It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I labeled racist for being proud of my white heritage ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DonBlack

Wow. That is quite possibly the damndest thing anyone has said thus far on this topic.

White = race
Irish = heritage

He's PROUD of his heritage, and doesnt take "pride" just because he's white.

Do you get it now or do i have to write it on a cracker and feed it to you (no pun intended)

edit : I apologize - my original post was very harsh....forgive me

[edit on 5-6-2008 by QBert]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBert

White people: If a black man calls you racist and you're not, walk up to him, go "HA!" in his face as loud as you can, and walk away.

I had a black man call me racist before, he said to my face "you be racist cause all white pplz are racist."

I said to him "Yes, I'm racist. I hate white people!" (which is of course not true).

He didn't know what to say.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

of course he didnt have a reply
because he didnt have an argument in the first place

HE was racist

to say "yer racist because yer white, hyuck"

is a racist comment.

lol why do i always get so heated in this very discussion

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Wow. That is quite possibly the dumbest thing anyone has said thus far on this topic.

Hang on a second and ill see if i can find a crayon to write this in so you can understand it better.

White = race
Irish = heritage

He's PROUD of his heritage, and doesnt take "pride" just because he's white.

Do you get it now or do i have to write it on a cracker and feed it to you (no pun intended)

But his heritage is a white heritage. Irish are white. He can not say he is proud to be Irish without saying he is proud to be white.

And if he is not proud to be white, not proud of who he is, then he has self-esteem issues and should see a psychologist.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DonBlack
That's a paradox.

Irish = White.

So if you are proud to be Irish, then you are proud to be White.

If you are not proud to be White, then you are not proud to be Irish.

I'd say if we're going to be proud about anything at all then we should be proud that we are "humans" and are even capable of asking these questions in the first place. # all the gibberish boundaries or separations we have created over "time." They mean nothing. They are nothing! Smash them all to bits!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

OHHH MY GODDDDDDDD

how do i get through to you

*sigh*
He's proud to be Irish. Not white. This is not saying he's ashamed that he's white. What he's saying is that "yeah im white, so what? IM IRISH"

and why? Because there are other white heritages that he's not proud of. My guess would be the same heritage that enslaved the irish people

Just because he's white doesnt mean he's proud of "white heritage"

he's proud to be irish

Bottom line

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Can you imagine if that commercial was aired with roles reversed! The outcry there would be.

That commercial was so shocking it nearly made me ill. We sit back and say nothing. All because we fear being socially ridiculed.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

This thread start to being pathetic.

Irish doesn't mean white as you are Irish because you are born in Ireland or you immigrate in Ireland and then get the Irish status, why mix the nationality with the skin colour? especially when both pride is totally idiot.
And why be proud of your skin colour? it's like say I'm proud to have black hair and blonde sux like for the girls, why a blonde girls is automatically dumbest than a brown or black one?

I'm a white belgian black haired with blues eyes punk male but i don't care, I'am what I'am, I'm born like this and it is fine for me i don't need to say I'm proud to be white or Belgian or punk, where is the point to be proud of that?
I don't understand you peoples, you the so-called humans.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by ufopunx]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadgerJoe
I have a question that I hope someone can answer.
Why the pride in being a specific race?

It's who you are, and it cannot be changed. You can change the way your hair is cut, you can change your political views, you can change much about yourself, but you cannot change your race.

You're not proud of who you are? We in the professional fields call that no self-esteem.

I don't define myself as "a white guy" first and foremost, to me it's incidental. I was born with it and I don't see that as something to be proud of in that it's nothing that I had control over. It's not something that I "achieved" or "won" by doing something special. I don't feel it makes me any better or less than any other race or nationality.
I do take pride in the things I've done and I take pride in my family and such for the values they instilled.
And I'm not sure where I suggested that I had no pride in myself by asking a question where the answer wasn't obvious to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

see? its the very hypocritical racist crap like that

that #*$#$&#$ just makes me so damned mad that i wanna go make a commercial just like it that plays on the stereotypes of black people

Thats where racism comes from. Neither side is willing to drop the stupid ass games.

I need to leave this topic before i type something ill regret.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

OHHH MY GODDDDDDDD

how do i get through to you

*sigh*
He's proud to be Irish. Not white. This is not saying he's ashamed that he's white. What he's saying is that "yeah im white, so what? IM IRISH"

and why? Because there are other white heritages that he's not proud of. My guess would be the same heritage that enslaved the irish people

Just because he's white doesnt mean he's proud of "white heritage"

he's proud to be irish

Bottom line

i stopped posting in this post for reasons like this

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufopunx

Irish doesn't mean white as you are Irish because you are born in Ireland or you immigrate in Ireland and then get the Irish status

That's silly. Yes, if you immigrated to Ireland, you would become a citizen of Ireland, but you would not be "Irish".

I'm Scottish (by heritage, I live in America), and if I moved to Ireland, would I then be Irish? NO. I would still be Scottish.

If I moved to Scotland from America, would I be accepted as Scottish? YES. Because my Heritage, my ancestry,m y GENES AND DNA are Scottish.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

but you just posted...

and reasons like what? The fact that im trying to explain to him there is a difference in race and hertiage?

Or...what exactly ya gettin at here

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

"" Why am I labeled racist for being proud of my white heritage ? ""

To divide, and conquer us.

It is a complete manipulation, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Of course, if "we the people" had free access to the airwaves, to openly dicuss this without restrictions

[ kind of like our constitution spells out ] this charade would have not only been stopped, but more likely

would never have even started. Because on an even playing field, truth will always win out...

and that is why, the enemy stacks the deck in his favor, with unconstitutional laws

and political correct nonsense, because he must cheat in order to get away with a lie.

If this was already said, I apologize, I had no time to read the thread first...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Okay

then by your very definition, all you really have to do is have a few generations of your family be irish.
So a black man can, by your defiition, have his "race" be irish?

I believe that this is true, but i know you'll try your best to refute it.

Its irrefuttable

you shoudl realy find another topic

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

well then im very surprised you managed to earn that degree. however, i do know that their is NOTHING in ANY anthro program that teaches about ranking races of others or any of this superiority garbage youre talking about.

and now that i hear you ranting on mindlessly about "the jews!!!!", i realize how you can make such ridiculous comments about races. go back to planning your recapturing the world from the evil bankers. you've watched one too many poorly crafted documentaries my friend. ive seen them all too, im just not stupid enough to fall for every conspiracy theory i read.

oh and by way. since you are a such a great anthro student and you know so much about races, you should note that the Jews are classified as CAUCASIAN...just like you

link   
reply to post by toasted

Hasn't been said in those exact words, but i think you are correct in what your saying there...

[edit on 5-6-2008 by The Soldier Of Darkness]

link   
reply to post by toasted

Okay - Donblack give toasted the trophy of dumbest thing said thus far.

What are you getting at Toasted? Are you, as well, saying that all white people are racist?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

reply to post by LoneGunMan

see? its the very hypocritical racist crap like that

that #*$#$&#$ just makes me so damned mad that i wanna go make a commercial just like it that plays on the stereotypes of black people

Thats where racism comes from. Neither side is willing to drop the stupid ass games.

I need to leave this topic before i type something ill regret.

That commerical, like most of what you see on TV is propoganda by the ELITE.

As I said somewhere earlier in this thread, the ELITE want to see the other races destroyed and their own bloodlines preserved - and they are starting with the white race, since the white race presents the biggest challenge to the elite's conquest for power.

How does the commerical fit-in? It's simple. The commercial is promoting white women having sex with black men. In case you didn't realize, white woman + black man = non-white chidren.

If no more white children are born, the white race will become extinct.

After the white race is gone, the elite then will focus on the other races.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join