It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chopper Catches Glimpse of Lost World

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Avriel wins the prize.

This and over fifty other tribes are well known and left alone, most are in South America but some, or a few, or at least one are based in Indonesia I think.

For a start they can die from “first contact”, even a common cold can kill them off. Secondly they are un-contacted because they live in the fecking middle of nowhere. There is nothing there that anybody could make money from other than trees. That is why the Brazilians are cracking down on loggers and highlighting these remote people, who need this forest.

Nobody is going to get permission to open a burger van on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

WhatuknoI, I read that these people had been photographed in the Seventies, but I stand to be corrected. But I ask you to define what contact that they have had? In my opinion if they don’t need to rub sticks because they have a Bic lighter then they are contaminated. If they shunned a Bic lighter for stick rubbing then they win the Darwin Award. I remember reading about a guy who met tribes in Africa. One sight of an Assault Rifle and they all wanted one unsurprisingly.

I contend that these people are Modern free with low cholesterol and a penchant for spearing monkeys with home made pointy flying sticks. And long may that continue.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Avriel wins the prize.

This and over fifty other tribes are well known and left alone, most are in South America but some, or a few, or at least one are based in Indonesia I think.

For a start they can die from “first contact”, even a common cold can kill them off. Secondly they are un-contacted because they live in the fecking middle of nowhere. There is nothing there that anybody could make money from other than trees. That is why the Brazilians are cracking down on loggers and highlighting these remote people, who need this forest.

Nobody is going to get permission to open a burger van on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

WhatuknoI, I read that these people had been photographed in the Seventies, but I stand to be corrected. But I ask you to define what contact that they have had? In my opinion if they don’t need to rub sticks because they have a Bic lighter then they are contaminated. If they shunned a Bic lighter for stick rubbing then they win the Darwin Award. I remember reading about a guy who met tribes in Africa. One sight of an Assault Rifle and they all wanted one unsurprisingly.

I contend that these people are Modern free with low cholesterol and a penchant for spearing monkeys with home made pointy flying sticks. And long may that continue.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
why are the red guys mentioned yet there's no mention of the gorilla lookin figure?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well, I guess I am in the camp that says we have a moral imperitive to ensure that they have basic medical care. The fact of the matter is that in the prehistoric world people died of tooth infections (that's how Lucy died I believe). We can say all we want, "ohh these people have a great life and want to be left alone," but (aside from the fact that aa picture can't say what these people want) the fact of the matter is that no one wants to see their children die of something that is easily preventable with a few pills of pennicillin. It is a far sadder commentary that most who have replied to this have decided to allow people to die from easily preventable dieses so they can keep their Rousseauian version of the noble savage.

How can you honestly justify sitting on the sidelines and watching when a fourteen year girl dies during childbirth. No one -- even if they are in small Amazonian villages -- want to die in child birth.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If you decide to fix their teeth can you ask them why i double post?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XBadger

How can you honestly justify sitting on the sidelines and watching when a fourteen year girl dies during childbirth. No one -- even if they are in small Amazonian villages -- want to die in child birth.

But the fact is that is happening all OVER THE KNOWN WORLD! If you want to rush out and save people with simple medical care then go for it, nothing is stopping you! The third world countries are teaming with kids that die every day due to simply preventable diseases, those cultures are already infected with every known disease.

These people probably would say they do NOT want to have their culture decimated if they understood what outside contact meant.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Why the feck do they need your help? Who made you the daddy?

I think they would prefer if you stayed away. Pointing the pointy flying sticks at the flying devil in the sky should have shown you that. Let the lucky buggers crack on and leave them to it.

Sonya is right.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
After seeing this picture yesterday I immediately got out my DVD of the movie
~The End Of The Spear~
and watched it again...............such a good movie I bought it BTW.

The movie gives allot to think about. They purport that getting involved with the people was a much better thing than leaving them alone to die not knowing a Christian God. The movie was made about the lives of missionaries in the Amazon. After much poking and prodding and interfering, you see the Natives wearing American like clothing, and speaking English and we are supposed to believe they are now much better off.
I do not really think they are better off. I think they were just taught so vehemently that they are not as good, and are missing out, do not know as much, or not know any better....so now they to believe this must be so.

In coming to believe they are not 'enough'....they come into the belief of lacking.
I think they were better off before the missionaries.
I believe the missionaries only serve their own ego in going out and trying to make everyone think the way they do. They are conquerers of a different and more insidious sort.
WHO ARE THEY to decide what other people SHOULD or SHOULD NOT be doing? WHY do they think they are somehow IN CHARGE?
Those are the questions that vex me, as no answer seems to encompass the whole picture.

If the Spirit of God is within us all....is it not also within them leading them to lead the lives they choose to live?

I am a TRUE believer in live and let live. I honestly believe that we each CHOOSE to be here to learn certain lessons of this lifetime, and those lessons are for us to experience WITHOUT the pounding interference from an outside group of people who are trying to push about their own personal agenda.
I shake my head in wonder at all the many MANY peoples of this planet that truly believe forcing their agenda upon others is just 'improving' their lives....

[edit on 31-5-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
lol you all are so miserably wrong and i think you guys being online conspiracy theorists has affected your perception. screw on that brain of yours back again and focus on the issues here. this cultural relativism thing gotta stop and what matters is basic human rights which insist that no man should suffer and leaving them to believe in falsehoods such as witchcraft is inhumane because they probably do punish others unfairly. how are these people gonna be able to choose the way of life they want to have if they don't even know what a plane is. make em like us because we are advanced for a reason. u drink that starbucks coffee right now not knowing how good u got it, u dont have to live under fear from being ostracized, or being a mutilated woman, or for giving up your daughters as gifts to some exalted tribal leader. take a good look at your lives and know that your government does its best at preserving ur happy lives.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

They are a very small group! All this talk about torture and sacrifice and all that, do you have any idea how close these people probably are to one another? They spend every day of their lives with their brothers and sisters, they are not likely to be sacrificed or tortured by those that "don't care about them".

You know NOTHING about their culture so how do you get off saying you think it should be changed?

Edit -- I realize you probably do not have a clue what I am saying here. First of all they are probably all closely related, and humans like all mammals and even plants tend to be generous to those with the same genes. Also there are no "others" to start saying "hey lets torture your kid to make the gods happy". They would see all the children as their own!

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is Amazing!!! Humans in the State of Nature. How cool is that?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I like to eat butter and potatoes in a crusty lovely pastry package that will kill me in the long run. I buy them from an organisation that profits from my long term demise. They are called Gregg’s bakery.

“no man should suffer”

So what the feck have you got against Gregg’s customers? Admit it, your racist against people who like butter pies.

Leave the poor buggers alone, they are lucky and don’t deserve our #e.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

the fact that they are not technologically advanced makes me believe that. you just want to feel superior thats why u dont want to change them. you wan t to keep yourself happy and let others suffer just because you think they are fashionably exotic. hey i got an idea lets spy on them from google earth and talk about how funny they behave while we're having dinner.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
For all of the anti-institutionalist propaganda in this thread (they have it better than we do, the west destroys cultures, Christian bashing, etc.), why is it I don't see more people heading off into the wilderness to live a "pure" life? You do believe in your propaganda don't you? Or are you just being anti-west and anti-institution because its trendy?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
That is a naïve position, they have lived for a very long time and they don’t need your life improvements. Let them be.

SR

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
lol you all are so miserably wrong and i think you guys being online conspiracy theorists has affected your perception. screw on that brain of yours back again and focus on the issues here. this cultural relativism thing gotta stop and what matters is basic human rights which insist that no man should suffer and leaving them to believe in falsehoods such as witchcraft is inhumane because they probably do punish others unfairly. how are these people gonna be able to choose the way of life they want to have if they don't even know what a plane is. make em like us because we are advanced for a reason. u drink that starbucks coffee right now not knowing how good u got it, u dont have to live under fear from being ostracized, or being a mutilated woman, or for giving up your daughters as gifts to some exalted tribal leader. take a good look at your lives and know that your government does its best at preserving ur happy lives.

You think our system is better....

Ha what a joke. You know zilch about these people yet here you are devaluing them saying they are a lesser people.

Disgraceful, People die every day what does human rights have to do with it??

These people are free they don't need rights but here you are trying to control them.

Next you'll be telling us Animals shouldn't kill other animals because of 'Rights' well i'm sorry but i think 3+ billion years of nature overrules your opinon.

Your ancestors didn't know what a plane was does that mean they were stupid or something??

Is that what your trying to say because someone doesn't know what an aeroplane is that they are again a lesser person than you?? The same people who were building Pyramids and inventing maths are suddenly stupid and uncivilsed because they don't know what a plane is.

They don't need to know what a plane is they don't need materlistic things they have a system leave them alone. What possible difference will it make anyway.

Why this bigotry towards others???

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
SR i agree,

This tribe wasn’t found this week. We know these tribes and yet apart from a few tenuous links the lucky buggers don’t know us.

I hope it stays that way for a very long time.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
Or are you just being anti-west and anti-institution because its trendy?

Anti-Western culture? What? This thread becomes more ridiculous with each subsequent post.

I love Western Culture. I consider the founders of our culture to be the best and brightest and I want to see it preserved in every possible way.

I do not want other people imposing THEIR culture on me, and I do not believe we should impose OUR culture on others. Gosh what a radical idea huh?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

hypocrite as always just being skeptical of everything yet cant think of an alternate. would u like to live in the jungle and get eaten by animals?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Parachute Take That in from 10,000 ft from an Hercules and then send us the skins back to Britain please. If you can’t find the skin, then don’t worry, at least the Mancunian gits provided a full belly for a poor community.

Western Culture should provide a meal at least.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join