It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Serpents

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm thinking all these references to serpents has to do with the idea that dinosaurs maybe co-existed with man? Perhaps we killed them off with all the dragon slaying and such?

Another interesting note. Is it me or do they "beings" have halos/ auras around their heads? Compare.

Maybe this symbolism is more important than we thought? Maybe these beings have a visible halo/ aura that allows us to know they are divine/ otherworldly?

[edit on 16-5-2008 by metatronscube]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Star & Flag for educating the peeps a little more about my/our wonderful country Australia and it's indigenous people! There's so much to be learned from the Aborigines and their ancient legends. The Dreamtime is the most colorful creation myth we have at our fingertips today.

IRM

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
Secret bases out on the middle of nowhere? I dont know.
But it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. If there was a place you'd want to hide stuff in the most remote place on earth, Australia would be it.

There is allegedly one called "Pine Gap", you can find a thread about it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting information Skyfloating. Keep up the good work, threads like this one are great to read.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by Ionized]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
How about instead of halos it's space helmets possibly.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I find it also interesting how in Sumerian "myth"ology, EN.KI is described as being akin to a snake, the snake was his symbol, and has since been used to encompass the medical field, as well as hint at the molecular form of DNA.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is a bit of a different take on rainbow serpents but has anyone ever read "The Cosmic Serpent" by Jeremy Narby? He makes some incredible connections between the visions/knowledge of amazonian shaman who take ayahuasca inorder to tap into a network of dna: the cosmic serpent. throughout the book he describes ayahuasca induced visions which focus on florescent glowing snakes who bring baffling knowledge to the indigenous people of the amazon by allowing them access to a bio-molecular network of communication. He also makes connections between portrayals of the florescent snake in civilizations of antiquity from ancient egypt to the aborigines amongst others. Its a good read by a credible author; Narby recieved his phd from stanford.

KTK

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The bullroarers are shown next to the glowing folk in the paintings.

The bullroarer is sometimes used as a means of demonstrating the Doppler effect, by using sound. As the instrument travels round, its sound goes up or down according to its speed, and distance from the hearer

en.wikipedia.org...(music)

Good vibrations hey.............

Now for the finale

The sanctity of the bullroarer has been shown to be very widespread. There is no doubt that the rhombus ῥόμβος which was whirled at the Greek mysteries was one.

en.wikisource.org...

The 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica says what now???????????

Make of that as you wish

[edit on 17-5-2008 by KTK]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostryder21
I don’t know if this is relevant to you’re post or not but I wanted to share this little tidbit of information.

In Cherokee legend there is a snake deity that according to legend formed the river Nantahala by just slithering along. At the end of its journey it created Lake Nantahala and a waterfall there. It is said to rest at the bottom of the waterfall calling the lake its home.

Also I have been fascinated with the story of quetzocotal ever since I was a child. I used to have dreams where I would see the winged serpent coiled and spreading it wings.

This is very relevant to the thread as it...again
shows a common shared history we know nothing about...

...thanks to bad memory and thousands of years of various dogma.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by metatronscube

I noticed the halos or as some say, helmets around their head.

This again begs the question: Are we talking about a spiritual phenomenon as most claim or a technological phenomenon?

Having looked into this for a long time, I´d have to guess that both are somehow reflections of each other, in a strange way.

Thanks for the halo-input.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KTK

Amazing. Just amazing. Thanks for this pointer/lead.

KTK

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Why is it "secret"mens business? Even in the "mystery schools" it is considered so. No women children and non initiaites allowed. Can anyone offer any ideas?

Anyone familiar with an understanding of co creator/soul group concepts may be able to join a few dots. Totem animals have something to do with it. Ancient people, ancient soul groups, eating a totem animal is considered cannibalism. Shamanism and conduits. Its why they dont differentiate between the physical and non physical.

Just throwing it out there to answer the threads questions

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
Why is it "secret"mens business? Even in the "mystery schools" it is considered so. No women children and non initiaites allowed. Can anyone offer any ideas?

I dont know when it became that way or why, but an enlightened society would certainly have more of a balance between male and female.

Females are possibily more connected to "up there" and allowing them a free hand would break up whatever illusion it is we are trying to maintain. (thats just a guess).

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
ve for all things Aussie.

Now on them being the early "Gods," I would ask this, just as I would ask anybody in any religion.. If God came down and spoke to us back THEN, why not NOW? If aliens came and chilled with their earthly homies THEN, why now NOW?

Hehe, maybe we are one big convoluted science experiment. Or maybe these aliens found us many many many years ago and have just hung out in silence ever since.

I think it comes back to the seas.. When we have our oceans mapped in their entirety, I think we will know a helluva lot more about our origins, and maybe even about our visitors.

Sorry for the disjointed response, it is very late (early) here, and I need some sleep!

Great thread though, with some truly thought-provoking stuff. Sturred and Flogged.

Yeah, this is something I learned a bit about when I read a book called gods of the new millenium. The guy who wrote the book implied a similar interventionalist theory.
If I remember correctly his reasoning for them leaving earth was cause Planet X of Niburu was getting further and further away so they had to leave before it got out of range.
It could of been cause they'd done what they could for humanity and decided that it was time to let humanity run the show with what had been taught to them.

It could be these 'greys' that are often spoken of are possible creatures that have either been left behind, transit from a nearby planet or can travel vast distances from Planet X quickly.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hi Skyfloating, again a very interesting and well researched thread, you really done some interesting digging here.
Strrd and Flggd.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
This indicates that they may have passed down knowledge from the distant past untouched and unaltered by outside influences.

That is a very important remark for the following.
Many points you make are very interesting indeed, and your remark about that famous book “Mutant Messages Down Under” by Marlo Morgan is special to me because I have read that book myself.
It is indeed a very interesting read, and I strongly recommend it to those who are interested in the aboriginal people and the meaning of live.
There are some remarkable things in it, for example the conclusion of Marlo Morgan that those people are capable of communicate telepathically with each other.
That she as a doctor herself witnessed in the midst of the bush that very impressive and miraculous cure of that complicated broken leg of were the bone stick 5 cm outside the skin.
The man who had that accident walked the day after the cure without even limping, can you imagine that.

Was there a special source behind those obvious special capabilities and knowledge?
Or is it possible that they have learned those things by themselves?

Baiame: According to aboriginal dreamtime accounts the deity baiame “came down from the sky to the land and created rivers, mountains and forests. He then gave the people their laws of life, their traditions, their songs and their culture. When he had finished he returned to the sky and people called him the Sky Hero or the All Father. Baiame is said to be married to Birraghnooloo, “a godess who sends floods”. The idea of Gods sending floods is reflected in ancient greek, ancient egyptian, ancient aztec and ancient sumerian mythology.

Bunjil: Of many aboriginal groups this is the supreme God. According to some tribes this is the rainbow serpents father. Others claim he is a cultural hero that came down from the sky, taught people the arts and then went back up to the sky. Yet other tribal groups claim he created mankind.

Really amazing isn’t it?

Having read this far, is aboriginal mythology reminding you of anything at all? No matter if the mythology is south american or african or chinese or northern european, the themes repeat, with flying serpents, gods coming down from the sky and returning back, gods teaching culture and so forth. I actually did not expect to find these very same elements in aboriginal history considering that they seemed remote and unrelated to other cultures of our planet.

Why are these worldwide so specific similarities still being ignored by the scientific community?
Why is it so impossible for even the present-day scientific community despite we Humans are in a way become space travellers ourselves to accept the real possibility that Earth is being visited many times by ET astronauts from elsewhere?

I really don't understand that at all.

[edit on 17/5/08 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 17/5/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Regarding "secret men's business" and balance, there were of course "secret women's business", so there was balance, and the rites were in fact all about balance with regards to spiritual growth and cultural continuity. The thread has strayed way beyond hyper-speculation, I'll take my leave, all the best.

KTK

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I wish to apologise to anyone I may have offended with my hyper speculation into the function of the mutually exclusive male bullroarer during rainbow serpent rites.

I apologise for wondering if the sound frequencies of the bullroarer can induce altered states of mind and being. Much along the same lines as trance enduced dance or '___' which has been noted throughout many serpent worshipping cultures. Again if my speculation has offended I apologise

I apologise for not being an anthropologist and not being able to determine the womens rites regarding bullroarers, is there an equivalent?? All the links posted in this thread have only ever mentioned males being able to have the experience. Could the womenfolk have herbal drug induced visits with the rainbow serpent instead?

Im not a ufo type a person so even I think this is far fetched but in the spirit of the thread I will throw it in the wind. Could the bullroarer be calling up actual physical UFOs as opposed to causing altered states?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
The thread has strayed way beyond hyper-speculation, I'll take my leave, all the best.

Oh come on, we´re just doing a little bit of thinking. Not proposing any "truth" or anything. Just some innocent extrapolation.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
Could the bullroarer be calling up actual physical UFOs as opposed to causing altered states?

If you consider that some believe you have to have a slightly altered state in order to perceive UFOs, then the answer would be: Both.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

“Mutant Messages Down Under” by Marlo Morgan is special to me because I have read that book myself.
It is indeed a very interesting read, and I strongly recommend it to those who are interested in the aboriginal people and the meaning of live.
There are some remarkable things in it, for example the conclusion of Marlo Morgan that those people are capable of communicate telepathically with each other.
That she as a doctor herself witnessed in the midst of the bush that very impressive and miraculous cure of that complicated broken leg of were the bone stick 5 cm outside the skin.
The man who had that accident walked the day after the cure without even limping, can you imagine that.

Nice.

Which confirms my personal belief which is at odds with what most Ufologists believe: Spirituality / Altered States and UFOlogy are interlinked.

"Nuts and Bolts" Ufology is not enough to grasp the whole phenomenon.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
some interesting digging here.

as wang te and others here and especially you realize, there is much, much, much, much more to be dug up.

The challenge is in finding the time to undo all the surface-layers of religious and scientific dogma to present a case that cannot easily be debunked. If only I had the time. In some distant future when Im old and retired, this would be a worthwhile way to spend time.

Until then we rely on each other, each of us adding a piece to the puzzle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join