It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Serpents

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Here is a great pic of the Serpent Mound...

KTK

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Originally posted by seagrassAll I can see is your avi's Mitre/hat. lol. I posted an earlier link to some Indian myths, it might be in there somewhere.

Ah yes, that is Saint Isidore of Seville, soon to be the official patron saint of the Internet.

And those relics might have gender, but they aint from these here parts.

The search term is AKANKHEYYA SUTTA. Therein is many a wonder. I will look for her there.

I like her. Proof that behind every great man there is a great women. There is much much more to her but this isnt the thread to drag it through. Thanks for the nugget.

I suppose this is the question that has not been answered enough for me me throughout this thread. Where do females fit in this when it seems they are excluded from most ancient and contempory rites and rituals. Are females even allowed to know the serpent? Whats going on here?

A way to check could be to look at matriarchal societies and see if there is any serpent lore.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The amazons? Purely matriarchal, and serpent -sh.
Legend of the PiasaThis is a new to me dragon lore. flying feathery serpent.
good giant lore

[edit on 25-6-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Tree Goddesses of Ancient Egypt

Perhaps the huluppu was the World Tree, which connects heaven, earth, and underworld.Inanna rescued the huluppu tree at the time of beginnings, "when what was needful had first come forth." Is it possible that the huluppu tree was among the "needful"? Perhaps the huluppu was the World Tree, which connects heaven, earth, and underworld (Campbell 1965: 486-89). In other mythologies, the World Tree usually has a serpent in its roots and often a bird in its branches (Campbell 1964: 41).

source
look at her feet.

KTK

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I did a bit of sniffing around about serpent mounds, they are everywhere. They are even building a road through a stone age one in the UK. They are all the same with very little differences all over the world. It seems they also work as calanders and mark the solstices etc.

futurethought.pbwiki.com...

An very interesting article with a scottish serpent mound picture half way down. There is a fair bit to digest in the article but it may explain some of the Tara connections.

www.sacredconnections.co.uk...

Im about to look into star of the sea symbolism, stella maris. Mary, marine,ma.

Also the real cinderella myths maybe related. Each culture had thier own version. Im trying to find good back up sources, but its not easy when dealing with myth and fairy tales.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Christmas day (December 25th) was usurped and inaccurately fixed by Christians from the Roman festival of Mithra. It came in turn from the Celt festival of the winter solstice, an astronomical event the druids observed to set the exact beginning of the new solar year - the same calculation brahmins made in India."
I found this from your source to be particularly interesting.

and I just noticed that over in Tara, December 21st is significant to a Japanese tradition. Winter solstice and Harvest seem to be related to our green goddesses. Maybe "they" did teach us agriculture by way of the stars. and this...

The ring bears the miniature Lingam and Yoni, of Hindu adoration: round and over which is wreathed the Serpent; on either side is the Sacred Bull....After suggesting the reasons which occur at first sight of the ring, for pronouncing it to be of Hindu origin,
the number three was significant to both cultures too.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by seagrass]

[edit on 26-6-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It looks as though Dzyan is a bit of a digression in this thread, but those who are interested I had a book published a few years ago by Findhorn Press, re-interpreting the Book of Dzyan using Blavatsky's explanations from the Secret Doctrine. The book is O Lanoo! and was quite well received in theosophical circles. There are some extracts online at www.olanoo.com which will give you a flavour.
Apologies for barging in on this discussion.
Harvey Tordoff

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Asarte Goddess

An elaborate terra-cotta cult stand from ancient Taanach in northern Israel may have been used in the worship of Astarte (Gadon 1989:174, Figure 97). Just over twenty-one inches in height, it dates to the tenth century BCE, during the period when the Israelites were establishing themselves in the land (Hadley 2000:169). In the center of the bottom level, as if underpinning everything, stands a naked goddess controlling two flanking lions. The second register contains an empty, door-like space flanked by winged sphinxes wearing goddess locks. On the next level, two ibexes nibble at a sacred tree, a scene which is flanked by lions. The top register is occupied by a quadruped, either a bull calf or a young horse, which strides between two door posts. Above it is a rayed or winged sun disc.

The female figure on the bottom register underpins everything; she is the foundation of all and so queen of heaven, earth, and underworld. She is both life and death, the latter present in the menacing lions which she controls. Above her, there looms both the door to her shrine and the mystic entrance to her realm both on earth and in the underworld. More important, it is the symbol of her essential nature: like Sumerian Inanna, she embodies change (Stuckey 2001:95). To enter into her realm is to undergo transformation, whether by dying on the battlefield, being born, falling in love, engaging in sexual activity, or leaving the ordinary and, through ritual, entering sacred time and space. The tree on level three is yet another statement of the goddess's presence, and, like her, it has its branches in the heavens, its trunk on the earth, and its roots reaching toward the world beneath the earth (Stuckey 2001:101). The animal on the fourth level, which I think may be a bull calf, probably represents her consort, the storm god, whose function it is to bring rain to fertilize the earth so that the life cycle can go on.
Matrifocus.com ( there was no link button loading)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The first example refers to the story of Theseus who killed the Minotaur at the labyrinth of Knossos. On his way back to Athens, Theseus stopped at Delos where he offered sacrifice to the gods for having saved him. During the sacrifice, he danced a dance with serpentine movements which represented his tortuous path through the maze and the tight ring in which the fight with the Minotaur took place. This is the dance of the labyrinth or Geranos ( Geranos ) as it is known in the ancient texts. Historians put this myth at the time of the power of the Minoan civilization, that is more than 3000 years ago.

Greek serpentine dancing that may have originated in Minoan times or earlier...

Other researchers claim that winding patterns are very common in the dances of many people. However, in most other regions these dances and formations are associated with the snake. In the Greek world, however, these dances are associated with Theseus and the labyrinth.
dance history

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Have a look around here. Absolutely stunning photo of an ancient "Bird Man" with what lookd like a pinecone in his hand. It could be a mask, but it is still a wonderful carving you should see. I want one.Assyriayou will have to click on the Annuaki button to get to it. [No pix can be linked or reproduced from this site.]Also click on the figurines that look like little greys. On the cylinder section there is what looks like a strand of DNA.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by seagrass]

KTK

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Great links there! You find amazing stuff and have educated me along the way, I almost feel I owe you a tuition fee.

Im not having much luck finding serpents in matriarchal societies and the rites and rituals pertaining to them. I think this is cause white anthropologists group political decisions into the criteria of matriarchal. But if we look at matrilinial then we stumble upon something that may tie into the grand scheme of things.

en.wikipedia.org...

Indonesia
en.wikipedia.org...

PNG
en.wikipedia.org...

China
en.wikipedia.org...

I think we would find that this was the way things were all over the world before our pale ancestors suffered Seasonal affective disorder from the ice age.(one of my stupid thoeries on why us pale folk are so odd)

Ill be back with more cause I went to the state library and found a gem. I know what the Wandjinas are.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Im not having much luck finding serpents in matriarchal societies and the rites and rituals pertaining to them. I think this is cause white anthropologists group political decisions into the criteria of matriarchal. But if we look at matrilinial then we stumble upon something that may tie into the grand scheme of things.
Matrifocal is what that Matrifocus.com site is about I think. From your wiki source they list animals who are matriarchal. Naked Mole Rats, I had to laugh at that one. It would be a great name for a band.
I am deep into a site about the Anunaki which I think Sky will like once I get through it. It follows a similar vein with the Terra Papers and it is channeled. Although he may already know about it.
If it isn't a complete version of ancient astronauts I don't know what is.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Ill be back with more cause I went to the state library and found a gem. I know what the Wandjinas are.
I am looking forward to it. And I am learning right along with you. But thanks for the support.

KTK

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The worship of the serpent, John Bathurst Deane. Published 1833.

www.sacred-texts.com...

I have not read just about to, just found it.

Again I love that site.

I will be back with my compiled Aboriginal perspective of the Wandjinas.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Do you suffer from SAD in Australia? That surprises me! I thought it was just us Oregonians & those above the 45th parallel. My closest biggest town, Salem, sits right on it.
about 15 miles from here. (talk about pale!! and mossy!!)

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
AnunnakiEnki~Marsthis info is copyrighted, but has some scientific quotes Sky might be able to use for his latest debate on Martians.Alien life can survive trip to Mars
Ancient BattlesMemories of Anunnaki
Tomb of Gilgamesh
There is a bit of reading here, and it is channeled, but facinating none the less. I read it all. Now I am going for more....
more
I would recommend reading this before the Terra Papers because it is written better and I only read the first few pages of the TP and then scanned up to about page 20, but I had to make myself do that much.

temple of luminaries> the channel(off topic but interesting articles)The Goddess

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
snakes on sacrifical burial artifact
Marduk~WikiNotice the cylinder drawing of Marduk and his DRAGON
Hanging garden of BabylonOne of the missing seven wonders of the ancient world was said to have the tower of Babel which was built in Marduk's honor.
umm....Marduk
by Micha F. Lindemans
Literally, "bulf calf of the sun". The son of Ea, and leader of the gods. He was a fertility god, but originally a god of thunderstorms. His consort was Sarpanitu
According to Enuma Elish, an ancient epic poem of creation, Marduk defeated Tiamat and Kingu, the dragons of chaos, and thereby gained supreme power. Acknowledged as the creator of the universe and of humankind, the god of light and life, and the ruler of destinies, he rose to such eminence that he claimed 50 titles. Eventually, he was called simply Bel, meaning "Lord."
source

were the sacrifices of bulls for Marduk? Towe of Ba-BEL?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[edit on 1-7-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Enuma ElishEpic of Creation. One of 7 tablets

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
So are we tying in planet x and Nibiru in our sacred knot? I never expected my snake searches to lead me to this stuff. In almost all of the king carvings and photos I have seen the Annunaki king is holding a round thing with a line attached to it. I am very curious what that is, but i haven't found anything about it yet. There are a lot of threads on ATS about the Annunaki it seems.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join