It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its happening yet AGAIN!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I swear I just can't take much more of this. My mother in law is living with us again.. and when I can I will search the archives for my posts on what happened last time she was living with us but here goes.

Yet another chapter of the weird crap that seems prone to happening around me.

My cat just had kittens a couple days ago and I woke up to hearing one crying.. she had taken it out of the box and into my boys room. I went in and got the kitten then came back to put their blankets back on them and as I was walking over to one of the beds I heard the closet door jiggle behind me.. so I turned on the spot.. it was 2am or so.. and I said.. who is up? I thought one of the kids woke up and was playing in there. but no one answered and I turned back and all of them were asleep in their beds so I turned back to the closet turned on the light... the switch is on the outside of the door next to it.. and opened the door.
No one was there.

I was still not convinced it wasnt a child so I went into the girls room and checked to see if one of them was sneaking about but both were in bed... however they were awake too.. they had heard the kitten and the doorknob as well. Now seriously weirded out we all went back in the boys room to look at that doorknob and check the closet again. it was still empty.
so I shut the door and we were getting ready to leave when the doorknob started to jiggle again. we all turned and looked at each other and then the knob.. and the girls were starting to look scared.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This time my oldest daughter determined she was going to figure this out grabbed the door herself and yanked it open but still we could find no reason for it to be jiggling. she shut the door again and we all started wondering what the heck it could be.. when the other door knob for the room itself started to do the same thing.. and it was wide open. she said.. MOM... that door doesn't do that.. even when you grab it its a sticky knob hard to turn. I grabbed it and sure enough it was hard to turn. we sat there discussing what to do.. and decided to stay up to keep an ear open for any other activity we couldnt just stand there all night but we didnt want to leave them alone either and it was my sons birthday we didnt want to wake him up and scare the crud out of him on his birthday so we ended up going back into the girls adjacent room to talk while we waited to see if it was going to stop.
we heard things a couple more times each time we jumped up to check on them and all times they were ok.. and asleep.
the last thing we heard was a bump and the sound of glasses clinking together.
we went in and there were indeed two glasses left in their room on the dresser near that closet door but they were not close to one another at all. a good 6 inches apart.

at this point we were beyond freaked out.. and went back to resign ourselves to the fact that it was not safe to sleep at least til morning.

well for a good hour we talked without event so I decided we should try to get some sleep and I went back in my room and told them to come get me if anything happened. about ten minutes later they came in and my husband woke up and I told him to go back to sleep because when I went into bed initially I gave him a brief summary and he of course didnt believe me at all and was annoyed I woke him up getting back into bed because he had to work in the morning. so I went alone.. told the girls to wait to tell me what happened and on the way to their room they explained the most recent activity.. they had heard a voice coming from the very chair I had been sitting in in their room but they said they couldnt tell if it was a giggle or a crying sound it was one of those that was confusing it could be either. but it definately sounded like a child. I walked in boldly and stated I was not afraid on any spirit and neither should they be and sat right back down in that same chair. I told them that if it was trying to scare them it was likely trying to feed off the energy of their fear and to just ignore it..
Thankfully the sun was starting to rise slowly and dawn was approaching so we knew sleep could be ours before too long. while we sat waiting for full light my daughter the younger one kept seeing an orb pass between the tv and dresser in her room. Neither I nor my oldest daughter could see it. but she saw it plain as day and she said she couldnt see the end of it.
that sounded so strange but to her it made perfect sense.
we finally decided that we would start breakfast and that leads to now.. because this all took place just hours ago and now here I am awake and all of them are asleep.. trying to get what they can recoup of what was lost last night.

now let me go find my old threads so you can see what happened last time my mother in law lived with us and why this disturbed me so.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ok and here are the links to the 2 threads I submitted the first time this sort of thing happened with my mother in law living in our house.
first thread

second thread

Once again.. advice is welcome. I don't know if it was the cleansing I did last time that worked or just the fact that she moved out.. but I will try it again.

any advice or ideas are greatly welcome though.. this is just too much for me honestly.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by NephraTari]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Uhhh....maybe you should consider spaying your cat. Or perhaps show your children the circle of life, visit a city run animal shelter and have the staff explain what happens to the extra kittens, those that won't get homes because there are not enough homes to go around. I am sure they would find it fascinating; it will enlighten them to the circle of life and death.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Uhhh....maybe you should consider spaying your cat. Or perhaps show your children the circle of life, visit a city run animal shelter and have the staff explain what happens to the extra kittens, those that won't get homes because there are not enough homes to go around. I am sure they would find it fascinating; it will enlighten them to the circle of life and death.

I can tell you didn't really read the rest of the story at all.. that had nothing to do with what happened. READ the post before you comment and please post on topic. My new kittens have nothing to do with this post other than it was how I ended up in the room at 2 am to begin with, everything that happened afterward is what the post was about.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Sounds to me that something is being brought in by the bad vibes. I know how it feels when there's somebody you don't totally like move in with you. My sister, her son, his girlfriend and kid, and my sisters daughter moved in with us a few months ago. I'm surprised our ghost hasn't done anything to try and feed off the bad vibes.

It might also be just the bad vibes manifesting itself into activity. Which could explain why it does it when your mother in law moves in.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by sandman441]

[edit on 24-5-2008 by sandman441]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Hey NephraTari

It seems we are in a high energy wave. Think parallel universe - that each has its own energy vibration. In a high energy wave - we get close to or may even cross into another field.

I can usually tell because "things" start connecting in an odd way. Like I just recently connected with you - we have the same birthday - we both are Starseeds . . . and this latest one that just happened today.

I had to go someplace today that I knew I might have a wait time. I had a couple cardboard boxes that someone gave me for a garage sale. I reached in one and pulled out a book - - wanna know what that book was? It was "The Sphere" by Michael Crichton.

So Energy is the key. If you feel it is negative - - just remain very calm. Fear increases energy. Its attracted to the energy.

But know that in a high energy wave - is a good time to work on stuff related to The Quickening - to raise your own level of awareness and try to connect with others.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think the spay or neuter advise is a good idea. But I've had my whole reality shot to shreds in a heartbeat from a shadow 'critter'.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It's only when your mother in law is there? Man, must be some serious animosity. Luckily, my future wifes mother likes me...or so I think.

Um, so what I would suggest is grab some coffee, sugar for the girls, and a camera and have a girls night up. I don't know, make it fun, a little bonding time with your daughters. Anytime something weird happens, snap a few pictures and check to see if you can see anything.

Maybe your mother in law is actual just evil and she has the power to torment you with things like such? Nah, that's just rude to say.

The most important thing you have to remember, which from the way you tell this you've done a good job, is to not be scared. You can't let fear control you, leads to bad things. Take it from the teachings of the Jedi.

Curious if anything else will happen....

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
My mother in law is living with us again.. and when I can I will search the archives for my posts on what happened last time she was living with us but here goes.

You link the events with your Mother in law.
So I think you should follow that trace.
Was your mother in law sleeping in all this 3 events?
If so wake her up next time to see if it stops.
Also question her about her dreams.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Hey NephraTari

It seems we are in a high energy wave. Think parallel universe - that each has its own energy vibration. In a high energy wave - we get close to or may even cross into another field.

I can usually tell because "things" start connecting in an odd way. Like I just recently connected with you - we have the same birthday - we both are Starseeds . . . and this latest one that just happened today.

I had to go someplace today that I knew I might have a wait time. I had a couple cardboard boxes that someone gave me for a garage sale. I reached in one and pulled out a book - - wanna know what that book was? It was "The Sphere" by Michael Crichton.

So Energy is the key. If you feel it is negative - - just remain very calm. Fear increases energy. Its attracted to the energy.

But know that in a high energy wave - is a good time to work on stuff related to The Quickening - to raise your own level of awareness and try to connect with others.

I sensed this too. I always shift into high gear certain times of year over others. It is like i am partially shut down the rest of the time but at peak times of year my awareness goes into overdrive.

Can't believe you just randomly ended up with sphere and yet at the same time.. it doesn't surprise me at all.
I am not afraid of this activity but what pisses me off is that kids are not used to having these sort of things go on enough yet to be used to it and shrug it off.

so it is scaring them. THAT I don't like.

Originally posted by g210b

You link the events with your Mother in law.
So I think you should follow that trace.
Was your mother in law sleeping in all this 3 events?
If so wake her up next time to see if it stops.
Also question her about her dreams.

Yes she was asleep in all events.
I originally thought a spirit was following her around but if that was true why is it us that it is bothering?
Thing about the MIL is that I never know quite what to trust about what she tells me.. she worked for the gov most of her life
most all of it she claims she still cannot speak about.
She is either given to being very dramatic or was into some heavy crap.

either could be the case and she tends to lie even when its not necessary. It seems a behavioral trait she gained and just cannot get rid of.

So I don't know if I can trust much of anything I find out from her as sincere.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I think the spay or neuter advise is a good idea. But I've had my whole reality shot to shreds in a heartbeat from a shadow 'critter'.

lol your the second person to read the first paragraph and ignore the rest before posting.. I love my kittens the post is not a complaint about the kitties it is about the strange crap that followed my being woken up.. that just happened to be how I was woke up. lol

please read the entire post.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Yes she was asleep in all events.
I originally thought a spirit was following her around but if that was true why is it us that it is bothering?
So I don't know if I can trust much of anything I find out from her as sincere.

I more think that it could be her that causes this. Unconcious. Much like in sphere.

Well yes if she can't be trusted in what she tells then yes will be difficult.
I would ask her nevertheless what she dreamt.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by g210b]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't want to scare anyone or sound morbid - - but have you ever actually witnessed a physical body dying?

It sounds a bit like this: exhaling forcefully and rapidly in succession.

Is your MIL ill? Does she fear physical death? An orb is what we look like when the physical body is left behind.

Is she someone who puts up a brave front? Is she someone who doesn't want to bother other people with her problems?

It sounds like she is really scared of dying and reaching out to you in her spirit form - while her physical body sleeps.

Word: Please don't frighten the spirits! Stay calm - think love - don't be frightened.

Talk to the children. My granddaughter who is now 7 has always had "visitors". When she was 3 she would tell us Grampa keeps me awake at night. He sits on my bed and doesn't want to leave. (her grampa died just before she was born).

She talks about Rainbow angels who tell her things and protect her.

I have ALWAYS had experiences too. Sure wish my mom or anyone would have talked to me about paranormal stuff. Don't know why my mom didn't. It wasn't until I was adult she started telling me about all the paranormal stuff she experienced all her life.

Cleansing: I don't do ritual type stuff - but I do cleansings. I use sage and I always keep natural sea salt around the house.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
well she is the sort of person to put up a front yes but not with me.
She is no more ill than she ever has been. she is very old however I do not feel it is her directly. reason being is the child voice that the children heard.. it was creepy the way they described it and is I believe unrelated to her presence.
My youngest daughter has had some encounters that I have not documented here in one instance she saw a full form spirit that was a small boy who scared her. His manner was not friendly but malicious and frightening to her. These previous experiences though happened before my MIL lived with us and in a totally different home.

This part concerns me. I am looking for some sort of comonality to pull this all together but I just can't find it. I am sort of grasping at straws at this point.

I am concerned because so far all my daughters experiences have been negative. So she fears here ability to interact with spirits as a result.

as for the cleansing I need some quiet time to do it.. which is hard to get.

what I do is a standard meditation then imaging myself surrounded by a white light that expands out like a shield to protect the entire house and at the same time sending the message that the visitor is not welcome and should leave.

this did work before I am hoping to get the opportunity to try it again soon.

thankfully last night was widely uneventful other than them hearing a voice whispering to my oldest daughter which has also occured while we were making breakfast the morning I mentioned.

On my part no doorknob was heard last nigth when I checked on them however there was a knocking very light somewhere in the house but I could not tell where. I ignored it.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Both Annee, Echo3Foxtrot are in the ballpark....

i'd suggest that.... just like other kids go to Catechism or Bible Study,

you should present your kids with info on Dream-Time, Shamans' and non-ordinary reality (experiences and events) to be an accepted & normal part of their life experience.
I'm not saying, that you should try to explain weird phenomena as being generated by your mother-in-law, - or your tension with her....

bottom line -> we crate our own realities, which may well include the apparent jiggling of closet door handles.......................................

? your hubby (as protective as he is ) was not inclined to sensing a "Danger" or had to suddenly wake up spontaneously from his sleep???
that tells me there was only a 'perceived' danger and ya'll were feeding off imagined fear generated by a closed circle of paranoia driven
(albiet; concerned & loving one another) people.

thanks for listening

additionally...

I was always under the impression you were a black female,
but your new Avatar does not suggest that impression
either way.... nice to talk with you

[edit on 25-5-2008 by St Udio]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Perhaps it is the grandfather you mentioned? Did anyone in the family lose a child at a young age?

Also - I have heard an entity can attach itself to a living being. Sometimes this happens with people who've been in hospitals or work in mortuaries - places where souls leave their physical bodies.

I have never had a negative experience - - except with the living.

Just reaching for possibilities - - who knows with those rascally spirits.

Stay positive - and surrounded by white light.

We are in a high energy wave - so who knows.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
Both Annee, Echo3Foxtrot are in the ballpark....

i'd suggest that.... just like other kids go to Catechism or Bible Study,

you should present your kids with info on Dream-Time, Shamans' and non-ordinary reality (experiences and events) to be an accepted & normal part of their life experience.
I'm not saying, that you should try to explain weird phenomena as being generated by your mother-in-law, - or your tension with her....

bottom line -> we crate our own realities, which may well include the apparent jiggling of closet door handles.......................................

? your hubby (as protective as he is ) was not inclined to sensing a "Danger" or had to suddenly wake up spontaneously from his sleep???
that tells me there was only a 'perceived' danger and ya'll were feeding off imagined fear generated by a closed circle of paranoia driven
(albiet; concerned & loving one another) people.

thanks for listening

additionally...

I was always under the impression you were a black female,
but your new Avatar does not suggest that impression
either way.... nice to talk with you

[edit on 25-5-2008 by St Udio]
I have started just recently to teach the girls that these things are natural for us.. and how to develop our abilities to control them better.

As for the hubby.. while he is protective he is also in denial about my experiences. It is odd. I know he believes in these things.. he has his own abilities and yet he pretends that I am imagining things most of the time.
When I came back to bed that night to attempt sleep before the girls came back to get me he asked me where i had been.. and i explained and he just blew it off. and when the girls came in to get me he was not at all protective but acted bothered that we disturbed his sleep.

Oh and it was probably my name that gave you that mental picture but that is me in my av. I am half native american.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
UPDATE: It seems we have identified the spirit and it is following ME not her.

My mother in law came in quite shaken just a short time ago and told me that she just saw a child in her room and it was crying then vanished.
She said it had blond hair and blue eyes and seemed to be a girl but had boyish facial features I instantly thought of my grandfathers portrait (note I just got chills typing that), and wondered if she had mistaken a male child for a female given how they used to dress him up for his portrait.. he looked like girl.

She stated to me that she thought she had seen the child before at some time but coudnt remember where... then I turned and casually gestured to the portrait above my bed of my grandfather when he was a child. She jumped backwards and nearly fell over with a look of disbelief on her face. She said WHO is that? I told her it was my grandfather (there are those chills again) and she said that was the child she saw.

Looking back for some reason my grandfather has been showing up progressively younger since his death. a few years after he passed I was walking down the long road that we lived on and I saw a man in his middle age or so coming down the road towards me with his fishing pole and gear in his hands and I recognized him almost instantly I looked down thinking to myself can that really be him and when I looked back up he had vanished.

He was in his 70's when he passed away. That was about 20 years ago and he is still around? Now I guess.. I need to figure out why.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Ok and here are the links to the 2 threads I submitted the first time this sort of thing happened with my mother in law living in our house.
first thread

second thread

Once again.. advice is welcome. I don't know if it was the cleansing I did last time that worked or just the fact that she moved out.. but I will try it again.

any advice or ideas are greatly welcome though.. this is just too much for me honestly.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by NephraTari]

Wow!
Thats weird!
Everytime your mother-in-law is in your house, it happens those "paranormal experiences" ??!!!!!

Maybe she has some kind of energy that attract those experiences?
Or do you belive, it hasn't nothing to do with your mother-in-law???????

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join