It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I labeled racist for being proud of my white heritage ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I totaly agree with this, i find it insulting that we (even though we are the majority still here not quite sure though at least in Oregon) are being treated differently just because we are affraid to appear "racist" for wanting to take pride in our own heritage, all you can do is just ignore them when they say you are racist because its not true and they are just as bad as us, the world has become a mish-mash of hypocracy and i know i for one am fed up with it.

commune in the wilderness is the only way we can fix this

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by QBert

I don't think thats what he meant...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DonBlack

*shakes head* there is no hope for you man

but ill play by your rules

yer right, that makes the "white" race history
it also makes the "black" race history too

and what does it create? A new race?

Or how about a new human being.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by QBert

I never knew about the irish slaves, nice find.

Did you know that Irish who opposed england were sent to australia as political prisoners?

I'm sure they were not alone. Meaning, there were probably some brits and welsh and

others as well...because tyrants don't like any loud opposition...for fear of being exposed...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Everyone understands that "White” is not a heritage right?

Be proud of your heritage but don't hide your bubbling caldera of hate behind some "I'm just proud of my history" declaration. I think more people would have far more respect for you if you just came out and said "I hate everyone that's different from me".

The people I'm talking to know who they are.

*sigh*

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

your country reacently had a government change to a lefty government
so the lefties are altra confident right now and ramming it down your throat.

link   
reply to post by toasted

There were more irish slaves traded and murdered in 99 years, than all of "black slavery in america"

This is not said to condone black slaveyr in america. Nothing can condone that, and nothing should ever try.

But i use it to show certiain black people that "HEY GUESS WHAT? I never owned a slave, and you've never been a slave, so shut the #$(*$ up about it. You dont hear irish people complaining....!!!!

link   
I am actually getting irritated by my own thread...

This is just making me even angrier than I was before, and it's not what I had hoped for...

link   

By that reasoning, no more black race either. I guess that would make it a twofer.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by BadgerJoe]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by QBert

first, calm down, ...
...then

try re-reading my post..@ 18:41...

[edit on 5-6-2008 by toasted]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This has bothered me for awhile now. First, I want to say that I'm white, male, married (with a son), and 32 years old. Now then, with that out of the way.....

Believe it or not, in about 2002 or 2003, when Iraq was still pretty fresh and I watched CNN regularly, they had a story about how a white American man was denied a job at a certain place somewhere in the midwest I believe, just because he was white. The place was owned by black people and all employees were either black or hispanic. CNN actually called it "an apparent case of reverse racism". WTF! Only whites can be racists!?

And recently where I live, in Calgary, the local Muslim community have successfully won city councils approval to build a "semi-private" community at Calgary's northeast boarder, for Muslim people to work, live and worship, as it's centered around a grand Mosk, which I must admit is quite beautifull, architecturally.

But I ask everyone I know to consider what would happen if I organized a "semi-private" white community. What if we tried to keep it at least 95% white? With a "white and proud" community center and walls around the whole area, and everything else. The result is obvious. There would be public outrage. We would be demonized. Labeled 'racists' and assumed neo-nazis. When the truth is, I'm a lover of all cultures. I celebrate our ethnic differences as a testimant to human evolution. I find it profoundly interesting. I only resent the common feeling that whites are the root of all evil. All whites who love being white must hate all others? That's just stupid.

I'm getting truly mad that every other ethnic culture is allowed to openly celebrate thier culture but we can't, lest we be considered racist scum. The world (at least North America), has become so hyper-PC as to be more than burgeoning on misguided and maybe even fully delusional in it's blame of white people for most very problem we face today.

[edit on 6/5/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

If you're not refering to me...then i apologize for what im about to say

I've been saying, all along, that race and heritage are different. The reason i bring this up is because there's only been one person saying otherwise, and you use the plural "people" in your post....

or maybe im looking into your reply too deeply.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by POSTmajor

and now that i hear you ranting on mindlessly about "the jews!!!!", i realize how you can make such ridiculous comments about races. go back to planning your recapturing the world from the evil bankers. you've watched one too many poorly crafted documentaries my friend. ive seen them all too, im just not stupid enough to fall for every conspiracy theory i read.

See my experiment for you below.

Originally posted by POSTmajor
oh and by way. since you are a such a great anthro student and you know so much about races, you should note that the Jews are classified as CAUCASIAN...just like you

Jews are Semitic, hence the term anti-semitism. Arabs are also semetic. Semites are middle-eastern, NOT white.

You are correct though, on Census reports, there is no "Semetic" category, and they get lumped into caucasian, along with HISPANICS who incase you didn't realize, are also NOT white.

It's another ploy by the elite - make the whites think they really have the power, by making them think the people that really have power (jews) are white.

Jews are not white. They also make up 2% of the US Population but 75%+ of the government and 90%+ of the media. You don't see a conspiracy there?

Here, do the research yourself, I'll help you out. Do this Experiment.

Common Jewish Names:
- Anything ending in "stein" e.g. Einstein
- Anything ending in "berg" e.g. Goldberg
- Anything containing "rose" e.g. Rosenbaum
- Anything containing "silver" e.g. Silverman, Silverstein
- Anything ending in "man" e.g. Silverman, Bowman, Goldman
- Anything containing "gold" e.g. Goldstein, Goldberg
- Anything ending in "baum" e.g. Rosenbaum
- Mostly anything ending in "er" e.g. Adler, Rockefeller

Now go look up a list of all US Senators on Wikipedia. Find out how many have Jewish names.

Now go look up all the owners of media corporations. Find out how many have Jewish names.

Now go look up your favorite celebrity on wikipedia and read their "early life" bio. I bet they had Jewish parents.

Even look at the elite families that control the world. Rothschild - Jewish name. Rockefeller - Jewish name. Even the group they call themselves, the BilderBERG group has a Jewish name.

If you cannot see the real conspiracy here, you are blind.

And no, I'm not a jew-hater. I have some jewish friends. Not all jews are in on the conspiracy. But the elites that control things, ARE jewish.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am of Hungarian descent. That makes me a white guy.

If i think of my Hungarian heritage, yeah there is some pride. Not much really...i can't be proud of people that i didn't know if i am to be logical.

If i think of any heritage associated with being white, i am horrified. "White" people have certainly done a lot of evil. Not sure what to be proud of with that.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Everyone understands that "White” is not a heritage right?

You are right, it's a race, not a heritage. Like your heritage you cannot change, you also cannot change your race.

It's who you are.

Like I said, if you are not proud to be white, you have self-esteem issues, which is a serious mental disorder.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

If i think of any heritage associated with being white, i am horrified. "White" people have certainly done a lot of evil. Not sure what to be proud of with that.

Like what evil things? Can you name them? Or are you another white individual brainwashed to hate himself and have low self esteem?

link   

You are right, it's a race, not a heritage. Like your heritage you cannot change, you also cannot change your race.

It's who you are.

Like I said, if you are not proud to be white, you have self-esteem issues, which is a serious mental disorder.

So it's ok to be proud of being black, hispanic or whatever because otherwise you would have mental issues?
Just trying to find the reasoning here.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by BadgerJoe]

link   

LOL

i have jewish friends

that doesnt mean you're not a hate-spewing "jew hater"

You want to know the reason that jewish people seem to be everywhere? Because the Jewish people come from a pretty FREGGIN BIG BACKGROUND.

What you're saying, is like me coming up to you and saying

Man...there sure are a lot of smiths in the united states phone books, must be a conspiracy

OR

There are a lot of Smiths now, because there were a lot of smiths back then.

Spoiler Alert!

[edit on 5-6-2008 by QBert]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Again, I have no problem with people having pride in themselves. I have a problem with people that hide their hate and loathing for others behind that.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBert
reply to post by toasted

Okay - Donblack give toasted the trophy of dumbest thing said thus far.

What are you getting at Toasted? Are you, as well, saying that all white people are racist?

It may seem dumb to you, because you are all frothy around your lips...

chill out and re-read what I said, I wasn't even responding to you @ 18:41

it was a response to the OP!

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join