It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chopper Catches Glimpse of Lost World

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Chopper Catches Glimpse of Lost World

www.news.com.au

AMAZON Indians from one of the world's last uncontacted tribes have been photographed from the air, with striking images showing them painted bright red and brandishing bows and arrows at a helicopter.

The photographs of the tribe near the border between Brazil and Peru are rare evidence that such groups exist.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This is amazing! One wonders if these people have had any contact with westerners, or if this may be the first time.

It certainly makes one ponder what else lies deep within the Amazonian jungle that we Westerners have no ken of.

Pure, untouched by the world of modern man... I wonder who will get the pleasure of giving them their first Coke?

National geographic found a stone age tribe
Let's feed them their first hot dogs on film
Won't that be a prize
To show to the jet set tonight

Aren't they cute, aren't they pure
Muse subscribers back home
Next weekend the junta exterminates them
Lyrics: Biafra

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29/5/2008 by Beelzebubba]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It's really amazing that there are still people on this planet who have yet to be corrupted bu our western ideoligies. I say just leave them alone man they are probably better without us.

I see you listen to the Dead Kennedys they are a great band.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is absolutely amazing! I had no idea there were still people out there waiting to be discovered.

I just hope this can be the only image of them we need, I don't see any need to introduce all our crap to them.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Thats some of the most amazing pictures I have seen in a long time.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by leearco]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Just as everyone else so far I think this is amazing. I wonder what they think of the helicopter, must be a strange sight, they might have seen planes before though as they fly pretty high.

I really do wonder whether we should bother them any further, but then I suppose they might wonder who we are as well.. its a touchy subject.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wow, that's amazing they are lucky, they have peace and don't have to deal with all the issues with the world.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Kobe Bryant]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder how long it will take for someone to put them in a reality show? On another note, was that a weapon of mass destruction he is pointing at the cameraman?

Seriously though, this is very cool. In many ways I envy them. Can you imagine being free from the crazy problems which our modern society is facing?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Truly an amazing picture!
I agree we should just back away and leave them in peace.

On the other hand, why hasn't someone cried photoshop yet?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Amazing pictures.

We probably should leave them alone. But it does spark an interest. Makes you want to know about how they live their lives, what kind of culture they have and such.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
This is absolutely amazing! I had no idea there were still people out there waiting to be discovered.

I just hope this can be the only image of them we need, I don't see any need to introduce all our crap to them.

Well, thing is: I don't think they're 'waiting to be discovered at all'
They look pretty pi$%ed off to me!! Yeah, I agree - leave them be. Hopefully, a thousand years from now, they will pick up the pieces of civilisation and do a better job of it than we ever did, huh?

J.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
Amazing pictures.

We probably should leave them alone. But it does spark an interest. Makes you want to know about how they live their lives, what kind of culture they have and such.

Hmmm...and pobably wipe them out with the common cold, or destroy their culture by trying to 'civilise' them...

Nah, you had it right with your first sentence...

J.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

That's actually a really nice thought. Imagining in a hundred, maybe even ten years, these people emerging from the jungle and finding our ruined civilisation.

Ah, one can dream ey?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Cool, black and red, my schools colors!
Our society could one day crumble and they would never know or care. \
There's an attractive simplicity to tribal life, that's for sure.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Here is a link to Survival International concerning their article on the subject, with a couple more photos.

‘We did the overflight to show their houses, to show they are there, to show they exist,’ said uncontacted tribes expert José Carlos dos Reis Meirelles Júnior. Meirelles works for FUNAI, the Brazilian government’s Indian affairs department. ‘This is very important because there are some who doubt their existence.’
Survival International

If only these people could be left to live unmolested, but this will pique the interests of anthropologists and that will set off the dilution of their culture.

God forbid, but I can envisage tours (à la whale watching) that will take you right by their village on a little motorised train.

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE NATIVES!

[edit on 29/5/2008 by Beelzebubba]

+4 more 
posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Just don't tell the Christians! They will gladly rush out their to spread their word and their diseases.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
it's too bad we've managed to "devirginize" another pure entity on earth.

can't there be just one thing left alone in its natural state? sensationalism, sensationalism, all based on ratings and back-patting for the people that were looking to make that buck and breaking story. so sad.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

Yeah, just leave them alone.
The thought of learning about something recently discovered never escapes me though. Seeing all the things that they don't have makes you realize how much we really do suck.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
At the rate we are chewing up the earth they may not have a habitat left to support them for very long. Just like the many species of animals that we are driving from their natural environment, the clock is probably ticking loudly on this tribe.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Does anyone else notice what looks to be a fair amount of litter laying about? Perhaps we’re not so different after all. I agree with the consensus though, leave ‘em alone.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join