It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people against gay marriage?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorand
reply to post by pak88

anal sex is rape??
.. u've got to be kidding me..rape is sex by force.. man u really come up with some doozies.. consentual sex is consentual..

No I said sodemy.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CA_Orot

Alright then, you win. How about that
?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

What should we call it: butt buddies? clam jousters? what? What ever you call it, it still signifies that they are apart, and seperate.
What you're really saying is "let's pretend like we're letting them get married, but it will be something different", right?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pak88

reply to post by pak88

anal sex is rape??
.. u've got to be kidding me..rape is sex by force.. man u really come up with some doozies.. consentual sex is consentual..

No I said sodemy.

Hey, bright spark!
You can almost spell, so I guess you can probably read...
Try this wiki on sodomy:
sodomy
Once you know what you're talking about, we can probably get further through the debate...although I much doubt it.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I am guessing that it is mostly religous poeple that think that GOD does not support this kind of atrocities! I think that it is perfectly fine. I am a straight white male. It is a very controversal issue.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pak88

you stated that anal sex, which is sodomy is rape

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
My personal thought on gay marriage is, they should be allowed to marry as are heterosexuals. Why should us heterosexuals have the privilege of having the emotional pain of divorce and the fun financial loss that also comes with it?

I think they do not know what they are asking for

But in all seriousness, I have absolutely no problem with it at all and I can't really understand the people who do.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by scorand

He doesn't know that anal sex is sodomy.
He doesn't know what it is, but he knows it's evil, or something.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Can you gays answer my question about an undeniable fact? Why is it that in your twisted little world is there a Male-ish partner AND a feminine-type partner?
Is it because you have a need for the male-ish role and a feminine-type role. Huh...I wonder why that is.

Oh, that's right male and female were made to be together.

See how silly and wrong your gay relationships truly are?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion

Originally posted by pak88

reply to post by pak88

anal sex is rape??

No I said sodemy.

Hey, bright spark!
You can almost spell, so I guess you can probably read...
Try this wiki on sodomy:
sodomy
Once you know what you're talking about, we can probably get further through the debate...although I much doubt it.

Oh, I guess you showed me

[edit on 1-6-2008 by pak88]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I thought I put a end to this argument a long time ago...it's you people and your contradictions that kept it going. I said my problem was gay marriage, not gays, is that so hard to understand?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mytquin

u have been watching too many tv shows and really dont know anything about the gay community.. yes there are femmin men just like there are masculine women.. the partnerships are not always masculine/ femm.. and if there is any twisting of the idenity its because of the general views of a homophobic group trying its best to dehumanize and marginalize a minority group..

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pak88

and what would those contradictions be??? and who was making them

remember these have been posted and can be quoted

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I understand people don’t like gay marriage for reasons that are both religious and personal. Big deal? They don’t have to like it or participate in it if they don’t want to. But to say that their personnel feelings on the subject should outweigh the happiness of other people is pretty selfish. “It doesn’t directly affect me other than that I know it exists, therefore it is bad.” Man, how selfish and self-centered can people get? Where did that sense of entitlement come from that gays should be marginalized so as not to offend people?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I'm still flabbergastered at the backwards beliefs people are expressing here. All gay men have anal sex? Anal sex is an exclusively homosexual activity? Anal sex is rape? Gay male couples have 'fem' and 'butch' roles. WOW. I feel like I tripped into a time warp and went back in time 40 years.

And they're so bitter too about something that doesn't even effect them in any way. I think they protest too much, I bet each of the people in this thread spewing bile and nasty names like an spoit, ignored child has a son, daughter or relative who they discovered was gay and it scared them to death!

Don't touch them, it's contagious too!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonfire2159

i see it as step towards and equal rights movements, more stable one for every one. Its a stepping stone, one that will eliminate a bias. Forget its for ''gay'' rights, its for rights as people...that could lead to more rights especially in times with oppressing governments and all sorts of tragedies waiting to occur.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
My question still hasn't bee answered. And it IS an UNDENIABLE FACT that gays and lesbians have feminine AND butch rolls! WHY? WHY? WHY? It has nothing to do with a "time warp", c'mon is that the best you've got? It is a TRUTH you CANNOT escape isn't it?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Well in any case its a free country here in the USA and the people who have out of the norm relation ships (gays) can live together and have their privicy with out worrying about getting Hung by a crane like they do to gays in Iran.

I can live and accept gay unions without a problem. I was just brought up (like alot of others) in a different mind-set. like this www.youtube.com...
I was raised in Virginia on a chicken farm and its amazing with the relatives I had , I can even have an open mind ( and/or understand others points of view)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
OP: Why are people against gay marriage?

Me: Since they don't know anything about what the biblical texts refer to ehen talking about the subject. The bible says nothing about homophilia, but it says men shall not have sex with men in the temple/church. This could be said for modern day hetro marriages too. For the exchange of rings is a symbolic sexual act, so if you interpret Leviticus 20:13 correctly in todays context, the law actually demands that gays should marry in temples with the same symbolic union as hetros, promising truthfullness in an oath that cannot be broken without suffering judgement with need for redemption and salvation. Bla bla bla. Sorry that I brought religion into this thread, but it should serve to answer your question, for it's mostly religious people who denies up to as much as 10% of the world population the love of God.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have to jump in here and say that I can't believe that I'm still hearing the "gays can't raise children" arguement...it's just way beyond silly. And as for children mimicking their parents as an arguement against gay parents....think for a moment...if all children copied their one man one woman hetero parents, NONE of us would be gay. Sexuality does nothing to improve or diminish parenting ability.

My partner and I got married a couple of years ago, because we we're very much in love, and still are. We also decided that children were not to be part of our lives together, for several reasons that I won't share here, but for me, it's a long standing feeling that I've had since I was a child myself that I never wanted to be a parent, although I think I would be a good one. Marriage for us is about all the obvious stuff, but also about protecting and supporting each other, and all the other legal stuff it brings with it...which is really important, and taken for granted by too many of the straight world. Marriage isn't for everyone, but it's REALLY vital for us all to have the same choices.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join