It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chopper Catches Glimpse of Lost World

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ChilledVoodoo

It's funny that people see the fact that they have bows and arrows as a sign of contact with other people.

As far as I know, the Brazilian army does not use bows and arrows, and those were already out of fashion when the first European (or those that worked directly with Europeans) started systematic exploration of the Amazonian jungle.

When the Portuguese "found" Brasil the natives already had bows and arrows.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
I wish they could have stayed undiscovered.
Now they will have to constantly try and keep their old ways pure from the corrupt world that will try and "teach" them when really they could teach a LOT more to us than we could ever teach to them.
They are now doomed to corruption as the world will cast its ugly shadow among them.

Do you really think it's fair if we lord our superior civilization over theirs without giving them a chance to join it?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Just don't tell the Christians! They will gladly rush out their to spread their word and their diseases.

wow. I am sure glad that all the anthropoligists that film these remote tribes are purely disease free. It must be amazing to be absolutely disease free and totally have ZERO effect on someone while visiting and 'studying' them.

oh, and by the way, though it is apparently not recipricol, GOD loves you!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

we expect them to want to join our society we expect them to want all our medicines and technology. its been that way throughout history. Missionary work.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrailGator
oh, and by the way, though it is apparently not recipricol, GOD loves you!

I love God, no issues there. I just don't like most Christians.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'd love to find some tribe like this and swoop down and make them worship me as a god. Could you imagine how much fun it would be?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Who will be God when technology, industry, and civilization fail you, but their bows still shoot, their arrows still stick, and their reloads still grow on trees?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Sorry if this was already posted, but according to this link it was a publicity stunt by the photographer, José Carlos Meirelles, to try and save them and their environment from logging. The tribe has been known since 1910.

external link

[edit on 23-6-2008 by freelance_zenarchist]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

I read about this yesterday, but the news site stated that they had only been known about for twenty years. Even though Meirelles knew of their existence for some time it appears they have been untouched and to the wider world it really was a "first contact" situation. Apparently the area is so remote, aircraft are not known to fly overhead.

Thanks for the update.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
just wrote a big bit about the pic, but lost it.
it's fake
staged
to untidy and just fake looking to be a real habbitat for a remote tribe, ray mears would tell you, and wheres more pics. why do they not want us to look in this remote place.
ps. there is no place remote on this earth.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join