It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by charking

Thanks for posting Charolette, and thanks for bringing your abilities to light, I personally have never heard of "sensitives" till recently, and being present for all the activity here in reno on a daily basis, a lot of what you talk about is accurate, and We would love any input you ever feel like adding.
We as people need to be more aware of our surroundings, especially other life, as it appears they can be a lot more aware of things starting to happen before they get to a level that we can.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I contacted Charlotte King while damntheptb and I were researching for this thread. Despite being a very busy woman, she is also a very gracious woman interested only in sharing her insights so people can be better prepared. Damntheptb and I both signed up to receive her e-mail alerts (they are free), and I must admit, it gives me peace of mind and a sense of having some control over this situation, in that I can prepare for a large seismic event and not be caught off guard.

www.viser.net...

Last night on Coast to Coast, Jim Berkland was on for a few minutes predicting a seismic event around Bakersfield. People there are reporting swarms of frogs, as were seen in China in the area of the EQ in the days preceding that huge seismic event. He also mentioned lost pet ads were up considerably.

Charlotte mentioned this area a few days ago in one of her e-mail alerts that I received.

Here's the deal here in the Reno area. The seismologists at UNR, USGS and other various agencies are all vehemently denying that our EQ swarm has anything to do with volcanic activity-- but rumors are flying all over the area that it does. I'd like to investigate this controversy here, pro and con, with evidence, so if you have an opinion, please let us know.

To get us started, here is a map of Nevada volcanic activity both past and present. I found it interesting to compare this map with the USGS map of recent seismic activity. I'll do more research on this later today.

vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...

[edit on 5/20/08 by kattraxx]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is a new list from USGS-- for me, that is-- add-ons, waveforms.

quake.usgs.gov...

quake.wr.usgs.gov...

What information is displayed on these plots?
Each of these plots displays seismic waveform traces from stations nearest the earthquake. In red are the picks of the first P-wave arrivals as determined by the real-time processing computer. The labels, PU, PD, or P, indicate whether the first motion is up, down, or undetermined. The pick times are used to calculate a preliminary event time and location which best fits the observations. Based on this event time and location, a predicted arrival time is calculated for each station and is plotted in green. The end of the coda is plotted in blue.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Charlotte King just phoned me (she's at work) asking if we've had any activity because she's getting symptoms for this area. Yikes. I've been getting some symptoms for S. California, but also the stomach muscle ache I've mentioned before, and my headache is back, along with a few chills, and slight dizzy spells. And my older dog was sick this morning. I did note that.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My ahem "buns" are so sensitive that I can troubleshoot SOME automobile problems. I can tell you which tire is low on air and by how much too.

Anyway, here in Central Texas we just don't have earthquakes! But we did last January!

First, in Winter we always have a lot of static electricity. The poor kitties are used to it. But, I shocked MYSELF with MYSELF!

Second, some time after that, I was at my computer and got a sudden urge to uuum - throwup. I never ever EVER get nauseated. I have a cast iron tummy it seems. I stood and put my hand over my mouth to run to the bathroom and the feeling disppeared before I could take 2 steps.

Third, the next day, then the house rocked like the laundry machine was going. I asked my spouse if we had laundry going. Negative.

It was a local earthquake! Three point something. We don't get earthquakes here!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
MAY 20 3:15 PM

For the last couple hours i have been getting some very sharp very intense, yet very short pains just below my left rib cage.. I had the same pains before the 4.7, but I cannot remember how long before, but once they hit, I instantly remembered the pains from before....

quake.usgs.gov...

[edit on 20-5-2008 by damntheptb]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
as far as the reno quakes bein volcanic in nature, all I can say is that they aren't mentioning the 'drumbeat' type quakes that happen when magma is moving underground. As for what could be the cause, I don't know, but I don't think the reno quakes are volcanic in nature, I think it's a wholly new form of earthquake that no one has seen before and that is why no one knows or recognizes what it is.

Just my thoughts on the subject,

Tela

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

TrexterZiam, thanks for posting. This is exactly the kind of information that is so intriguing.

Damntheptb, any feelings like waves of heat in your body? Hard to describe. Any chills the past 24 hours? I recall these both before and after our EQ's.

My mother told me her dog was hiding in the corner again.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Damntheptb, any feelings like waves of heat in your body? Hard to describe. Any chills the past 24 hours? I recall these both before and after our EQ's.

Last night i was hot all night, even with the A/C on, just the vibration and sharp pains under the ribcage on left

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree
as far as the reno quakes bein volcanic in nature, all I can say is that they aren't mentioning the 'drumbeat' type quakes that happen when magma is moving underground.

Tela

dont know about drumbeat, but what about this...
if you boil a pot of water, with a lid, and the steam starts pushing the lid off slightly in lots of diferent directions, It feels like that... always an up and down on the quick jolts, and dizzying round on larger ones...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hello friends,

As usual I found this through a link posted here in another thread. I have been worried about you damntheptb, I hope your wife and little one are doing okay with all this.

So it is still happening I have been waiting to hear from you. What the two of you are doing is a must everything helps when it comes to new information.

In the Aleutians area they has a decent sized quake and I believe the Moon is full for three days and tonight would be the third night I believe.

I like the way you are both giving us reports on how you feel everything counts.

In my thread which is basically dead lol a member named Lucid Lunacy wrote about a Cauldera -Long Valley Cauldera is this anywhere near by.

Have you read or heard anything new about the Sulfur smell - Lake Tahoe
I never knew about Mt. Pluto and it being an extinct Volcano it is really interesting learning how so many things there are connected.

I will look for this thread to read your updates everyday. I am Flagging this and giving you both a Star.

My best

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Observe50, I haven't been able to verify the Tahoe sulfur smell yet, but I have a friend who lives in Verdi who said their water, which they get from a well, has always smelled like rotten eggs, so much so that she has to use scented bath salts to mask the smell. I was just speaking to her half an hour ago and she mentioned a stomach ache that feels like cramps.

I believe Long Valley Caldera is a ways south of Reno. It should be on the volcanic map of Nevada posted earlier.

Thanks for your support too.

I should probably mention there are a number of hot springs all over the state, as well as geothermal power plants, and Steamboat Hot Springs is about 20 miles south of here.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Is this happening to anyone else? Every single link in my original post is bad now. I'm hoping it's just AOL.

Mods, is there a way I can fix this? My edit button is gone now.

Thanks.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

I find your left rib pains are right on. This is the location and symptom for what I term OCEANIA.. which includes, Australia, New Zealand, Paupa New Guinea, Eastern New Guinea, PNG, New Ireland, and New Britain PNG, as well as the Kermadec Islands. The time ofyour post was 3:15 Approx, I am not sure of your time zone, but there were back to back quakes tonight in Eastern New Guinea PNG.. the timeline was right on and the symptoms/location were as well. Congrats, you seem to be another sensitive. Keep up the good work.
As Kattraxx will tell you, I shared with her that I had the same kind of pains and told her about it tonight. I was not even aware of the quakes having taken place.

Charlotte

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
May 21 I checked as soon as I got up I'm on the East Coast and I'm not seeing anything which is good.

How did things go for you during the night are you still having small tremors.

I think what is happening is very unusual and thoughts could go in all directions on possible happenings but we won't know until it happens.... if anything happens.

I can only imagine how it is for you living like this, it has to be stressful to say the least. I believe the two of you are doing a great job of sensing everything for us that are interested in all that is happening with these volcano and earthquake occurrances.

As someone mentioned earlier which is even more worrisome is what if this isn't being caused by volcanoes, earthquakes? hmmmm!

I still wonder about this NASA InSar in my thread I posted about the job opportunity for Insar and what surprised me was it was for Reno, Nevada.

Is this all Nature itself or is it governmental?

Be safe

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hi Char-- thanks for posting. So that's what the left rib/kidney pain is!

quake.usgs.gov...

We're always having tremors; some days more, some days less. Char noted that Wells and Reno both had micro quakes 25 minutes apart last night.

This morning, I have the headache behind the eyes and under the top of my head and still the slight muscle ache feeling in the lower abdomen persists. Last night, the headache was more concentrated in my right temple and I had a few sharp stabbing pains and pressure in the heart area in the afternoon. A slight pain in upper left rib area, barely noticeable right now. I think most of these aches, for me, if I was not paying such close attention, I would either not notice them and certainly never make any connections with seismic activity.

Dogs seem normal-- still sleeping. Slept pretty good. Woke up around midnight, not unusual-- we had a couple micros around 1.5.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
www.nbmg.unr.edu...

scrool down to the bottom. I am having a hard time with they don't know what is going on.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

From your link, observe...

Earthquakes and groundwater subsidence detected by InSAR in the Reno-Carson City-Lake Tahoe area, funded by the US Geological Survey Earthquake Hazard Reduction Program.

And I heard there is an $8 billion water pipeline project in the works to take water from Northern Nevada to Southern Nevada next year. A lot of people up north here are fighting that one.

Edit: We're working on fixing the links in the OP.

[edit on 5/21/08 by kattraxx]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I am having a hard time with they don't know what is going on.

Thats what I'm talking about... there are a lot of experts and a lot of scientific equipment, including new sensors just installed after the swarm started... yet, still no "answers". I think the answers are right here infront of us, yet they are afraid to reveal what they think.

It just doesn't make sense.. they say "ABSOLUTLY NOT MAGMA RELATED", yet all "sensitives" ive talked to have said otherwise.
I personally think it is geothermal steam causing problems, originating from magma movement below.... the whole west coast is on top of it, and things are changing in front of us on a daily basis.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Okay, now I am getting (no not getting) I am concerned and GETTING a bad gut feeling.

I have been checking the list you posted USGS and there was only two quakes posted for today I was checking out the Mammoth Lakes area quakes (I live on the East Coast I didn't know this is in the Long Valley Cauldera that Lucid Lunacy wrote about.)

When I went back to check the two listings the list went to 27 whoa!

Is there any possibility that these two areas in Cal. and the Reno area can be connected. I'm not liking this right now please report in.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join