It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I labeled racist for being proud of my white heritage ?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
BAHAHAHAHAHA Hispanics are not white???? ok there, champ. you all need a lesson in human evolution. ill give you the simpleton version so even you can understand. the human race began in africa, some moved north and then split in two directions - east and west. those who moved west became Caucasian, those who moved east became asian. tribes settled and interbred and some mixed in different combinations with others. what you want to call races such as Hispanics and jews, are simply pockets of Caucasians who interbred so much without outside blood that they became apparently distinct in appearance from others.

jews make up alot of the senate because they got rich and smart hundreds of years ago when the Christians couldnt have banks. stop being a loon. and they DONT own 90% of the media. stop believing every piece of garbage that right wing idiot racists tell you. go ahead and look up these media owners and see how many of them are not actually jews at all...ill start you off with Rupert Murdoch.

oh by the way, in case you believed this aswell, Hitler has no Jewish blood either, sorry...i know thats a popular myth among you folks, but academia (you know...the people who actually research and understand things) says otehrwise.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBert

George Washington Carver made MONUMENTAL discoveries, and he had to accomplish HUGE racial adversity.

Whoo, he found out that by mashing peanuts, you can make it into peanut butter.

MONUMENTAL. COLOSSAL. AMAZING!

link   

reply to post by Rasobasi420

Another thing, Rasobasi, while i agree with a lot of what you said

Stop bringing up the St.Patricks day crap!!!

its not celebrating "BEING WHITE"

It's celebrating a saint. Its no different than valentines day or what the retail stores have turned christmas into

Hmmm... then what's the deal with the leprechauns, pots of gold and Kiss Me I'm Irish shirts?

Irish have takes St Patricks day as their own, and flood the streets, hold parades, and love being Irish.

Octoberfest has the German population proud to be German (and drunk)

And Cinco deMayo has everyone Mexican, eating tacos and drinking beer.

Carnival has everyone partying and parading.

Fact is, minorities will celebrate right alongside white people when they want to celebrate their heritage, and the opposite is also true.

link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

List the top ten aspects of being white that you are proud of.

Peace

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DonBlack

Oooh, the evil "Joooos" conspiracy. Love it. Not very original, but a classic, nevertheless. Complete with stereotyping and everything...

Has it occurred to you, that possibly, just possibly, that these people got to where they are by, OMG, working their little collective asses off? Probably not...you're too caught up in the "bogeyman of the day" game.

[edit on 6/5/2008 by seagull]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlscribe
That must have been quite the load to get off your chest, huh?

For the record, Islam is a religion, not a race. The so called discrimination you've suffered is a religious one.

Sorry Atllscribe. Just thought I'd try to have a point rather than a lot of the senseless bickering that's running rampant on this thread.

And I know that Muslim is a religion and not a race but the thing is, this particular group I'm refering to, doesn't care if you're Catholic, Protestant, Orthodox, Satanist, Atheist, or even Muslim (I used to have a close friend who was white and a Muslim and he had alot of trouble going to Mosque). What I'm saying is that around here, it's pretty well understood that "we" won't be truly welcome in their community because we're white.

This is primarily a racial issue and less so, a religious one.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Get a clue. Look Dr. Carver up, you'll find he did much more than discover by mashing peanuts you get peanut butter.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DonBlack
That's quite a stretch comparing race with items such as glasses.

No, it's not. You don't choose to inherit your skin color any more than you choose to inherit your eyesight.

I'm proud of what my race as accomplished. I'm part of that race.

But you aren't part of all the accomplishments. Some, I'm sure, but not all of them. If somebody of your race on the other side of the world discovers the cure for cancer tomorrow, you've got no real reason to be proud of that.

Just as I would be proud that my ancestor (Benjamin Franklin) discovered electricity, if I was his son or grandson, not because him and I wore glasses.

If you were his son or grandson you would have no reason to be proud of his discovery. You didn't help him do it. You could, however, take pride in finding a way to live for so darn long. :-)

But I'm not the grandson of Ben Franklin, so I can't be proud of him discovering electricity - but by the same token he is white, and I'm white too, so we share a common bond. If Ben Franklin was not white would he have discovered electricity - probably not.

Agreed, he probably wouldn't have, but that still wouldn't be a reason for anyone to be proud of anything today.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

I think you really captured an important part of all this..... Personally, I'm neither pround nor ashamed of being white. It just has no meaning for me. Actually, I don' t know that I've ever seen a truly white person. I think most of us are differing shades of pink and brown. I'm sort of an icy beige ha!

Okay, where you really clinched it, you're pround of your heritage. Fac Et Spera! (Matheson clan). When we lived in the U.S., we frequented the Highland Games, and I dabbled with the caber toss. I'm 6-1 240 lbs and quite frankly was petite in comparison to most of the competitors, but it was great to talk with people and share in the culture of our relatives.

I think skin color is a poor focal point for revering in one's heritage. I think it tends to paint whole peoples with a broad brush, and that's one of my few pet peeves -- generalization. We are all unique, with different ideals, hopes, dreams and fears.

Especially here, at ATS, where we frequently categorize various EBE's based once again, on physical features..... it seems a sorta trite way to think of living, thinking, feeling organisms.

Another thing touched upon...... the inequities. I personally dislike things like "Black Mayors Association" etc. I don't mean to trivialize it, but dang folks, what message is sent to the world by these groups? "You ain't us". Well, we know that, but isn't there a common dynamic, common goals that we all share? I've also seen threads here and elsewhere that infer that Senator Obama will "clinch" the black vote. I find that embarrassing. That sort of thinking presumes that people that categorize themselves as black will mindlessly vote for "their own" based solely on a similar shade of skin. I think that's absurd. Black, white, brown, beige, intermediate tones..... we all vote based on who we think is the best for the nation, yes?

I must admit, a parade of "white power" does resonate as a tweak scary to me. Perhaps it's more having to do with rubbing up against hate groups in the S.F. Bay area and being repulsed beyond measure. I shave my head. It's how bald men cope with fringe.
Fringe hair is not a good look for very many folk, IMO. There have been times in the past where I was painted with that terrible brush of "skinhead".

Okay, rant over. I passed by this thread for a while, and then, swallowing my racial guilt imposed upon me by others, I plunged in. Interesting side note: Here, in the Cayman Islands, people are frequently described as black person, brown person, tan person, pink person. Mostly, the pink persons are visitors who didn't take the lower lattitude into account.

Cheers! People Power

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Im going to say this one time and one time only:

Please stay ON topic and cease any and all personal attacks.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by POSTmajor
BAHAHAHAHAHA Hispanics are not white???? ok there, champ. you all need a lesson in human evolution.

As I said I have a bachelors degree in anthropology and working on my masters. What's your background?

Hispanics are not white. There are 3 majors races, Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid. Hispanics are a sub-race, a mix of the 3 major races. They have some Caucasian blood, but are NOT Caucasian and no scientist in the right mind would consider them Caucasian.

ill give you the simpleton version so even you can understand. the human race began in africa, some moved north and then split in two directions - east and west. those who moved west became Caucasian, those who moved east became asian. tribes settled and interbred and some mixed in different combinations with others.

Source?

what you want to call races such as Hispanics and jews, are simply pockets of Caucasians who interbred so much without outside blood that they became apparently distinct in appearance from others.

No, they are a mix of the 3 major races and are their own sub-race. They are not caucasian. They have come caucasian blood but that does not make them "caucasian".

jews make up alot of the senate because they got rich and smart hundreds of years ago when the Christians couldnt have banks. stop being a loon.

So you admit that I'm right about the Jewish conspiracy, and in the same line call me a loon? You sir are the loon.

and they DONT own 90% of the media. stop believing every piece of garbage that right wing idiot racists tell you. go ahead and look up these media owners and see how many of them are not actually jews at all...ill start you off with Rupert Murdoch.

I don't believe anything anyone else tells me, I do the research myself. And as I have said multiple times, go do the research. Don't take my word for it.

oh by the way, in case you believed this aswell, Hitler has no Jewish blood either, sorry...i know thats a popular myth among you folks, but academia (you know...the people who actually research and understand things) says otehrwise.

WTF? Why on earth would a pro-white person believe that? You are on drugs.

link   

Wow. You really have no idea what you're talking about

Click HERE if you have any inclination to being proven wrong

(side note: Sorry Moderator....i shouldnt have lashed out like that)

link   

Originally posted by FredT
Im going to say this one time and one time only:

Please stay ON topic and cease any and all personal attacks.

Thanks

Alright sorry.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DonBlack

Originally posted by Rasobasi420As for your numbers, I'd love to see where you got them from. I don't see 75% of politicians being Jewish. Do you mean Senate? Congress? President? Supreme Court?

Senate and Congress.

There are 12 Jewish Senators. That represents about 12% of the Senate (some tough math there on my part
)

There are 29 Jewish congressmen out of 435 members. I think that's 6.6% if my math is right.

Still the minority, no worries.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Wow. You really have no idea what you're talking about

Click HERE if you have any inclination to being proven wrong

(side note: Sorry Moderator....i shouldnt have lashed out like that)

Do you realize you are helping to validate my arguments? You have found ONE black man that managed to invent something. You have found the exception to the rule. Compared to how many whites that invented 99% of everything you use every day?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Ok.

So there are 4 white men
1st invents a tooth pick
2nd invents a rubber band
3rd invents a football
4th invents a tennis ball

1 black man

He invents a ... TRILLION ... ways to use a peanut and/or a soybean and completely revolutionizes industrialization.

So the white men are better suited because they invented more?
You're failing to see that G.W.C. invented more than just 1 method for each bean. So you can rack up his # of inventions if you want to play by your anti-semetic rules

and since i dont feel like typing this all out

Click Here for a small sampling of more.

I really dunno why im still posting with you - i guess i just hope i can put some decency into that thick skull of yours and rid you of SOME hate

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA...."the joooos!"...be afraid. be very afraid

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

WOW, nothing like a little hate speech. You have gone from your opening statement to now going after any race that crosses your path.

but in interests of humoring your ignorance:

www.littleafrica.com...

Meerly but a few

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

No I'm done posting with YOU - if you cannot see the obvious conspiracy that is going on, that is targeting you and your race for destruction, then you get what comes to you. I have no sympathy for you.

I just pray to god for your misguided soul that it does not happen in your life time. (I'm an athiest btw).

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join