It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

I signed up through UNR's Seismological Labs to host equipment on my property (they're looking for volunteers). Still waiting to hear from them. I want to know what's going on when I feel movement here, but it never shows up on the USGS EQ site. Maybe too small, less than .06

Frankly, the larger EQ's followed by a few aftershocks were easier to handle for me. Boom, done, over with. This constant shaking has a cumulative effect after a few months. Just when you begin to relax, there's a 3.5 to remind you to be on edge again. And the experts shrugging their shoulders doesn't help either.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DearWife

ELKO, Nevada: Just outside the chasm of the biggest open-pit gold mine in North America, there is an immense, ever-flowing oasis in the middle of the Nevada desert. It is an idyllic and isolated spot where migratory birds often alight for a stopover. But hardly anything about it is natural.

This is water pumped from the ground by Barrick Gold of Toronto to keep its vast Goldstrike mine from flooding, as the third-largest gold company in the world carves a canyon 1,600 feet, or 485 meters, below the northern Nevada aquifer.

Gold mines drain nearly 10 million gallons, or 38 million liters, a day in the driest state in America and the fastest growing one, propelled by the demographic rocket of Las Vegas. It is just one of the many strange byproducts of the tangled Nevada love affair with gold.

this is very interesting, what happens to all the empty caverns of what used to be filled with water?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

yeah, thats what i dont like.... the constant vibration...shakes

I will have to check the site out also, and maybe sign up

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have to run out it's my daughters birthday and get her a cake I'm to lazy to make a crooked one, lol.

This has me really concerned and I will check USGS and count the quakes, please be careful and use your senses as you have been doing.

My best

edit to add
(((( this is a fluid thread right now please check my last post on page 3.)))))

[edit on 21-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Is there any possibility that these two areas in Cal. and the Reno area can be connected. I'm not liking this right now please report in.

Charlotte King may answer this question for you next time she posts here. I think, many areas can be part of one "system", so to speak. It's a good question. I asked her a similar question this morning regarding the USGS map of the USA and the odd little "trails" of earthquakes migrating from the SoCal coast to the southern Sierras, up through Nevada, branching off into Utah and up towards Yellowstone. I'll have to wait until she's home from work tonight to see what she says.

Hopefully, Charlotte can address this for us.

Edit to add: USGS map of USA

earthquake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 5/21/08 by kattraxx]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Our links in the original post are now working, thanks to 12m8keall2c, who spent the past hour working on this for us.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Okay, what the heck is going on.

I checked the USGS quake list this morning and it had 2 quakes listed on it, one Reno, one Mogul I believe.

I looked aroundwent back and I see now a list with a total of 27 quakes on it instead of 2. I went out came home and it's back to 2.

Okay, what I am coming up with is at 8:26:45 the quakes for today listed count 27 at 10:32:19 only 2 are listed what happened to the other25. Seems they updated the 2 at 10:36:34 with different depth.

Why would they have eliminated 25 quakes, I did manage to print a copy of the 27 at the 8 o'clock The 10:32 I didn't get it changed just as I was going to print. 10:36 was still up at beginning of writing this.

Doesn't make sense, do you have any ideas why they would eliminate 25 quakes.

edit to add: I can't believe I just went back and it has a 11:00:03 update still only 2 listed. Seems they are updating this quite often and changing things around so we know someone somewhere is right on this but what the heck are they doing?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

We have noticed a lot of weirdness with updates of quakes, and both kattraxx and myself have felt movement, with nothing listed, and seen listing of quakes that we should have felt, but never noticed.
I wish I had an answer to this, its bad enough when you cant get the info you need, but worse when you see something, then its gone.
I checked some quakes that i felt as they happened, and they were little ones, but hours after they ended, the listings were changed.... location, depth, magnitude... I can understand upgrading a magnitude, but location and depth should never change, it originated from 1 point......

[edit on 21-5-2008 by damntheptb]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm glad the 2 of u picked that up. I think it's like we are only going to get what they think we need to know maybe.

These people are playing with human lives they better cover there a&&es real good.

edit to add: They are still updating but not adding on.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
its 2:36 on my cpu, and i just had a real weird "wave" go through me from my feet up to my head.... never ever felt that before.... not a chill, definitly a "wave"....

not sure what to think, but i hope its nothing, its been pretty quiet since 2am, according to quake.usgs.gov...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I'm guessing because Reno is a tourist town. Lots of bad news gets supressed. I've seen EQ's "disappear" from the list too.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I was talking to a friend of mine today who I hadn't seen in a couple months and she told me her cat disappeared a few weeks ago-- never to be seen again, just like SpaceDoubt's cat. He also lives in Reno.

The animals know.

I still hope their cats will come home again when all of this is over.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I see the 2 you listed for today maybe they are now keeping seperate lists because all the ones in Ca. near Mammoth Lake and surrounding areas aren't there.

Seems the USGS has been keeping an eye on that area for a very long time with the geysers and all, I bet it's getting more active. I read where a large area had dead trees because of the CO2 coming up out of the ground and they monitor for safety reasons.

If trees are dying because of the CO2 coming out of there. I would say that is a major problem in my eyes.

I wonder if that Sulfur is still being smelled at Lake Tahoe?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

You know, I haven't been able to confirm there is a sulphur smell at Lake Tahoe. I have a friend who lives there and I email back and forth with her and she has not smelled sulphur there. But... her brother did mention smelling "rotten eggs" when he was in Carson City.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Updating "symptoms".

Headache across eyes now, but mostly in right temple, fairly intense. Mid-back pain, center. Hawaii? Close-up vision just terrible today and I don't wear glasses either. Pacific NW? Dogs seem normal, but I've been gone most of the day. The rottweiler behind my back fence did knock out a couple fence slats. And I did see an ant in the living room-- I've been here eight years and I've never seen an ant in my living room....

I noticed today while out and about, that birds were swooping low right in front of my vehicle and I thought I would hit them, but barely missed them. They seemed "suicidal". Saw a squashed squirrel in the road too.

Julia's missing cat is the third I've heard about. My next door neighbor's cat just disappeared in March. I used to feed Cumin when they were out of town. He always stayed between their yard and mine. He just disappeared and never came home.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
1.1 2008/05/21 16:41:19 39.530N 119.912W 0.0 4 km ( 3 mi) ENE of Verdi-Mogul, NV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magnitude 2.8 - local magnitude (ML)
Time Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 11:20:19 AM (PDT)
Sunday, May 18, 2008 at 18:20:19 (UTC)
Distance from Wells, NV - 11 km (7 miles) NE (43 degrees)
Wilkins, NV - 29 km (18 miles) SSW (202 degrees)
Deeth, NV - 35 km (22 miles) ENE (68 degrees)
Elko, NV - 84 km (52 miles) ENE (62 degrees)

Wells has also been shaking constantly with their own EQ swarm.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More activity, as Char predicted. Picking up a bit.

1.6 2008/05/21 16:41:19 39.526N 119.913W 1.0 4 km ( 2 mi) ENE of Verdi-Mogul, NV
0.8 2008/05/21 02:10:52 39.529N 119.938W 2.0 2 km ( 1 mi) NE of Verdi-Mogul, NV

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Date-Time Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 23:57:06 UTC
Wednesday, May 21, 2008 at 05:57:06 PM at epicenter

Location 37.514°N, 112.290°W
Depth 0.2 km (~0.1 mile) (poorly constrained)
Region UTAH

Ding, ding, ding--- yesterday's chills. Wasatch region.

Right now, e'd Char about sharp pain upper left rib cage and into upper arm. Mexico again?

adding this link re: frog swarms, China and Bakersfield, CA

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Interesting. I just found a video someone posted on the 15th about frogs in Bakersfield.

www.liveleak.com...

Here is the original from the news station that reported.

www.kget.com...

[edit on 5/22/08 by Vasa Croe]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I see there has been 15 small quakes throughout California didn't see anything listed for Nevada yet.

I am trying to take everything into account and I saw Hawthorne on the map which has only had a couple small quakes I think this is the location John Lear talked about there being a submarine base in the middle of the desert there... wonder if the military is blasting underground tunnels from land to waters? I wouldn't think so but you never know and thought I would throw it out there only because we talked about Pyrimid Lake. Lake Tahoe and Mammoth Lake.

After looking at everything one thing I would say is I hope it is stopped that they don't allow that Nuclear Repository in the Yucca Valley.

edit to add: I just watched the tape posted and I will admit I know nothing about Frogs but they just seemed to be confused or is this the way they would normally be. I was looking to see if they were all heading in a certain direction like let's get out of town but I couldn't make heads or tails out of it.

I looked on the map and it seems Bakersfield is much lower on the map then where these quakes are happening and this is interesting to me, I can't connect anything!

[edit on 22-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Watching Fox to see what crap they spit out today.

They are having a segment now about what would happen if a big one hit LA

A 3 min. quake of 7.8 in the study showed (and I didn't get all the information) 1800 dead 200 billion in loses Lucy Jones USGS Seismologist was saying. Fires would occur and she said this is possible in the near future on the San Andres Fault if I got this all correct.

edit to add this:

Disaster Earthquake Scenario unveiled for Southern Cal.

www.usgs.gov...

As I read this all I could think was of the government resurrecting the Telsa Earthquake Machine using it..... and claiming it's the San Andreas Fault and "B" issueing his Executive Order for Martial Law and staying in office. I know I am getting carried away but when I say Grandma looks at every angle, grandma looks at every angle.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by observe50]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join