It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Serpents

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KTK

cheers.

just throwing it out there.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serendipity7

And more On Topic .. there is a lot about Noah and the Rainbow Serpent, and how it's shadow is the basis of the Hebrew Language (but it was a serpent in a crystal pyramid). I don't have the links. But I found that very interesting.

Where do you get the idea of serpent in a "crystal pyramid"? Thanks.

And In Hy Brasile or Olde Brasile (Celtic for Brazil) there can be seen serpents painted on the pottery; protecting a wounded bull and breathing fire at his enemies. They are legless, with bands spiraling around their bodies.

Another transatlantic connection? The Minoans (Crete)were known to display the snake as the protector of the Bull if I remember correctly.

This is getting interesting.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by quadraphonic

We need to make sure those egyptian carvings in Australia are not a hoax though.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mgmirkin

P.S. Has NOTHING to do with aliens. ancient descriptions of dragons, rainbow serpents, chaos monsters had NOTHING in common with modern reports of UFOs or aliens.

Thanks for the interesting links. But I´ll decide for myself if it has NOTHING to do with extraterrestrial and extra-dimensional entities, thank you very much.
They neednt have anything in common with modern reports.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
There are so many angles to investigate its hard to keep OT. Could the subject be turned into a research project?

It already is a research project (for me, privately)

Earlier you raised some interesting points in comparative mythology, asking about relations/connections between Maori and Aborigine story.

I think thats a worthwhile field to look into and the notion of there being no connection at all could be debunked within no more than an hour of research.

When I have the time I´ll check it out...unless you beat me to it.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I see a lot of people taking sides for a certain theory and countering other theories.

But in my research on this Ive found you can dig up the most truths if you take in a neutral observer attitude in which you dont totally buy into any of the theories...neither the scientific "its coincidence or natural phenomena or comet" one (why would a comet fly down and then back up to the sky?) nor the ancient-extraterrestrial one (some of sitchins material is a bit flawed), nor the spiritual one. Just keep an open mind and weigh the different possibilities.

We do have some undeniable facts: Congruency between the mythologies of different cultures, mythology turned real and a few others.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I received two U2Us about this thread containing information which I was asked to post here:

1. A guy named Dan Burisch describes the sounds of a bullroarer in his alien-encounters.

2. Someone saying that he is sworn to secrecy by an aboriginal shaman about myths being real.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Here's a few vids you may find interesting.

These are from the documentary "Remembering the End of the World".
The relationship between the dragon, serpent breathing fire or feathered serpent, the flowing hair of the goddess or witch, the flaming beard etc.. and that of the doomsday comet become clear. Also interesting to note how the ancients describe the planet Venus as a comet. Yes It does have a fillamentary tail even today, described in NASA's technical terminology as being made up of stringy things.
Simple to see how the ancients may have described this as hair.
Both Mars and Venus play strong roles in mythology but none stronger than the father of the gods, Saturn. The more you look the clearer it becomes.

Why are people obsessed with doomsday scenario's? It's because we all hold these memories within our DNA. Our ancestors were witness to terrible global events of cosmic origin that ended the golden age, reconfigured the planetary orbits and decimated the human population and in turn spawned mythology and religion world wide.

This is a trailer for David Talbott's documentary "Symbols of an Alien Sky" based on Saturn Theory, it also explores common archetypes found throughout world myth.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by squiz

(currently still watching)

even though I discarded the comet-theory some time ago (for reasons stated earlier)...

...cool vids.

thanks mate

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MC esher
hroughout the book he describes ayahuasca induced visions which focus on florescent glowing snakes who bring baffling knowledge to the indigenous people of the amazon by allowing them access to a bio-molecular network of communication.

Wow! Seen them while messing around with salvia... maybe the same thing?

I've always thought there is some basis to many myths. Just because modern science says no, does not mean it warrants further investigation. As Skyfloating has done his work into the rainbow serpents it's clearly obvious there is a lot more to history than is told...

I always get the feeling that much of what we should know has been supressed and filtered out, and as we age as a race of people... we may slowly piece it all back together with new evidence. I'm waiting for the evidence of an ancient culture much before human time... that'll be the day but if it happens is the big question. Earth has changed so much that now it's under our feet in a hard to reach place.

For example... the grendel: possibly Nephilim? Many beasts and the legends/myths telling of such amazing creatures... perhaps more to some of those stories than what we actually understand.

edit

Originally posted by KTK
[
Is the Maori Bullroarer part of serpent beliefs in NZ? What was the Maori bullroarer used for?

As far as I'm aware it's just for ceremony like powhiri etc etc, that's the only time i've seen it used personally. A dorklander here >_>

edit2:

Which confirms my personal belief which is at odds with what most Ufologists believe: Spirituality / Altered States and UFOlogy are interlinked.

Agreed, very much agreed. All interlinked.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by chiplak

I do have a question regarding ancient new zealand:

Have you ever heard of ancient phoenician and celtic carvings to have been found here and there?

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

Yes - a friend of mine mentioned this to me. He said that there was a celtic building of some sorts found up top end of the north island (in the forests?) late last year and that it was being kept very quiet by the Maori/locals etc - reason being is that would confirm people existed on new zealand before them and the Moriori... (history-nz.org...)
I will enquire with him tomorrow morning (1216 currently >_>) and see what came to fruition about this matter.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by GhostR1der]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

that would be very interesting. I realize people keep quiet about stuff like this.

Thanks.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

other than celtic and phoenician symbols in NZ, Id also be interested in Maori Legends on "sky gods" and other serpents and also on some "great flood" of the distant past. Predictably it will contain all of the usual elements.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Sky- that observation plateau you often do your research from, I find myself there quite often as well.

Again, thanks for having the foresight to question mainstream, brainwashed thought patterns.

After doing research of all the known ancient ruins around this planet, it became clear to me that we only know about 5% of our history. We need to bring back the Hopi knowledge as well, that is if it hasn't been all destroyed or covered up.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

that would be very interesting. I realize people keep quiet about stuff like this.

Thanks.

I think this is what you're looking for possibly...

www.kilts.co.nz...
Spoke to my friend about it who knows many NZ historians and he mentioned that they're slightly iffy about it being correct or not. Problem is that if it's being covered up to protect the whole maori tourism/existence side of things as that's a major industry for the country. Not to mention descendants of celtic ancestors claiming land back from Maori... many many crazy land claims all over again, but white people instead!
Conspiracy in itself! No wonder they wouldn't want it out there...

More here on the matter.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

other than celtic and phoenician symbols in NZ, Id also be interested in Maori Legends on "sky gods" and other serpents and also on some "great flood" of the distant past. Predictably it will contain all of the usual elements.

I'll look into this tonight for you.

KTK

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skys,

Only asked about the research project as this is your thread and you are a mod. There are many facets and aspects to this topic that as a whole arnt in the original terms of reference of the thread. Just covering my arse is all. I have come across alot of things that tie in but would be considered REALLY off topic. This subject has components that could be spread across every ATS subforum, even politics..

Balls in your court mate as to how tolerant you wish to be as it is your thread and you are a mod.

You know we get told dreamtime stories in school, I was of the first generation to get the revised history where the word conquered was replaced with invaded. We get told these stories in the same tone as we are told grimm bros fairy tales(oh the irony), it starts in preschool. Infact some of the early reading books in our school system are dreamtime stories. I always liked the tiddlywink the frog story, he was a bit greedy and drank all the water in the waterhole and held it in his belly. This was unfair on all the other animals around the waterhole, so the rainbow serpent came and tickled his belly. This made the frog laugh and all the water in the world come out of his belly drowning most of the other animal bystanders at the water hole.(flood story again)
Cause we get told these stories along with hansel and gretel we take them as such. We also get told that a frog is a frog and a snake is a snake and that the Aboriginal people are dumb cause they think a real snake created the world. When its presented this way at an early age then the Aboriginal people have no hope for respect and understanding of their sacred sites(thanks BHP)

Again I keep coming back to getting past semantics and looking at the similarities between the ancient beliefs of all cultures. What I can see from my own investigations is that all Eastern religions are a bastardised version of these ancient beliefs.

I came to this conclusion after jumping ahead and looking at ancient Indonesia and Papua New Guinea(They had bull roarers as well).

Tasmanias Aboriginals were the oldest. Could the origins of eastern religion travelled up from Tasmania? Is this the focal point? Have we been lied to about the origins of man?

Up untill this thread I was a rather straight thinker and theres alot of things I have had to delve into that I wouldnt touch with a 10 foot barge pole. Cause of this there is a heck of alot of stuff I dont know about. So I ask any experts reading this......

Have places like Atlantis Lumeria etc ever been associated with the South Pole region?

Soz skys, thats as OT as I will get from here.......Promise

[edit on 20-5-2008 by KTK]

KTK

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Would those ruins be in be in North or South Island?

Is it ingrained in NZ that Captain James Cook was the first contact with the Maori people? Is it ingrained that the area was never mapped? We have to ignore the Dutch fellow that landed in Australia in 1606 en.wikipedia.org...

This has always struck a chord with me as I could never fathom how Asian trading routes can go through Indonesia and not bother with Australia or NZ. The Aboriginals of North Western Australia were rather cosmopolitan people when you scratch the surface.

Then I found this

For at least a number of centuries, Macassar had traded with Indigenous Australians on Australia's north coast, particularly the Yolngu of north-east Arnhem Land.

An early map of the known world, made in 1603 by Father Matteo Ricci, an Italian Jesuit who spent a long time in China, noted in a blank space where Australia lies: No one has ever been to this land in the south, hence we know nothing about it. In smaller characters he brushed the Chinese characters Fire Land and Land of Parrots[1] suggesting the Chinese were aware of and had perhaps sighted Australia - the reference to parrots may mean that someone had in fact made a landing on the continent after all...

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 20-5-2008 by KTK]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mgmirkin

P.S. Has NOTHING to do with aliens. ancient descriptions of dragons, rainbow serpents, chaos monsters had NOTHING in common with modern reports of UFOs or aliens.

Thanks for the interesting links. But I´ll decide for myself if it has NOTHING to do with extraterrestrial and extra-dimensional entities, thank you very much.
They needn't have anything in common with modern reports.

As one might be inclined to say, its just my opinion that they're not related to UFOs... I should have made that clearer.

However, if one wishes to make a claim that "rainbow serpents" are related to UFOs (as some have done), one should compare the actual archaic descriptions of rainbow serpents and other "dragons" to UFO sightings to see if they bear any resemblance to one another. So far as I can tell, they don't. Hence my opinion. You're welcome to your own opinion.

No hard feelings.

Cheers,
~Michael

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

We do have some undeniable facts: Congruency between the mythologies of different cultures, mythology turned real and a few others.

Mmm hmm...

Will leave it there & up to the reader to judge for themselves. Lots of interesting avenues to pursue!

~Michael

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
Why are people obsessed with doomsday scenario's? It's because we all hold these memories within our DNA.

Well, I don't know if I'd go quite THAT far with it. But it certainly does seem that archaic sources all tend to describe catastrophic events in very similar terms. Don't know that it was burned into our DNA, tho'. But perhaps into the oral tradition and into our social systems (myths, folklore, etc.) which get passed down through the generations. Granted, many of the archaic themes have been neutered or Bowdlerized into more P.C. modern versions. But there are still many of the same themes / symbols, sometimes thinly veiled.

It's interesting to see some of the specific graphics and read the more detailed descriptions / explanation offered by Talbott on the myth section of the relatively new forum over at the Thunderbolts site. He makes relatively compelling arguments, though I think he's still in the process of trying to convert a bunch of materials into a format that's easy to put on the web in a way that's easy to follow. No doubt hard to "boil it down," especially with so many interlocking themes that all appear to play a part in his interpretation of an "original cosmic drama." (Whether the reader accepts his explanations or not). It appears to dovetail together in interesting ways that appear non-random and with some level of internal consistency (I haven't heard the full argument yet; granted the fll argument would probably take up several BOOKS).

Anywho. It's an interesting approach, but undoubtedly not the ONLY one.

~Michael

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
After doing research of all the known ancient ruins around this planet, it became clear to me that we only know about 5% of our history.

Quite so! I've done a bit of [not literal] digging myself. Found the following news stuff regarding sunken or buried cities & sites. We'll just say I got a bit into it for a few days... So little we ACTUALLY know! So much we're just now figuring out about history and/or pre-history...

(Submerged ancient caves, pyramids, sites, cities, etc.)
thunderbolts.info...

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join