It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Serpents

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
KTK

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
reply to post by Burginthorn

Sounds like min-min lights!

There is an awesome urban legend doing the rounds about the Min Min lights. Ive heard it a few times since 1999, I suspect Y2K syndrome may have started it though

Starts with the old Aboriginal homeless man in sydney. Then the old stranger and random act of kindness. Then the Aboriginal man tells the white person that if one day they notice all the Aboriginals have dissapeared to head to the area where the Min Min lights appear ASAP. Cause they know the water event is coming again and that they are safe there.

The serpent has always been known to bring water and lots of it.

Anyone else ever had that urban legend?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Great thread. I tend to think the "UFO/alien" phenomena is more spiritual than extraterrestrial. A good read. Thanks for compiling all the info

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

You asked:

Now on them being the early "Gods," I would ask this, just as I would ask anybody in any religion.. If God came down and spoke to us back THEN, why not NOW? If aliens came and chilled with their earthly homies THEN, why not NOW?

I read online about a young adult visiting Peru; he went to Markahuasi where the EM healing sites are located (and the rock outcropping head which has the faces of each of the races of the Earth carved upon it, but smaller).

As he was climbing with his guide, they saw spherical lights moving in and out of the mountainside across the canyon. He asked, and the guide said "They are UFOs. Think that you wish to speak with them, and they will come over and speak to you." Sure enough he did and it did and then he got totally freaked out, and had to have the guide send it away.

So there are (UFO) friendlies down in So. America! He was most taken by Ollantaytambo, (where the Inca came from the tunnels). If you find his Pictures and log, that is how you will know.

Native Americans believe that Whites are afflicted with a "bad perspective" issue called "The Mind of Separation" .. it allows war and other bad things. So they do not approach us as equals, just like we do not approach native tribes who do not build cities as equals.

IMVHO most of the ancients lived underground during ice ages, and came back out when it warmed.

And more On Topic .. there is a lot about Noah and the Rainbow Serpent, and how it's shadow is the basis of the Hebrew Language (but it was a serpent in a crystal pyramid). I don't have the links. But I found that very interesting.

And In Hy Brasile or Olde Brasile (Celtic for Brazil) there can be seen serpents painted on the pottery; protecting a wounded bull and breathing fire at his enemies. They are legless, with bands spiraling around their bodies.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I've been personally researching human origins and earth history for the past 9 years (1999-2008) and this research is always on going. I've read as much as I can from Zecharia Sitchin to Immanuel Velikovsky. I feel confident that everything that is revealed to the general public is not the truth. There are SECRETS that are not told. There is a truth about the Annunaki/Nephelim. There is a truth to the Bible, Koran, Torah and all other "Holy Scriptures". I urge everyone to start seeking the truths from the great pyramids at Giza to the citadel at Machu Pichu in South America. There are stories about the "Giants that walked Earth." Ancient Sumeria is always a good place to start. If the truth shall set thee free, then it is about time that we knew the truth. I don't know the answers (I don't think any one does). But the "Darks con of man" seems to be alive and well. I'm sorry to sound so cheesey but there is almost a "Matrix" like reality that has been fabricated for us. Here is a list of References:
Zecharia Sitchen - The Lost Book Of Enki, The 12th planet, The Earth Chronicles Expidition.
Erich Van Daniken - Chariots of the Gods
Graham Hancock - Fingerprints of the gods
Patrick Heron - The Nephelim and the Pyramid of the Apocalypse
Lawrence E. Joseph - Apocalypse 2012
Immanuel Velikovsky - Worlds in collision, Earth in upheavel,
Ages in chaos
Christopher Knight/Robert Lomas - The Hiram Key
Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henrt Lincoln - The holy blood
and the holy grail
Jim Marrs - Rule by Secercy
Michael Tellenger - Slave Species of god

If anyone can tackle the information is these books, please let your voice be heard. My main point has always been that if human origins can be proved then goverment and organized religeon will lose thier power and thier control, which is what the human race will always pursue. Read, Understand and be HEARD.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Excellent thread as usual Skyfloating. This subject is a particular interest of mine and I've been watching the thread for a few days waiting for a moment to post something useful.

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
The concept of dreamtime for example is mind-expanding, and something our quantum physicists are only just beginning to suspect. They know that our reality is an illusion or merely an iteration. The dreamtime is not just the past but the present and future, the omnipresence of existence beyond our '5-senses' dimension which is perpetually entwined with our perceived reality.

This is why I don't believe the Aborigonal people are referring to material serpents and beings (not that I'm inferring that Skyfloating was claiming this to be the case). It's important that we remember that to our ancient ancestors, the spirit world was as real as this physical plane that we occupy. The concept of our reality being an illusion only goes to re-enforce the notion that to the Aborigonal people, otherworldly entities were as real, if not more real than if they had seen a tangeable material UFO or strange being.

Even for those of us who believe in the spirit world, it's extremely difficult to regard it with as much reverence as we do the physical world we were brought up in. This is because we're so weighed down by it and so conditioned to believe that there's nothing more to life than work, taxes and death. Existence has densified over the course of aeons. The Golden Age played host to a very etheric, spiritual existence whilst our current age is near the pinnacle of material density.

The serpents are real, but they required altered states of consciousness to be comprehended. It is my belief that these altered states came far easier to our ancestors because of how accepting they were of them and how in tune with nature they were. I think it's highly likely that the Bullroarer was a common method of "crossing over".

The reason that serpents are common to distant ancient cultures is that all these cultures were at one with the concept of the spirit world, and that spirit world is not subjective. I like to think of it as a room with many windows looking in, one window for each ancient culture. Therefore they all saw the same truths and often the same entities, and inevitably came to similar conclusions about creation and existence.

There's plenty I'd like to add to this thread, and will do when I have some more free time.

Someone earlier mentioned the book "The Cosmic Serpent" by Jeremy Narby. That book gives an excellent insight to the relationship between serpent worship and the origins of existence.

Also, "Supernatural" by Graham Hancock is highly relevant - explaining the link between Shamanism, UFO sightings and serpent worship.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This thread has really amazed me, opened my eyes to what is so sacred and untouched.
It was said that the bonds between great ancient civilizations such as the Egyptians and aborigines was right on point. Check out this Egyptian hieroglyph found in NSW, Australia.

There is so much knowledge that the ancient peoples of the world can enlighten us with but all we need is to be open to "Mythology" and not dismiss it all as ancient hu hah.

Source:
www.crystalinks.com...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by quadraphonic

OMG I never even knew about this! This is the first time I have heard about the Egyptian carvings and statues in Australia.
This sould be a thread in itself!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Fascinating. Thanks for that.

Whilst I absolutely believe that ancient civilisations were linked, or shared a mutual source, I think that the photo you posted up demonstrates the uncanny similarity between the entities seen by the Egyptians in altered Shamanic states and those seen elsewhere in the world during altered states. Like I said in my previous post, all of these cultures were looking into the same room through different windows, so it's natural that they'd see roughly the same figures.

Edit: Actually, scratch that. The Australian carving is identical to the Egyptian heiroglyph, with precisely the same pose and ornaments. Either it's a recent hoax, or both were developed by the same ancient artists.

[edit on 19/5/2008 by Cythraul]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

Not a bad idea at all Just_Julie. I Am part Aborigine myself and heard about this along time ago but never actually "looked" for hard evidence. But in turn they found Aborigine paintings in some Egyptian Pyramids if i remember correctly... ill try and find more evidence. I was also told that there was some type of portal that connected these 2 Civilizations A long long time ago. Don't ask me to prove anything about this portal because i don't exactly know, just what i was told

KTK

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The Gosford Glyphs are an example of the oddball aussie humour. Theres a few threads that have mentioned them throughout the years, Ill have a look for you all. I dont dissmiss the other influences though some of the Gympie stuff aint from the larrakin.

Something we must be aware of when researching anything para/crypto/ufo in Australia. The larrakin comes out in strange ways.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by KTK]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KTK

I'll be waiting patiently

But If the Egyptians had hieroglyphics of stuff like this

It is hard to rule out that they knew ALOT more then we do. Hell, they might have used that helicopter/submarine/ufo to go over to Australia to say hi to the aborigines

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by KTK

LOL, I hear you KTK, especially when Aussies tell tourists to watch out for those "drop bears"! And don't forget the wombats, black screechy things that fly around at night and fly right into you, WOM!

[edit on 13/05/2008 by just_julie]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

The question whether they were referring to the spiritual world or to the physical ones is an important and complicated one.

My final guess is both. The reason that some of these "Gods" must have been physical beings in physical aircraft is because in many accounts - such as those of Enoch - they are described as looking human, having hands to touch, operating gadgents, making noises some aircraft would make, physically appearing, etc.

But what about all the evidence that its spiritual / non-physical reality the ancients were referring to?

The answer (in my opinion) is that The Gods resided on a level of "density" between the physical and the non-physical and could appear as both.
These seemed to have been times where the seperation between both realms are not as clear-cut as what we are used to.

Make sense?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
So I believe the serpents are comets, the flowing hair of the goddess the beard of the god or the feathers of the serpent are descriptions of the comets fillamentary plasma tail.

Serpents are comets...thats what we learned in school. Except that comets dont talk, give instructions, teach writing and wage war against other Gods.

The ancients said "mountain" when they meant mountain and said "sky god" when they meant "sky god"...imo.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yep, definitely. I certainly wouldn't discount the possibility of corporeal aliens. There's no doubt we share the universe with extra-terrestrials, and no doubt that there's much we don't know about our forgotten ancient civilisations.

Through what I've read over the years, I believe that contact with spiritual entities was just as important and dramatic for the ancients as any contact with physical beings and therefore it doesn't blunt the excitement of this phenomenon to conclude that the Aboriginal people were in contact with spiritual beings (as well as material ones).

And you're right, there's often a fine line between the two. Perhaps phsyical beings billions of light years away were able to travel galaxy-wide by manifesting themselves within Aboriginal's spirit world - perhaps the Aboriginal people saw the same "gods" both in the flesh and during altered states of consciousness, at different points.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK

Thankyou for that invaluable information

Lures lizards and attracts soul mates! If we can get past the semantics we may actually crack something in this thread. There are far too many relationships between the Indigenous cultures of the world for even the cynic in me to ignore. The question remains are the sullied waters intentional? And if so who is the culprit? Wouldnt mind skyfloatings initial thoughts on that one as you have been looking into this for a while.

Ive always wondered if its a cover-up or just forgetfulness or stupidity. Maybe a mixture of all three. Things get distorted over thousands and thousands of years, despite our best intentions to remember them.

Hell, most people cant even agree on what happened at 9/11, which was a few years ago.

You raise a few other very important points in this post, I´d like to add my angle to them later.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If myth is fiction, then why, as the opening post shows, have aboriginal myths turned out to know scientific facts of which we are told they were "discovered" just recently?

This fact invites us to re-define the meaning of mythology entirely.

Quite so! And so it is being done... Though the origins appear to be quite different from what might have been expected.

(The Origins of Myth...; overview)
thunderbolts.info...

These are a few entries that deal specifically with the "cosmic dragon" or "rainbow serpent" motif in mythology around the world. Many widely dispersed, non-interacting cultures all record much the same motif. How is this possible if the cultures are so widely dispersed as to have had no contact with one another in remote regions of the world? The answer appears to be that all may have witnessed plasma events in the ancient sky that took on forms not unlike the most archaic descriptions of dragons and chaos monsters, many of which are described with "fiery manes," "glowing feathers," "flaming beards," etc. etc. Not all that far off the mark when one considers that electrical formation in plasma naturally form glowing filamentary structures...

(The Feathered Serpent)
www.thunderbolts.info...

(Mystery of the Cosmic Dragon)
www.thunderbolts.info...

(The Dragon and the Pearl)
www.thunderbolts.info...

(Ossified Dragon Theories)
www.thunderbolts.info...

Just one interpretation, but a rather interesting one. Keep in mind this is non-mainstream, and a a subset of a much larger topic. Though it is ostensibly based upon attempting to interpret ancient symbolic language through the lens of the modern field of plasma physics.

Other mythological and / or petroglyph images appear to support a plasma explanation as well.

(Plasma Formations in the Ancient Sky)
www.thunderbolts.info...

(The Meeting of Myth and Science)
www.thunderbolts.info...

(Plasma in the Lab and Rock Art; [Petroglyphs])
www.thunderbolts.info...

(Plasma On Stone)
www.thunderbolts.info...

Cheers,
~Michael

P.S. Has NOTHING to do with aliens. Which is not to say I do or don't believe that aliens exist (it's a big universe; make up your own mind)... Just that ancient descriptions of dragons, rainbow serpents, chaos monsters had NOTHING in common with modern reports of UFOs or aliens.

P.P.S. This also has nothing to do with verifying or refuting any one myth, religion, spiritual belief, etc. It has more to do with a cross-cultural comparison, leading to a possible explanation of the cross-cultural similarities underlying the wider realm of ancient myths.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by mgmirkin]

KTK

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Heres the threads for you
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This response debunked it for me.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Aboriginal and the Egyptians most certainly had the exact same belief systems, but the Aboriginals didnt need to use the Egyptians symbols as they had there own. Example..... Ever seen the rock art of two hands and one is bigger than the other? Seen the Egyptian scales? They mean the same thing in the world of universal symbols. They didnt paint boomerangs on the walls to look pretty. White people think "oh these people are primitive look at thier art all they can draw is simple symbol and the same ones only". Anyone want to hazzard a guess at what the boomerang symbolises? Repetition and symbols drawn I wonder what they were doing :p

Endangered species, extinct animals. Endangered Indigenous populations, extinct Indigenous populations. Tasmanian Aboriginals wiped out. Tasmanian animals extinct in same time frame. Seems if the people arnt around to look after thier totems then the animals dissapear as well. Why has the fox followed white man? Is there something in these random thoughts????????

Skyfloating,

There are so many angles to investigate its hard to keep OT. Could the subject be turned into a research project?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mgmirkin

Absolutely, I was going to post many of the same links myself.
The serpent archetype in my mind is definitely related to large scale plasma
events in the past. An overview of world myths definitely show a connection.
The planets in a different configuration than todays, were the gods of old.

Religion = sky worship.

We mustn't forget that many ancient cultures practicing shamanism would use music and dance as well as psychotropic drugs to induce altered states of consciousness. It's in these states that many of these other entities are encountered. I'm not ruling out alien intervention but these points cannot be overlooked.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Contrary to the claims of mainstream science, the aborigines are not the only people to have a “rainbow serpent” in their Mythology. The rainbow serpent is also known to various african tribes or the african Bantu religion. In fact, maybe it is no coincidence that Harvard scientist Wade Davis book on Haitan Voodoo and Secret Societies of the West Indies (which originate in Africa) is called "The Serpent and The Rainbow". Neither would it be the only account that somehow associates human origins with Serpents. We are reminded of the ancient biblical tale of the serpent in the garden of Eden, ancient Chinese tails of flying dragons, ancient germanic tales referring to the “Lindwurm” which, according to mythology was a flying dragon who shaped the earth, or even of the ancient egyptian tale called “The Shipwrecked sailor” which refers to a beautiful garden that sunk in a flood after being inhabited by very colorful serpents.

... You on the right path with linked beliefs, But somehow I think you are drifting astray from the truth with this post...

Texas UFO sightings 2008... Rainbow Serpant... Sky Serpants e.t.c
It's in the videos.
watch the Texas Symbols videos closely...

D. Noir.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join