It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Or did you think they wore those funny hats because it was fashion?
No, because it was a symbol of their civil and religious power, like crowns.

And I think that those represented with those "funny hats" are never represented as having a head shaped like that.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee_K

Lee that was excellent having gradations to show.The small faces below the statue face are likely alive and closer to the rover.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I an amazed I will post other finding as soon as I figure out how. There are svral small dot, with what looks like some type of symbols, and two area that have been photo shopped. Lower on the right of the statue the are a series of vertical line (pillars). ther spots the look like a bad photo shop spray over, mabe the boys just missed cleaning this one.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

And I think that those represented with those "funny hats" are never represented as having a head shaped like that.

Oh yeah?

China History Forum, Chinese History Forum _ World History and Culture _ Hunnish Facial Features Reconstructed
www.chinahistoryforum.com...

National Geographic
The quartzite head of a princess—possibly Meritaten, the daughter of King Akhenaten—displays an unusual skull shape

Peru

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
another face in the same photo

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
lots of rocks there for sure

but if you really want to see statues of baal and the rest of the statues with Babylonian origins

Visit the capital its all over the place there

I can see faces in the patterns of the tiles on my bathroom floor
amazing what the mind can conceive

[edit on 30-7-2008 by solo1]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by solo1
I can see faces in the patterns of the tiles on my bathroom floor
amazing what the mind can conceive

Well as long as you don't start thinking they are really demons from Hell and start blasting them with that toy your av is holding... you should be fine...

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Does that mean that the Chinese and the Peruvian were the same as the Egyptian that used those "funny hats"?

And what I said, as you reposted in you own post, was:

So I was expecting photos of statues, engravings and/or paintings of one of those people who had those long heads with one of those "funny hats".

And a head like that of the possible Meritaten could not wear a hat like the one you posted.

Those hats are usually represented as an extension of the forehead, not like an extension of the back of the head.

Maybe they suffered from the22q13 deletion syndrome.

So, I am waiting for representations of people using those "funny hats" and of the same people showing that they had a head shaped like that.

Photos of their skulls would be even better.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Let me put it this way, instead. We know for certain there are rocks (and trees and other natural objects) that form into shapes that are very clear to us. We know these to be coincidence, it's just a fluke of nature. No one questions this on our own planet.

But it seems like ANY object that in any way vaguely resembles something we are familiar with on Mars (or the moon), it is immediately put squarely into the "this is an alien artifact, NASA and our government are hiding stuff from us!" category. It is guaranteed that we'll find objects that look like familiar shapes to us. Why are all of them immediately suspect? Can't some of you who see faces, statues, or holes in rocks start from a neutral standpoint? Because I also guarantee if you start with a mindset of there being statues and houses and skulls and faces and whatever else you see in these photos, you are going to see them everywhere. I think people go way overboard in trying so hard to find stuff. If you look hard enough, I'm sure you can find just about anything (including Elvis) in those photos.

For myself, I've seen nothing at all so far, that is difinitive evidence of being anything other than a simple rock or a cliff formation.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Originally posted by fleabit
But it seems like ANY object that in any way vaguely resembles something we are familiar with on Mars (or the moon), it is immediately put squarely into the "this is an alien artifact, NASA and our government are hiding stuff from us!"

Of course don't you know it's all just one big cover up. It goes so deep that we are even hiding the truth from ourselves.

People will see and believe what they want without scientific evidence to back them up.

[edit on 8/2/2008 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I see things on Mars that are alive,so beings live there.Other people see carved rock formations before I see them and point them out.I don't see them IMMEDIATELY,but with some effort and after considerable frustration I finally SEE what they are all talking about like a veil before my eyes has been lifted.Until you get that "veil has been lifted" experience and see what was right in front of you a minute ago making no sense then you'll remain unconvinced of the possibility that others are seeing what they say they are seeing.
Right next to the rock carved statue is a real live dragon face.The line from the BOX bisects the dragon face. To the bottom left corner is a carving of 2 smaller heads inside a carved out pocket of the cliff face that is symetrical/semicircular beyond a "chance" formation,looking like a mini-stage sunset design. Do those look like chisel marks in a semi-circle? Relief carving?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

The debate continues live in a chat/podcast/live show called SpaceVidcast.com that's on Thurs nights (total studio time about 3-4 hrs) official show portion about 8pm central US time/9pm eastern US time. There's an unofficial pre-show for an hour approx and a post show about 1-2 hrs. www.spacevidcast.com... The hosts are Ben and Carianne Higginbotham in Minnesota.The stream is 24/7 nasa tv when they are not on the air,and the chat continues on the screen simultaneously.Recently the hot topic and live coverage was the launch of Falcon rocket #3 from Elon Musk's company Space-X. It failed when the bad timing(1.5 secs) separation of stages 1&2 caused a mid-air recoil crash.New topics can be raised during real-time chat and discussed instantly.It's a unique viewing experience for space nuts.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

Correction on time. It is 9PM CDT is when show starts

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
hi. excellent picture!!! I haven't registered yet but had to ask people to look at the enlarged version of that picture at the nasa link... If you go back and forth over it slowly and look closely you will also see the head of a jacqual carved in the stone!!! I will register and try to circle it so everyone can see it. This is remarkable!

thanks everyone!

ladyteye

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

The object looks to much like something inteligently built than a naturaly occuring one. It has to many artificial characteristics.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Let me put it this way, instead. We know for certain there are rocks (and trees and other natural objects) that form into shapes that are very clear to us. We know these to be coincidence, it's just a fluke of nature. No one questions this on our own planet.

But it seems like ANY object that in any way vaguely resembles something we are familiar with on Mars (or the moon), it is immediately put squarely into the "this is an alien artifact, NASA and our government are hiding stuff from us!" category. It is guaranteed that we'll find objects that look like familiar shapes to us. Why are all of them immediately suspect? Can't some of you who see faces, statues, or holes in rocks start from a neutral standpoint? Because I also guarantee if you start with a mindset of there being statues and houses and skulls and faces and whatever else you see in these photos, you are going to see them everywhere. I think people go way overboard in trying so hard to find stuff. If you look hard enough, I'm sure you can find just about anything (including Elvis) in those photos.

For myself, I've seen nothing at all so far, that is difinitive evidence of being anything other than a simple rock or a cliff formation.
I'm looking at the statue with a neutral standpoint and there's nothing I see that's natural about it.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaBears

Well, I am also looking at the image from a neutral standpoint and I don't see anything that looks artificial or that could only be created by other means than natural occurring ones on a planet like Mars.

There are other rocks on that image that look similar to the "head" of the statue; there are other vertical flat areas like the "body"; the only unique characteristic is that both things happened in that area, resulting in a rock on top of a flat vertical area that may remind us of an Egyptian statue, but there is nothing that must have been artificially created (or arranged) on that image.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
WOW!!! That is freakin BAD!! It looks just like all the egyptian carvings!! Notice it is different than all the surroundings as it is deeply "DUG" into the mountainside? If someone did carve it, howd they get all the way up there? What a TRIP!!
Flagged, favorited.
thumbs ALL the way UP!!
-Z-

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

That is not a mountainside, it's part of a crater rim and is 12 metres high.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Regardless, of whether its a crater, a mountain or a cliff its still remarkable. Go look at any of the egyptian landmarks and you see carvings PRICISELY like this. Also, I do notice the blotched kinda photoshopped mark near the top... whats that all about? Whats there to hide?
-Z-

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join