It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier Uses the Quran for Target Practice

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You know, I know I should be outraged by this, but the truth is I'm not. Here's why:

I admit I don't know a lot about Muslims or their faith. What I see, however, are schools here in Dallas that are making allowances for Muslim students to have prayer times in the middle of the day, clearly against the doctrine of separation of church and state. Christians cannot assemble on school grounds to hold functions, yet Muslims are allowed to have their prayer times during school hours on school grounds? Talk about a double standard! All I see and read about in our media is how our federal, state and local governments are making exceptions for Muslims and illegal immigrants while punishing native, tax paying, Christian citizens. And that increases my ire towards Muslim people, so when bad things happen to them, I honestly can't say I feel much compassion for them.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Originally posted by Rook1545

So whenever someone shows a bit of humanity towards someone that is Muslim, or decides to foolishly stand up to you about your treatment of those devil worshipping, murderous, heathens, You just spout the good book and call them Nazis.

Just for the record, I haven't once "spouted the good book".

I suggest you take some courses in reading comprehension. And try not to be so hypocritical. If you're going to play mod, call out all instances of name-calling, not just those that criticize your codefendant.

And the boy is definitely a NAZI brownshirt. His defense of terrorists while ignoring the problems in his own back yard are sure signs. Remember, one man's terrorist sympathizer is another man's NAZI brownshirt.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Originally posted by sos37
You know, I know I should be outraged by this, but the truth is I'm not. Here's why:

I admit I don't know a lot about Muslims or their faith. What I see, however, are schools here in Dallas that are making allowances for Muslim students to have prayer times in the middle of the day, clearly against the doctrine of separation of church and state.

The same thing, sad to say, is happening across the United States. They refuse to assimilate and follow our laws, thinking they can get away with using their own Sharia law instead.

When challenged about it, they become violent.

TV news crew attacked at Minneapolis tax-funded Muslim school

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Damn...I thought you had ignored me...

I guess by your logic no one is allowed to be outraged by a topic unless everything in "thier own backyard" is in tip top shape. Just because there is domestic issues where he is does not invalidate his right to express an opinion. Using your rules no Americans should be allowed to comment until they have fixed their borders, cleaned up their economy, and made a decision to either enforce the Bill of Rights or scrap it altogether.

If you believe so strongly that this soldier has every right to shoot at this book, why does it send you into such a rage when we decide to excercise those same rights to speak out against it?

And BTW he is not my codefendant...he is my co plaintiff. You and your type are the defendants here. You are the ones pleading defense of his actions, we are the ones that are prosecuting.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Rook1545]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Originally posted by xxpigxx

And, as far as I can tell, most blacks agree with Sharpton and Jackson

Thanks for playing, though.

How far can you tell? Where are your sources?

Jackson’s candidacy resulted in the registration of two million new black voters

Link

In 1994 he launched a primary challenge against incumbent Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan. Although the popular Moynihan easily won, Sharpton garnered eighty percent of the black vote, resulting in 25 percent of all votes cast. This overwhelming black cohesiveness aligned against an icon of the Democratic-left must have stunned every political consultant in the state.

Link

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Jewish legal system and courts TODAY in the usa

read the above - allready there are Christian courts and Jewish courts to name but 2 , in daily use , in the USA , which fall outside of the US legal system, so whilst you ask about Sharia law - well jews and catholics allready do it and have done for hundreds of years.

[edit on 22/5/08 by Harlequin]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx

In 1994 he launched a primary challenge against incumbent Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan. Although the popular Moynihan easily won, Sharpton garnered eighty percent of the black vote, resulting in 25 percent of all votes cast. This overwhelming black cohesiveness aligned against an icon of the Democratic-left must have stunned every political consultant in the state.

Link

?

It could just as easily be interpreted as black people disagreeing with Moynihan.

But we obviously digress since this has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Thanks for the links, you almost had me convinced, until I bothered to read them that is.

Political leaders from both sides of the Border have joined together to denounce recent threats from the Real IRA.

The Government denounces without reservation the wanton act of violence that took the life of UNP Parliamentarian T. Maheswaran.

Political leaders, fat cats, and government representatives do not equate to the common man or average joe.

I'm sure you as much as everyone else is aware how misleading Governments can be in representing their nation's popular sentiments.

About 1,000 people gathered in rain-swept Washington, D.C. today at an anti-Bush rally organized by the World Can't Wait, a front group for the Revolutionary Communist Party.

A dedicated Communist party, again does not represent every American's best wishes and intentions. That's ridiculous.
If that speaks for the American public, than the KKK can speak for Christian ideals.

Nice try anyway

And the boy is definitely a NAZI brownshirt. His defense of terrorists while ignoring the problems in his own back yard are sure signs.

What problems?

Do you live in Australia? Do you follow our politics?
No and no. Because it's not on FOX news.

Stop acting like you have a clue.

We're doing just fine over here, as far as I'm aware our government isn't having to "define torture" and doesn't have the power to warrantlessly surveil us, raid our homes and detain us for a unspecified amount of time.
I'd be more cautious about the Fascist Junta that's ruling over your nation rather than focusing on Australia.
The same one that's got the US embroiled in two fruitless conflicts and is leeching the America taxpayer dry.

Also our protesters tend not to get tazered in public and as I recall immigrants to Australia don't have to pass "Cultural Pop Quiz's", neither are they subject to immediate arrest and detention for not having the correct identity papers.

Nice try though, trying to portray yourself as somewhat of an "political aficionado."

Say what you want about Australia buddy, at least we don't have a lobotomized, demented Texan as our President who can't even put a decent sentence together: www.youtube.com...

What I find more disturbing is your own fascist tendencies, regarding everyone who disagrees with your bigoted views as a "Nazi".

I realize that's Rule Numero Uno from the Republican's Strategy Guide, but the real Nazis would have seen eye to eye on your mass characterization of people by the actions of a few.

They too labeled everyone who disagreed, Jews, leftists, Communists and anarchists.
But hey, deep down you already know this, since your beloved Fuhrer's grandfather was also a Nazi appeaser and sympathizer who helped Hitler rise to power.
That's right Prescott Bush, the Nazi Appeaser: www.guardian.co.uk...

If anyone here could be accused of being a Nazi and holding "Brownshirt", right-wing views it's clearly you.
Calling me a terrorist and Nazi because I dare to empathize with people and don't judge an entire religion by the misbegotten actions of a few.

Yeah I'm a nut alright, diplomacy and tolerance is such an antiquated notion to the Republican mind.

[edit on 22/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Damn...I thought you had ignored me...

I have never had to put anyone on Ignore here. You just haven't said anything of interest, until you exhibited your ignorance by suggesting that I called your friend a NAZI because of something Bush said.

Don't presume to know about something when you actually don't. Your codefendant has used Nazi terminology quite liberally in the past; I was just giving him a dose of his own medicine.

But since you perform selective reading, I wouldn't expect you to pick up on that.

I guess by your logic no one is allowed to be outraged by a topic unless everything in "thier own backyard" is in tip top shape. Just because there is domestic issues where he is does not invalidate his right to express an opinion.

He has a right to express his opinion. It gets tedious, however, when he constantly drones on about how bad the US is. He is merely covering up the problems in his own country by attacking mine.

And after he attacks the US, he resorts to personal attacks. People like him are a dime a dozen here - and not worthy of reasonable debate.

In reality, he is jealous of the US and would love to settle here.

If you believe so strongly that this soldier has every right to shoot at this book, why does it send you into such a rage when we decide to excercise those same rights to speak out against it?

Again, your ignorance shines through. Show me where I suggested it was OK for this soldier to shoot the Quran WHILE IN IRAQ. SHOW ME. Or

Do you see why I get frustrated with your type? You make up false statements and jump to unfounded conclusions, instead of debating the issues.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Originally posted by Harlequin
read the above - allready there are Christian courts and Jewish courts to name but 2 , in daily use , in the USA , which fall outside of the US legal system, so whilst you ask about Sharia law - well jews and catholics allready do it and have done for hundreds of years.

Your source indicates what is basically a mediator service provided for those of the Jewish faith ( for a Get, for example). It does not replace the civil proceedings for divorce.

I am not familiar with any equivalent Catholic courts.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

And the boy is definitely a NAZI brownshirt. His defense of terrorists while ignoring the problems in his own back yard are sure signs.

What problems?

What problems? Let's see... your own gov't officials have told muslims to get out of Australia.

Muslims Out Of Australia!

The school teachers are terrified because of the violent muslim students.

Australia-hating Muslims unchecked, says teacher

Muslim rape gangs run rampant, defiling your women

Criminal Gang or Islamic Gangs?

Shall I go on?

We're doing just fine over here, as far as I'm aware our government isn't having to "define torture" and doesn't have the power to warrantlessly surveil us, raid our homes and detain us for a unspecified amount of time.

You're losing electoral rights:

Limiting Democracy: The Erosion of Electoral Rights in Australia

They're even making you bend over to take photgraphs:

The Erosion of Photographer's Rights

You're lying when you say you can't be searched without a warrant:

Eroding rights

There are literally hundreds of articles condemning your screwed up system, so don't play holier than thou.

Meh. I'm done with you.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
IMHO which is worse cutting off a man's head or shooting at a book? Seeing that General kiss the ass of those barbaric rag heads makes me want to puke. When i was in the army we took absolutely no prisoners and expected no quarter from the enemy. What is going on with the military and with society??? it amazes me. IF and this is a big IF, 9-11 was really pulled off by radical muslims then what is going on in Iraq and Afghanistan is valid and a good thing to do. But IF 9-11 was an inside job done by our gov't, Mossad or NWO etc. then we should be kissing the rag heads ass... If not, then i would recommend eliminating all militants and wipeing them off the face of this planet earth!
plaase people, grow a pair (men only need apply here). our lesbos aka dykes have more cahones than most men in America.... lets get tough.... stop wining and get tough during war time.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Shall I go on?

Your really a laugh and a half you know that?
That was a pretty piss-weak dig at Australia.

You dig up 3 articles; all 4 to 9 years old, about ONE politician who is known to harbour particularly strict immigration views and one famous, so called "rape-gang" case and this is evidence Islam is dominating our nation?

Well then how about this:

www.jihadwatch.org...
www.jihadwatch.org...
righttruth.typepad.com...
www.worldnetdaily.com...
ipsnews.net...

If a couple of ramblings and one rape case is enough evidence that Islam has got a foothold over our nation, then America is an Islamic State as far as I'm concerned, since you guys are having literally grovel and bend over backwards for Muslims all across your nation.

You're losing electoral rights:

Did you even read that link yourself? It's talking about PROPOSED legislation which may limit electoral rights. And since that was written in 2006, I can call bs on that, because everyone over 18 in Australia still has the right to register on electoral rolls and vote.
Since I'm a voter, I think I would been informed of restrictions to electoral rights.

Oops... Busssted!

The powers include allowing agencies such as the Australian Crime Commission and the Australian Federal Police to carry out secret searches of homes and other premises under “delayed notification” warrants.

They still gotta display warrants to the suspects.

And where in that article does it state exactly our phone and Internet traffic are being monitored without authorisation and logged into massive databases?

That's the best you can come up with?
Next time try turning off Moderate Filtering in Google, maybe you'll get more hits that way...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I'm talking about groups like CAIR, and mass protests of tens of thousands of moderate muslims.

You can only expect that when their countries are not being bombed,hundred and thousands of civillians not getting killed,millions not made homeless,lands not being illegally occupied,oil tankers not making free runs and the list goes on....

Otherwise your're living in a koo koo land

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

That was a pretty piss-weak dig at Australia.

But it was the truth. So stop attacking America and pay attention to your own back yard.

If a couple of ramblings and one rape case is enough evidence that Islam has got a foothold over our nation, then America is an Islamic State as far as I'm concerned, since you guys are having literally grovel and bend over backwards for Muslims all across your nation.

One rape case? You are blinded from drinking too much Kool-Aid. They have brainwashed you through terror to the point where you're afraid of your own shadow.

And it's pretty pathetic that you condone them raping your women by saying "Well, it was only one rape case".

Oops... Busssted!

Wrong. What good are "delayed notification warrants" when your rights have already been trampled on?

And they are monitoring your calls. You're just too naive to realize it.

The powers include allowing agencies such as the Australian Crime Commission and the Australian Federal Police to carry out secret searches of homes and other premises under “delayed notification” warrants. They will also be able to access information stored on a range of electronic devices, such as mobile telephones, without a warrant.

I'm really done with you this time. You're too afraid to speak out against evil in this world. As if they are going to spare you because you kiss their arse.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Notice how the pro-Muslims on these forums never admit to any wrong doing on the part of the Muslim community. Everything is always justified as only the actions of extremists, never a suggestion of what causes these extremists to act the way they do, never a recommendation on how to changes the actions of the extremists, how Muslim society could change to reduce the numbers of the extremists. When they are not trying to make excuses for the behavior of Muslims, they are exagerating the actions of the U.S. or the west, or Israel, when all else fails.

It would be nice to see some of these pro-Muslim types admit that there are changes needed in their culture. This is a reality that they don't want to accept. At least most westerners admit that we have problems and desire changes in our culture to improve our culture.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by poet1b]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

But it was the truth.

No it was a half-truth. I debunked 2 of the lame arguments you made, in no way is that representative of all of Australia.

I wonder where you get this authoritative attitude from, like your word is final on ever matter?
Too much of the O'Reilly factor it would seem...

And it's pretty pathetic that you condone them raping your women by saying "Well, it was only one rape case".

Yes, one case. That is not proof nor an excuse to start going apesh*t and accusing Muslims of harbouring some global domination agenda.

You do realise they have some really good decaffeinated coffee brands on the market today? Maybe that would calm your nerve...

"ZOMG! THEY RAPED SOME CHICK! QUICK ARM THE ICBM'S!!!!"

Wrong. What good are "delayed notification warrants" when your rights have already been trampled on?

Well let's see, the warrants have to be displayed FIRST before a premises can be searched, so they're not exactly trampling over your rights until they warn you they're about to.

The Delayed Notification is referring to the fact that they're essentially written up without full approval first; it doesn't mean they kick the door down, raid your house and then leave the warrant on the floor as they walk out.

And they are monitoring your calls. You're just too naive to realize it.

They will also be able to access information stored on a range of electronic devices, such as mobile telephones, without a warrant.

Mobile Phones are much easier to intercept and more likely to yield solid Intel than hard lines.
So AGAIN...
NOWHERE does it say they're WARRANTLESSLY monitoring phone and Internet traffic.

I'm really done with you this time. You're too afraid to speak out against evil in this world. As if they are going to spare you because you kiss their arse

Boo-friggin'-hoo...

Would you like me to call the wittle Wambulance?

Better yet, take off your blindfold, try not intaking too much caffeine and sugar, and stop acting so paranoid for the love of god.

Your just tinfoil to the core aren't you? Paranoia is coursing through your veins, it seems to be an inalienable part of Republicans...

reply to post by poet1b

Notice how the pro-Muslims on these forums never admit to any wrong doing on the part of the Muslim community.

Riiight.. How does me not denouncing Muslim Extremism = Me supporting them?

So Americans not denouncing Bush = They all adore and cherish him?

Yeah with a 28% approval rating you guys are bowing down to him bigtime: www.cnn.com...

Yeah forget the concepts of "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" and all that stuff, forget democracy, just lump anyone who doesn't agree with the Republican Party's policies into Muslims/Muslim sympathisers/Terrorists category.

Awesome. Now let's all goose-step to the White House in our brown shirts while chanting "Heil Herr Bush!".

When they are not trying to make excuses for the behavior of Muslims, they are exagerating the actions of the U.S. or the west, or Israel, when all else fails.

Yeah I'm blowing everything out of proportion, I'm such a sensationalist!

America didn't invade Iraq and Afghanistan and waste a trillion dollars and 4,500 lives for no reason.
There was... Oil, huge revenues for the Republicans and their chums in the Oil Industry, umm let's see, settling an old score with Saddam?
Plenty of good reasons!

And Israel ISN'T violating the Geneva Convention and demolishing Palestinian homes, and massacring civilians or setting up a virtual apartheid state. Noooo! Nonsense!
They're just a little careless, human error though, I mean nobody's perfect right?
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.cbc.ca...
www.amnesty.org...
www.cnn.com...
www.smh.com.au...

And the loss of liberties in America? What loss??
You guys can still do and say whatever you like; but if it's over the phone or the Internet the government can monitor you, and if it's in public, well your liable to get tazered in the stomach.

Don't forget talking about or supporting certain "ideologies" can get you arrested. And by ideologies they mean anyone who doesn't gulp down the propaganda obediently.

Oops! Almost forgot, Torture is NOW LEGAL, except we don't call it torture anymore, that's just too negative, it's "Cruel and Unusual punishment" to be politically correct, and it can applied to anyone, even the innocent!
www.nytimes.com...
www.vanguardngr.com...

But hey, sacrificing Liberty for Security, the tried and true Republican approach.

How THICK do you want lay on the sugar here?
Are you that naive and oblivious that you can't see illegal, immoral and unethical actions for what they really are?

Do you need everything spelled out for you in crystal?
When will you accept your government does more harm than good?

If Bush goes on national TV as proclaims: "Hiya! Guess what? I have been a bad President, I just want to make it clear..."

And I'm an apologist and appeaser?

Note to Poetb1: Remove head from sand.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It's so easy to make such generalisations.

The problem with Islam is many Muslims live in the middle east. In the middle east is a lot of oil. Since oil became so valuable, people have been subverting the various countries with massive oil reserves. Then, throw in the UN creating Israel right in the middle, and Israel's subsequent brutalisation of many Muslims, and you can understand how your average Muslim is going to feel somewhat-targetted. I'm not excusing anyone's horrific actions, I'm merely pointing out the very understandable reasons why some people are going to fly off the handle and do stupid things.

Saying the violence is an intrinsically Muslim problem is naive at best, and straight-up xenophobic at worst.

May I suggest learning about the history of the middle east before making such outrageous claims?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine.

Look, just because we say stuff that doesn't mesh with your rosey view of how things are, doesn't mean we are nazis or ignorant. In fact I would say it is actually you who are both. Why do I say this? You refuse to acknowledge the facts. My "co-defendant" (and I already corrected you on it) has shown you that your argument is a complete farce and at best, weak. You refuse to see any reasonable counter-argument and when you cannot counterpoint, you resort to using buzz words and namecalling. You seem to feel that you come from some kind of position of authority, you don't.

Why do you think that everyone wants to be an American? I am not jealous of you living there. In fact I am not one iota jealous, I am perfectly happy where I am. I used to love America and things it stood for. It is no longer a beacon of freedom to me. It has simply become the next nation in line to strong arm the world. Now I know you are going to accuse me of being an American hater, I don't care, think what you want. I like alot of the people in the US, and don't really hate anyone there. I do not approve of the governments policies. If they were stay out of other sovreign nations, I could care less what they do because it does not affect me. But when they go parading around the world spreading democracy at gunpoint, I have a problem with it. They are really no better than the Muslims, who as a lot of people here love to point out, spread their religion by the blade of the sword.

I would like to ask you a direct question jsobecky. I have yet to see your response to this incident (if I missed it I am sorry), I would like to know, what do you think about what happened here? I would also like to know what you think about the story about the Orthodox Jews burning the bible.

Let's see if we can move from a pissing match to a decent conversation.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Man with a mental age of ten detonates a nail bomb in the toilet of a British restaurant. The Police blame the crime on members of the Religion of Peace who bullied and victimised him.

Which side do you want to be on?

Has I have said, it’s not the whole, just enough of them to fight the West. You’re a Muslim Phoenix. Why are you not as vocal as me when it comes to Islamic violence? I’m just the victim; they are doing this in your name yet you are giving them more of a pass than I am.

Islam will have to sort itself out or we will sort it ourselves. Has a Muslim it’s your choice.

And what is this?

‘Wow you actually have no clue what you are saying, that is awesome. Just so you can appear to know what is going on, Allah is god. If you are a Christian, Jew, or Muslim, you pray to the same god, no arguments allowed, it is a fact. Now moving on.’

Islam is the new boy in town as far as the others go. Copied and expanded it may be, but it is still a story book with pop out bloody pages.

I will defend my right to live my life in my way in my country without the Caliphatists threatening my mother or firing bombs at my father. That is my right and I will defend it to the death. If a Muslim down the road agrees fine, but if he won’t help us rid this land of his more extremists brethren then he has a choice. Tuck in and help or leave. You can’t hope for political victory while denouncing suicide bombing.

Britain is Britain and Sharia has no place here. If Muslims try to enforce it then they will find war and furious anger brought upon them and they will be booted out. It’s the truth; ask anybody here if they want Sharia. Until 9/11 nobody in Britain was worried about Islam, it was a small issue to some but not all. That’s gone now. They are rightly under the spotlight.

Islamic extremism is cutting the throat of peaceful Islam. If the moderates won’t sort there own house then we will. Like it or not it’s true,

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join