It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chopper Catches Glimpse of Lost World

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
a part of me says leave them alone...

... but another part of me thinks about how much I wish an advanced species would greet us and change our world forever.

This is the first thing that came to my mind aswell.

As amazing as it would be for us to be able to forget about these people and let them build their civilization themselves, would they WANT to know what else is on their planet or do they have the right to know??

Many people on here (including myself) speculate that what we are seeing on our planet isnt the the real picture, whether it be UFO's everywhere, underwater civilisation, alien governments controlling us.

Im bloody certain that If there was ET controlling the world and they knew about us but let us to get on by ourselves that I would definately want to know!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Apparently, the sources in English do not have the whole text from the original source in Portuguese.

Either that or people stop reading after the first paragraphs...

The reason behind this "photo operation" is the fact that there is going to be a "land demarcation" to see what areas can be populated by outside people. They do it this way to make it illegal for people to settle anywhere they want and so avoid disturbing the Indians' way of life.

So, this is not going to benefit Brasil, (and if it does is not because of Brasil's actions) it's just the way they do things there to avoid affecting these very small tribes.

Oh, and the flight was not made by a helicopter, it was an aeroplane, a Cessna Skylane without door to make the photographer's job easier.

reply to post by The_Modulus

This tribe is not nomadic, the nomadic tribes do not have this type of house or settlement.

Also, in the original article, they say that these are different from the other two fixed tribes and the nomadic tribe that live relatively near.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
How come no one has mentioned the gorilla standing upright.... in one shot there are two of them... they stand out like a sore thumb??????

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
well it's just my imagination but who knows ... maybe the same thing happened to us about 7000-8000 thousand years ago ... maybe there were some advanced civilizations.
I remember reading some stories that the gods came on flying boat, sometimes they took someone with them ... in few days they brought him back and the person became as saint to other people... myabe our scientist will do the same .. they will take one of them to see how health and advanced they are and then they will send him back
still it's great to see people that are still untouched by modern world

[edit on 31-5-2008 by baburak]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
WOW! That is amazing. I just hope that the west will leave them in peace and not f up their way of life. That is just outstanding. I never thought that we would get pics like that in this modern world. God, can you imagine when they seen the chopper they most have thought, WOW! What is that? Unless, like many other tribes, they have been in contact with ET? LOL...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I cant believe what people here are saying, we shouldnt be anthropologists, but rather we should correct the errors of their ways. I say we barge in and introduce our civilization to them and offer help. imagine how many children their are dying of silly diseases and how many are tortured through rituals. I think whether we like it or not, they will get exposed to advanced societies, which in return will make them better people at least for their next generation.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Leave them alone.

This is the problem with America, they seem to think they are better than anybody else and start imposing their way of life on others.

Leave them alone.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

you are ignorant, if you think america's way of life is bad then u got no idea. if it weren't for american ideologies the world would have never heard of human rights or democracy. the way i see it is that the civilization that stands the test of time must've been doing something right.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

Well, they are Americans, so any problem related to them is a problem with Americans.

And if had read one of my previous posts you had seen that this was made for protecting the Indians. Now there is proof of their existence on that area so that area will be protected.

reply to post by DuneKnight

If you think that "American ideologies" are responsible for human rights and democracy than I think you should not call ignorant to other people in the same post.

I suggest you get some more information about those subjects.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Actually they made it clear that they want to be left alone, who is the ignorant one now? Yes, YOU.

This is NOT the first time they have taken pictures yet they still just had to go back and get more.

As for America being ideal, please, pull the other one. Europe has far more ideals than you can ever deam off and spare me the "eurotrash" lines and WW2 lies.

We have Human rights set in law, you don't. You still murder people by law.

You still occupy our country under the false pretence of defending us when in fact is is for your own personal gain.

But I am sure you will have them wearing Levis jeans, smoking your brand of cigarettes and drinking Coca Cola in no time.

Yes, you have a lot to be proud of. Ask yourself what you really value, I bet its money and assets. Don't bother saying it to me, say it to yourself every time you feel up against the wall. I bet its your wallet.

Gotta love arm chair pseudo patriots LOL.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by mOOmOO]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
I cant believe what people here are saying, we shouldnt be anthropologists, but rather we should correct the errors of their ways. I say we barge in and introduce our civilization to them and offer help. imagine how many children their are dying of silly diseases and how many are tortured through rituals. I think whether we like it or not, they will get exposed to advanced societies, which in return will make them better people at least for their next generation.

Well actually they probably do not have many "silly diseases", though barging in would surely introduce plenty! In ancient civilizations there was no modern medicine and no vaccinations yet plenty lived to be in their 70's and 80's.

As far as them torturing their children in rituals??? You mean like cutting off the foreskins of baby boys for example? Do you have any idea what their rituals are?

I find your comments to be astounding. You were born 300 years too late.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
To those that say this is a CGI hoax: WTF is wrong with you? There's an understandable level of skepticism, but seriously? How can anyone convince you of the existence of extraterrestrial entities or flying saucers when you won't even believe in daylight pictures of HUMANS... geez. I hope that was just a troll post or I've honestly lost my faith in humanity.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Leave em the hell alone. So what if they die to diseases that we could easily cure. If we introduce our technology and ideals to them, they'll be dieing of other illnesses just the same, like obescity and achoholism.

I envy them so much, man I wish I could live like that.

They've survived just as long as we have without the need for technology, they get thier medicines from the land, I bet any one of them is ALOT more healthy than the average American.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
How come no one has mentioned the gorilla standing upright.... in one shot there are two of them... they stand out like a sore thumb??????

which picture are you reffering to? I see one guy who looks to be painted black, as the others are painted red, he's wearing clothing around his privates.

other than that guy the other picture are too small, and I can't see the figures clearly enough to say one might be an ape.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Lots of questions. First, why are we such an environmentaly destructive culture? Second, is the guy on the left holding an RPG?!
And third, WHO COULD BE GOOD ENOUGH WITH PHOTOSHOP TO PHOTSHOP THAT??????

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Sorry to burst your bubble, but America was NOT the first to come up with democracy.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

which picture are you reffering to? I see one guy who looks to be painted black, as the others are painted red, he's wearing clothing around his privates.

other than that guy the other picture are too small, and I can't see the figures clearly enough to say one might be an ape.

check this link out for a explanation of what everything in the camp is

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I can't help but think we should leave them.

It might sound a it far-out but I can't help but think these people may just prove to be the seed of human life. If we all were to die through plague, war etc I believe these people will be the key for a human existence. I don't think it'd be unfair to suck them in to our dependant lifestyles.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Knights]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lezvigi

Originally posted by Odessy
a part of me says leave them alone...

... but another part of me thinks about how much I wish an advanced species would greet us and change our world forever.

This is the first thing that came to my mind aswell.

As amazing as it would be for us to be able to forget about these people and let them build their civilization themselves, would they WANT to know what else is on their planet or do they have the right to know??

They have the right to know, if they want to know. We should only contact them if they make it clear that they want to be contacted. We have programs in search of extraterrestrial life. That should be very clear to any advanced life that may be out there and observing us. Surely, by observing the tribes we can determine if they are searching for anything outside of their 'world'.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Sounds quite good doesnt it, you wont die of this illness or that disease, but you will be tracked in a watched society being made to work till you are 70, just to line the pockets of all the Toffs....

compared to

A peaceful life where being sacrificed to your god could be a great acheivement and having no stresses of our world.

hmmm

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join