It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone noticing any unusual animal activity?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I live in Las Vegas (for locals, I'm in Summerlin),and over the past few days I've noticed quite a bit of animal/insect activity that seems a little unusual.

I've been out here for 6 years, and could probably count the number of grasshoppers I've seen in that time on one hand, but over the past week or so I've noticed they are everywhere. Lots and lots of grasshoppers flying around all over my area at least.

Came home today and saw some quail in my yard. That was a first as well.

Last week I saw a roadrunner crossing my street, can't say I've seen a roadrunner in my suburban area ever. They tend to stay around the open fields, but this one was just running up and down the street.

I've also noticed some unusual bird activity too. Call me nuts, but it almost seems like they are suicidal.

Anyone else noticed any strange behavior from animals in their area, or have any idea what could be going on?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well this will sound strange...

I am an avid birdwatcher. My husband and I have noticed a significant number of birds flying very low, almost skimming the road. Consequently, there are a lot of dead birds up and down the road. We have lived here for many years and have never noticed it before. This is an area that has many electrical and cellular towers.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
How do you know when a cat is acting nuts?

I just inherited my sons cat (which i will take to Florida with me) and its always acting strange- only thing is it may be normal for cats.
I am not a cat person (most Hispanics arent)
, so its hard to tell, but yesterday she was under my side deck and kept crying and would not come out.
I had to go out and call her, then she stood by the door an hour later and pressed her nose against the sliding glass, as if saying " Well, can i come in"? She snubbed me as she passed me...

She looks up into space a lot.
Is that normal?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Our 2 cats have been acting a little stranger than normal as well. Not sure what to make of it other than summer is here and today it's 104 degrees, so maybe they can sense a change in the climate.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Be wary of any signs of quakes/volcanic activity/..
minor tremors..low frequencies/nausea for eg.
Animals are sensitive to frequencies we can't hear..

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
How do you know when a cat is acting nuts?

I just inherited my sons cat (which i will take to Florida with me) and its always acting strange- only thing is it may be normal for cats.
I am not a cat person (most Hispanics arent)
, so its hard to tell, but yesterday she was under my side deck and kept crying and would not come out.
I had to go out and call her, then she stood by the door an hour later and pressed her nose against the sliding glass, as if saying " Well, can i come in"? She snubbed me as she passed me...

She looks up into space a lot.
Is that normal?
Oh yeah my cat has been acting really weird since the earthquake hit China.Shes been "talking alot" what I mean by that is she been meowing a lot lol.Always wants be be held now acting like a bit of a baby.Shes always been a quite cat but now now she has what my kids call "the raps".My mother says her dog has been acting weird since the earthquake in China.Hiding under the bed and whining.Animals are really really in tune to earth changes so im told.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
My girlfriend lives in summerlin. She said the weather has been a bit up and down lately, maybe there is something to that?

I know in Phoenix right before I left, there was some very strange cat activity around my apartment. Like stalking behavior, except with people. Could be they were in heat and just went a little nutty.

But back here in PA, things are as usual. Lots of rabbits this year. It was a bit odd to find that my cat had torn down a screen in a window and all 3 of my family cats were sitting on the roof side by side looking out into the yard. The reason its odd is because they hate each other, but there they were hanging out.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

She mentioned the grasshoppers at all? They are everywhere.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I know in Arizona a couple of years ago grasshoppers were the norm when summer came. We don't get them as much as we used to, maybe the moved to nevada?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
my female dog is humping the male dog all day. Very weird but i don't think its a sign of anything more then my dogs are nuts. I do believe animals are a great way of noticing something is wrong with your surroundings. they have a keen ability to feel the field of energy in the world.have to see what these two are feeling.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Bakersfield is being swarmed with frogs

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Our parakeets have been scrambling in their cages for a couple of nights now. The weather has been HOT around 100F about a couple days back. But the indoor temperature is kept cool to warm. Perhaps there may be another earthquake planned, err, I meant coming in our area. Recently, there has been no report of earthquakes via USGS.

Oh and yesterday, a small red squirrel darted in front of our car as we traveled along at around 30MPH. I stopped somewhat suddenly to avoid hitting that critter and giving my parents whiplash.

The small birds continue to take a drink and bathe at our bird bath. Crows, geese and ducks come and go, one big fat bumblebee tastes nectar from our short, purple flowering pea shurb and maybe a few hornet/yellow jackets fly by.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Obviously, i can't speak about where you are Slackerwire.
But my cats have been very restless.
As for creatures outside, I walk a nature trail everyday, and I have seen more animals and birds in the past week than I can ever remember. I too, have lived here for 6 years.
Just this morning I walked up onto a large rock and there were two white tailed deer. Twins by the looks of it, and they were still young ones.
No fear of me at all, and they were about ten feet away. They just stared at me. I took one step forward, and they casually walked away.
It was an amazing thing to see.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Its funny you should post this now. We have possums around our house and have always fed them so naturally they keep coming around. Usually only one at a time but if there is more than one they tend to chase each other off. Lately they have been ‘hanging out’ together not minding the others being around. It is not just that they are hanging out but the number of them as well. I commented to my wife the other night it was like something from a Hitchcock movie.

Apart from the possums, only last night I saw a mass fruit bat migration over our house. I have seen this before but not near our home and not in winter. I called my son out to have a look as he had never seen anything like it in his life. There were hundreds of them. Also, when I have seen this is the past they usually flow in one general direction. These seemed to be heading in all directions.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yeah, pretty normal there.

My younger cat has developed an unhealthy facination with the toilet. She just moans and cries when I flush it like I stole her favorite cat toy or something. That and when she wakes up from a nap she will call to other cat because she thinks she has been left alone. I live in a one room efficency, she can smell the other cat and possibllybe able to hear the other cat breathing. This has been going on for the past three weeks so it is not from being in heat.

Myself, I have been making more typo's and omiting leters and words lately.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Ahabstar]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
One of my cats has become exceedingly friendly to everyone and seems to want a lot of attention. She used to be exceedingly ornery and reclusive. Along with this she's been throwing up all over the house.

Clearly the end is near!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I'm in Halifax, Canada, and I was walking down the sidewalk today down downtown and there was a sparrow flying very low, straight up the side walk, flew right by my head without swerving, I thought it was very odd, being that it was in a non-suburban area, and not seeming to care about anything around ti at all, while growing up in the country I know sparrows to be very wearing of activity around them and are quick to fly away. My roommate also saw weird bird activity today as well, a osprey and a crow attacking eachother above a pond in the public gardens. not only did they find this weird but may other did also and a crowd formed. An osprey in the city, and a crow attacking anything without it's murder.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
My cats seem sad the past couple of days, they are usually very happy and fun, and they have a little bounce and hop to the way they run, a kind of happy run haha, but not in the past couple of days.

But it may be because I've been out a lot lately.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have been noticing weird animal behaviour since shortly before the China quake, (although I didnt hear about the quake until a day or so after it hit and didnt connect the dots right away) and then there was a day when things seemed relatively "normal" and now I am seeing more weird behaviour. Restlessness. Irritability. Recklessness. Sort of a distracted attitude.

I wonder whats up?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
My dogs are chickens... They never really bark, theyd run away if there was an intruder in the house. For the past couple of days theyve been barking day and night. Not at anything specifically, just barking at air. My pet lizard has been scratching the glass walls of its little habitat, trying to get out also. When i let him out, he starts running all along my limbs, trying to find a way to jump off of me and get away. I dont know whats going on, im in california by the way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join