It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAIN CORE: The Last Roundup

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

MAIN CORE: The Last Roundup

cryptogon.com

The U.S. Government has, almost certainly, established a database and tracking system for something like eight million Americans who have been designated as threats to national security. The system is called MAIN CORE and it is being run under the auspices of highly classified Continuity of Government (COG) operations. MAIN CORE uses a variety of intelligence sources as inputs, including your email, web activity, telephone and private financial information. In the event of a major national security crisis, it is alleged that Americans listed in the MAIN CORE database, “Could be subject to everything from heightened surveillance and tracking to direct questioning and possibly even detention.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is another MUST-READ.

Two words to keep in the back of your mind: MAIN CORE

Want to know what "that list" is that Big Brother is keeping tabs of the "dissenters"? This is it!!

8 MILLION americans on this list as possible "national security threats"...Now can you guess who the people on this type of list will be? I can!!

According to a senior government official who served with high-level security clearances in five administrations, “There exists a database of Americans, who, often for the slightest and most trivial reason, are considered unfriendly, and who, in a time of panic, might be incarcerated. The database can identify and locate perceived ‘enemies of the state’ almost instantaneously.” [See: AT&T Invents Programming Language for Mass Surveillance]

He and other sources tell Radar that the database is sometimes referred to by the code name Main Core. One knowledgeable source claims that 8 million Americans are now listed in Main Core as potentially suspect. In the event of a national emergency, these people could be subject to everything from heightened surveillance and tracking to direct questioning and possibly even detention.

cryptogon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This list is actually in use. Even down to the book you check out at the library. To be honest, the Secret Service on the floor below me, just surf the internet all day looking for people just like this, but more focused on financial and fraud.

Source: My JobSite

[edit on 18-5-2008 by jhill76]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think most everyone knew it was there, this seems more like just a confirmation. With one in thirty+ people on the list, someone you know, if not yourself, stands a good chance of being on this list.

However, rounding up even a fraction of that number would be a major task. My guess is that only the most eye-catching of all those names would really be sought in a national emergency. The logistics of finding and detaining more than one out of ten names on this list would strain law enforcement when added to all the other burdens they would have at such a time.

Still, a good thread. It is food for thought.

A star and a flag.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
this list in conjunction with the ecchelon system is a scarey idea. man id love to get my hands on this database.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by krill

What would you do with it? Would you want to know if you were on the list, or corrupt the list?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I for one would want to know if I was on the list.

And... Maybe even post it around a bit, under some proxies, so others could do the same.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
well id like to see if i or anyone i know was on the list, after that id burn it to a crap load of disks, print out a few hard copies, post it on file sharing networks, mail the disks around to alternative media, put them in a few peoples hands so they could spread it around aswell. and after all that id probly wright a ats premium article about before i disapear into a goverment cell some where to be tortured and probly killed. but boy would it be worth it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I have been saying there needs to be an uprise againce this Rough Government.
If (WE THE PEOPLE) do nothing, Soon our Government will be killing us!
Because we let them.
Our Government will make sure no Malitia will be form to take over.
That is why they our Spying on us. Our Government is becoming the Terrorist.

KTK

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
If your parents went to anti war rallies in the 70s, went to alternative subject bookshops or were members of any "lefty" groups then you have been on the list since birth.

ATS is just a 21st century red bookshop. I often wonder about those who deny this.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
That is not exactly "credible" as far as news sources.

In fact, I don't see how this is "breaking news" at all?

But anyways. I just have one question.

If the Government collapses, or a event happens that causes the political system to collapse...

Do you REALLY think the governments first and foremost concern is the net-surfing habits of her people? lol .. I don't know, maybe just to me it sounds absurd. I could think of a million other things that would come first.

But, if you ever stumble across a real story (that is breaking and belongs in the breaking section) that has credible information on this program .. then I will only wonder at the stupidity of those in charge.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
actually the people on the list would make good candidates for some type of work under the auspices of the prior post.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Do you REALLY think the governments first and foremost concern is the net-surfing habits of her people? lol .. I don't know, maybe just to me it sounds absurd. I could think of a million other things that would come first.

Yes i do think the goverment wants to know what you, me and all other are looking on the internet, what you lend on your library, heck everything that has to do with a "creditcard" and government institutions will be putted into a database and will be used against you when the time comes and you try to stand up against the new order.

You are a mason so you should know it, those who control the knowledge controls the world

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
In volatile times like these where one wrong step could lead to severe consequences, I can somewhat understand the existence of such a system.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
We should all be getting ready with silenced weapons and a redoubt that cannot be attacked frontally. We on ATS are prime candidates for this list: I KNOW I am on it, as I write letters to the editor and send emails to police chiefs raising hell when cop's violate the law...and I spare no words either. I wear T shirts all the time that lambast Bush and his gang and stand up for our rights...so no doubt they nwill come to ' question ' me...and when they do I will be ready and waiting.Will you?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Actually, Cryptogon is a very credible site, one of the best. But no, although this is a hugely important story, it is not "breaking news". Many members just like the points "breaking news" racks up.

Nevertheless, Star and Flag.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Here are some tried and true tactics for trying to address this kind of facist, government B.S.:

"Rules For Radicals"

Oops...If I wasn't on the list before, I am now. Bite me George!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I am curious to know what the criteria is for judging these Americans as potential trouble?

I am also curious to know if that criteria changes as government ideologies change?

8 million people is a lot to round up during a full-fledged crisis. Something doesn't make sense. I wonder if these people would be rounded up pre-crisis?

Interesting topic.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
For some weird reason i thought that system was called es&ch1eon and had data storage units that looked like small glass cubes i must have been wrong.........

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
this article is about a "non gov friendly" database. echelon is a communications monitoring and recording system that reads text nessages, internet posts, emails, instant messages, awell as fone calls radio, cb, and shortwave broadcasts and records and stores them for future use.

home.hiwaay.net...

that link is a good overview of echelon.

[edit on 5/19/2008 by krill]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join