANT than the life of that dog's.

ARE YOU OVER THERE? i DO NOT support this war, but i do think that some ppl that were innocent (not MORAL necessarily, as i believe there is a difference between morality and experience) who were duped into this very enticing idea of comradity (spelling? or even a word?, but ya get the point) through patriotism...... after all, they grew up saluting w/ hand over heart and PLEDGING to this flag which represents THEIR ppl in the same way that we were taught to do so. Now, they are surrounded w/ the very REAL reality of immortality. NOT just the immortality of animals, but the immortality of their best buds, the innocent children w/ whom they could so recently relate, the immortality of the love of a mother giving her body as a shield to protect the life of her child.......... the ultimate love of loves.

And, for arguements sake, lets assume this is a real video (bc its authenticity seems to be called into question a couple of times on this thread)........ did any of you walk through the day w/ this soldier?

probably not and if it is easily assumed that this a bad guy through and through worthy of death, than it is just as easily assumed that this is a "kid" that once was faced w/ many of the meaningless decisions we face on a day to day basis only to wake up in the horrific reality where he just shot an innocent teen sitting next to a dog bc he was blinded by fear induced by the fact that his buddy had just met his maker next to him through the gun shot by a man right behind the teen sitting next to the dog.

and the dog saw it all and this soldier's guilt was etched into the dog's eyes and the soldier felt the weight of "God" through the dog's eyes.

yeah, probably not what happened........ but then again, you weren't there. and if you had just killed an innocent teen, not meaning to, but because you were blinded by a fear that you never felt while sitting comfortably at your computer posting your judgements, are you sure that you might not have gone temporarily insane and threw a dog over a cliff bc they HAD SEEN?

far fetched? i wouldn't know bc i am not over there. that is why i would not dare condemn this soldier.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

No, but I think you should explain where you believe the line is drawn...

What animals that are killed justify execution?
Should people who hunt purely for sport be executed?
Do wild animals count at all?
If a wild dog is killed, is it the same thing as a domesticated one?
Do reptiles count? For example, people own snakes as pets some of them are very dangerous.
Should I be executed if I kill a snake that was someones pet?
What if I am ignorant and it poses no danger, but I kill it?
Is it different if someone's pet snake gets loose and I kill it out of ignorance?
What if I just kill a snake just to kill a snake or any animal for that matter? Are we purely going on intent? Are there only certain animals that would justify execution?
Are farmers liable to be executed for killing animals that kill their animals or merely pose a possible threat? What if the animal is someone's dog, or someone's cat? Does that make it wrong? Is it OK as long as you are protecting yourself or assets?

Where is the line?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I am no longer over there.

Think the USMC would kick him out if the video wasn't authentic?

No one who has deemed this video to be a fake has provided any substantiating evidence whatsoever, they are merely speculating because accepting the fact that an American service member could do something like this is impossible for them.

Why is his life more important?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I feel you on that Barbs. But I also feel for the hadjis that got white phosphoroused.
At least the puppies death was quick.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Are you a vegan?
simple question.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Stella Lotus]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
the video was in poor taste and the dog was dead all ready.

meant to be a joke.

it was shown at a chow hall and around it was funny until it hit youtube.

the dog had been hit by a car and it was a joke.

art 15 punishment becuase its against the profesionalism of a marine standards.

real or not viewed as animal torture to its corpse is what the got the guy on.

but the dog was allready dead

again people the DOG was dead it was torture of a corpse.

still terrible thought and not funny

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

reply to post by justamomma

Why is his life more important?

now, i DON'T answer this blindly. this is a loaded question whether it was meant to be or not lol.

so, i am going to answer this from the only source i have that feels RIGHT at this moment, my heart.

merely subjective, but i believe his life is more important because he is part of my species. evolution, creationism, it is all up for debate in my head... so whether we are evolved or created, a little bit of both or nothing of either......... i FEEL the need to preserve human life over animal life.

if i found myself, god forbid, in a shipwreck on an island w/ nothing on it to eat but the dog and the man (or woman) that washed ashore w/ me, rest assured that i would have no hesitation in killing that dog for food. i have no substantial evidence that the dog has or doesn't have a soul, nor do i have substantial evidence that man DOES have a soul. but i relate to man......... i relate to the hardships we face, the overwhelming fear and doubt, the delusions that become OH SO OBVIOUS when faced w/ death (which those w/ feelings WERE faced w/ on 9/11, but still can't compare w/ the unraveling of delusions when you are faced w/ the reality of death on a daily basis), I RELATE TO THAT. that soldier has (for the MOST part) the same make-up as a human that i have.

he is part of my species.......... and he wasn't caught throwing the dog off a cliff over here in america, where we complain about gas prices while soaking up electricity behind our computers filled w/ faceless condemning people. right? or did i misunderstand what i read. HE WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF A WAR ZONE, right?!!

that's just me though. my brother fought in "desert storm" and ended up committing suicide not long after, which i "hear" (sources are up for debate of course) was not an isolated incident among those who returned. when man loses respect for his own life, he loses respect for all life.

and my heart says that i would have rather my brother thrown a puppy, that he may have viewed as holding his guilt (displacement theory), off a cliff than to have taken his own life. TO ME, his life was more important than a dog's..... so in my heart, if i am to be consistent, i value that soldier's life more than the dog's.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by apolluwn

No, but I think you should explain where you believe the line is drawn...

What animals that are killed justify execution?
Should people who hunt purely for sport be executed?
Do wild animals count at all?
If a wild dog is killed, is it the same thing as a domesticated one?
Do reptiles count? For example, people own snakes as pets some of them are very dangerous.
Should I be executed if I kill a snake that was someones pet?
What if I am ignorant and it poses no danger, but I kill it?
Is it different if someone's pet snake gets loose and I kill it out of ignorance?
What if I just kill a snake just to kill a snake or any animal for that matter? Are we purely going on intent? Are there only certain animals that would justify execution?
Are farmers liable to be executed for killing animals that kill their animals or merely pose a possible threat? What if the animal is someone's dog, or someone's cat? Does that make it wrong? Is it OK as long as you are protecting yourself or assets?

Where is the line?

Simple answer - all life is sacred, including the soldier. Only if there is a famine and you must kill an animal to survive is there a moral right to do so.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
human life extinguished? over a dog?

Oh and just because your a woman makes your point more valid why??

Im a man, and I refuse to even watch that video.. It would totally ruin my day and I would have a hard time getting that image out of my mind!!

Just a dog??? Thats so mean to say!!! Dogs are little life forms too!
Thats the problem with this world.. We as humans can treat animals with the same compassion that we treat people with!
They are no different! They are living little beings! With feelings and a life!
I feel animals should be treated like humans! And if another human kills an animal in such a way, yes they should get death sentance!!
For something so horrid as this, yes death should be an option!

Just think how this world might be if we could treat animals with the same respect as we "feel" humans should be treated..
But no we cant even treat other humans with respect..
So sertinly we are going to have this kind of attitude here..

Just an animal huh? I love all my pets, and they are like family to me!
Infact I think my animals are more loving and compassionate that some humans out here!!

With your whole post, you saying just because your a woman, and a mother your point should be somehow more worthy or valid??
Doesnt make sense to me..
But you are welcome to your feelings, I just think animals need to have the same rights as people!!! This world could go far, and save many lifeforms that live here..
But we humans are so greedy, and so ignorant to other beings, and other life forms that its just sad..

I will never watch this video, and this will be my only reply..
Very sad, and makes me sick to even think about what he did..

Treat him like he treated that animal!! As some humans are more beasts than little helpless lifeforms..

I mean it must take a big man, to pick on a defenceless creature..
freakin sad...!!!!!

[edit on 13-6-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Holy crap, this thread is mostly two people arguing back and forth. Isn't there already a thread about this somewhere on ATS already? I thought it was old news.

Also, I agree that the man who tortured the puppy should get some jail time for what he did, but it bugs me to see the day when people seem to care more about a puppy's life than a terrorist's life. Then again, we've been so conditioned to see terrorists dying and getting tortured that we must be immune to it now. :/

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join