It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you on that @%! website again?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Hi jkrog08. Thanks for posting. You should get over to BTS more often. I've heard, but not yet confirmed, that if you spend too much time on ATS that you may forget how to laugh. Plus BTS has way better smileys.

Rush

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Yea BTS is great... I only really discovered it about a month ago. I reckon I spend more time on there then I do on ATS.... kinda sad actualy .

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Same here. I always seem to check BTS first when I log on, then end up spending so much time on it that I don't get around to ATS.

Rush

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

mmm. I always end up going on ats just to have a look at the breaking news etc.... But the big problem is that when Im not on my home computer you have to log into ats then you have to log in to bts - should be a universal log in.

I think its great.... my family are generaly pretty accepting of me using ATS/BTS heaps. Its kinda become like a new myspace for me. Except my mates dont use it at all. But to be honest though Im sure that a lot of people would be a little weired out when they first come here.... I mean.... theres all this talk of reptilions and UFOs and NWO or what ever it is now. Its not exactly something thats on the news every day.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Hey funky monk. My nephew was over today asking about ATS. He's a college student and seemed really interested, mostly because of the politics. And I told him just to be selective, not to get bogged down in the stuff that he has no interest in. But he's hoping to go into politics and likes to be informed, view things from all sides, including the not so popular sides.

Rush

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Thats pretty cool actualy.... I guess that people just have to find something in there that they are interested in. I think many people that I know just see the front page on ATS with big headlines about what ever and they dismiss the people on the web site as being crazy or what ever without actualy looking to see some of our discussions.... maybe if we had better thread titles.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk

I think many people that I know just see the front page on ATS with big headlines about what ever and they dismiss the people on the web site as being crazy or what ever without actualy looking to see some of our discussions.... maybe if we had better thread titles.

Yes, it definitely doesn't help for them to see titles such as 'such and such alien is killing our children' and 'President so and so is a reptilian', not referring to any particular thread, of course.

Ususally my husband will walk by just as one of those crazy threads is popping up on my screen, then comes the rolling of his eyes, a deep sigh, then he quietly leaves my office mumbling something about dinner?

Rush

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have solved my problem. Yea! Me!

My kids refer to me as "Awesomely Weird" anyway - - and that was before ATS.

My husband is into 70s/80's and other nostalgia - - I'm a futurist. I used to leave the living room when he watched TV - because I was so bored.

Today - I sit on the couch with my laptop (do you see me?
) and my Coor's Light . Hubby is watching what he wants on TV drinking his Tequila Sunrise :w: - - - - then we discuss each other's stuff.

Break dancing - meets ET

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Hi Annee and thanks for posting. I too am bored with tv and rarely watch it. Just the occasional ufo docu. I'm glad to let my husband have it, he's occupied while I'm online ats-ing and listening to my favorite music.

At my house it's: UFC -meets- Strange Objects Found On Mars

Rush

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thanks - - hsur2112

Its a Sunday ritual at my house. We fix hors d'œuvre - - have cocktails - - and watch TV/Movies all day (. . . and do other stuff - "wink" "wink").

Its so we can do our own stuff during the week and not feel guilty or responsible for the other person. If hubby thinks I'm gonna be home cooking dinner every night - he can just "saucer off".

Kind of "weekend dating". It was torture until I figured out I could sit here with my laptop doing my own thing - - and still hold hands with hubby.

My TV consists of LINK TV - LOGO (it has interesting movies) - UFOs/Conspiracy (when available) - Social/Cultural anthropology stuff - and Ugly Betty (please keep up the good/clever writing).

I've had experiences since birth - so no one is surprised by me hanging out or talking about stuff like at ATS. I'm fortunate that I don't have any Right Wing relatives invading my space.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My parents don't have a clue. Not surprising since they live a few hundred miles away from me. Some of my major friends know about ATS/BTS since I've mentioned it to them. So far it's been pretty neutral. I suspect that they haven't really checked out the site. They got their own sites to check out. I'm pretty sure tha tthey'd be rather supportive since I've declaired my studying of conspiracy theorys to be a hobby of mine. Funny thing though, I pretty much spend the cast majority of my time here in BTS land. I feel comfortable here.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

You know, sometimes I wish I had a really good friend that lived by me that I could hang out and ats with. My sister is kind of interested, but sometimes I don't know if it's just to pacify me or not. After about 5 minutes, she's done. Jeez, who can ats for only 5 minutes? She does enjoy hearing about the BTS funnies. She has a great sense of humor.

But I've also made some really great ats friends who can challenge me and keep me LMAO. You know who you are!!!

Rush

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

You know what I wish? That more ATSer's would use the chat room on here
Every time I stop in there are usually only 4 or 5 people in there and most have "idle" by their names!

I sent a friend of my brother's the ATS address a few weeks ago, because he expressed an interest in UFO's, NASA, and space exploration in general....and I never heard back from him....I am going to e-mail him tonight to see if:
A. He went to the site and is now scared to talk to me LOL or,
B. He signed up and got sucked in and hasn't had time to respond his gratitude lol.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I didn't know ATS/BTS had a chat room,thanx lateapexer for denying my ignorance....er.....boredom!There is no AP anymore is there?I never wen there once I think!

Yea BTS is alright,it's much more laid back,kinda a relief from the torrent of ATS,lol.I think ATS/BTS is the new "Myspace",thats what is to me anyways,I never got into 'Myspace'or'Facebook',as I see it better to spend my internet time talking about REAL issues or interesting topics and talking to people I relate with that have more to worry about than "who's going out with who?"Any of you o 'Myspace or'facebook'?

Plus I love the smileys here on BTS!!lol

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I didn't know ATS/BTS had a chat room,thanx lateapexer for denying my ignorance....er.....boredom!There is no AP anymore is there?I never wen there once I think!

Yea BTS is alright,it's much more laid back,kinda a relief from the torrent of ATS,lol.I think ATS/BTS is the new "Myspace",thats what is to me anyways,I never got into 'Myspace'or'Facebook',as I see it better to spend my internet time talking about REAL issues or interesting topics and talking to people I relate with that have more to worry about than "who's going out with who?"Any of you o 'Myspace or'facebook'?

Plus I love the smileys here on BTS!!lol

EDIT to add:Sorry about double post!

[edit on 5/26/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
reply to post by Deson

You know, sometimes I wish I had a really good friend that lived by me that I could hang out and ats with. My sister is kind of interested, but sometimes I don't know if it's just to pacify me or not. After about 5 minutes, she's done. Jeez, who can ats for only 5 minutes? She does enjoy hearing about the BTS funnies. She has a great sense of humor.

But I've also made some really great ats friends who can challenge me and keep me LMAO. You know who you are!!!

Rush

What?!! Only 5 minutes? Alas that isn't nearly enough time to barely scratch the surface. If given the opportunity I typically spend at least an hour or more. Not to worry, I still maintain my job and in fact my job has provided material for BTS posts. It should prove interesting once my post count goes high enough to enable me to get into chat. There I'll be able to harness the great brains of ATS to enable me to answer such cosmic questions such as "How in the world can a Porcupine make enough noise to simulate a Black bear? and What in the world is a bright pink porta-john with NASA emblems (with the words Mexican Space Station graffitied in the inside) doing in Ft. McCoy.... in Wisconsin? Ah such vital questions haunt me and I look forwards to the day when I can get the answers. (chuckle)

Edited for spelling

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Deson]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

LOL,Mexican space station-ROFLMA!!I like BTS already!!

An hour on ATS?HA,I've been on it since about 7 this morning!!

[edit on 5/26/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313

Every time I stop in there are usually only 4 or 5 people in there and most have "idle" by their names!

Hey LA, same here. Just u2u me when you're on and I'll login.

I sent a friend of my brother's the ATS address a few weeks ago, because he expressed an interest in UFO's, NASA, and space exploration in general....and I never heard back from him....I am going to e-mail him tonight to see if:
A. He went to the site and is now scared to talk to me LOL or,
B. He signed up and got sucked in and hasn't had time to respond his gratitude lol.

I gotta go with A. on that. He probably saw that one thread.

Rush

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
quote]Originally posted by LateApexer313

You should try hop on at other times. Theres usuasly a lot of activity on there esp 9ish Aus time. Actualy there is a pretty big group happening on there. You just need to stay on there for a while or something like that. As we are all probably not looking at chat or what ever.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
My husband... knows who he married and that my life has always been odd so he just laughs at most of what I say as if he is amused and ignores the rest of what I say.

My kids... my daughters are side seat readers. They are in tune with the same gifts I am and prone to the same experiences so they are sucking up all the info they can from ats to help them understand why we are the way we are.

My son.. like his father has his own gifts but does not want to know. He would rather be in the dark and pretend life is peachy and normal and I accept that he is not ready to know certain things.. some people just are not able to handle certain truths.

My family.. do not know about this place.. they are all judgmental religious obessessed and would most likely stalk me here on ats and turn everything I say around and use it as proof that I am secretly a devil worshipper and will burn in hell for all eternity even though my mother knows better and was the one that started testing me to begin with.

My mother in law.. Is a die hard government lap dog.. worked for various agencies all her life. I don't trust her as she is always trying to find out what I am doing. I have to hide ATS from her. I am just not even going into that whole barrel. omg. My daughters know that anything we learn here is never to be shared with her.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by NephraTari]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join