It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chopper Catches Glimpse of Lost World

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yes, leave them alone, was my first thought.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
They might consider the craft a ufo and the people in said craft Gods or Demons.

They are probably just like us when we look up and see strange things only dressed different.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
On one side-LEAVE THEM ALONE!You may have already done the damage by posting this pic.

On the other side-It could be a hoax.They look like the Urakai from LOTRO.In PvP The Urakai are the Black Arrows,orc archers which have red and black paint schemes full body and long hair like the pic.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Any chance we just discovered loompaland?

That would be awesome.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
...They will be introduced to war, famine, pollution, disease, greed. hatred, control, etc. ...

What in God's name makes you think that they aren't already intimately familiar with these types of things?

Some of you people think that the absence of technology instantly makes them peaceful, fluffy-bunny-hugging pacifists. That bow and arrow aimed at the chopper look pacifist to you?

You get 50/50 odds that the tribe are cannibals.

Oh, and one other thing... I quit believing in these "lost tribes" when a National Geographic special said the same thing about another "lost tribe". The only problem? One of the men who had "never been in contact with the modern world" had a WATCH ON HIS WRIST. I've never forgotten that.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
thats sooo cool..good find

i bet there are government peeps or who were those religous peeps that like to go around the world and try to convert people?

i bet they are on the way..lol

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Smokersroom

please don't edit what i actually said - it gives it a whole new meaning. i actually wrote this -

"perhaps 'we' shouldn't go and see them at all - rather, we could send an emissary from another tribe who we have had contact with (who would also have to be willing to risk their own life due to high risk of them being killed by this tribe) to go to them and explain what it was that they saw and that there is an outside world that now knows they exist but which is so far removed from how they live that they should be given the choice as to whether they wish to know about it or not. if not, they should be left in peace."

i also concluded that i think they should be left alone - however, i also live in the 'real' world and know this is hardly likely to happen now that their existence is known.

----------------------------------

edit to add that i actually remember watching the bbc program 'wogan' where sting brought one of the amazon indians along to talk about his tribe and the rainforest and helping to save it - i felt so embarrassed to be human that day as most of the audience laughed at him because of how he looked and talked.
----------------------------------

[edit on 30-5-2008 by justyc]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
i also concluded that i think they should be left alone - however, i also live in the 'real' world and know this is hardly likely to happen now that their existence is known.

Leaving them alone means no more fly overs and no emmisaries. Let them believe what they want about the helicopter and leave them alone! The story said there are some 100 tribes that are "untouched" so apparently some are not intentionally bothered by the outside world.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Imagine all the taxes they owe.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think the whole point of these helicopter flights by this group Survival International was to find these tribes so they can ensure that such activities such as logging get nowhere near these people...Good work

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Planet of the apes comes to mind.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Just don't tell the Christians! They will gladly rush out their to spread their word and their diseases.

And you are......what? An small minded largely over talkative Jew? Or maybe im going a bit to far and you may just be a small minded illiterate life atheist? Oh yea i forgot thats not a religion. Anyways this is a great find but it puzzles me to see just how disrespectful and ignorant people can get sometimes by spilling out their self hatred against other religions and such on a non religion based topic. Even more so when the so called "diseased" Christians were actually in fact Catholic. Just remember when you are disrespecting others and their beliefs you are in fact degrading your self.....in my book thats way worse then being a Christian. I am my own Christian..and i rather have some sort of hope then none at all. I guess thats what we truly rely on.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

Maybe there are members of the tribe whom are curious about us? They have heard rumors, but the elders of the Lost Tribe dismiss the stories as conspiricy theories!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the missionaries are probably on their way already well stocked to convert and "correct" them.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I know we are all getting excited about the possibility that it is perhaps a tribe that really has not had any contact with the world, but look closely. Just the simple fact that they have have bows makes you consider the fact that there was an external party that could have helped.

It could be a very orthodox group of people aware of the rest of the world, but rather live incognito.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It's been fun for to listen to everyone here, from considerably advanced cultures, talk about this discovery. "Leave them alone," is the most common theme.

Does this add another facet to anyones understanding of why aliens may not be too forward in their own introcuction to us?

The first time I looked at the pic of primitive humans looking up in fear and aggression and aiming their feeble weapons at me I immediately thought what it must be like looking down from a UFO.

Especially if the "aliens" are very advanced, human-ish aliens, looking down at a much more primitive form of themselves, as yet untouched by the advances that will be their destiny...what a great opportunity to study the evolution of civilization- as long as it's from a distance...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
In africa there are still tribes like this but they know of the outside world...In the photo by the OP- they look freightened and ready to attack. Imagine if you were raised like that and never saw technology or flying helicopters and one day you see something like that. That looks exactly like whats happening in that photo. I agree- they should be left alone. For all we know we may not even know any dialect of the language they speak. It's remarkable really but we should be taking 2 steps back from all this...they look hostile but not because of them but because of how unsure they are of the outside world.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

fascinating. i hope to god we don't go in and destroy their culture forever. there can't be many of these tribes left :[ love the biafra quote btw, he's pretty much my hero.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I read this article about this tribe
It say that the plane pass over their head 2 time
The first time, the Indians were not painted, but the second time they were.
So we can speculate that they have somekind of war-paint.
Link

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

Pleas to leave lost Amazon tribe alone

Is the actual headline from the article. Which I agree with...

All in all the likelyhood that this tribe has been undesturbed for all this time is unlikely. What is more probable is that this tribe has chosen their traditional way of life over the westernised version of life like we know it.

I bet when this photograph was taken the people there were tellin themselves. "Oh (beep) heres the white man, there goes the neighborhood"

"Four distinct isolated peoples exist in this region, whom we have accompanied for 20 years," Funai expert Jose Carlos Meirelles Junior said.

"We did the overflight to show their houses, to show they are there, to show they exist," he said.

Sorry but these people have been contacted by the outside. It's not as if they don't know of the outside world it's just that they choose to not live like the outside world prefering their own lifestyle to ours.

They have met people but just because they don't have an email account does not mean that they have not met anyone from the outside world.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join