It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 531
<< 528  529  530    532  533  534 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
Hey BH, not to be a turd in the punchbowl of your coffee,

Well... I think it's going to be pretty easy to stop drinking it altogether after reading that.

Tea is good, right? No turds in the punchbowl about tea, is there?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

*shakes head sadly*

I am afraid so. The tea plant (the one from which all dark and green teas are made, obv. not herbal 'teas'.) , leeches sodium flouride out of the environment at an excessive rate (water, soil) and is turn loaded with it.

There are numerous references to it here on ATS, as well as lots of data online. The younger the tea plant, the less sodium flouride, but still.

I went off of coffee for a year -- just started again -- and took aspirin regualrly for the first month, it helps with the headaches and has much lower caffeine dose...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
What can I drink???

You say herbal tea is good? No turdliness there?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I personally believe you can drink whatever you want, (see sig for philosophy on life) but if you are worried about caffeine, decaf or s. flouride, I would say yes, herbal teas are 'considered safest'.

I got into Yogi tea while off coffee, one with a bit of green tea in it. There are many kinds. If you have a Trader Joes around they have a couple of great ones.

And it has been fun to get back into coffee again -- you realize what a potent drug it is when you go back to it. Half a cup is like doing a rail (can I still say that? I'm all confused after the Great Pot Debate of '09)

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
BH;

I can't resist coffee.

Good old, naturally brewed coffee.

The human species has used this particular brew for a LONG time.

In my neck of the woods there was a time when almost exclusively it was done by grinding the bean, putting it this 'gym sock' looking thing, then boiling it in this little weird looking pot. The resulting ink-like substance was then poured, to taste, into an amount of boiled milk. (and for for me, lot's of sugar cane sugar).

It went down like silk.

I'm not so sure about industrialized coffee, and what differences there might be. But, if you are sensitive to such things, you might find something.

I think our problem is, as we became more and more.., er, civilized... we forgot 'how' to consume things and just started 'consuming; non-stop. Don't get me wrong, I know some people can't tolerate certain things. But coffee is too good to me.

I wonder why my sleep rhythms and etc, haven't been negatively affected?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Congratulations to everyone who went through ans comiserations to everyone who never so far.

Also when are all the results in im anxious to know when i have officially lost

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Not to add to your workload, but I just finished my debate with xpert11. Last post is up.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What can I drink???

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Dang Schro!

You ARE a serious drinker!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

....can't eat anything.....can't drink anything.....can't breathe the air.....can't swim in the water.....can't walk upon the land.....

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Dang Schro!

You ARE a serious drinker!

Well, only before lunch.

Then I'm less serious.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Wow....just wow...I got the win.

I think I need some whiskey.......

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Congrats neformore, TruthWith, Ding (what bb code is for the blue bowing dude is insert here), MythLives and 44Soulslayer!!!!!

There are no losers in the FCP so further congrats to the other Fighters who also debated!!!

[edit on 28-2-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Thank you, it feels good to win, but the judges let me know how close I came to losing, so the nerves are going to be even higher in round 2.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Congratulations to the winners so far.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm back gents. I had what should have been a one day job on Thursday, but so far it looks like they might keep me. There are several parts of my body I can't completely feel and several that I wish I couldn't, but coming home feeling like crap is almost a joyous return to normalcy after so long out of work.

Congrats to the winners so far. Dare I say I look forward to eliminating one of you in the next round? Nah... wouldn't want to jinx myself, I'll just think it and not say anything about it to you.... (edit to add: D'OH!)

[edit on Sat Feb 28 2009 by The Vagabond]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Coffee? Tea? Beer? Whcih is best, to add a little environmental information(guilt!) to the mix, heres an interesting little article and chart from this weeks economist online:

How much water?

Congratulations to our winners so far and to the rest of us, lets relax with a soothing cup of, erm, air!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Congratulations to the winners and to those who didn't win.

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I'm back gents.

Ahem! Gents?

Thanks for all the drink info. All I drink (besides the questionable coffee) is water, but I really like something hot in the morning.

Shro, seeing that bottle actually made me a little sick to my stomach... I'll just say I haven't had any of that since a particularly rowdy party in college. There was singing while wrapped around an ottoman involved.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

That's better than lovingly serenading a dumpster.....

....bad night......bad, bad night..... :shk:

<< 528  529  530    532  533  534 >>

join