It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I was just reading through the Tera Papers on this website that someone posted in another thread and thought I would just post what I thought was a fair resemblance... I'm not looking for an arguement or trying to say this is identical... Just pointing something out I seen.

[The Website]: www.freedomdomain.com...

[Image]: www.freedomdomain.com...

Regards, Lee

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lee_K
Just pointing something out I seen.

Hmmm No argument? DARN IT

No idea what your talking about ...

The eyes are close

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
wow! amazing find, really great evidence!!!

Peace and love K.W

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Thanks for that Zorgon. You could of stuck the other fella in their too!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Here's a contrast between the RockStatue vs. the live(smaller faces) that pop up all over.They are diverse,and I believe several times smaller than the statue head. That would make them from about grapefruit to melon sized.It's a rough guesstimate. Since they areonly seen in the negative image,they are the LIVE ones. I have tried before to explain that sometimes negative images yield more live faces,and that's why I type less and just show the images.It's a wall of disbelief with many negative faces

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
How many rock formations sit on top of shoulders?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Something that's not easy to see at first glance isn't impossible to understand.The faces seem superimposed on the rocks because they are ghostly looking and incomplete images. They are nowhere near the cliff face,most of them,and are in fact gathered within 50 feet of the rover very curious about it and therefore looking straight ahead at Opportunity rover at ground level(most of them).They are the live faces.The cam shoots past them with a distant focus perhaps an eighth of a mile away as the cliff face is distant.The mesh of images,an overlap,yeilds the ghostlyout of focus faces that seem flattened against the cliff.But the faces are in foreground and cliff is in background. The animals have the cliff to their back and rover in front of them.The different sizes of the faces is a giveaway that this is the case. Put another way.Let's say you arein your car stopped ata traffic light andyou are 4 cars from the light.You have a camera and take a pic where just over the roof of the first car at the light are some pedestrians crossing in the cross-walk to get to the opposite sidewalk.BUT,you manually focus the cam to a scene an eighth mile away at the next traffic light intersection ahead of you off way in the distance.Now those pedestrian's heads seem a little fuzzy out of focus and blobbish,since they are relatively close,but your far focus throws them out of complete clarity. Foreground focus/background FUZZY
All FUZZY
Foreground FUZZY/background FOCUS
In the case of Mars pics the animals are in Foreground FUZZY/background FOCUS in most cases.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

Your explanation is correct, but the out of focus objects only appear translucent when very near the camera, the right side of the camera lens needs to see some of the background that the left side sees, so the whole image can be created, something like this.

As there are no "blind spots" we can see all the background, but the object is also visible, although out of focus.

In the following photo, as the distance between the camera, the hand and the background is not enough to create that effect (there is a "blind spot"), the hand does not appear completely translucent.

Also, the panoramic cameras on the rovers (the cameras that take most of the photos we see) do not change focus, they have a fixed focus from 1.5 metres to infinity, as explained here.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I see the statue in te picture also, it very much looks like the ones in egypt that is an awesome picture by the way!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... this video guy is making great finds on the same area we are looking at including the Egyptian statue.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

vze thanks for sharing the You Tube site and yet this is but one little location on Mars showing many anomalies. It is a shame NASA does not come clean with what they know and hide from the public about life on Mars. vze check your u2u.
Rik Riley

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You still won't convice me that anything built a statue on a middle of a cliff face.. and bothered to carve out a bunch of stone first, so it could be recessed. Not to mention it's in the middle of the cliff. It's just a rock folks, seriously. I don't think any super long-nosed aliens that are somehow mysteriously the forefathers of ancient Egyptians carved that.

And to the guy circling absolutely everythign with a square—please stop it, you are going to give yourself a complex. There is nothing there. Every single bump, rise, or contour isn't an ancient face. They are ROCKS! Even the ones that look like "statues," they are rocks, too. That's it.

Finally, I don't believe for a moment that NASA would post anything unless they went over it with a super-fine toothcomb. They wouldn't "accidently" post pictures of statues, faces, tools, houses, pyramids, etc.

You can find the exact same sort of resemblences to statues and people on rocks right here on Earth. I don't see folks claiming they are anything than they appear to me—which is simply just rocks formed into familiar figures.

And finally, I'd LOVE if they find alien artifacts, I'd be on that wagon in a second. I just honestly don't think we've found anything yet. And I still don't think Mars ever had a solid enough ecosystem to support life to the point where it could advance to the level where folks are carving statues.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Unless aliens were 1 inch big these "objects" seem a little too small to be anything but random bits of weathering/aging

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Vzezxjjk. Although I also have some trouble seeing some of your faces, I really do appreciate you enthusiasm and contribution to this thread. Thank you! Also a big thanks for the link of the you tube you found.
Rikriley. Any chance you could post pic of the numbers, letters, symbols and hieroglyphs? would love to see some. Thanks.
Lee _k. Many thanks for that link to the tera papers.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Don't laugh, but I do not think it is anything human.

The head seems to go back smooth, like it is a long head stretching down to the back of it and the shape of the facial structure is, not human. If it is anything, I would love to see more pictures of this in detail from NASA.

- Nicky Thomas
Swansea, United Kingdom

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If anyone has Photoshop try messing around with this image with the Brightness & Contrast.

Image > Adjust > Brightness & Contrast.

Set the Brightness to +40 and just mess around with the contrast, up and down. Its worth a look. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

It shows more detail to the picture and I thoguht it looked a lot like the alien from the alien interview in Area 51.

I'll post some pics later tonight...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The head seems to go back smooth, like it is a long head stretching down to the back of it and the shape of the facial structure is, not human.

Peru

Nefertiri

Or did you think they wore those funny hats because it was fashion?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Couldnt seem to edit my last post but anyways here's the picture i've put together. All i've done is messed around with the brightness and contrast using Photoshop. All these images except the original have the brightness set at +40 and the contrast set according to the image...

So maybe i'm just making something out of nothing here or letting my imagination run a bit, I dunno but thought i'd post this anyways and let you decide...

[IMG]: files.abovetopsecret.com...

Regards,

Lee

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey
[more
Excelent pic. I hope this should end any debate on life other than human existing. We [anyone who is interseted] should not need to look outside our planet for they are here, have been for times exceding 500,000 years or so. We need to be whatching earth very closely in all ways of seeing for lack of a better word.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Not as extreme but noteworthy I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join