It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get This - We Are God. It all fits!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think it is very interesting also, must say this is the best intelligent/ possible topic I have read on this forum yet. If this is true I could understand it being the case.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
[edit on 9-6-2008 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Are you saying we're just as capable of becoming as powerful as God??

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

No, but maybe there is a possibility that we are in training to become co-creators. As it stands now, we are already co-creators of this world.

Put yourself in first person view of animals and insects. When they look at humans, they must think WE are God's. After all we control their lives, we terraform their land, we have tools and abilities unlike any other creatures. We are incredibly smart (most of us), and effect the lives of everyone on the planet. Humans have a LOT of power.

This stage in our life is probably about learning how NOT to use the power on ourselves. I think we might be failing.

I just hope they don't clean the petri dish yet, there is still hope for us.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Put yourself in first person view of animals and insects. When they look at humans, they must think WE are God's. After all we control their lives, we terraform their land, we have tools and abilities unlike any other creatures.

I seriously doubt if any animals see us as God, they may see us as dangerous and threatening when we destroy then and their habitat, or in the case of well kept domestic animals they hopefully see us as nurturing companions, but as God? Hardly.

We are a busy, productive species for sure. But don’t get carried away and think that makes us God like on this planet in any way, you will die just like the humblest, “dumbest” creatures will. You are an animal just as they are; you may be busy building one heck of an impressive termite mound in this life, you maybe amazed at your own handywork, that does not change a thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Very well said, Sonya.

God is not a well understood concept especially when it arrives on scene with the religious toilet paper stuck to the soul of its conceptual shoe.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I seriously doubt if any animals see us as God, they may see us as dangerous and threatening when we destroy then and their habitat, or in the case of well kept domestic animals they hopefully see us as nurturing companions, but as God? Hardly.

What about all those injured and helpless animals that leave the veterinarian's hospital with a new life? All those animal rights groups? All the laws passed that protect animals?

While you are fixed on only seeing the fear and the bad, why not see the good? Do you know how much we help animals? Those animals that we help probably would mistake us for being "like a God". Also it is equally true that animals would mistake us for "the Devil", but like all coins there is always two sides.

We are a busy, productive species for sure. But don’t get carried away and think that makes us God like on this planet in any way, you will die just like the humblest, “dumbest” creatures will. You are an animal just as they are; you may be busy building one heck of an impressive termite mound in this life, you maybe amazed at your own handywork, that does not change a thing.

With certain knowledge, you CAN live forever. Humans already know many way's to prolong life. Actually, scientist even found ways to make flies live longer by editing their DNA. If giving an insect longer life is not "playing God" then I don't know what to say to you.

I do know 0ne thing though. YOU and many people hold this conversation so sacred that you are SCARED to even talk about it. What are you scared of??? Are you afraid to admit we have many powers like that of a God?

You know how many lives that stem cell research can save? The only thing holding back that research is peoples FEAR. If God didn't want us to know certain things, God would have made us as smart as fish.

I can create life, so can you. How is that not "Godlike"?

I'm not claiming we will EVER be as powerful as God, but we sure do have "Godlike" abilities. Do you not agree?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

What about all those injured and helpless animals that leave the veterinarian's hospital with a new life? All those animal rights groups? All the laws passed that protect animals?

I'd post some graphic and visual videos of what goes on at slaughter houses... hey, the fast food restraunts get their meat from somewhere, but I think it'd more than violate the ToC, lol.

Many of the animals leaving the veterenarians office, though admittedly not all, get there in the first place because of Human harm. I agree we do things to protect animals, such as laws... but we shouldn't have to do those things in the first place. I mean we have to pass laws to protect ourselves. We're a scary species.

Those animals that we help probably would mistake us for being "like a God". Also it is equally true that animals would mistake us for "the Devil", but like all coins there is always two sides.

Depends on what animals. Some animals don't have the astuteness and cognitive skills to consider such things as "good" and "evil". I'd agree that animals such as dogs and cats do exude the ability to have "attitude" and emotion, and that with this comes love and hate, memory, "good" and "evil". Other animals, such as lions and tigers can suddenly attack and kill their owners for essentially no reason at all. Why? Because they are "wild"? Or because they are "smart" and realize what is going on? We can only speculate.

With certain knowledge, you CAN live forever.

Yikes. You're really going to have to convince me with this one, like hardcore facts and scientific proof.

I'm not claiming we will EVER be as powerful as God, but we sure do have "Godlike" abilities. Do you not agree?

You're already as powerful as God. What is God? Where is God? God is energy, everywhere and everything. God is you, God is me. You can't be less or more than God in this sense, only ever equal.

I believe that we have the ability to do almost anything we want. I say almost because the objective universe has limited structured laws that obey logic and of course real science and real physics, since science is its experienced structure.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
it drives me mental reading stuff like this sometimes.. almost everyone misses the point and perspective and are often trapped in a christian belief system.. and that is not including the fanatical zealots that will pray for our souls.

when one says we are god, one is not wrong by any measure. what you've got to ask is, what is "god"? and for a second please try to suspend (and even abolish) all preconceptions of what that is.. most of you will think that god is some kind of ethereal male, some might think that "he" is even remotely like us.

stop thinking like this. take a look around you. the air you breathe, the electricity that you can feel before a thunderstorm, the dirt that is stuck to the bottom of your shoes, the ocean, the animals you see each day, the chair you sit on and the even poo you last did.. that is what god is. god is everything, save nothing. not some displaced entity far away from us. this reality tells all. we are all connected. we are all one. everything is all one, we're connected at the smallest and largest levels, through all kinds of means. this isn't new age or hippy or the exclusive thinking of any subgroup, this is just how things are and always have been it's just a shame that so many of us cannot see what is staring us in the face. common sense.

to realize all this is not to lose ones self either.. you will not "meld" at the end of your lives or during this one. you already are one and if you try to step away and look at the bigger picture and not what I would call the political view you would see this and how amazing this all is.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
When the student is ready the teacher will appear.

Can't force anyone to remove the padlock from their brain.

Until then all you can do is offer.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Put yourself in first person view of animals and insects. When they look at humans, they must think WE are God's. After all we control their lives, we terraform their land, we have tools and abilities unlike any other creatures.

OMG I totally disagree with your analogy, we are not animals. dont even compare us to them. and yes we are Gods on this planet and in a matter of time we shall be Gods of this universe. but its people like you that relegate humanity's potential by comparing us to animals. we might've evolved from animals but nothing is gonna stop us from reaching our ultimate goals to being Gods. plus everything evolves from something else thats how the universe is built, a star wasn't born a star and a blackhole just didn't magically appear. You should start thinking of yourselves as Gods, but Good Gods and not evil ones. enhance your powers and do good with it.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by DuneKnight]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
While everyone is battling over eachother's opinion... Did you guys even see the post I made?

I am not christian whatsoever and not in a listed religion of any kind.. just my own..

Everyone knows these phrases;

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

What we need to concentrate on is this:

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our LIKENISS.

What does that say? You've guessed it.

and this:

So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created he him

What does it all say you ask?

I know the answer. We are God

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegdfather
reply to post by thegdfather

You don't think that God or Gods are capable of mistakes? After all he did create us supposedly
. Or in the bible God kills everyone with a flood except for a group of chosen people, wasn't that god wiping the slate clean and starting over from his previous mistake?

HOW ABOUT THIS;

tHANKS FOR THE EXAMPLE - WE ARE GOD. AT THE START OF THE BIBLE IT SAYS GOD CREATED THE WORLD ECT ECT.

NO! WE CREATED THE WORLD BECASUE WE ARE GOD. WE'VE EITHER LOST THIS KNOLEDGE OR SHOULDNT KNOW IT.

THANKYOU

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PureET

I like the "our" part...

The only problem I have is that the way the bible is being interpreted today by people they, like previously mentioned, perceive God as a single entity.
"our" could denote that we were indeed alien, maybe evne manufactured from the crappy remains of prehistoric Earth. We still haven't settled that missing link...

First step is to shed us those shackles that the word "God" in any word or language has become, and come to a realization of what is behind this word.
Don't choose an explanation because church, school or parents tells you to choose it... think, ponder, come to your own conclusion, and don't be affraid if it differs from what you've been told previously.

reply to post by jakfunnyfun

Well, maybe we shouldn't know. Imagine a "newborn" being aware of it's own infinite powers. We would have wrecked Earth in no time, competing like kids who could build the biggest mountain or deepest stream.
In a way, if you look at life as it is now, it could very well resemble a practice stage. We are learning how to create small things, like a shed, or a house, and at this point in time we've learned to master creating amazing bridges and insane sky rises.
Compare that to ourselves as kids... building with lego. At first we could pile the blocks, then build a wall, then a house.
We are teaching ourselves the basics of universal terraforming. It of course just takes that much more time to get to a point where we can move on when we're dealing with such a large scale.

[edit on 9/6/08 by flice]

[edit on 9/6/08 by flice]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is what i've come to in a few years of pondering and studying:

God is not one entity. God is not a "being", God is not omnipotent, God cannot intervene in the laws of Physics which he set forth to keep order of the creation (universe), he can only send things into motion which naturally and explainably change or alter the Physics in question per individual situation to make things happen, or change. What I mean is this, God cannot break Physics by manifesting into a physical, matter based form, on this planet, to spread information. So what does he do? He alters the Physics, by sending the information, absent of matter, through another means .. a silent, wireless, invisible means ... the process of thought, the scriptures came to the prophets through their minds. It's the same "throughway" that your prayers go to, or when a person has a religious experience, or feels contacted by God or an Angel. So the texts are here that way, because God would not and could not, per his own "rules", break Physics, and our notion of reality and sanity at the same time, doing irreversable damage. God doesn't create a spontaineous flood, God brings about the natural Physics conditions for a flood to occur. All can and will be explained by Scientific means, even if as of yet we haven't, or cannot.

So then, what is God's form? Well .. I think the term "God is everwhere, in all of us" is pretty close to touching on the truth. God is energy, to put it simple. Energy such as electricity; measurable energy, energy such as that which is created at power plants. All beings, all animals, all people .. we all have electricity coursing through our bodies. The human body has an entire electrical system, and internal martial arts such as Tai Chi as well as others that talk of "Chi" are really referring to harnessing this internal, electrical power. When a person dies, the electricity leaves their body, and they're no longer animated. The heart can no longer beat, in fact, when it stops, guess what they use to try to start it again? You guessed it, the shock pads on your chest with the gel on them that the ER uses? see, its electricity. The shock is literally putting a trace bit of God essence, electricity, back into your body to reanimate it.

By this same notion, all forms of synchronicities that occur such as "11:11" on the clock etc can be explained through this. And beyond numbers, into words and actions, God caused this to knock that over which hit this other thing with a glancing blow, causing it to land right smack into your hands. This is a metaphor of how God works to affect the creation within Physics.

Thus, in the simplified form, we are light.

If you can accept this much, I will continue, but I don't meet too many people who get it; I used to not get it either.

[edit on 6/9/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Please continue... you're on the right path here so far.
Besides there's something about being on a roll isn't there?
It's like the answers come flowing unhindered and pure.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jakfunnyfun

Sigh. No, you are NOT " God. "

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by romantic_insomniac

Yes he is, and so are you.
Individuality is actually an illusion.

It's more like this. Knowing something and experiencing it are two different things. In the beginning (and now still) only one entity existed. That entity knew everything still it couldn't experience it. It cannot experience something without experiencing it's opposite. Therefor it decided to split itself in parts a near infinite amount of times, creating the illusion that those parts are apart and different from each other.

It's like when you look at the ocean. Take a cup and dip it in the water, the water in the cup is now separated from the ocean, but it is still part of the ocean. Same with us. You think you are in one place, different and apart from everyone and everything else, yet we are all part of the same entity. We are that entity.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

No,we are not.Everything that is is structure based.That dictates a singular controlled intelligence to have started it all.To see ourselves as the creator above all is egotistical at best,pathetic at worst.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Above all? Did I say anything about above all? Those ants in your backyard are also the creator expressing itself.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join