It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Serpents

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
GREEN BEADS

In other examples of the Dogon mimicking the appearance of the Nummo, members of the tribe wore a circlet of green beads on their temples to mimic the Nummos' glittering forehead and necklaces to represent the wrinkles of the Serpent's neck. This circlet of green beads on the Nummos' temple and the Nummos' wrinkled neck are also characteristics of iguanas. The two red beads members of the tribe wore on their nostrils signified the Nummos' red eyes.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KTK

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Reply to seagrass, interestedalways, KTK:

I hadnt looked at this thread in a week and was surprised to find it live and well. Thanks ladies. As for the off-topic remarks on who I am or am not: Im just an ATS-poster involved in conversation

Squarely busted you Mr Sky, you are a Terton.

One of the special requirements for the discovery of termas is the inspiration of the feminine principle, just as it was necessary for their concealment. The great majority of tertön's have been men, and generally they are accompanied by their wives or female companions (who need not necessarily have a sexual relationship with them). Alternatively, something representing the tertön's complementary energy, whether male or female, must be present.

en.wikipedia.org...
clearly! He is

In this way, one may see the tradition of terma and tertön as analogous to that of inspiration and providing a legitimate cultural forum to ensure continuation of tantric tradition
from your source

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrassThree dead Freemason grandfathers so far.... is it a sign?

Signs and portents are in heaven my friend. The Earth is full of wonders.

Make that four dead Freemason grandfathers.

I too am here with my Cosmic Consort. There is another myth I lost a link to long ago, an Indian queen who spoke of heavenly lights moving to and fro, their being women traveling through the universe to their husbands.

I would like to find that if anyone recalls...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Female serpent statues found in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Welcome Matyas! I am sure you will have much to add then, coming from our same inspirational background. Or maybe we are all reincarnated Dogons?

[edit on 24-6-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
COW

the figure on the right has a somewhat protruding nose that almost resembles a cow's nose. This is significant because in Egyptian mythology, the Nummo were associated with Isis, who is sometimes known as the "cow of heaven."

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
SUN

Even though the "twin" Nummo were identified as being self-fertilizing androgynous beings, the Dogon people perceived them as feminine. They were identified with the sun, which was a female symbol. The jackal, on the other hand, was a single-sexed male. He was the defective offspring identified with the moon.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Sonar/heiroglyphics

The religion indicates that the reason the experiment failed was because the Nummo neglected to take into account the problem of combining their androgynous, spiritually developed DNA with the DNA of single-sexed, unevolved, mortal animals. The Nummo were unaware that their spiritual essence was connected to their biological essence, and tampering with one affected the other. Since the Nummo spent most of their time in water, they probably communicated using sonar in the same way that dolphins do. When a dolphin communicates with sonar, it not only "sees" the object but can tell something about its internal structure. Human vision, on the other hand, stops at the surface of the object being seen.26 This aspect of sonar communication may have been why the Nummo had a spiritual connection with each other and with other plants and animals. The jackal, who was more like humans, lacked this connection
Ok, I think I done with the symbolism of the Dogon. I am getting loopy and all I can see is the Pope in a mitre/hat.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Originally posted by seagrassThree dead Freemason grandfathers so far.... is it a sign?

Signs and portents are in heaven my friend. The Earth is full of wonders.

Make that four dead Freemason grandfathers.

I too am here with my Cosmic Consort. There is another myth I lost a link to long ago, an Indian queen who spoke of heavenly lights moving to and fro, their being women traveling through the universe to their husbands.

I would like to find that if anyone recalls...
All I can see is your avi's Mitre/hat. lol. I posted an earlier link to some Indian myths, it might be in there somewhere.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Maybe it is because those statues look like they are wearing Mitre hats.....

[edit on 24-6-2008 by seagrass]and look at this little guy he has one too...
called a casque

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrassAll I can see is your avi's Mitre/hat. lol. I posted an earlier link to some Indian myths, it might be in there somewhere.

Ah yes, that is Saint Isidore of Seville, soon to be the official patron saint of the Internet.

And those relics might have gender, but they aint from these here parts.

The search term is AKANKHEYYA SUTTA. Therein is many a wonder. I will look for her there.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
Or maybe we are all reincarnated Dogons?

Dogon it!

Originally quoted by seagrass

Ok, I think I done with the symbolism of the Dogon. I am getting loopy and all I can see is the Pope in a mitre/hat.

That is too funny!

[edit on 24-6-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It was Queen Chudala!

Thank you for jogging my memory.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
you are right, I have never met reptillian mermaids in miter hats from Iraq. Patron saint of the internet... I like it.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Yes it is too funny

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OEAOHOO
reply to post by Skyfloating

As for serpents..they're seminal to all proto-religions..why??

I think the answer can be found in The Terra Papers - though your evaluation may differ. A couple of threads here are:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
and
www.abovetopsecret.com... (with a helpful glossary on page 19)

And the Papers themselves can be found at the link in my sig...

[edit on 6/24/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It is amazing how he doesn't look so scary with this one on...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So in Sky's other thread, they are describing Tara as green or white. The Nummo were supposedly green skinned. One of the Aztec goddesses were called something that meant "skirt of snakes". I can't find the link again.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
It is amazing how he doesn't look so scary with this one on...

He looks downright silly, if you ask me... LOL!

I wonder why the red...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I would guess blood. But that's just me.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join