It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Imagery From Words Or Images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have been a long long time sceptic of "psychic" abilities because of the way I was raised by Christian parents and the churches way of viewing anything "of the Devil" but I have some questions about psychic abilities and am looking for a different perspective because some of the things I previously have experienced since I was a small child (I'm 34 now) were explained to Me by a friend who's a "psychic" as having been psychic abilities.

Are you supposed to get "mental imagery" from certain words or a picture? For now I will refrain from comment on the specific incidents in detail as I'm not ready to talk about this in a thread (maybe a U2U, for now) but a few months ago I was looking at a picture of a group of people and I only knew one person within it, being a relative, and images began jumping off the picture and they hit Me between the eyes like a sledgehammer that My loved one was in danger along with instantly knowing details about these people I had never been told even one detail of by that family member. I was in tears because this imagery was so powerful and vivid in detail as well as My thoughts on the events unfolding within the imagery.

I knew specifically that one person stood next to the family member on purpose, and that certain people "had it in" for that family member but they were unaware of it and from My own interpretation of the imagery that an assasination attempt was going to be imminent on that family member and one of the other people within the picture was going to die saving My family members life. I also saw how to make it stop but did not say a word to that family member because of their own scepticism on the subject.

The "event" never happened because as I was "seeing" it I was explaining it to another family member who is open to these types of things and they assisted in the interpretation as well. I can not and will not give more specific details, so please respect that if you respond to this thread. I have My reasons for a lack of more details as well as My own privacy reasons. I'm half in and half out on some of this because of the way I was taught to believe but also by the way I have come to understand other crucial events within My life having unfolded.

Also, since I get "mental imagery" from words as well pictures sometimes, I am curious if anyone else has this happen to them, and specifically if anyone gets a "mental image" or whatever you call it, of one specific word.

The word I am referring to is :

Greystone

I'm going to leave My own imagery and interpretations out of this word here for now as I'm curious of the replies I might get here or in U2U. I have rarely posted within this specific forum area but recently made a thread of some book suggestions.

Remote Viewing Secrets: A Handbook : Joseph McMoneagle

I'll talk more about this topic as I get replies and sort through My own feelings about this topic and others as they arise. Just for clarification, I am being as open to this as possible and I appreciate anyone's time and replies either public or private.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Okay, I was not expecting to hear crickets chirping on this one, since it was a heartfelt thread with some questions and a desire to learn. Was I wrong in thinking other ATS'ers might have some comment or even suggestions on this topic?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Leonidas,

What you experienced when looking/holding the photograph is called Psychometry. It is defined as:

A form of psychic reading in which one individual is said to obtain details about another through physical contact with their possessions.
from Wikipedia

People who are in tune with their natural psychic abilities are able, to one degree or another, pick up these energies and interpret them accordingly. It is my personal belief that we are all capable of this type of phenomenon. When Christians experience it (and I'm only referencing this because you said you were raised in a strict Christan home) they attribute the messages as coming from God. While this is not an unhealthy way of looking at psychic talent it does not encourage the mastery of it. Also, if you still find you have hangups, why would the Devil give you critical knowledge that could potentially save a family members life?

At any rate, like any other muscle, our psychic ability must be exercised. I prefer to use Tarot Cards when focusing my ability. We can discuss the use of Tarot further if you wish.

Given the intensity of the experience I would suggest that perhaps your ability is waking up. I find is happening to a lot of people lately and I can only attribute it to the times in which we are living. Most everyone knows/feels something is about to happen - that something is about to break open. It's our intuition that tells us this. Expanding and strengthening our intuition is how we become psychic.

My humble opinion.

[edit on 19/5/08 by WickedStar]

[edit on 19/5/08 by WickedStar]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The word psyhometry was what My friend the psychic called it. It was explained to Me that it happens when touching things other people have touched as well as like I did in touching the picture. My parents never explained in detail the "things of the Devil" like this but that these types of things, being psychics, paranormal powers, or magic in general were "evil" and I was not supposed to even go near them. I did not specifically go out of My way to defy that but to learn is something I love to do.

I remember reading "The Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings" and being told to take them back to the school library, because at that time of My life, this was not Christian, therefore not acceptable. I have grown up and so have My parents since then, so things change. I remember sitting with My parents a few years back and watching "Lord of the Rings" on DVD and it smacked Me as how ironic life is at times. The DVD's were My parents, not Mine, and I discussed with them their past beliefs on this as a book series and My mom didn't remember it in the least.

Anyway, thanks for replying to this post and I'll probably add more to it later and or respond to it when other people reply as well.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
WickedStar, I have a pack of Thoth Tarot Cards, Crowley I believe, and they are so hard to read, however I do have another pack which gives an explanations underneath,

Do you do online readings by any chance, curious to know if it works over distance.

Marty

PS, Wife and I are opening up, I had to control a Kundalini activation, do you know about Kundalini?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Leonidas, the next step is to learn to control and chanel your abilities through mental and spiritual exercise. I agree that tarot is an beyond par in this regard. If you are predisposed to think of tarot cards as props used by fairground fortune tellers prepare to rethink your prejudice!

As far as cards goes there are 100's of popular decks on the market. The best start is to go to a metaphysical bookstore with a variety on the shelf and choose the deck that you feel most attracted to.

As far as books goes, steer clear of shonky TV psychics and self-indulgent new age rambling. Rachael Pollack '78 Degrees of Wisdom' is a great start, I also like Paul Foster Case and Gareth Knight, but there are plenty of others, more or less obsure.

Some people swear by Crowley but I feel like everything he produced was steeped in negativity and black magic and it gives me the creeps (that's my opinion, as I said, he has his fans).

As background reading Carl Jung is heavy going but worthwhile, Annie Besant and Dion Fortune are great too.

Ultimately though, you need to use your intuition as a guide. Everyone has an inner voice that speaks to the spirit, they just need to listen.

Know Thyself

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
ElusiveGoddess,

It's funny that you mentioned "Know Thyself" as it's on My family crest in Latin as in the words "Nosce Te Ipsum." Here's an image of the family crest from the the family website.

Nosce Te Ipsum

Stansfield Ancestry Website

Yes this is My last name, and I am not broadcasting that to the rest of ATS. I read up on family crests and as I understand it, the field of green with three silver goats is symbolic of land and power, but through intelligence, not warfare. I always thought that just meant that the family had a lot of smart people within it, yada yada yada, but for Me having come to "Know Thyself" I am understanding it more and more lately.

After visiting My brother one time, I saw that he has the family crest on a plaque, but in the place of "intelligence" where the interpretation explains the "land and power through intelligence" it says "policy" on his plaque. After having read that, it hit Me about "intelligence" meaning more than smart, but "intelligence" as in "counter-intelligence", "intelligence" like CIA, and any other area you can insert the word. I mean this in the manner that I understand everything that's happening within the world right now in regards to terrorism and foreign policy, anywhere political.

As for tarot cards, I will have to consider it, but for right now, the image and or thought of the "sniper" emblem and or crosshairs helps Me focus. Knowing that it is a powerful emblem with regards to symbology.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here's a quote form one of My other posts in a thread I created elsewhere on ATS, that I thought might be something this forum arena might enjoy to read.

It's a quote from this thread here :
Becoming a Detective of Conspiracy Theories

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
To be demonstrative here on ATS for all of you of the "conspiracy theorist detective" and in essence walk you through how to do it to an extent, I need to demonstrate actual knowledgeable "detective skills" first through a thorough investigation of a sorts in detail oriented questions as well as protections of the "client's personal information" along with that same "client" having approached the "conspiracy theory detective" to begin with.

Before I go on I must first include a "disclaimer statement" so that no one makes a mistake and assumes or mistakes through lack of information, that I am not now, nor have I ever been an actual "detective" of any sorts. That being said, what I talk about here within this thread as well as the rest of ATS is because of My intuitive skills as well as ability to know that I need to ask questions, that lead to questions, that lead to questions, that eventually lead to the answer I want to achieve that I know is there through knowledge of experience and practice as well as an understanding that knowledge is in the end power, and it is what you do with that power that makes you the person you will either be respected or hated for in life.

The following is a series of "requests" for information, in an example of someone coming to Me through a U2U in order to gain more information which was inspired because of this thread. In order to protect the "client" I am editing the information I have provided for demonstrative purposes here only so that they can remain anonymous for future references. If they so choose to tell you via response here to this thread, that is their choice to do so, and I do eventually ask them for permission to do what I am doing here. By stating this person is a "client" I am not now nor am I ever collecting payment from this person, the title "client" is merely just a word to replace "ATS Member."

23-5-2008 at 20:26
I saw your post about becoming a PI, but does that depend on the state?

I'm interested because I have some names I am looking for.

Plus I wold like some danger to spice up my life.

Where do I sign up?

Sincerely,

*Anonymous Client*

Here's My response to that U2U :

*Edited and deleted statement that would have identified this individual*

Each state has independant laws, which the Federal Government is trying to strictly regulate.

Who are you looking for (not the names, relatives, friends, ex-g/f?) and why? With what intent and what action will that intent lead to? Sign up? For what?

There are online detective school's, which is where eventually the thread will be going to in depth. Are you only talking about looking for danger, or are you seriously seeking it? I'd make a good detective, huh?

SKL

Response to My queries :

23-5-2008 at 22:06

Hello again,

It actually found me, and maybe it is a bit more then I could handle or understand.

I'll tell the story for you.

*Anonymous Client's Age*, I went to *State Name*, *Company Name* in *City Name*.

There I met a man calling himself *Skip Trace Name*.

Told me I was a natural telepath and a half breed what he called a peak human.

Said he was born in *Country Name*, and had a wife in *Country Name* and *Country Name*.

Maybe a chaotic from what I learned.

Wanted me to be in the merc business and trained telepathic killer and a member of the Illuminati.
As his pawn.

He wanted to also started WW3 and US civil war in four years.
Rule the world, want immortally, etc, etc.
I don't know how, but from the guess of it.
Pretty well connected or very good lier.
But what I can tell you that I screwed up and alot of people didn't remeber what I told them the night before.

That was when I was *Anonymous Client's Age*.
Im *Anonymous Client's Age* now.

Also, my girlfriend at the time was a psi user too.

*Anonymous Client's Former Girlfriend's Name*.

She was gone as soon as I got back to *State Name*
All three (including myself) are from *State Name*.

Okay, after that, strange events happened.

Alot of people I met said I knew more then anyone else went came to this (occultic) subject.

People I didn't know.

One even said I was doing it instinctively.
That I was the key like Blade was for vamps.

That when I was in *City and State Name*.

His name was *Name*, and said he was relative of Jonh Booth who killed Lincoln.
Haven't seen him since.

Told me this guy was psi stealing from me, and I was an 'battery' for him

Now I'm in *City Name*, wondering where or what to do or what is going on.

I'm also going to let you know that I haven't given up on the idea that the world needs to change, and not for the better because of this.

And of course

Sincerely,

*Anonymous Client*

My response to that U2U :

23-5-2008 at 22:25

*Anonymous Client*,

Well, what you say is pretty intense. It's not impossible to track these people down, just that it will take a lot of digging. Your first step, doing it independantly from Me, would be to buy that "Complete Idiot's Guide to Private Investigating" book. It's got website links to public records, which is where I would start off first.

Before I go on to a lot more details, I would like your permission to post these U2U's in the Detective Thread. If you're not okay with it, I will respect that, please know I will respect that. If you're okay with it, I'll use it all as an illustration of the process of doing detective work, without a license.

SKL

The last U2U the Anonymous Client responded with :

23-5-2008 at 22:35
Do what you want,

But until I have a clearer picture and connections to back it up, I rather have people ask me by U2U then posting it openly.

Sincerely,

*Anonymous Client*

Now I posted it here, because as you can plainly see the "Anonymous Client" was not exactly thrilled about what I had requested in that I wanted to share the details of our private U2U communications, but I did anyway, while still respecting that person's privacy in that there is no identifying remarks, leaving this person to have their dignity as well as privacy from anyone who may ridicule and or criticize them for their beliefs, or who might pry where they do not wish someone else to since they trusted Me with private information.

By doing it this way I have in essence remained neutral to their identity as well as creating a shield of privacy as well as a barrier between you and them.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Yes, I get mental imagery, symbols and numbers when I am exploring my psychic awareness.

This usually comes about when in heavy meditation. I will get pictures of events, or even faces that I do not recognize flashing in my minds eye.

One of the better ones I had in recent times was the image of a meteor hitting the ground and causing destruction. About a week later a village in some country had 200 people die in relation to some sort of complications related to a meteor that landed near to their village. It was bizzare.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What do you do to make them happen more and or focus them?

I'm just curious, because I stare at a picture of a gun target, or imagine a sniper's scope view, which helps Me, but that's because I have studied war My entire life.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Okay, I was digging through old ATS threads and posts, and found this one, and thought I'd share it here. Has this ever happened to anyone and what's your take on it?

Here's the original link :

Okay, has this happened to anyone ever?

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
I've had what I call "Deja Vu" dreams almost My whole life now. I am 32, & when it started happening when I was 6 years old, it kinda freaked Me out.

What happens, is I have a dream, usually nothing special just seeing life happening, but it hasn't happened yet. Then, 3 days, 2 weeks, 4 months, or a year down the road, I walk into that same exact thing that I had already dreamed.

Example : When I was 12, I dreamed that Me & My step-father were driving down a long long road, but nothing was being said, & I heard the thrum of the road in the dream. Now, that was a pretty lame example, but it's the only one I remember now. Well, I think it was 3 months later, it happened, we were driving down a major road out to the middle of no where, driving down that same road, everything was exacltly the same as the dream.

I'm just waiting to dream something exciting, like Me storming into a burning building to save someone or something. lol

[edit on 12-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

I'm 34 now, almost 35, this old thread is around 2 years old.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I just started this project over on the Research Forum.

ATS : Project Fight For Caylee Anthony's Rights

This is to assist where I can towards finding Caylee Anthony.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

To make them happen more frequently ????

My understanding is this....

In some of my psychic warfare threads, the key part is training....

You have the self discipline to train yourself. The firedocs rv manual

a good place to start..

a down and dirty breakdown...
make your worldview map...
key words and definitions as you see them...
then go through and try and train yourself on the CRV process...

the advantage of the training is it will allow you to understand your brains processing on a whole new level...

the majority of the process after this or an alternative is to go through and replicate as much of the process that is involved in the experience to induce it. If you can plot it out on paper first...

Then re-anchor the experience if you can to make it easier to use... (yes hot key it)

I hope what I am saying makes sense

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

What you're saying makes sense to a point.

I've figured out how to keep this going.

As well I have figured out how to Remote View any time I want.

I have learned many interesting secrets the World Government would kill to keep in the dark forever.

Such a pity that all of it will be coming out regardless if I am alive or dead.

new topics

top topics

join