It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chopper Catches Glimpse of Lost World

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba

Chopper Catches Glimpse of Lost World

www.news.com.au

Great image, it reminded me of the film the God's must be Crazy. When a tribe found a coke bottle and believed it was a sign from God.

I wonder if their God/s have warned them of these things and they perceive the helicopter as a UFO with aliens on board?

The potential here is profound.

Just feel this is so facinating!

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I am in direct telepathic communication with this tribe. They are looking for new females to increase their DNA information. Apparently they have reached a limit to their ability to adopt to their hostile environment.
So they are asking to either send fresh flesh. Or please give us one of your UFOs, so we can escape from this hostile environment. Thanks.
Over and out. Captain Ron!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I hope these images of them that I have seen are the last we see. I will pray that us "civilized" people will leave them alone and not encroach upon their little area of the world. I understand there will be some scientists and explorers and anthropologists who will just not be able to leave well enough alone. I know I would love to commnicate with these people and learn what they know. But my desires should be overcome, just like anyone elses who wants to meddle in these people's lives.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

This is amazing stuff. I can't imagine what's going through their minds as they watch this huge, loud, dragonfly buzz their encampment. If they can survive the "ultra christian" bible slapping missionaries with their fanatical minds for conversion, they might have a chance.

I can see religious 'Soul Snatchers' salivating to sit them down in front of a stack of bible's. Displaying simple gizmo's like: (butane lighters, sparkling trinkets, photo shoots and mirrors) and brainwashing them with sermons of interogation... forcing them to believe they are sinners because they don't know Jesus Christ.

It's like us flying to Mars and telling a Martian - "You my green friend... are a intergalactic savage, because you don't recognize your cross carrying savior on the third planet from the sun."

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

My first thoughts when seeing this single photograph were of the movie Apocolypto, the guy who claims the forrest as his father's, his, and his son's after him. My second thought was please leave these people alone.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Agree to your terms, but wanted to immediately post this item about how some of these tribes in the Amazon are fighting back against invading developers using 'modern gadgets'. They even appoint a 'guardian' to use these GPS and GIS gadgets to map out their territories. On National Geographic News
That does not resolve the question of tribes that have not had contact, but other articles on National Geographic describe how vulnerable these people would be to our diseases. Some of the companies who are exploring the area provide training for possible contact with them.
Interesting site. I'll be back.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Anytime mankind stumbles onto new territory, destruction is sure to follow.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Why are they so hostile??

They look like they want to kill the chopper.
F

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a part of me says leave them alone...

... but another part of me thinks about how much I wish an advanced species would greet us and change our world forever.

its a very delicate situation, and can be viewed from many sides.
one side says dont expose them to our corruption...
another side says we can let these people live past 30 yrs old with our advances in health and physics...

what to do, what to do...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I dunno, as far as our advances in health and physics, I bet any one of them could out run, out throw, out swim, out climb and generally, physically outdo, most of us.
Seems I've read somewhere it was europeans who brought disease to the native americans, who otherwise lived pretty healthy lives (unless there was a drought)

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Great image, it reminded me of the film the God's must be Crazy. When a tribe found a coke bottle and believed it was a sign from God.

LOL! I remember this film. It was awesome! I loved their language. Bushmen, wasn't it? And the fight over the coke bottle was just fun.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

Do you think that, one day, maybe 10,00 years from now, someoen will find a cave painting of a helicopter on a cave wall somewhere and wonder what the heck it was

But seriously. I find this absolutely amazing. Its intriguing to me what these people must think when they see the helicopter. Obvioulsy it scares the hell out of them....

Also very humbling. It proves that we dont know jack about every inch of our planet, or we would have found these people far earlier.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
You know after searching the region they are supposedly in on Google Earth I've found quite a few small villages like that in the pictures. But of course I can't tell you any more than where I found them... But here are a few spots I found:
11°56'13.35"S 72°44'34.40"W
11°56'37.56"S 72°42'6.49"W
11°49'55.31"S 72°41'5.07"W
11°49'46.12"S 72°43'13.76"W

But then again just a few miles away is this factory of some sort... That's 30 miles from the nearest city.
11°47'9.47"S 72°42'5.75"W

Much different culture.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Great pics, but hey...wait a minute...this is ATS, aren't 'we' supposed to investigate everything before believing them at face value? I'm not saying these are fake! but hey, maybe they are!
After all the reason for the photos to hit the MSM is for a perceived benefit to the tribes sponsor country (Brazil).

Whenever a benefit is potentially derived by a country, group or whatever organization, I always want to investigate further any such claims.

So let's have a got at it!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
Amazing pictures.

We probably should leave them alone. But it does spark an interest. Makes you want to know about how they live their lives, what kind of culture they have and such.

Hmmm...and pobably wipe them out with the common cold, or destroy their culture by trying to 'civilise' them...

Nah, you had it right with your first sentence...

J.

Yellow Fever, Malaria, and Typhoid are all very native and natural to the Amazon. Just because people are tribal doesn't mean they don't have to deal with diseases.
I don't know what would give you that idea. Considering bugs we get are just that, bugs, or organisms. If there's water, and atmosphere, diseases travel and infect.

And between Yellow Fever, Malaria and Typhoid, I'll take the common cold from evil white man any day of the week.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by InsiderInfo

Well you must not have read all the posts
If these are truly a lost tribe they may not have dealt with the more dangerous bugs like Small Pox which to all of us would not be that bad but remember history it wiped out around 80 to 90 % of the Indians when the Europeans first got here and although you for example dont feel sick you could be a carrier

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The Brazilian government is reported to have documentated the tribe and will leave them in peace.

No one will be making contact with the people

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Thanks Obamafan1...Nice to see a kindred spirit floating around now and then

In response to the Anon post berating the bringing of 'dumb' Western Ideals, and the 'discovery' of places like, oh, the New World. It's referred to as a discovery not because its the first time its been seen with human eyes, but because it was just discovered by Civilized society. Now I realize that people will argue that the AmerIndians were civilized, and they were to a point. That point does not extend to the complexity of culture and technological advancement that Europeans had reached. Indians reached a relatively low plateau of development, and decided they were fine right there, and stopped advancing. The Western World has been redefining itself over thousands of years, always continuing to change and attempting to improve (subjective).

and Yeah, its a good thing that these natives don't have to heal with stupid Western Ideals, like the rule of law, modern medicine, and a decent education! These folks are still rather barbaric in their way of life:

"In 2003 about 30 Taromenane were massacred by the Huaorani in retaliation for the killing of a Huaorani hunter."

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Hmm..genocide, disease, warfare...we're not so different after all! Except for the fact that I don't have to worry about being speared by my neighbors because I stole their newspaper.

For everyone who fawns over 'living off the land', primitive life bullspit, you're totally entitled to your opinions, and thank God there are people like you in this world to keep people such as myself in balance. But the fact remains: You live in the comfort and security that you do because of the Civilization you were LUCKY enough to be born into. You won the 'lucky sperm lottery' to quote Mr. Buffet. Look to Africa, South/Central America and South East Asia to see what could have been.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
What I find interesting is the distribution of their settlement. I am aware that most of these tribes are nomadic and move fairly often to new location within the jungle, but why have they assembled their community along a straight line? Most primitive villages are distributed concentrically from a central public space.

To me it seems as though they are living along a pathway of some kind. Also, there is not much going on in this little village; there are 5 buildings, I'm not sure if a community could survive with such sparse resources. I think this is one outpost along a 'road' linking a number of other villages. Judging from their 'hostility', or at least anxiety over the helicopter, it may be a defensive outpost.

Anyone know anything about tribal Amazonian urban planning? I'm struggling to find info.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Brazil will have to combat illegal logging and mining in the area if the tribes are going to maintain their present location in the amazon.

Word is; Brazil is planning to take action.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join