It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Serpents

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is what stood out to me in the Enuma Elish
Ummu-Hubur [Tiamat] who formed all things,
Made in addition weapons invincible; she spawned monster-serpents,
Sharp of tooth, and merciless of fang;
With poison, instead of blood, she filled their bodies.
Fierce monster-vipers she clothed with terror,
With splendor she decked them, she made them of lofty stature.
Whoever beheld them, terror overcame him,
Their bodies reared up and none could withstand their attack.
She set up vipers and dragons, and the monster Lahamu,
And hurricanes, and raging hounds, and scorpion-men,
And mighty tempests, and fish-men, and rams;
They bore cruel weapons, without fear of the fight.
Her commands were mighty, none could resist them;
After this fashion, huge of stature, she made eleven [kinds of] monsters.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Maybe we are over complicating it.

Perhaps the Rainbow Serpent is simply a Wave carrying Light.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
We probably are, or it could have been a colorful comet. We have definately aquired some interesting serpent information, that I was not aware of. I have a new found appreciation for old myths.OT(how is the new endeavor going?)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Thoughts eminating from the neuro processer, electric bio computer, aka the brain.

Waves of information leave the head in the form of a light wave, traveling to meet a similar of opposing force and then it transforms and becomes a form of creation.

The Head,
The Head, The head is where Zuez's daughter was from you know.

A Serpent, or anything with the letter S denotes movement.

Speaking of SEX, Sperm is a Swimmer in the Womb of life. It wiggles until it finds form. The light * rainbow* allows it to LIVE. Therefore the Serpent and the Rainbow may just be desire clothed with Life to allow expression and manifestation. Now if it was to find the Tree of LIfe it may be able to live forever based on a system of contstant nurishment and a process similar to photosynthisis. Yet the WAVE or the S movement must encapsulate or be infused with the Light of the Ray, or Rainbow to continue it's journey. Just one color would limit, yet the 7 colors of the rainbow allow many adventures for one curvy line,.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ok, you're cut off. Just kidding..

But then there is the spiral. How does that fit in? unless it is a spiraling wave. Energy and light spiraling out into the universe or down from. DNA, dragons, health, fertility, tree of life, the egg, wisdom, yin yang, the feminine principle, the heavens, sacrifice, cows, flying dragons, and the good old ufo?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well, darling.

You have a LINE _________________

And you have a S ~~~~~~~ Or curve. A line is fixed and a curve can do anything,. All those things you mentioned in your last post.

Can you not make a spiral with an S. What about a figure 8 the magicians symbol? SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssprial.

You must have the curve. Linear is so, well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,linear.

Feminine, blood, swim to the egg, penetrate it and BINGO, LIFE!

And Pineal gland is only available to leak it's fluid with the spiral of the Ida and Pingala making a singing noise to vibrate it into movement. Based on the postive and negative force of the symbolic snakes up the Staff of the Spine. Even the spine is flexable with it's vertabra!

Come on, girl. Take it deeper.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I don't think I can pull anything more from my hat, except Kundalini. I was never very good at yoga. Serpentine energy.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I knew that the reptillians were all homosexual...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
I knew that the reptillians were all homosexual...
Lmao, You read that whole link didn't you..
Ok, just for you interestedalways, I found one more thing...sprialing serpentine lightyou have to look past the title.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

The goat, the ram, or horses appear as companions of weather gods or as animals that pull the thundering sky vehicle. In other cultures thunderbirds are the companions of the thunder gods or are the lightning itself. The lightning bird Zu, or Imdugud, occurs in ancient Mesopotamia, and the Garuda (with Wadjra) in Vedic India. Thunderbirds are represented (sometimes with arrows or spears in their bills or fangs) on archaeological artifacts of the Bronze Age in Dodona in Greece, Minussinsk in Siberia, and Dong Son in Vietnam and on pots in northern Peru; they are described in myths of the Pueblo and prairie Indians of North America and among eastern and southern Africans.

Animals held responsible for holding the rain or water back (frogs, snakes, or mythological dragons) must be challenged. The sound of rain or thunder is produced with bull-roarers, whistling, noise pots, rattles, and chains. If excessive rain is to be stopped, the injunction to perform or refrain from certain acts (e.g., the prohibition of washing, boiling water, burning objects, making noise, and whistling) must be observed.

The rainbow often is considered a being, generally in the form of an animal, who swallows and holds back rain or water. The rainbow serpent (as a double bow also conceived as bisexual) is a figure that is found especially in the tropics of Africa, South Asia, northern Australia (where it is called Ungud), and Brazil. Elsewhere the rainbow is viewed as a heavenly bridge that connects the worlds of gods and men: the Bifröst bridge in the Edda, the bridge of the soul boats in Indonesia or of the creator god in Africa, and the path of the Greek goddess Iris. In Christian iconography the rainbow is the throne of Christ; among Arabs and some Bantu of Central Africa it is the bow of god, and among the Nandi, the Masai, and the Californian Yuki it is the robe of god.

The lightning bird Zu, or Imdugud, occurs in ancient Mesopotamia, and the Garuda (with Wadjra)
This name sounds and looks alot like our Aborigine's spirits doesn't it? source

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
When you look at a rainbow, it looks most like a snake than any other creature. And primitive peoples would not be able to explain it. If you put yourself in their mindset it would probably be a pretty awe inspiring sight. This could explain why so many mythologies feature a rainbow serpent.

However, ithe info presented here is tantalizing. I'm just giving another guess as to why all the rainbow serpent business.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yes, it does, but to assume they didn't know a lot more than we do about the "heavens" would be a mistake I think. They were closer to nature, and closer to the original events. I think we should take their word for it, but we have to decipher it based on our knowledge now (or lack there of). It just can't be a coincidence, there are too many instances of it having an important meaning in too many cultures. We have evidence of larged boned humans, we have evidence that man walked with dinosaurs, we have evidence of ancient technology we don't understand and some we do. Large people would be more able to lift all these massive stone blocks. Gold alchemy technology is lost. Crystal tech is less known. Pyramids are misunderstood I think. There is so much to it.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Here is an interesting thread from Internos on Giants Sardinia ATS There is a picture of a large bone found. And there are many more, and some may have been lost by the Smithsonian. If we could dig in Iraq, I would bet there would be many many more.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

The rainbow often is considered a being, generally in the form of an animal, who swallows and holds back rain or water. The rainbow serpent (as a double bow also conceived as bisexual) is a figure that is found especially in the tropics of Africa, South Asia, northern Australia (where it is called Ungud), and Brazil. Elsewhere the rainbow is viewed as a heavenly bridge that connects the worlds of gods and men: the Bifröst bridge in the Edda, the bridge of the soul boats in Indonesia or of the creator god in Africa, and the path of the Greek goddess Iris. In Christian iconography the rainbow is the throne of Christ; among Arabs and some Bantu of Central Africa it is the bow of god, and among the Nandi, the Masai, and the Californian Yuki it is the robe of god.

I said I wasnt going to post on ATS anymore - after someone said I had been in constant violation of the ATS terms and conditions - because I ramble too much and go off topic all the time but those terms are a little ambiguous
so I am back lol I think the snake and bridge do go hand in hand - perhaps the rainbow is a River ( The celestial river of the underworld ) ??? In most of the myths mentioned above the journey is nearly always made by boat ???

Apep was a demon of the underworld, in the form of a giant water snake. He was the opposite of order, a demon of darkness and chaos. He was created when Nit spat into the primeval waters of Nun. He was the enemy of the sun god and tried to stop him as he travelled on his boat through the underworld each night. ( EACH NIGHT - does the journey represent time ) ???

I have always thought the Cosmic Serpent was primordial and according to legend he was created at the beginning of time, and lived in the primeval waters. 'Great Snake'

His roar was so loud that it shook the underworld. He was called 'Enemy of Ra', 'World Encircler' and 'Serpent of Rebirth'.

Serqet ( Goddess of venomous creatures ) used her magic to protect the boat from Apep.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I wouldn't stop posting until the admin bans or warns you, not the members. Off topic is a nice diversion once in a while from the intense seriousness here at ATS. And, it seems more like a real conversation, because it is human to add our personality to the discussion once in a while.

The Serpent is looking more and more mischievous here. Is it something to fear?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Yes well my thoughts are all over the place - I could not contain them if I tried lol My gut instincts tell me the snake is primordial - that is why I was focusing on the fish symbology - along the same lines as evolution. I have always wondered how the material universe evolved and from what ??? For me primordial is similar to the Australian Aboriginal Dreamtime ( great oceans of images - visions alot like our subconscious mind ) extremely powerful - the snake can transcend ( many realms / dimensions ) I think the snake can take on many forms - it can be dark or light - it is older than time itself - I think it is the unknown - invisible elements that hold and bind all dimensions and spheres of existence together. But don't ask me to prove it I cant lol

[edit on 7-7-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I do the same thing and I haven't been asked to stop posting yet.
If I stop posting, it will be because I get bored, or side-tracked.

I won't ask you to prove it. It sounds nice actually.

Better than this Lillith stuff...

Lilith is further associated with the Anzu bird — Kramer translates the Anzu as owls, but most often it is translated as eagle, vulture, or a bird of prey — lions, owls, and serpents, which are animals associated with the Lilitu. It is from this mythology that the later Kabbalah depictions of Lilith as a serpent in the Garden of Eden and her associations with serpents are probably drawn.[19][20] Other legends describe the malevolent Anzu birds as "lion-headed" and pictures them as eagle monsters,[21] likewise to this a later amulet from Arslan Tash site features a sphinx like creature with wings devouring a child and has an incantation against Lilith or similar demons,[22] incorporating Lilith's correlating animals of lions and owls.
source

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Bird and snake symbology do seem to go hand in hand. The snake being the earthbound element and the bird ( wings ) representing spirit. Yin and Yang. Most of my dreams of snakes ( Dare I use the word Dream bit off topic
) but lets just call it my external source of information lol have always incorporated elements of these two symbols ( the snake and in my case the eagle ) therefore I think the correlation is Archetypical.

Lillith seems closer to the blood - sacrifice mythology: When I posted my comments earlier about ( blood rituals and sacrifice ) I did not expand on those thoughts and I think that played havoc with my subconscious because that night I had the worst nightmare. I was semi conscious - I was burning up - felt like I had a terrible fever - I felt like Virgil and Dante - on a journey through the realms of the dead. I have traversed that realm before but most of my past experiences have been heavenly and spiritual -but this time it was horrible - I watched and witnessed a sacrifice - heard the screams and torture - as I was in a lucid dream state I tried to change the scene from one of horror to one of peace and bliss - but I could not - any attempts I made were in vain because everytime I tried - I was dragged back to this horrible realm of tortured souls ( It was hell ) and when I finally managed to wake myself up I saw and sensed something staring back at me - but through a veil - so I was hidden from view . That vision haunted me for days - I just hope I did not drag something back up with me when I woke lol NOT funny really - There are layers to this existence ( our life ) that the majority of people are not even aware of - but believe me they are there.

And so I don't get in trouble for going too far off topic - after having the dream - I thought about the nine circles in Hell ?? Like a giant snakes body and Satan in the centre ???

Virgil guides Dante through the nine circles of Hell. The circles are concentric, representing a gradual increase in wickedness, and culminating at the center of the earth, where Satan is held in bondage. Each circle's sinners are punished in a fashion fitting their crimes: each sinner is afflicted for all of eternity by the chief sin he committed. People who sinned but prayed for forgiveness before their deaths are found in Purgatory -- where they labor to be free of their sins -- not in Hell. Those in Hell are people who tried to justify their sins and are unrepentant. Furthermore, those in hell have knowledge of the past and future, but not of the present.

So I will now expand my thoughts about the blood - sacrifice - clear my conscience lol The sacrifice must come from oneself - it must be a sacrifice made in the name of LOVE - the death is spiritual / metaphysical the ancients tried to take short cuts and cheat - they wanted the treasure of knowledge and power without ever having to make a single sacrifice themselves - so they used an innocent soul for their own selfish ends. It is important to remember for every negative there is only another negative -drop one pebble of negativity into the waters of life and that one event will have endless repercussions. Every action has a consequence let your conscience guide you and let every ripple from the pebble ( action ) be a positive influence that will expand eternally - leaving a beautiful profound imprint ( your imprint ) on all dimensions of existence.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hey everyone - I think Lilith and others in history have been renamed and confused with others depending on the geographics and time - so its really hard to figure out which one is 'more right' than another.... It's my thought that the serpent is representative of DNA and that Lilith is Orion - I can't begin to document and reference as well as most of you do on here ( totally impressive ) as I simply don't have the time (and focus) to get through it - it seems all religions and indiginous tribes have the same bottom line - gods from the sky - or waters - and the names Ea and Enlil constantly arise because I believe they were the first here. And I think because they had genetic capabilities the dna symbol was translated by simple beings as snakes (not to mention a race of reptilian beings being the females here from Orion) - And I also think that Lilith is still here and is the most recent force behind the NWO - how's that for a leap

My main references are the Terra Papers as well as personal time spent with other researchers years ago no longer in the mainstream. I cannot prove or have multitudes of resources but would suggest this is likely the case - that Ra (much evidence he took over entirely - literally - and usurped the previous powers with the grays alliance ) but I also believe he may have been usurped himself by the grays and Lilith - known as the rebel queen.... Hmm...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kshaund

Interesting that you bring up EA - last year I was doing some research on the Hopi Indians and in one of their myths about the endtime prophecy and the great purification they mention :

The True White Brother will bring with him two great, intelligent and powerful helpers, one of whom will have a sign of a swastika (a masculine symbol of purity), and the sign of the sun. The second great helper will have the sign of a celtic cross with red lines (representing female life blood) between the arms of the cross.

The celtic cross got my attention : So through the help of some wonderful friends I found connections between the Dogons - Egypt - Hopi and of all places Ireland. William Henry wrote about a possible connection between the Irish Sun God Fin and E.A.

The Sun God Fin wore flowered garments, with a double-pointed headdress. A two-headed miter of fishy form , spotted or checkered garment and basket in hand, which were all according to William Henry symbols that are easily recognizable in the Sumerian depiction of E.A.

His column (i, eye) or pillar of Tara (‘enlightenment’) is remembered as the Tree of the Wisdom of Life of numerous traditions.

E.A. was typified with wings and a tail, and as the wisdom-bearing serpent who dwelled within the Tree.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by destiny-fate]

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join