It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I labeled racist for being proud of my white heritage ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The biggest media flub I remember with regard to stereotyping against whites was when the D.C. sniper attacks started happening. Over and over again they kept saying they were looking for a "white male" or "two white males".

I'm pretty sure they were shocked when they found the shooters were both black. Of course no apologies were ever issued to white people. I'm sure Al Sharpton would have crapped his pants if they had.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Amen brother, We as white males are going exstinct, I to am very proud of my race and that I am a Mick, thats slang for Irishman and I am not sorry for being this. I have not done anything to any ethnic group nor have I ever owned anybody. So why should I be sorry for what Rich people did. Also the south was not the place where slave were owned. Hell Ben Franklin was one of those men, why not go after the people that actually owned slaves. You never here about the Irish that were brought over as indentured servents they were done the same way. So again I am not ashamed of my race. Maybe the ones that would have us all think we are to blame are the very people who had slave in there family history. If you have a family history with lots of money, you most likely had slaves in your back ground.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimistic skeptic
IMO...you can be proud of your heritage as long you have equal respect for others' cultures as well.

That is the key that most neglect.

Solider, I'm surprised that someone who started such an interesting first thread would follow it up with something like this. I assumed you to be an intelligent well-informed individual and aware enough to have the answer to your question but I'll provide a brief one as I am too tired to do the research to add any l inks.

White pride has historically equated to violence against non-whites and Jews. This has nothing to do with anything you have done but merely a fact. Groups that claim the White Pride mantle (Skinheads, Aryan Brotherhood, KKK to name a few) have made it clear through no uncertain terms that their goal is to eliminate the "mud" races and Jews. Through violent actions such as lynchings, outright murders of gays, or fire-bombings of churches and synagogues the idea of White pride became marred in negatives. Other more contemporary religious branches of such groups have been stockpiling arms in preparation for a race war that most hope to instigate.

Historically "White pride" has gotten a bad name. The concept of the pride does not deserve this however, because in reality we as humans should be proud of our legacy and accomplishments. If you want to be proud on an individual or group basis that is fine too provide you respect the same in other.

Soldier, do a little research on the founders of White Pride groups, particularly their leaders and you will see why this has occurred.

The other part of your post dealt with groups (minorities) that have formed pride movements that are NOT considered racist. Research those movements and you will find out how most have gotten started. The concept of Black pride for example was created in the atmosphere of segregation and bigotry. It was mostly to counter the negatives being attributed to Black Americans throughout their history in America via the media as well as the dehumanizing affects of laws that placed you lower than low. Blacks in America were looked at as buffoons and not surprisingly those negatives were being accepted by Blacks.

Continuously call someone stupid, treat them as second-class citizens and block them from achievement and they start to believe it. This was reflected in numerous studies with black children and how they saw themselves in comparison to their white counterparts. The white doll is prettier than the black doll. Then there was the glass ceiling on academic achievement. I will never forget the desegregation story of the White students that made friends with the Black students. Eventually they started to wonder why their black friends never got "A"s so they decided to all switch their papers on the teacher.

The Black children got "B"s with the white tests and the White children got "A"s with the black tests. This again reinforces the idea that you aren't smarter and somewhat different from your peers. These sort of things create a complex that WE may not fully understand being that we may be privileged enough not to be in such a position. This could easily give rise to anger but again we would be speaking from a vacuum.

What ever happened to Black Pride after its creation is just a reflection of where certain groups tried to steer it. Rights and wrongs were made. Regardless I am not confused as to how it came about. Again do a little research and keep in mind the context, and the atmosphere at the time of its inception and the answer of why it came about should be quite clear. Black pride does not have the same history as those who have violently misused White pride.

Personally I prefer human pride but then again I am not too hung up on my race which seems to be a major deal to most.

Now to answer your question posed in the title, you should not be labeled a racist for being proud of who or what you are. Consequently we do have holidays and festivals that showcase the heritage of White/Europeans in this country as well as museums that showcase the historical achievements of many great Americans here in the States. It doesn't say White achievements but most of those showcased are white.

P.S.

I don't know about you but I have enjoyed Oktoberfest, Saint Patrick's day, Greek Festival, and many others. Including Gay Pride parade which in my area brings out MANY white gays.

You don't have those in your neck of the woods?

- Lee

[edit on 5-6-2008 by lee anoma]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I can sort of understand the OP but think it would be more setting to say I would like to be proud of being british/English. But you will still get the same results, the reason being, being british/English still sort of portrays racism to alot of people. Trust me try hanging a st Georges flag out of your window and see how long it is before the council come aroung telling you to remove it because it offends people.

Notice how big st Patricks day is celebrated in England compared to our very own st Georges day. Wht? Mainly due to the fact of the st Georges flag.

It will not be long before most work places will not be able to put up christmas decorations due to people of other religions working there.

Myself I come from the blood line of Anne Bolyn I have Irish german and scotish in my blood also but I am British trough and through. I was born in the UK brought up here and live by british values, I think that is what we should be proud of and keep alive. I celebrate being british as often as the opertunity arises and something I am very proud of and so should you be.

P.S sorry if I missed it but about australia, The native people are black its the white people who took over that land and many are decendants of convicts sent there from the UK so they would most proberbly trace their family ties back to the british isles.

Good day and be proud to be british, no matter your colour.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by want2believe
Amen brother, We as white males are going exstinct,

The funny thing is their excuse for it being OK to be racist towards whites is that whites are the "majority" which is a total lie. Worldwide, whites are the smallest race % wise.

And if the current down-ward trend of % of white population continues, whites will be extinct by the year 2200, give or take 50 years. Yes, the white race is on the decline, and very rapidly. It has been falling nearly .25% a year. Might not seem like a lot, but 4 years = 1%. Currently whites make up like what, 8% of the world population? Don't remember the exact number. That means they will be 1% in only 40 years, which is in all of our lifetimes.

Originally posted by want2believe
I have not done anything to any ethnic group nor have I ever owned anybody. So why should I be sorry for what Rich people did. Also the south was not the place where slave were owned. Hell Ben Franklin was one of those men, why not go after the people that actually owned slaves. You never here about the Irish that were brought over as indentured servents they were done the same way. So again I am not ashamed of my race. Maybe the ones that would have us all think we are to blame are the very people who had slave in there family history. If you have a family history with lots of money, you most likely had slaves in your back ground.

Slavery is the biggest guilt imposed on white people by the ELITE NWO. Even though, slavery that happened in america only lasted for 100 years at most, and there weren't really that many slaves.

Compare to the fact that slavery has been around for THOUSANDS OF YEARS prior to that, and slaves in history were mostly WHITE.

But yeah, whites finally turn the tables and own a few slaves, suddenly whites are the only people that have ever owned slaves.

NWO at it's finest.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DonBlack

Good point. I do think that it is a public perception/kneejerk thing as well due to the past and the big media circus about it all. White pride is usually generalised to be nazi or KKK etc etc. As far as I'm aware even the KKK had marches with Black tribesmen who had racial pride as well, I can't find the sources where I saw this though.

Public perception needs to change then maybe? Old people, mothers and young white children should all do a white pride march hehehe... that'd get the stereotyping media in a spin, if it were covered at all that is.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theukman

Let them have their parades. Be proud of the fact that they feel as the only way to make you angry, is to have a parade and a college fund, and schools, setup just for their skin color.

Yer right, having an "black power" parade is racist. But some media chooses to cover it that way. So i say you pick your batles, because unfortuantely its not one you can win by having a "im white and proud, but not racist" parade

Find out which media outlets invite Black racist leaders on their shows and slam them for hypocritical racism, and then you'll feel a little bit better. It does get called out, just not by anyone who's still feeling guilty about slavery from 200 years ago

[edit on 5-6-2008 by QBert]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
reply to post by DonBlack

Public perception needs to change then maybe? Old people, mothers and young white children should all do a white pride march hehehe... that'd get the stereotyping media in a spin, if it were covered at all that is.

Public perception can't be changed though. Public perception is controlled by the media, which is controlled by the elite. Almost all households in America have a television, and almost everyone takes what is said on TV as gospel.

After all, it's "the news" and those people sitting there talking on TV are "experts". They can't be wrong or feeding us lies, can they.

We live in a nation of sheep.

And the thing is, it's not too hard for people to just go out and do research on things themselves. The internet is wonderful, and so far independent as long as you stay away from the MSM's websites like foxnews.com or cnn.com.

But alas people are lazy, and would rather have other people, the media figureheads, do research for them.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Some great,valid points here,from both sides.
I feel like Hitler one day and John Lennon the next,so your not the only one dude.Human nature I guess?

I think its good to be a proud person for whatever reason but to be proud of dead people we dont know,just because they are related or the same skin colour isnt right imo.
Be proud of your Parents and Grandparents for raising us well and honour there ancestors for passing on there goodness.
I dont think the colour of your forefathers skin is much to celebrate though and how far back do we go,,,all the way back to Africa? Then where? Homo Sapien skin tone? God? Aliens skin tone? er, ?
My ancestors were Scottish Kings but on my mums side im a bit chinese and Irish and im proud im white but im also proud theres a little bit of yellow and green too.
None of us can trace our family tree back that far on the grand scale of things and to be proud of such a trivial matter as to the skin colour of our ancestors is kinda lame and not really important.
The human race is worth more than that and can only lead to more segragation/seperation.

Im in a John Lennon mood at the moment.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kilgour

There is a lot more to race than skin color as any anthropologist will tell you.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

My occult knowledge and life is completely separate from "outside" things that bug me from time to time...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by QBert

Just wanted to point out that your reply to me may have been to the wrong person due to the fact that what you have written does not match up to what I have written, No hard feelings just wanted to clear that up.

link   
I think the thing aswell is the term as being "white".

Like only black people are the opposing side.
We're more complex than colours.

link   
I have a question that I hope someone can answer.
Why the pride in being a specific race?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DonBlack

Darkness, to answer your original question, it's because the world is controlled by the Jewish elite NWO, and their first order of agenda is to exterminate the white race, since those group of people are their biggest threat to total control.

I believe this to be the truth. Look at what Hollywood and the media have been doing for the past 30 years or so.

Instead of the accolades we should be getting for the GREAT things we have done for mankind we are made out to be bumbling castrated pigs that are weak. While the blacks have been portrayed as REAL men. Before this could happen thought they had to make us ashamed of being white men. Then they had to make everyone PC. They did such a seamless job we cannot even see the trap. Some of us can though.

Now it seems they promote to our youth the cool thing is to be black and also through different forms of media have made black men more attractive to white women, the mothers of our race.

Its a cold war and if they keep it up we may wake up and turn that SOB of a cold war HOT.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm irish, I'm nto proud to be white, I'm proud to be irish, i could care less what color I am. and i get to sit back and drink a few guinesses on st. paddy's day, and a parade in my town for it

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadgerJoe
I have a question that I hope someone can answer.
Why the pride in being a specific race?

It's who you are, and it cannot be changed. You can change the way your hair is cut, you can change your political views, you can change much about yourself, but you cannot change your race.

You're not proud of who you are? We in the professional fields call that no self-esteem.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by DonBlack

Darkness, to answer your original question, it's because the world is controlled by the Jewish elite NWO, and their first order of agenda is to exterminate the white race, since those group of people are their biggest threat to total control.

I believe this to be the truth. Look at what Hollywood and the media have been doing for the past 30 years or so.

Instead of the accolades we should be getting for the GREAT things we have done for mankind we are made out to be bumbling castrated pigs that are weak. While the blacks have been portrayed as REAL men. Before this could happen thought they had to make us ashamed of being white men. Then they had to make everyone PC. They did such a seamless job we cannot even see the trap. Some of us can though.

Now it seems they promote to our youth the cool thing is to be black and also through different forms of media have made black men more attractive to white women, the mothers of our race.

Its a cold war and if they keep it up we may wake up and turn that SOB of a cold war HOT.

It's true! Just look at this commercial for instance:

www.youtube.com...

Can you imagine if that commercial was aired with roles reversed! The outcry there would be.

And look at any new movies that have come out in the past 10 years. Remember how you used to have the 'token black guy' in movies? Now you have a 'token white guy' in movies. But even worse, this 'token white guy' is made out to look like an idiot or a fool. Like in that movie "The Game Plan" starring The Rock which came out last year. The movie had like one white guy in it, and he was "the idiot" and was always doing stupid things.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by DonBlack]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gren

The "reason" for pride goes like this

European settlers bought slaves from black african slave traders
Slavery is abolished
Black people become prominent figures in society
Some Black people say "white ppl = racist!!! because of slavery!"
Some white people say "IM NOT RACIST!" Look what great things i've done for black people

some black people retort "white ppl = racist because your ancestors enslaved black people!!!!"

Some black people start racist organizations because white people did. (black panthers v.s. KKK)

So white people say out of pride "White people have done GOOD things"
because black people say "WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST"

Black people say out of pride"Black people are a noble people despite being enslaved"
because white people say "WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY"

See where im going with this?

To me, it seems that black people want white people to recognize black history, black rights, etc etc etc

and white people are syaing "I DO!!! WTF" or...atleast some of them.

Stop the complaining about it all tgoether.

White people: If a black man calls you racist and you're not, walk up to him, go "HA!" in his face as loud as you can, and walk away.

Black people: Dont hate all white people. If you are a black person who doesnt hate white people, then i say the next time some white guy calls you the "N" word or says something racially demeaning - walk up to him, get in his face and scream "HA!" and walk away

The issue of racism will never go away until one side concedes to the other...or until we make first contact with an extra terrestrial race

and then we can all unite in an effort to hate that race instead.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by QBert]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gren
I'm irish, I'm nto proud to be white, I'm proud to be irish, i could care less what color I am. and i get to sit back and drink a few guinesses on st. paddy's day, and a parade in my town for it

That's a paradox.

Irish = White.

So if you are proud to be Irish, then you are proud to be White.

If you are not proud to be White, then you are not proud to be Irish.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join