It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are people against gay marriage?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I'm against gay marriage because I feel that it needs to be a descent battle to get equal rights. You think black people would be as cool or copied if they got their rights easy? Hells no so by going against gay marriage you are actually making it more hip and easier in the future for people to copy and be gay.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
In conclusion to end this futile argument. I'm not prejudice against homos, and I dam sure don't hate them(or anyone for that matter), for if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have fashion...LOL. I'm oppose to gay marriage, which is a whole other subject, marriage is sacred and should be only between male and female, and shouldn't be mocked. Now, why taint something so beautiful? As far as what they(homosexuals) do behind close doors---too each its own, it's their party....as long as they aint doing it in front of me, I'm straight...get it...?(probably not).

[edit on 31-5-2008 by pak88]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot

Originally posted by pak88
And for you retards that compare Blacks and/or women with the gays of today, you sound plain ignorant...since when was it not natural to be black or a women, and natural to be gay. And when was it natural to make love in pooper? That's just plain sick.

2.) Black, White, Yellow, Green, Pick a Color - All are Human. All are entitled to the same Human Rights. Are you suggesting that if I am homosexual, then I am NOT entitled to the same Human Rights? Because of what I do in MY bedroom? Gays, Lesbians, Blacks, Whites, all can Vote yes? All can drive cars? All can go to school? All can ride the bus? So...why must they be denied the right to "marry".

Race is physical, you liking someone of the same sex is mental. Child you are priceless. Being a homo is a state of mind, it dosen't make up your physical being, like race does. We might as well let pedos have the same rights as the rest of us, since they're humans too, right?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

I just feel that there is no violence exhibited in your videos. They're peacefully expressing themselves. I see violence as any physical at against another individual. You should be able to say whatever you want to each other, and debate. I think once words are abandoned, and force is used, we abandon our humanity. It's also been pointed out that individuals like the ones you mention make up a small group of the whole homosexual population. If individuals just allowed homosexuals as the ones you describe to express themselves, I very much doubt they will move onto other religions to mock. Even if they do, it is our right to be able to do so. Once again, as long as you are protesting intellectually and peacefully, I don't see the problem, no matter what stance an individual has.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Good, intelligent post. Personally I dont like that I do feel disgusted by seeing gay couples make out, but I do. Maybe with time it will become natural for everybody, but it will take at least me some time to not get affected by it.

I think growing up as a kid with two fathers will also make it difficult for them to understand females.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mollyrolly

Thanks for the post. I'm a pretty patient person I guess. I just like people to make up their own mind, so even if they don't agree with me, I don't mind as long as it's a civil discussion. Also, this is ATS. If we can't be honest about our opinions here, where else can we? Thanks again. Peace out.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Being gay is like cancer or hepatitis. So instead of telling them it is OK by marrying -- which is not loving by abadoning them to their diseases. Of all the travesties ~~ why don't we get them some counseling!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
cancer or hepitits.. theres old world dogma for ya.. and i do believe that marriage is also older than christianity in many forms... but isnt that just like christianity to take something and make it like they're the ones who started it..and its theirs alone..and to put their own spin on it a lot of people seem to forget that one of the reasons america got started was for religious persecution.. u have to believe as we do or else.. and this stuff about marriage is just for one man and one woman???? where does it say that..in original texts.. i am glad to see though that there r quite a few here who do reasearch the facts and do have compassion and understanding.. and for that vid from americans for truth.. does anyone consider that the vid was edited and spliced.. that it was two differant festivals pushed as the same one.. in true manner of haters and thumpers everywhere..sounds like an agenda to me..

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
truely there is no such thing as gay marriage it does not exist. marriage is a man and a woman together for all of there lives. Divorceed pople are never married again eiother that is just licensed adultery;

Gay Marriage is like saying a Curved straightedge

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

In conclusion to end this futile argument. I'm not prejudice against homos, and I dam sure don't hate them(or anyone for that matter), for if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have fashion...LOL. I'm oppose to gay marriage, which is a whole other subject, marriage is sacred and should be only between male and female, and shouldn't be mocked. Now, why taint something so beautiful? As far as what they(homosexuals) do behind close doors---too each its own, it's their party....as long as they aint doing it in front of me, I'm straight...get it...?(probably not).

"I'm not prejediced against those darn fags"
Guy, you're a hoot. It amazes me that on such a topic, you can present to people the patent holes and fallacies and deliberate prejudices in their arguments, yet they still go ahead and carry on with their ignorance anyway. I think the anti-gay marriage crowd are a lot worse than creationists in this respect, and that's saying something!!!
Look, marriage is something between two people. Any two people. It does not HAVE to be just between opposing sexes.
People get married for other things than just love. Some get married just because they're supposed to - they don't really love their partner, but peer pressure and doctrine force them into it (high divorce rate, anyone?). Some people get married for money. Some will get married for the trophy wife or husband. Some people get married because it is arranged for them by their parents or peers or religious community. Some people get married because they have been together a long time, but if they don't get married, should a partner die, then they have no claim upon the worldy possessions that should be left to them. Some people get married for tax reasons - it is a lot cheaper to live and have children when you are taxed as a couple, and you have to be married to get that tax bracket. Some people get married for immigration reasons.
A large portion of the world get married in a civil court. A non-religious marriage. Yes, there are people out there who are not religious! Where is the sanctity of your marriage there? As I said, marriage confers a different set of laws upon the holders. It is not fair, and it is discriminatory to allow one set of people advantageous tax and law regulations, just based upon the sex of their partners. It's tantamount to a violation of a citizens civil rights (please read your 14th amendment).
Millions of people have civil marriages. Marriage is not the domain of religion. Wedding ceremonies are religious, not marriage.
You seem to have a really simple version of the world in your head, but that is not how the real world is.
Your arguments really don't hold up to any scrutiny.
As I have stated numerous times already, the reason people are opposed to gay marriage is becasue they are prejudiced. That prejudice usually stems from their religious views, and somehow the reasoning is that it is OK to be prejudiced, when it's your religion telling you to.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by cruzion]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Race is physical, you liking someone of the same sex is mental. Child you are priceless. Being a homo is a state of mind, it dosen't make up your physical being, like race does. We might as well let pedos have the same rights as the rest of us, since they're humans too, right?

Is this the Middle Ages?

Being gay is mental? Being straight is mental. Sexuality isn't a "state of mind", if it was a state of mind, you must've chosen to be straight too.

I don't remember ever choosing my sexuality!

Comparing homosexuality to paedophilia is the oldest and corniest trick in the book! Homosexual and heterosexual sex between adults is CONSENTUAL, paedophilia is NOT.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash

Is this the Middle Ages?

Being gay is mental? Being straight is mental. Sexuality isn't a "state of mind", if it was a state of mind, you must've chosen to be straight too.

I don't remember ever choosing my sexuality!

Comparing homosexuality to paedophilia is the oldest and corniest trick in the book! Homosexual and heterosexual sex between adults is CONSENTUAL, paedophilia is NOT.

Middle ages...smh....last I checked any act of anal sex is consider sodemy in the civilized world, which equals rape. I didn't want to have to go there, but.......... And to be honest your comeback is corny, you want your mental theory about being gay to be right---but not pedos, crazies, rapist and thieves. I guess it's not mental with them, they got to choose... huh?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The first point I'd like to state then get past is that most people who are against gay marriage are homophobic. There are others who are against gay marriage for a more pragmatic reason, and these homophobes unfortunetly make us all look bad.

Here's a fact: marriage is not about love. Marriage is a social contract designed to creat stable family environments for CHILDREN. Marriage overall produces better children than nonmarriage and a more overall stable society.

Marriage for love is a modern fairy tale.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pak88

anal sex is rape??
.. u've got to be kidding me..rape is sex by force.. man u really come up with some doozies.. consentual sex is consentual..

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
there is reasonable proof that gay couples can an do raise stable and well balanced children... and while some people do use marriage for monetary reasons doesnt mean that all do..then again maybe thats just another hetro neo-nazi..oops neo-con idea.. some people will do anything to maintain an ideal to the point of delusion.. dont believe me.. lets look at the bush admin..theres also a point about hetro couples raising unstable kids.. again look to bush.. if people push an idea without using all the evidence..or commen sence, u get discrimination hatred and ignorance,,i think part of the fear out there is about people who r afraid to find out how full of # they are.. big part of the ego.. sorry if i offend but i cant stand hypocracy

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Reverend SamuelTophatJack

according to who??? there are many cases where it was common and acceptible..

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just to get this "rape" thing out of the way. The legal definition is here

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

It varies by state, but a direct quote is "Lack of consent is a necessary element in every rape". If there's consent, it's not rape, pure and simple.

For the cancer/disease argument. Cancer is "An abnormal growth of cells which tend to proliferate in an uncontrolled way and, in some cases, to metastasize (spread)". Disease is "Illness or sickness often characterized by typical patient problems (symptoms) and physical findings (signs)". Homosexuality doesn't spread. People are attracted to who they are attracted to. It's not infected in them, and it's not a choice. There is also no unifying characteristic to homosexuality, other than being attracted to the same sex. Sure, there are more flamboyant individuals, but there are also womanizing pigs which are a bad representation of heterosexuality. As with all things, there is a strata of human behavior within a condition.

There have been documented cases of homosexuality in every culture. It is part of the human condition, and as mentioned in previous posts nature as well. There is no religious argument, for all religions speak of forgiveness. The overall trend of every religious book promotes peace and civility, not hate and judgment. Please stop confusing abnormal/negative human behavior with homosexuality. Such behavior is universal, and not owned by one group.

The term marriage seems to be a problem, but once again, it is not owned by religion. The english term actually comes from the french "se marier". The term actually encompasses more of a blending and unifying. There is no connotation of sexes (check last link). I don't understand why this is relevant anyway. Arguing by the "definition" of a word is just semantic nitpicking. I prefer thinking about the connotation of a word, as the insinuation of using said word is what really matters, that being your affective reaction. Once again, think about why you hate something, only through self-analysis may we truly understand our biases. In the end, I still see no objective reason which should ban same-sex marriage. Merely personal preferences, which people would like to make law, even though no negative damage is actually being done either on a micro or macro level.

www.medterms.com...
www.medterms.com...
dictionary.sensagent.com...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Middle ages...smh....last I checked any act of anal sex is consider sodemy in the civilized world, which equals rape.

Why are you equating gay marriage with anal sex?

You do know that not all gay men have anal sex don't you, and that heterosexual people also have lots and lots of anal sex?

It's telling when people equate gay sex exclusively with anal sex, because it shows that these people only consider penetration as sex, which in turn shows that not only do they have little imagination, but also they're obsessed by what they think other people are getting upto that they're not.

Originally posted by spaznational
The first point I'd like to state then get past is that most people who are against gay marriage are homophobic. There are others who are against gay marriage for a more pragmatic reason, and these homophobes unfortunetly make us all look bad.

Here's a fact: marriage is not about love. Marriage is a social contract designed to creat stable family environments for CHILDREN. Marriage overall produces better children than nonmarriage and a more overall stable society.

Marriage for love is a modern fairy tale.

This is a fair point. It's only a relatively recent idea that marriage is a bond of love and not of social and financial ties.

But if people want to believe in this modern fairy tale, shouldn't everyone have that right - regardless of sexuality?

[edit on 31-5-2008 by VelvetSplash]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Middle ages...smh....last I checked any act of anal sex is consider sodemy in the civilized world, which equals rape. I didn't want to have to go there, but..........

1.) Why all the namecalling? Retards, Homo, Pedo's, crazies....?? And I am the child? Your general style (or lack of style) of debating is really rubbing me the wrong way. Again, perhaps you can use your vast vocabulary, or perhaps a thesaurus, and use more socially acceptable words. Please.

2.) "Being Homo is a state of mind?" Are you a Psychaiatrist? A Psychologist? Do you have a PhD in Neurology? Not so much? I didn't think so either -- based on your choice of vocabulary. Then perhaps you aren't exactly in a position of expertise to be speaking on such a topic. You're entitled to your opinion, however, your opinon is just an opinion. Its not a concrete Fact - Stop pretending it is. And if it is, a concrete Fact that Being homsexual is a sate of mind; Proof would be nice.

3.) I'll probably recieve a LOT of flack for this statement, but here it goes. All who are Human, are allowed the same Human Rights, and along with the rights, come the responsibility not to harm anyone else in the process of exercising your civil liberties...Even Pedophiles are entitled to the same Human Rights, as you, or I. And as was said before on the topic of Pedophelia & Homosexuality - Not all Homosexuals are Pedophiles. And Consensual sex, between two adults (including Anal Sex) is exactly that, CONSENSUAL sex. Not Rape.

Here is the definition of Rape from Wikipedia.

Rape, sometimes called sexual assault, is an assault by a person involving sexual intercourse with or sexual penetration of another person without their consent.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is the Definition of Rape from Merriam-Webster's Dictionary.

unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent

www.merriam-webster.com...

I don't see anything about "Anal Sex" being Rape, anywhere in there. Perhaps I am blind.

4.) Last you checked Anal sex is considered Sodemy? Sodemy...This sounds more like a Religious Concept, and less of a "Civilized" Concept. Perhaps a Bible Verse as Reference, might strengthen your argument, or perhaps you could provide a reference from a "Civilized Source" - since not all of us are Christians.

Thanks.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I am going to agree and say its not so much the act of two males being married, its the term "Marriage". I DO believe that there should be a new term, although same legal matters and everything, to accommodate male to male marriage. In my existence, I have been brought up as marriage being between a man and a woman. I am sure if there was a new term coined just for homosexual arrangements, that many people would be willing to compromise. In my opinion I do not think that it should be considered "marriage" by name for two homosexual males to wed.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join