It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 530
<< 527  528  529    531  532  533 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Curling is a bit subversive the main playing equipment are brushes and stones: so on each team you have sweepers and stoners.

Hmmm, what are the repurcussions of celebrating the fact that you've got tickets to go and watch stoners?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
[edit on 28/2/09 by Supercertari]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I've always been fascinated by curling, but I can't actually say I'm a fan. I watched it on TV once and it was kind of compelling at first, but I think I would lose interest very quickly.

I do think it's more creative in its inanity than golf.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Good morning, America.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Good morning. Well, such as it is before 7am.

*makes fresh coffee for everyone*

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

QUICK... Get me a HUGE Cup...

Been up all night..... Need more coffeeeeeeeeee

"Sleep is for Whimps"

OK, Maybe I need to go lay down for awhile...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I'll second that motion! Still working on my first cup, myself. But here you go:

Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Now THAT is my kind of coffee cup...

Wonder how I'll fit it in the dishwasher?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Morning all.

Any idea when the judges' rulings will start to trickle in?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Rumor is, sometime mid-week.

My theory is they hold them back until we make them sandwiches, though. Or threaten with medieval edged weapons.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Hello TS -

I think they may start coming in the end of next week, based on a question I asked.

What I would like to know is how much time do we get before the topics are announced and the next round? Is there a constant to that? Is it always XXX hrs.?

Off to have first cup of Joe -- I mixed a little last night, white wine, rose and THEN sake and am a litttle sorry for it today. Not hungover mind you, but in a fugue state.

Greetings all

Ding, I am so glad to her that you can at least appreciate curling and will say again it is that it is really fun to do, if you ever get the chance. I've only seen places or it in Canada and Switzerland though.

Coffee time!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Morning all.

Any idea when the judges' rulings will start to trickle in?

Do you mind if I save this image to use as an avatar when I get bored of my current one?

And, @Ian, you look a little pained today. Good celebration last night?

edit to wave at TWISI

[edit on 2/28/09 by americandingbat]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
And, @Ian, you look a little pained today. Good celebration last night?

Why yes, indeed. The avatar's either 1) in intense pain, 2) using his psychic powers, or 3) forgot to pick up more milk for his coffee yesterday. I'll let you guess what ones are accurate.

It's a temporary placehold avatar until I perfect my happy animated munching octopus avatar.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
will say again it is that it is really fun to do, if you ever get the chance. I've only seen places or it in Canada and Switzerland though.

It is a lot of fun and a great form of exercise as well. Our Masonic Bonspiel for Charity is coming in March and I am really looking forward to it. As one of the younger fellows there, I always get stuck doin' must of the sweeping for my time.

Thankfully, there are lots of beverages about to keep me hydrated.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Fine with me, AD. I grabbed it off a google image search that led to a myspace page that linked the jpeg to someone else's photobucket account.

I'm unable to determine if it's copyrighted. So knock yerself out.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Good morning, pub. Last night was actually rather boring. I don't think the place was actually haunted. But the hallway where apparitions have been seen was a major "fear cage" with EMF readings in the danger zone..

Off to a meeting now to rehash the investigation and review the evidence, be back later.

Hey, Semper, glad you could make an appearance!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Morning all...

Originally posted by TheWayISeeIt
I think they may start coming in the end of next week, based on a question I asked.

I think that we are going to start posting them now as we recieve them due to the sheer number of debates/judgments. It will help on our end organizationally speaking...or strictly due to the desire to alleviate the anticipation of all...

What I would like to know is how much time do we get before the topics are announced and the next round? Is there a constant to that? Is it always XXX hrs.?

Debate topics are usually disclosed at the beginning of the 24 hour deadline. After judgmets are recieved the Fighters usually come to a consensus on when the next round begins so that everyone is aware of the start time and then right into it. Forewarning on topics and pairings have occurred only once (different Mod...
).

but in a fugue state.

I enjoy me a good fugue every once in a while...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Speaking of coffee, my hubby and I recently changed from dark, rich, French Roast to decaffeinated... Ugh! But we weren't sleeping very good and I read that if you drink coffee, even one cup a day, it messes up the natural rhythms of the body and causes you not to sleep well. So, I weaned us off so as not to cause giant headaches and now we are on 100% decaf. It took a month. We still grind our own beans and it's French Roast, but it's not the same. The good news is we are sleeping a LOT better! It's nice to wake up and just BE awake instead of taking 1/2 hour to "come around"

Just wanted to share.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hey BH, not to be a turd in the punchbowl of your coffee, but I remember hearing a few years back that the process that the bean is decaffinated by is a big health issue.... I think it was something to do with chemical or water process. Just in case you are interested.

Either way it is nice to see you around here!

@SEMPER - plase check your u2u before noon.

@MEM - The bummer of the fugue state is that you do not have the 'greatfulness for everything' that you do when you are well and truly hungover. Just a general fugueyness (new word!).

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I gave up coffee years ago and now just have 1 cup of nice strong tea in the morning - the rest of the day I drink water, juice or herbal.

A cup of camomile an hour before bedtime (add honey if needs be) should help sort out sleep.

The withdrawal won't be helped, because your brain recognises the taste of coffee and is waiting for a kick that never comes from the decaf - if it were me I'd find another drink until the withdrawal is complete, as the decaf is just asking for problems

top topics

<< 527  528  529    531  532  533 >>

join