It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you on that @%! website again?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Hi NephraTari and thanks for posting. That's interesting. So nice that you can share this with your daughters. My daughter usually walks by and just says "Are you on that ufo site again?". Which I guess is better than "Gawd, you're ruining my life!". Oh wait, I heard that this morning.

It sounds like your son just wants to be out there enjoying life, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure that in time he will have questions about 'his gifts' and you'll be there for him when he does.

My husband 'sarcastically' tolerates ATS as well especially when I remind him that I could very easily spend my time at the mall. He gets it. His family, however, kind of like yours....they don't know about all my time here, although I really don't care if they do. They are very closed minded. Most of them live in northern Indiana where all of the sightings and sonic booms were, but unfortunately I can't even call and ask them about it. With that said, his sister is really accepting of it and finds herself intruiged when I talk about ATS.

Best of luck NephraTari.

Rush

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm working on grandchildren - opening their minds to possibilities.

I have one - kind of straight Christian - daughter and one wild child who works in Hollywood.

The Christian daughter has had psychic experiences - but throws her hands up in the air if I talk about any of this in her presence

However - she wants me to share it with her 15 year old son. So I make up info packets and take him to lunch once a month. Now that I have a laptop - I'm going to take him to restaurants that have Hot Spots so we can read ATS at lunch. He is incredibly intelligent and wants to be a scientist. Unfortunately/fortunately - he's also adorable and a chick magnet LOL. Its gonna be tough keeping him focused on his studies. I've started him off with Michio Kaku's multiple universe theories.

I really feel for those who have to deal with closed minded and/or religious family members. My hubby's grandmother thinks Bush is the second coming - but fortunately she lives in another state - and I only see her on holidays.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
My hubby's grandmother thinks Bush is the second coming -

Hi Annee. Oh how funny, the second coming---Bush. He may be the second coming of something, just not sure what.

That's awesome that you are sharing this with your grandson and that you are opening those lines of communication. It sounds like your daughter just isn't comfortable talking about it, but I'm glad that she encourages you to talk with your grandson. I can't wait to see if my nephew gets a chance to browse ATS this week.

Rush

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Haha..... love this thread!!

ATS has kinda become 'my' website.... let me explain...
Im this site so much that my son (8yrs old) will casually say when im on the computer '' you on your website again mum?''........ and as for my mother, she doesnt come on ats but she likes me to tell her whats going on so ill say things like ''ooooo you never guess what i was reading on my site today''

Id be so lost without ats! you can never get bored on here, always something interesting to read!.....and on saturday nights, this is where you can find me!.... which maybe the reason ive been single for so many years lol.... but who needs a boyfriend when you got ats!.......

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicstorm
ATS has kinda become 'my' website.... let me explain...
Im this site so much that my son (8yrs old) will casually say when im on the computer '' you on your website again mum?''........

We have boys about the same age. If we had $1 for everytime someone asked us that we could be rich, huh? I let my son pick out the BTS smileys, but not the ATS smileys, he says that "they creep me out" and the "owner guys" need to color them in.

For now I am sharing the desktop with the kids and now that school is out ATS will, I'm sad to say, be seeing less of me until August. I'm supposed to be getting my laptop next week, well I was suppose to last week, I think the hubby is dragging his feet. I told him I would not let the laundry get behind and he says "yah because you'll be hiding in the laundry room on ATS in between loads". True.....it's the one room that my family NEVER goes in, duh, actually I don't even think that they know that that room is there at all! So instead of hearing "are you on that website again", I'll be hearing "are you 'doing laundry' again". It's quiet in there.

and as for my mother, she doesnt come on ats but she likes me to tell her whats going on so ill say things like ''ooooo you never guess what i was reading on my site today''

That's what she wants you to think...that she doesn't come on here. LOL
But that's great that she is at least interested in the topics here and that you don't have to hide the fact that you enjoy ATS so much.

Id be so lost without ats! you can never get bored on here, always something interesting to read!.....

So true. I don't even watch tv anymore. Not that I watched it alot, but now I maybe watch three shows a week now, if even that.

Thanks for posting cosmicstorm.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Double post, silly computer.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

haha i dont watch anything on t.v anymore either!.....

....when we all shared a computer in my house, the ats addiction was under control lol, then we all decided to get a laptop each and ive been on ats daily ever since.....im also guilty of being on here at 2-3am when i cant sleep..... even though coming on here prevents me from sleeping further!

I used to live in spain, and could only use the internet every other day at the local internet cafe.... i might be going back over for a year, and my first worry was ''need a computer'' .......nevermind somewhere to live haha! as long as ive got ats access!!!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicstorm
.....im also guilty of being on here at 2-3am when i cant sleep..... even though coming on here prevents me from sleeping further!

Same here, especially now that the kids are on summer break. I'll be on late after they go to bed, which is ok since I can sleep in a little and I LOVE the quiet time at night.

I used to live in spain, and could only use the internet every other day at the local internet cafe.... i might be going back over for a year, and my first worry was ''need a computer'' .......nevermind somewhere to live haha! as long as ive got ats access!!!

Exactly, we have our priorities!

Rush

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If i hear another "You Need A Life" then without a doubt you will find a thread on breaking alternative news titled: "Man kills person over ATS website."

I HAVE A LIFE!!!!!. I live it in between
-ATS when i wake up
-ATS after Breakfast
-ATS when i get to work
-ATS when im on lunch
-ATS during work
-ATS when i get home
-ATS after Dinner
-ATS Before bed.

And if im lucky, ATS in the middle of the night after waking up for a bathroom break.

All other times im out there living my life! I don't see what the big deal is!

If anything, I dont devote enough time for ATS!

But if anything, I can honestly say I do go out and live my life...because ATS IS my life!

I'm sure theres going to be therapy out there For ATS addicts.

P.s - what i stated in this thread is just a story and any suspicious murders found in my neighborhood with my fingerprints were not done by me. It was the poster above me!!!

[edit on 30/5/08 by LI(f)E.]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LI(f)E.

LMAO

"Hello, my name is LI(f)E, and I'm an ATS-aholic." (crowd claps)

Congratulations, you have made it to the first step. Only 99 more to go.

I admit it. It was me. I did it. You still need to pay me the other half for doing your dirty work.

(fugitive) Rush

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Shhhh! Hush Hush. Someone could be listening. These walls have ears!

You will get your payment once i transfer the money to a offshore account.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LI(f)E.

You have 48 hours and I'm holding your koala bear hostage until I get my payment.

(I mean business) Rush

Oh, and speaking of koala bears, our zoo (in Indiana) just welcomed two koalas for the summer.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Money has been transfered. It takes 24 hours to clear.

Have you gone and visited them yet?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LI(f)E.

I'll return the koala to you at that time. I'll call 15 minutes prior and tell you when and where to pick it up. Be sure that you are not being followed by MIB or CIA or FBI or ATS or DEA or ALIENS or NASA or JOHN LEAR!

And no, but we will be going soon. I can't wait, koalas are my favorite!

(koala loving) Rush

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

If that's your picture in your avatar you won't be single for too long. Thats for dang sure.

ATS for me is beyond an addiction at this point more of an obsession.

I have serious withdrawls when Im not here. shaking, mood swings, nausia, nervousness, paranoia...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

And we camp alot in the summer. NO computers.....oh, the insanity of it!

Rush

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
reply to post by LI(f)E.

Be sure that you are not being followed by MIB or CIA or FBI or ATS or DEA or ALIENS or NASA orJOHN LEAR!!

Hahaha Now i think i might know what your next mission will be!!

Its ok, Ill publicly post RIGHT HERE that we will meet at the RV hall of fame in Elkhart for some retro fun. but thats just abit of disinformation!! We will really be meeting in Munstter at the Carmel Monastery. But dont go telling anybody!

Make sure you bring a twinkie!! And dont forget the full seasons of Family guy and American Dad,... I herd theses are good documentaries to learn your culture!

And cool. You should love the Koala Bears! Just becareful if you hug them, they're more vicious then those Pesky Reptilians!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LI(f)E.

You're too funny! How did you know about those places?

I'd better bring the Carpenters cd as well.

Rush

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Google is my friend..

oooo my first carpenters experience! Cant hardly wait!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LI(f)E.

I HAVE A LIFE!!!!!. I live it in between
-ATS when i wake up
-ATS after Breakfast
-ATS when i get to work
-ATS when im on lunch
-ATS during work
-ATS when i get home
-ATS after Dinner
-ATS Before bed

HAHAHA that is exactly how it is!! i dont know whether its a good or bad thing that i relate so much to that statement!!!
.....i even catch myself trying to eat a meal whilst typing/reading on ats, not a pretty sight, could do with a third arm lol..

'whatukno'
.....believe me, ive been single forever and that aint gonna change when i spend my saturday nights on ats!....

I actually wonder what id do in my spare time if i didnt have ats? now thats worrying!.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join