It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you on that @%! website again?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Ah on ur first post u said something about ur husband. I gotta tell you that could lead to trouble leaving him like that for ATS. im telling u this as a guy. imagine if he played video games all day and ignoring you. but yes u are right ATS is cool and all, but i prioritize albeit I use it to escape the things in life that worry me.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LI(f)E.
Still staying away from more "Intense" threads...Leave those for the smart ones.

I'm with you on that one. My posts are nice to read but not real intelligent.

ATS does feel like "A dirty secret" sometimes. But its ok, im not alone, you ALL are my dity little secret whether you like it or not!

That's perfect!!!!! I love it!

Rush

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight

Ah on ur first post u said something about ur husband. I gotta tell you that could lead to trouble leaving him like that for ATS. im telling u this as a guy. imagine if he played video games all day and ignoring you.

Ah, but I don't ignore him. Uh, who were we talking about? Oh yeah, my husband. He gets all my attention when he's home, well, most of it. It also helps to be the queen of muti-tasking as I am and yes, prioritizing is a must. And I agree that it is an escape sometimes. Everyone has some way of escaping....tv, food, gardening, alcohol (I don't know what made me think of gardening, lol), so for some, maybe this is a way to do just that.

Rush

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well.... Im on here lots and lots.... and I dont think my family really has a problem with it. Some of my mates think its a little weird though, but what do they know lol.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk
Some of my mates think its a little weird though, but what do they know lol.

Hmmm....because you're on here alot....not as much as you do.

Rush

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
My wife knows this is one of my intellectual outlets..

I don't want it to sound like I'm be conceited, so please don't think so, but at work I can not find true fulfillment intellectually. Sure some cases are really fascinating, but after all these years, it's kind of the same.. Know what I mean?

While my fellow officers have little or no interest in the subject matter here at ATS, I find tremendous joy and satisfaction here.

Here at ATS, I can always find "like minded" individuals that have opinions and are not afraid to express them. By "like minded", I in no way mean they agree with me, OH NO, where is the fun in that. I refer to a way of thinking, a way of looking at the world around us, and the cosmos, that the rest of the world is confused and bewildered by.

Semper

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Well said, semper. Good for you that your wife is supportive and that you still find ATS challenging. I've always wondered what the average life of an ats-er's active membership is? Any guesses?

Rush

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hi Semper,

I like what you said "intellectual" time here. You're not conceited, you're right.
In a way, i feel i am above people who dont come here. I dont know how people can go thru life not knowing anything and not caring.

Dont they say to be forewarned is to be forearmed or something like that?

Anyway, i am with you in your sentiments.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You know, I don't know.... Good question though... I think there was a thread on it at one time or another, but it's been awhile..

reply to post by dgtempe

Thank you DG...

You ARE heads and shoulders above the norm... Trust me, your one in a million...

Semper

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I was merely trying to help. u dont want to end up being addicted to ATS, as it could lead to health problems too. such as insomnia and paranoia. I try to do my best at avoiding ATS, and i never recommend it to people who I like.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

I know you were. And you bring up a really good point. I'm sure that there are some members that have a really hard time knowing when to walk away and take a break from ATS. The problem begins when it interferes with their life, which I guess is true with any addiction.

Rush

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Hi DG. This is totally off topic, but I'm glad that you put that avatar back up.

Rush

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
OMG I loveeeee it I just read through this whole thread and have been chuckling and outright laughing through it!! Great thread Rush!

I still have a "report" I did with a bibliography and everything in 5th grade about "Did Aliens Help Build the Pyramids" lmfao that I wrote after my mom gave me "The Chariots of the Gods" thinking it was a book on religion

My Dad was giving me paperback "documentaries" on the Bermuda Triangle in 3rd grade as well....man remember when that was THE hot topic?? LOL.

I am lucky to have a sort of eclectic, eccentric family that thinks nothing of ATS, as far as it being weird or "out there" and actually likes to hear about what I read on here...I sent Dad the thread on the leaked FBI powerpoint expose that started from ATS and got picked up in the NY Times etc...I send him many many threads on here and he reads them with as much interest as I do. If he had more time I bet he'd pony up and make the foil hat and join this site as well LOL.

Now my friends are a different story, there is much eye rolling and chuckling if I bring up "that conspiracy site you spend HOURS on wasting your time" lmfao. And I just had an hour long conversation at lunch with a coworker who doesn't believe for one second that there are aliens visiting this planet...and thinks that it's totally impossible, physics-wise for them to ever do so, and yes, there was much chuckling on his part and eye rolling as I presented the counter argument!!

Thanks for posting all that was a hilarious read and I loved hearing all of you share your family and friends' experience!!!

Edit for a P.S. Rush...I told my mom about the article I was sending out on the Phoenix Hoaxer, Dad too..LOL...and she was like Oh Good LORD are you putting your name on it??? I said yep and she goes, well if you disappear, I will know why then lmfao....Dad was just like...ummm you sure that's wise??

[edit on 25-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
OMG I loveeeee it I just read through this whole thread and have been chuckling and outright laughing through it!! Great thread Rush!

Well, glad to have ya back to your old posting self there, LA. I wanted to see how long it would take you to find this thread.

...my mom gave me "The Chariots of the Gods" thinking it was a book on religion

Oh, I can't stop laughing at that one. What a blast from the past though, my dad kept that one on the coffee table.

It sounds like you have a really cool family. Your dad and my dad should work on isolating and identifying dark matter together. One could identify and one could isolate.

I've definitely piqued my family's interest with ATS. I reeled my sister in with all of this stuff going on in northern Indy. I'm giving her typing lessons this summer, her first post should by out by Fall of 2008.

Rush

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My wife has no problem with me spending time (or too much of it) at ATS/BTS. I'm usually here when she has here nose stuck in her laptop checking out her 600 plus MySpace Friends.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
I'm usually here when she has here nose stuck in her laptop checking out her 600 plus MySpace Friends.

That's hilarious, sanity. Well, at least you guys have a balance.

Until I get my new laptop next week I'm sharing the desktop with the kids. UG. They think that I should have to stick to the one hour a day computer time rule like they have to. As if!

Rush

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

It's such a strange world we live in now. Most of the time we spend "together" is when we are both on our own laptops in the living room.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Well then, I will start on making your sister her first foil hat, does she prefer glitter or faux rhinestones with certificates of authenticity?

I look forward to her first ATS/BTS postings

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313

Well then, I will start on making your sister her first foil hat, does she prefer glitter or faux rhinestones with certificates of authenticity?

Glitter with a matching boa, please.

I look forward to her first ATS/BTS postings

Well, if we start now and she types one sentence a week then she should have a complete post by the fall without the threat of a one liner.

Rush

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
My mom always says"Are you on that weird website again?"

LOL,good thread,star and flag,I usually don't come over to BTS,but I decided to,heck my BTS points are negative 1200 or something like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join