It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I labeled racist for being proud of my white heritage ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This thread will probably be deleted, but I think I am making a valid point of discussion here.

Why if I am "proud to be white" am I labeled a racist ?

Why are whites not allowed to form "white only groups" only to be labeled
neo nazis, skinheads and white supremacist's ?

Why are blacks, asians, hispanics, allowed to have "pride" marches, form latino / black pride groups etc

Even gays / lesbians are allowed to do this....

If whites were to march down the street screaming "white power" as the blacks do currently, or screaming "white pride" it would turn into a national controversy and everyone would be labeled racist...or neo nazi etc..

Am I as a white man now supposed to be "ashamed" of my heritage ?

Am I not allowed to be proud of who I am ethnically ? But every other race is ... ?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I just don't see the point of pride in ones own colour. I mean, essentially, we're all the same right? Any differences are minor and quite frankly irrelevant. We're all one.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
you just pulled the pin out of the hand grenade with this one. i agree with you, such a double standard. i would guess because the sight of a bunch of white people marching that way brings up too many old ideas. it would just look like a kkk rally

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

I understand what your saying dude, but unfortunately thats not how the world works...

These groups exist, and will continue to exist...

So I am only wondering why everyone is allowed to do how they please basically except whites...

Black, hispanic, asian comedians can all make fun of other races, including whites...but oh my god, beware to the white comedian who dares make fun of blacks and other races...

I have come across white comedians who have done this...but only to hear later that they were "reprimanded" in some way for the content of their show... ??

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

Exactly...it would look like a typical KKK rally...but if that is what the other races think or assume, then they are in fact being racist towards whites...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

So why is it allowed that one segregates its itself from another..

In the UK ..I am proud of my heritage to be british and the history that spans thousands of years..yet my colour and culture in this " multi racial society" .....cannot be celebrated ...in case it offends ...

What a crap state of affairs!!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

That is a good point if I understand you correctly...

Muslims / Blacks / Hispanics all remove themselves from "white society in some way, and form their own "neighborhood" or "territory" as such, where whites are NOT welcome, you can't walk through the neighborhood without being taunted or threatened...

Yet if a group of white people formed their own "closed" white only community, the rest of them would be up in arms labeling every white person there racist...DEMANDING that they also be allowed to live there....

My case being a recent incident, I think this happened in Australia, or the UK, can't remember now exactly, where a white father and his son wanted to go to a community swimming pool,,,only to be stopped at the gates by the muslim attendants saying they are not allowed to enter because they are white...and when the father asked him so why don't you have a section for whites only the guy responded " if there was a big enough demand for a whites only section they would consider it"

Point was the guy said that if him and his son wanted to enter they would have to go and ask the other muslim "customers" so to say, if it was ok with them if the "whites" came to swim with them...

Hows that work

[edit on 5-6-2008 by The Soldier Of Darkness]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

Like I said ..I am proud of my country ...we have accepted every race and thats what has made us so strong ..the mix...and now we get this

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I feel my birthright is being taken away by idiots!!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Welcome to the 21st century world of Politically correct living. When I listen to, read or watch the news, talk shows, op eds, opinion shows, etc.. all I keep hearing about is racism. Why is the topic of racism so prevalent in todays society when the civilized world is less racist now then it has ever been?

Is there still racism? yes, but very rarely in the public domain and when it occurs, the offender is swiftly 'dealt with'.
Are white people the only ones who have the capacity to be racists? apparently so if you believe everything that we are being programed to believe.

Why can't people just be people?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness
reply to post by shuck

That is a good point if I understand you correctly...

Muslims / Blacks / Hispanics all remove themselves from "white society in some way, and form their own "neighborhood" or "territory" as such, where whites are NOT welcome, you can't walk through the neighborhood without being taunted or threatened...

Yes if a group of white people formed their own "closed" white only community, the rest of them would be up in arms labeling every white person there racist...DEMANDING that they also be allowed to live there....

Hows that work

I'm gonna try to stay civil on this. I think you are missing that whites are the majority in America, and as a white person, we have no idea how it feels to be a minority. And what are "closed" communities? I've never heard of anything like that, unless your talking about extremist compounds and the like. Sure, racial tensions are high in certain areas, but remember segregation and slavery aren't ancient history. You seem to be stating that minorites "remove" themselves from society; I believe the term is "excluded."

I'm proud of where I came from, but I don't put to much thought in things I can't change.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The swimming pool incident happened in the UK

Here are 2 links to the story....

www.downundernewslinks.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now please...seriously...tell me what would have happened if it was white people who turned muslims away saying..."this is for whites only, you are not allowed to enter"

There would have been a riot and flag burning i assume...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

IMO...you can be proud of your heritage as long you have equal respect for others' cultures as well. I understand what you mean about not being able to proclaim your pride in parades and other public forms...but, it's because in MOST cases, when that is done, those particular individuals ARE racists.

It sucks, but unfortunately - that's the way it is.

Good questions, nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hmmm, lets see...maybe because here in the USA there is a history RIPE with abuses against non-white, non-western, third-world peoples.

Just the fact that you bring it down to "being proud of being white", what the hell does that mean?

I am a born and raised US citizen. Because of the newness and vagueness of my culture I looked into my families past and I am proud to say I am PROUD to be a member of the Burnett Clan. Why because it is part of who I am. It is my family heritage, and why not be proud of it. VIRESCIT VULNERE VIRTUS!

It is about culture not color.

The difference between finding pride in my heritage and yours in being 'white' is obvious and you can't tell me you don't know why because you have already pointed it out.

To quote you:

Exactly...it would look like a typical KKK rally...but if that is what the other races think or assume, then they are in fact being racist towards whites...

Just reflect on this for a bit and I think you should be able to figure this one out.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Quote: "Even gays / lesbians are allowed to do this.... "

Im sorry, but adding the word 'even' in your comment makes you sound like you may have a problem with gays and lesbians - perhpas you dont realise how this sounds....

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Yes...but my point was that this is how ALL other races would see it, because they are racist towards whites in general...

They can't just see the march as "oh, well everyone else does it, why can't they...."

Nope, they have to scream "racist"

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by optimistic skeptic

I have respect for all other races and cultures...

It is THEY unfortunately who have no respect for us...

Us whites are already bending over backwards trying to satisfy all the minorities, so much it's becoming ridiculous...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Animal

Yes...but my point was that this is how ALL other races would see it, because they are racist towards whites in general...

*Emphasis is mine*

Come on man. You are so close. Don't stop now.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

i think you should have european pride

thats where you came from anyway

do you have an exact geneology on your family to know that you are 100% caucasion

caucasian comes from caucaus mountains and those who either lived or crossed over to europe, wither way, we are all so mixed its to hard to tell whos what and all that boring crap

see this

en.wikipedia.org...

i dont know how to post a link but you get the idea

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Not just mine...

Google the topic of my post and you will see how many times this SAME question has been asked...

Most whites are just too scared to bring it up...I however am not...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Animal

What? I'm sorry but that statement is a harsh, rascist generalization. Whether you like it or not, the way you're posting shows a lot about your antiquated views on equality.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join