It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get This - We Are God. It all fits!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

The egg came first. Dinosaurs were laying eggs long before the first warm blooded creature's appeared.

Then they turned into birds. The dinosaurs, not the egg's.

At least that's what science wants us to believe at the moment.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jakfunnyfun

Whoah.... hold on....

Sorry to say but this is Blasphemy.. How on earth can you even begin to comprehend God? Yet say that we are Him..while I believe what you say about everything being connected, a created object or thing can never comprehend its creator.

For example, a table cannot understand the intelligence of its creator (the carpenter) same goes with Humans, whether God really did put us here or another "higher" divine being we can never comprehend its power or intelligence. Its like an Ant trying to understand Human intelligence!

If we were even CLOSE to being God.. there would be no reason for us to be here.. We should all have ascended ALONG time ago. God is perfect.. Humans are not.. simple as that.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

If we were made in HIS image than call US by OUR name. -E. Badu
There is a great site that explores the scientific, theological and religios aspect of this idea at
www.spaceandmotion.com
It refutes the idea of seperate molecular particals and proposes a wavelike structure to matter.
No more illision of seperateness. Call us by our name: GOD

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I find it interesting that most of the naysayers on this thread point to the thought of being prideful or all-powerful as the reason we shouldn't accept being an interconnected part of "God".

Herein lies the issue; that is a very literal, worldly and antiquated (though ironically not ancient at all) point of view. The idea is not that accepting the power of God within one's self will make him or her more powerful, it's that we are all a part of the energy of the universe and our purpose is to expand that energy.

Those making the big decisions in this world (starting wars or whatever else) aren't powerful because they are "God", they have simply made it their passion to gain power, not peace.

I believe that accepting that we're all connected and a part of God isn't necessarily the dedicated worship of almighty GodAllahBuddha, it's the choice to accept oneness, which simply translates to peace and harmony, and to expand the mind forward from that.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Really nice - whitl103

Trying to explain Oneness - - even when the person is interested is tough.

For me the concept is so simple - - I've had experiences since birth and its my normal - but others have to "detox" religion first - - before they can even begin to wrap their mind around Oneness.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

"" I don't think you've answered my question how you came to believe your belief. ""

To start with my parents were no help, my dad was a former believer turned humanist my mother was a non practicing catholic

so I didn't get a bunch of Bible thumping at home.

It wasn't until I realized, during my research for what muslim and wahabbi muslims were and all that,

that the war between good and evil was for real. I was listening to an audio called, "the 5 deceptions of islam"

was the lightbulb moment for me. that was part one.

Next was to find a teacher, but that was harder than I thought. for a true understanding of the

Creation, one needs a pastor well versed in the scriptures, the masoretic texts , a bible handbook,

The Interlinear Bible: Hebrew-Greek-English, and the Brown-Driver-Briggs Hebrew and English Lexicon.

you see how complicated that got? this info cannot be gleaned from a quick once over of the texts

an explanation must be gotten into and each sentence must be fully aired out for a true understanding of the scriptures.

did you know, there was a first earth age, before this recent creation? I didn't.

So to answer your question, it wasn't at sunday school, because an understanding is not achieved

from a quick once over read of the Bible. or from a church who has been compromised.

So, it happened over time from a cpl of sources who were way down on the list of places I looked first

and places were most everyone would seek first, not knowing they were in the camp of the enemy.

Did that answer your question?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Thank you toasted

It won't let me just say thank you
- - so everyone must find and travel their own path.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Besides the cheesyness by the guy....

I agree for the most part.

The "Demons" he speaks of I don't think are something created by us that have power over us, if we are God then it is all within our ability to understand and resolve. I think we have created negative aspects of ourselves that limit ability for clear or aperspectival perception. But I don't think "they" are outside of us and have control over us, it is us that empowers them - even to the point of thinking they are a "they" had have power over us.

I think Dualism is a negative deficient aspect of ourselves that needs to be superseded. It saw the start of it's employ with the Dualistic frame works or Mono theistic religions with a Good and Evil.

I think we are God, part of the creative energy of the Universe. Check out a Philosopher by the name of Jean Gebser and his book "The Ever-Present Origin"

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Thank you.... I really loved the video. There is no trying.. there is only doing.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
statement that we are got is just a crap. ill explain why. its simple - to know who or what certain thing is we should know meaning of the word that represents it. someone thinks that god is creator of universe. how that someone could be god if he has not created universe? if someone understands god as creator of life then sure, we could be gods because of cloning, genetic engineering and other scientific stuff. so statement that says who is god is very relative and depends on every person individually. what 'fits' for one, may not 'fit' for the others.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Back in 1969, Anton LaVey published The Satanic Bible, and with it formed an organized religion now known as The United Church of Satan. It is an interesting point that one of the largest focuses of modern satanic thought and practice is accepting yourself as your own god.

I'm not saying I buy into all this crap, just saying that for those who want to take the idea of "us as god" a little further, LaVey, for better or for worse, makes a fantastic arguement (just skip the whole chapter on magic unless you are really into the whole "occult" thing).

Do human beings possess power in this world? Sure. Power of thought, power of suggestion, power of choice... little things we don't even notice. But humans as God? That's a bit much for me. I think we're giving humans more credit than is due

[edit on 9-6-2008 by kholdstare]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I awoke to the truth of the true essence of "God" a while ago. It's a shame so many people discount this as simply being "new age hippy crap", they will come to the truth eventually though, if not in this lifetime then some other one. Sheep piss me off anyway.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MASH_DADDY

Whoah.... hold on....

Sorry to say but this is Blasphemy.. How on earth can you even begin to comprehend God? Yet say that we are Him..while I believe what you say about everything being connected, a created object or thing can never comprehend its creator.

For example, a table cannot understand the intelligence of its creator (the carpenter) same goes with Humans, whether God really did put us here or another "higher" divine being we can never comprehend its power or intelligence. Its like an Ant trying to understand Human intelligence!

If we were even CLOSE to being God.. there would be no reason for us to be here.. We should all have ascended ALONG time ago. God is perfect.. Humans are not.. simple as that.

Think about it. You are a being with incredible power, you know everything and can do anything. Eventually you decide it's time to begin the process over again in an effort to once again realize the vast potential of your consciousness and just how great it is. You decide to forget your SELF, enter into a state of amnesia and be tossed into the most intense lesson this galaxy (possibly even this three dimensional universe) has to offer. You will remember, in due time.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by roxaz
statement that we are got is just a crap. ill explain why. its simple - to know who or what certain thing is we should know meaning of the word that represents it. someone thinks that god is creator of universe. how that someone could be god if he has not created universe? if someone understands god as creator of life then sure, we could be gods because of cloning, genetic engineering and other scientific stuff. so statement that says who is god is very relative and depends on every person individually. what 'fits' for one, may not 'fit' for the others.

You have an image of God, you think that if someone says he is God, he must be able to do miracles and stuff. Also you say that to be able to clone means to be powerful. I don't call anything "powerful"

Everything is the same thing, under a different form. And we create our reality, most of the time involuntarily. Remember that quote from the bible that says that if we had faith we could move mountains. I am not a Christian and I do not take the whole bible literally, but I am sure it is so.

Outside reality has nothing to do with our freedom or happiness, when people will be able to ignore it and just be happy, without the need for more stuff, or without worrying about anything, I think the world will change

Can't explain better, I posted some quotes before on this thread, see them, there are some better explanations there

The disciples were absorbed in a discussion of Lao-Tzu’s dictum:
Those who know do not say; Those who say do not know.

When the master entered, They asked him what the words meant. Said the master, "Which of you knows the fragrance of a rose?" All of them indicated that they knew. Then he said, "put it into words." All of them were silent.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kholdstare
It is an interesting point that one of the largest focuses of modern satanic thought and practice is accepting yourself as your own god.
[edit on 9-6-2008 by kholdstare]

etcetera...

Again, one must stop envisioning God as a singular all-powerful being to embrace the idea of oneness. Accepting that God is within each and every one of us is about as humble as you can get, because if we all contain God and are a part of the same collective consciousness, then no one is more "powerful" than another. Those negative ideas have grown from our separatist society.

The way I personally see it, life is essentially a collection of interacting chemical processes prompted by the input of information and energy (largely electric energy in the human body). The chemicals are provided by the physical universe, the information is provided by our senses and our environment, and the energy is provided by God, or the spark of life, or the one energy that we all tap into and use a part of...and it doesn't come equipped with super powers, at least not for we human types.

Accepting God is accepting supreme humility.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by whitl103]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Sure we have the power inside of us, absolutely. I believe this.

But we did not create ourselves or simply evolve from nothingness??? We are no where near as highly spiritual as that of the Creator or Jesus Christ. What I don't understand is WHY everyone seems now so keen to place us, the human race in the realm of the gods??! Compared to God, we know nothing.

This is what I BELIEVE.

What I'm trying to say is, these are powerful, incredibly wise beings, older than time ITSELF. How can people say that we meausre up to this?? If you believe in the existence of the Creator, of God, then you would agree that God created the entire, infinite universe, time and every single thing included in this and since we are STILL debating the existence of alien creatures and looking for a cure to common diseases and beginning world wars in the name of love and peace and God then I'll say again, we know nothing in comparison to the Almighty.
How would you explain this loss or lack of enormous knowledge and history on our part?? Generational amnesia??

We're not God. We exist in a 3rd dimensional world. C'mon now.
Look a bit more into the history of where we came from - from a Pleaidian's perspective... from someone who has a higher spiritual awareness than the bulk of humanity.. please, just look into it.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Oh Joy, another line of new age hippy crap. Shouldn't you be off supporting Obama or something?

We are not one. If I could be one with you I'd choke you with the embilical cord we all get while we're astrally projecting. Golden and pretty as it closes off your wind pipe and you fade off into oblivion.

I like being me. I don't want to meld with you and I damn sure don't want to become some great big hive mind.

I'm not God and neither are you. If you are, wave your hand and change my mind. That's all you have to do.

Wow...................................................Wow.
I`m stunned.
the one guy who claims to represent this all loving god
is the meanest rudest one of the bunch.
typical.... isn`t it?

just what one would expect from a religious zealot ... a fanatic.....

ITS A DAMN BOOK......A BOOK....JUST A BOOK.

sir do you have even the slightest bit of YOUR OWN THOUGHTS
left to realize your being LIED TO ON THE GRANDEST OF SCALES.

yes....we are GOD......YOU ARE...I AM

Religion separates us...divides us....pits us against one another.
try to step back and look at the bigger picture when it comes to
world religions.

But ...alas... I know that every word I say to you is totally wasted.

Religion is the most destructive force on earth.

Its level of BRAIN-WASHING is so deep that it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE
to make someone realize the truth...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I have had something along those lines indicated to me in heavy meditation. From what I could interpret with my limited mind, at the consciousness level ALL is connected and part of the source, and it experiences through all of its creations, like tiny little neurons all firing information back and forth between themselves. All connected and one, but yet not fully aware of it in this limited reality.

sounds like a script for another matrix movie with adaptations from Maynard

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pretty_vacant
We're not God. We exist in a 3rd dimensional world. C'mon now.
Look a bit more into the history of where we came from - from a Pleaidian's perspective... from someone who has a higher spiritual awareness than the bulk of humanity.. please, just look into it.

The video is reflecting panthiest theology. The idea being there is only ONE being in the universe, God, and everything in the illusion of creation is from the mind of God.

This world is an illusion, a dream state, and the dreamer IS God. Therefore the statement "you are god" does not mean you are like god as an individual, it means you exist solely in the mind of God. Notice the video keeps saying "Wake Up". It states clearly there is no hope, there is no escape, meaning if you are not enjoying this experience then trying to change the dream is silly, as waking up would be the logical choice.

When you sleep and dream, the others in your dreams seem very real, but most practical people would say they exist in your subconscious, they are not actually separate entities. Furthermore if you were having a bad dream, an unpleasant nightmare, would you want to try change what happens in the dream by battling with it? Or would it make a LOT more sense given the choice, to simply wake up. You could always decide to fall asleep again later but fighting and suffering in a dream for no reason would strike most people as a bit silly.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

No one is claiming we are equal to any "God or God's". We are simply realizing we have many of the same powers a "God" has. Seriously, how many creatures on Earth could create a computer? How many creatures on Earth could plant a seed and help make a tree grow? How many creatures can clone animals? How many creatures can leave Earth and orbit around it?

Why are plants not capable of doing this, but humans are? We both are "alive".

Of course we will NEVER be equal to THE God. But, God sure did give us a lot of abilities and gifts!!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join