It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAIN CORE: The Last Roundup

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
@Krill

Thanks , good read i had'nt caught the non gov part . Makes sense now. Hope more folks realize the extent of the man in the middle play they take on here.
Joe

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Do you REALLY think the governments first and foremost concern is the net-surfing habits of her people?

Yup. In a world where information can be transmitted in the blink of an eye, finding a way to vette patterns in the online habits has not only benefits for commercial sources..(you didn't think it was all government did you..
) as well as for intelligence services. In fact...you could even pargue that it would be easier from the perspective of prevention for the government to do what they can to 'map' the peculiar and new sociological spectrum that is internet communication and interaction.

Joint Protection Enterprise Network

Check the above link out...in a nutshell...it is an intelligence wikipedia to use for those with access should they encounter a suspicious circumstance. These first hand accounts, that in many cases are backed up by the observers words only get logged and are used for potential future cross refereces. Further, these reported incidents are not necessarily inclusive of any actual proof...but can still be actionable in some cases.

Not enough for you?

Using an Oracle server and database engine, Java-based code and Microsoft Internet Explorer as the browser, JPEN enables authorized personnel at installations to input information such as names, Social Security numbers, license plate numbers and driver’s license numbers into specific fields.

*Snip*

Once data is entered, the system provides near-real-time sharing of data across installations with any other individual who has access to the system.

www.gcn.com...

Perhaps...not enough?

What about the commercial advatages?

Demographic Prediction - Predict a user's age, gender, and other demographic information, based on his or her online behavior.
Keyword Forecast - Forecast the impression count and demographic predictions using your selected list of keywords.
Local Ads on PC - Automatically detect a user's current location by their IP address, and then deliver relevant local ads based on their location.
Explore MSN - Analyze publisher website content and its audience to provide advertisers insights for ad placement and targeting.
Forecasting Search Volume Seasonality - Forecast the seasonality patterns of search queries.

adlab.msn.com...

The above page is actually set up to advertise capabilities and draw corporate customers associated with the industry. And I am sure that they are capable of more...

Originally posted by Rockpuck
But, if you ever stumble across a real story (that is breaking and belongs in the breaking section) that has credible information on this program .. then I will only wonder at the stupidity of those in charge.

If MAINCORE is real...then I may venture to say that this is breaking news. But the overall theme of this story is old hat and should be taken seriously...and there is plenty of credible information to look at (see above). The catch is that you likely won't find it on a conspiracy website (save for ATS...
); you have to go looking through industry journals...and other round about methods....

Hope that helps, Rockpuck...

[edit on 19-5-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Anyone who soeaks up these days is at risk of being classified as a threat. I had this discussion with friends and key supporters before I came to ATS. I understand and I accept that I may be on such a list.

The best defense against this is...continued transmission of thoughts and ideas. Speak, while you still can. Reach as many people as you can, while you are still able.

There is an old saying. You can silence a person, but you can't silence an idea. We should remember this, and try to pass it on to others.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well I would say we are all on their list! If you are a member of this site and have posted here then you are probably on the list.It is more than likely the same list the airlines use to screen passengers.I know my name is on the TSA list just because a guy in Georgia with the same name is a felon.I asked why that made a difference; different age,race,and ss#. Their reply was ..."we only use the name nothing else". it is only after they stop you and run your name through the FBI data base that the real info comes out.Then you are on your merry way.I could care less if I am on their goofy list.I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of.....well accept for that time in Mexico...oh never mind...hehe

[edit on 05/16/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I know a lot of people who are on the TSA list: mostly people with Arabic or Persian names. Having the same name as a felon does not automatically put you on this, though. My dad was convicted for growing pot back in the day but he only gets stopped his standard 5% of the time
. Lots of flights means lots of chances for random searches and delays.

So maybe the Georgia guy did something specifically unacceptable.

I also don't think everyone on this site is on the list: maybe people that really bash the gov't and blame them for 9/11, etc. There are a few UFO-watchers out there that are as much a threat as my cocker spaniel, and far less than Dick "Shooter" Cheney. (Just kidding, secret service guy, a light-hearted joke!)

KTK

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I just saw the video from this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Australian guy was denied entry to the US because of EMAILS

Trying to varify this guys story, sounds bout right. Ive heard of people just wanting to go to Disney land and come back getting roughed up. Either way the US tourism industry is dead cause of all the horror travel stories. No one I know will ever go back for holidays, you dont want that crap while on holidays and an expensive one at that from this end.

Lucky for me I dont like planes or people in general.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well it's obvious that the government have this type of database. Another point is that most ATS users are on that list. And they probably have another database with the same aims, but on the international scale kept by the UN. After all, they want a world government so they need to know the potential leaders names to get them before they do anything against them.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Here is probably how they get you on the list :

The LAPD's Characteristics of Terrorist's conducting Surveillance List :

Multiple sightings of the same suspicious person, vehicle, or activity, separated by time, distance, or direction

Individuals who stay at bus or train stops for extended periods while buses and trains come and go

Individuals who carry on long conversations on pay or cellular telephones

Individuals who order food at a restaurant and leave before the food arrives or who order without eating

Joggers who stand and stretch for an inordinate amount of time

Individuals sitting in a parked car for an extended period of time

Individuals who don't fit into the surrounding environment because they are wearing improper attire for the location or season

Individuals drawing pictures or taking notes in an area not normally of interest to a tourist or showing unusual interest in or photographing
security cameras, guard locations, or watching security reaction drills and procedures

Individuals who exhibit suspicious behavior, such as staring or quickly looking away from individuals or vehicles as they enter or leave facilities or parking areas

www.lapdonline.org...

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

im sure your atleast partialy correct but if you look in to the diffrent federal documents discribing a terrorist. its not evem just "suspicous" people any more. misdemeanors, being religouse (including christian), being part of a subculture, being male, being ethnic, having radicle documents (the constitution, bill of rights, etc.), usuing the internet for large chunks of time, having text books espicialy science text books, protesting, checking out books from the library that arent dumbed down drivel are all just a small amount of the variouse reason they can peg someone as a terrorist or unfriendly.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink
I have been saying there needs to be an uprise againce this Rough Government.
If (WE THE PEOPLE) do nothing, Soon our Government will be killing us!

The Federalist No. 28

If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair. The usurpers, clothed with the forms of legal authority, can too often crush the opposition in embryo. The smaller the extent of the territory, the more difficult will it be for the people to form a regular or systematic plan of opposition, and the more easy will it be to defeat their early efforts. Intelligence can be more speedily obtained of their preparations and movements, and the military force in the possession of the usurpers can be more rapidly directed against the part where the opposition has begun. In this situation there must be a peculiar coincidence of circumstances to insure success to the popular resistance.

And I was guided there by the radio host I have a running thread going on. All 'racial' stuff aside, except one slight comment about illegal immigrants, you can start at this post, where Hal starts his most recent rant against our Gov't which leads to the following post there...

This Wednesday evening, on my radio show, I intend to violate 18 USC § 2385
After all, if millions of illegal aliens can ignore/break our federal laws, it seems only fair that I get to do it too. If they don't have to obey, why should I obey? Why should ANY OF US obey?
§ 2385. Advocating overthrow of Government

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think it is clear that many here are on some sort of list. The trick is to be aware enough that when they do start the round-up you are far enough down to have some warning. It is always a good idea to pay in cash for any supplies [of any sort] that you are stockpiling. This may include food, shelter, transportation, weapons, commodities, etc.

Make a good list of potential candidates that you might travel to. There still is an active underground for those wishing to escape govt. incursion. The black market is alive and well, use it.

Leave immediately when the time comes. Always be prepared to go no matter the time or circumstances. Never go to anyplace that might be considered familiar or habitual.

Most here will have plenty of time to go. Will they have the skills and mindset to do it? It may happen, but cannot all happen at one time. There will be round-ups of other less mainstream individuals first.

They cannot catch all the roaches with one flashlight.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

Very good advice!

I will know if something is up around where I am. I am VERY aware of my surroundings, and VERY paranoid, so I will know if someone is watching me/following me.

Thanks for the advice, pawn!
Best of luck, hopefully this will never happen...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Found a pretty big write-up about this at Think progress today. Looks like it's starting to garner some attention...

Govt. May Have Massive Surveillance Program For Use In ‘National Emergency,’ 8 Million ‘Potential Suspects’

Last year, former deputy attorney general James Comey revealed that in 2004, he refused to “certify” the legality of certain aspects of the National Security Agency (NSA) spy program. Comey witnessed Alberto Gonzales and Andrew Card try to force a bed-ridden John Ashcroft to approve the program. Comey, however, did not publicly give specifics as to what program he opposed.

CAP’s Peter Swire wrote on ThinkProgress at the time that Comey’s testimony implied that “other programs exist for domestic spying” outside of the NSA program. Radar’s Christopher Ketcham suggests that another spy program does exist: “Main Core,” a program that authorizes “computer searches through massive [unspecified] electronic databases” in order to discover “potential threats” in the event of a “national emergency”

Full Story
thinkprogress.org...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
We should all be getting ready with silenced weapons and a redoubt that cannot be attacked frontally. We on ATS are prime candidates for this list: I KNOW I am on it, as I write letters to the editor and send emails to police chiefs raising hell when cop's violate the law...and I spare no words either. I wear T shirts all the time that lambast Bush and his gang and stand up for our rights...so no doubt they nwill come to ' question ' me...and when they do I will be ready and waiting.Will you?

Overall I agree my friend.

But, the point of this post is .. whats up with the silencers?

If they're going to come after the people on that database, they couldnt take their sweet time because people would band together into groups out of fear, and we'd have a real urban civil war on our hands. So it would have to be a sweeping attack on everyone on the database .. so really theres no point in needing to silence your shots, because their guns surely won't be silenced, lol, and its not like people won't know whats going on. So I say, why not a nice rifle, like an AR-15 variant, semi-auto. Or even an AK-47 that shoots NATO rounds, theyre extremely cheap, i just happen to know this because Ive seen them on the net for like .. $300 to $500, brand new. I am not advocating people to arm themselves, I am advocating their right to do so under the 2nd amendment. This means they may or may not by their own decision and choice as an individual to decide to purchase a gun, I'm not saying go buy one.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
ats, investigate sugar grove, wv.

one of many.

this program is older than a lot of you and is more massive than you can imagine.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I think that if people started being "rounded up" that there could be no way to keep it quiet. I think this country would erupt in civil war and that most of the militia types would definitely go to war against our own goverment. I worry very much about this because I used to be a gun collector, and many many guns are registered in my name. I have since found a spiritual path that changed how I felt about all that, and I sold off almost all my guns. I now only have two handguns, one for me and one for wifey, and a shotgun for home defense.

My guns are no danger to any law enforcement. I have my guns to protect me from immediate danger, and I would not see LEO as a danger to me since I am a law abiding citizen.... I should hope. If I should, however, hear that people were actually being "rounded up" I would be inclined to run to the hills on an extended camping trip, cuz I sure don't deserve to be locked up in some detention camp.

What is this world coming to? It is starting to scare me as we get closer and closer to this election. I just keep waiting for something to be declared a national emergency and martial law declared and the elections canceled. scary stuff nowadays....

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Geez, it is amazing how often more of this kind of thing comes out.

Like DARPA and TIA aren't enough it has to go to another level of the filing of the ranks, it isn't like this kind of thing isn't expected or anything, but when you read about more and more of the systematic taking on of every possible aspect of individual beingness/freedom................... it just gives me an unsettled feeling.

And for all of those who say they have nothing to fear, well who really is a domestic terrorist or a threat to the country, most of us are average citizens attempting to understand what is happening to the world as we know it. If that makes us an enemy then so be it.

Balance will always eventually be maintained,

Won't it???

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Here's an article that seems to have disappeared from google.

OpenYourEyes
US Marine BOASTS of MARTIAL LAW TAKEOVER In USA by MARINES
Sat May 24, 2008 07:12

SPECIAL REPORT from BOZEMAN, MONTANA-

US MARINE DRILL SERGEANT BOASTS OF WHAT THEY WILL DO TO CIVILIANS UNDER MARTIAL LAW IN THE USA/MONTANA

I am still kinda reeling from what a US Marine admitted to me in a long conversation...a crack US Marine drill sergeant with 12 years of professional training and being a trainer in the Marines. He specialized in hardening them to win (ie-fire on women and children wherever appropriate, "show no mercy" etc.)

www.vnnforum.com...

Not much to back this up, purely anecdotal. Let's just hope that this is a gross exaggeration of what's planned. Something tells me it's not. I know first hand that these people are wicked beyond description.
I’ve been on the black list for a long time anyway, so F’em.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coopdog
reply to post by NGC2736

What is this world coming to? It is starting to scare me as we get closer and closer to this election. I just keep waiting for something to be declared a national emergency and martial law declared and the elections canceled. scary stuff nowadays....

Here is a HUGE CLUE for the rest of you .....

The Electoral College has a SPLIT VOTE in NOVEMBER 2008 and no one wins the the Office of the President. The VOTE then goes back to the PEOPLE for a popular vote .... This may be the way in which to end it all for us.

Alternatively:

George Bush attacks IRAN and Openly declares "Martial Law" when the folks at home revolt over it, thus ushering in George's "New World Order".

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Sorry for the huge quote...

Sugar Grove is an American government communications site located in Pendleton County, West Virginia [show location on an interactive map] 38.514997° N 79.28421° W operated by the National Security Agency. According to a December 25, 2005 article in the New York Times, the site intercepts all international communications entering the Eastern United States.

The site was first developed by the Naval Research Laboratory in the early 1960s as the site of a 600 ft radio telescope that would gather intelligence on Soviet radar and radio signals reflected from the moon and would gather radioastronomical data on outer space, but the project was halted in 1962 before the telescope construction was completed.[1] The site was then developed as a radio receiving station. The site was activated as "Naval Radio Station Sugar Grove" on May 10, 1969, and two Wullenweber Circulary Disposed Antenna Arrays (CDAAs) were completed on November 8, 1969. Numerous other antennas, dishes, domes, and other facilities were constructed in the following years. Some of the more significant radio telescopes on site are a 60 ft dish (oldest telescope on site), a 105 ft dish featuring a special waveguide receiver and a 150 ft dish (largest telescope on site).

Though the CDAAs were decommissioned in the 1990s, the site is still active, and photographs taken between 2000 and 2004 show significant construction on the site.

The site is part of the ECHELON communications network operated by the United States and its allies to intercept and process electronic telecommunications. The network operates many sites around the world including Waihopai Valley in New Zealand, Menwith Hill in the United Kingdom and Yakima, Washington.

Sugar Grove is located in an officially designated National Radio Quiet Zone that covers 13,000 square miles

en.wikipedia.org...

I know..wikipedia..

Anyone really want to say that this isn't real?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join