It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If New Free Country existed would you move?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
No, I don't live in america. I will never move, except maybe to the old city part of Jerusalem.

I live in a country which was originally founded without a king and where every man answers to nobody but God. (Norway.)
These rights have now been eroded but I still don't give a # about the laws of men.

This form of land ownership rejects all nobility, and all feudalism and states. It is called Allodial, and I am a Hauld, (the english title of Hauld which is above Baron and below Earl is derived from this, but I am subject to no man nor king.) from which is also derived the word huld, or hulde(r). This refers to the old and strong free people who were the first.
This is how I live my life. (It has nothing to do with anarchy since anarchists have no laws. I have ten laws, and some additional ones from the Torah.)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Now your thinking limit the terms of the governing of the country you call Freedom. You do not want lifers and individuals to make this a permanent occupation in the governing branches of your new limited government. My opinion the smaller the government the better.

(Thomas Jefferson Quotes)

[Quote] Enlighten the people generally and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at dawn of day.

[Quote] Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.

[Quote] Happiness is not being pained in body or troubled in mind.

[Quote] History in general, only informs us of what bad government is.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by qxlb52

Hi qxlb52, You are right in line with the thinking of Thomas Jefferson, everyone must join the military in any country when of age. Some may not be able to fight but would be able to contribute in someway or fashion in the military in a given country or "Freedom" for that matter.

(Other Quotes by Thomas Jefferson)

[Quote] He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.

[Quote] Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom

sty

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I guess i would first ask who will issue the money for the new currency. If we would talk about the same private share holders that own the FED, I would not see any point of moving. The bankers carter are the root of the evil.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Right. We wouldn't want to swap it with another system that is privately owned. So to answer: a banking system that is not privately owned.

Personally I strongly feel the 'barter system' is the best means for a corruption free economy. I think the workers income should directly correlate to his means of production.. the two should not be separated. I also am firmly against the idea of "debt".

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

Hi sty, you would have your vote on what form of currency whether it is backed by gold or silver. Many in the mythical country, called Freedom, may not want currency but would use barter as the exchange method for goods and services similar to a giant barter club with stored points accrued with vouchers in the place of money. These are only suggestions hopefully the majority rules in "Freedom". Banks? you may not want banks if you use the barter system as described.

(Thomas Jefferson Quote)

[Quote] Fix reason firmly in her seat and call to her Tribunal every fact every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind folded fear.

Rik Riley

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

How about that great minds think alike LOL. I was thinking barter not knowing what you posted. Private banks who knows what ever the settlers vote on or make a decision about on the matter in the country known as Freedom.Rik Riley

sty

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

Gold is better than the private banker. however, Gold has some issues:

1) space age could bring lots of it , from asteroids
anyway , it would not happen soon
2) the most down to earth issue - whoever would issue loans of Gold , would end up collecting all the gold on the market as the quantity is fairly limited. in several generations , we would have some bankers that would hold all the existing gold, and everyone else will be in debts towards the skilled guys.

example - if 90% of the gold would belong to people , and 10% to some bank-guys . Let us say that the bank-guys would issue Gold-loans with 5% interest rate.
In the first year of existence, the people of the Freedom land will have 89.5% of the gold, and the new bankers would have 10.5
ok- let me make a list
year Bank gold Peoples gold
% %
year 1 10.5 vs 89.5
year 2 11.03 vs 88.98
year 3 11.58 vs 88.42
year 4 12.16 vs 87.84
year 5 12.76 vs 87.24
year 6 13.4 vs 86.6
year 7 14.07 vs 85.93
year 8 14.77 vs 85.23
year 9 15.51 vs 84.49
year 10 16.29 vs 83.71
year 11 17.1 vs 82.9
year 12 17.96 vs 82.04
year 13 18.86 vs 81.14
year 14 19.8 vs 80.2
year 15 20.79 vs 79.21
year 16 21.83 vs 78.17
year 17 22.92 vs 77.08
year 18 24.07 vs 75.93
year 19 25.27 vs 74.73
year 20 26.53 vs 73.47
year 21 27.86 vs 72.14
year 22 29.25 vs 70.75
year 23 30.72 vs 69.28
year 24 32.25 vs 67.75
year 25 33.86 vs 66.14
year 26 35.56 vs 64.44
year 27 37.33 vs 62.67
year 28 39.2 vs 60.8
year 29 41.16 vs 58.84
year 30 43.22 vs 56.78
year 31 45.38 vs 54.62
year 32 47.65 vs 52.35
year 33 50.03 vs 49.97
year 34 52.53 vs 47.47
year 35 55.16 vs 44.84
year 36 57.92 vs 42.08
year 37 60.81 vs 39.19
year 38 63.85 vs 36.15
year 39 67.05 vs 32.95
year 40 70.4 vs 29.6
year 41 73.92 vs 26.08
year 42 77.62 vs 22.38
year 43 81.5 vs 18.5
year 44 85.57 vs 14.43
year 45 89.85 vs 10.15
year 46 94.34 vs 5.66
year 47 99.06 vs 0.94
year 48 104.01 vs -4.01

so, in less than 50 years the banks would cumulate all the gold of the Freedom Land. Within 100 years from the foundation of the new country , the population would have debts that are 13 times greater than the value of all existing gold!

my solution - baning the private banking. no private person to be allowed to give loans with interest. This should be done by the government (the elected government) at no interest rate. The government should be the one to decide what is the quantity of the circulating money , and no private shareholder to be ever allowed!

[edit on 12-5-2008 by sty]

[edit on 12-5-2008 by sty]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth
I'd leave in a red-hot minute. Life in this country is completely phony and the people in control are corrupt. Time to start over.

Starting over would only lead to the same result.

Look at other countries and do a real comparison. While we have our issues we are still far up there in terms of freedom.

I'll stay here, because I have the faith that things will get better, and I have the drive to try and make things better.

America has had its up and downs in its young life, but it always comes back bigger, better, and stronger.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't move away from the USA unless it became an updated version of Nazi Germany at the height of the holocaust. It would have to be seriously terrible to make other countries look any better. Theres gonna be corruption everywhere you go unless you move to some tribal area with no technology no facilities and no people. The only way to free yourself from oppression is to die or be a hermit so we just have to deal with it and keep in mind that were a very well armed nation and that everyone has free will. Thats a scary combination and the fascists know it. So again, Untill I am personally affected by the tyranny of the industrial military complex Its hard to justify any crazy plans to run away. I think many people would agree.

sty

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
my opinion-if there would be one institution to never go in private hands, that should be the banking system. Money=the impersonal relation between slaves and masters.As long as the people have control on the $$$ , no slavery would be possible. bit too late for most of the countries. Worst care in Europe:Italy .The national debt exceeds the yearly GDP of the country.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

You've just described the history of the Federal Reserve. Originally, money and gold could be used as a form of payment. Then, the Federal Reserve began buying up all the gold so that people could only get hold of $ (hence you now have the Federal Gold Reserve were all the gold has been stored to be kept off the streets), before then persuading the government to ban gold as a legal form of tendor, and thereby becoming the money monopoly that has got us $9 trillion in debt and counting.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-5-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Just a little poem I thought up. Don't be too hard on me.

Freedom should be a special place
Where all can achieve their dream
A country that accepts all of race
That will work together as a team

There will be no hungry or the poor
Everyone works to make their way
Government schools will be no more
Public schooling will be here to stay

The land of Freedom will be strong
With soldiers protecting our land
People will know right from wrong
For we will be united as we stand

No central bank will ever take charge
Local banks can care for our tender
Our economy will grow very large
There will be jobs for all of gender

Freedom will ring in everyone’s ear
We will be an example for all to see
No more living our life under fear
For we all shall be individually free.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Imagine you get to this new land, and just as you get settled in , you see Hillary there, then Bolton, GWB.. Wolfowitz, Cheney ..AIPAC ! , what a sickener, you would want to get back on the boat home again , forget the 100 acres.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Congratulations on a beautiful heart felt poem that has the foundation of our mythical country "Freedom". The next calls to order would be an anthem put to music and a designed Freedom flag. Solarskye this may become our official "Freedom" poem. Great work.

Solarskye maybe you would like to put your poem to music as the anthem or maybe someone else puts it to music given your permission.

The "Freedom flag" everyone who wants to participate can come up and submit their own design and in "Freedom" we all must vote on the best flag design submitted and the best musical anthem presented if anyone wants to participate in this project.

I hope I am not breaking any of the rules of ATS by this participation for fun in the design of the flag and the writing and setting to music anthem requests for the mythical country "Freedom". Rik Riley

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Gun Totin Gerbil, Now that was my laugh for today remember we designate who can come to"Freedom", our new country, this includes keeping out undesirables.
Rik Riley

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Do what you want with it and change it up if you want to. It's a mythical poem and I could write a song too. There's definitely better artist that me in here to do a flag. But it was a fast written poem that can be bettered by anyone. You have my permission.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye

Do what you want with it and change it up if you want to. It's a mythical poem and I could write a song too. There's definitely better artist that me in here to do a flag. But it was a fast written poem that can be bettered by anyone. You have my permission.

Sometimes things come to us that are inspired within the moment and that certain feeling and thought may never be captured the way you put it into words again and that is called from the heart. I thank you for sharing this beautiful "Freedom poem" and thanks for your permission. Rik Riley

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This country is mine. By birth by sacrifice of my family liniage and myself.
I want it back!

Not intended as a one liner.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
If such a New Free Country existed would you move and leave The United States Of America for that country if you could start all over in a country with no income tax and all the rights, freedoms suspended or taken away in the U.S. were given back to you in that new country?

You also would be given 100 acres of free land to help build and settle the country and the new country would have a similar Constitution as the U.S.

If such as place called (Freedom) existed and you were willing to relocate what would be your personal reason for leaving the U.S. and if not why not? Rik Riley

[edit on 11-5-2008 by rikriley]

A few questions, before I consider immigrating.

Land
How did Freedom acquire all this "free" land?
Is all of this land identical? Or is it a more natural environment, where some land is more useful than other bits of land?
If the terrain of Freedom varies over the breadth ofthe nation, how is hte land distributed? 100 acres to each person yes, but what of water sources, minerals, arable land, weather conditions? 100 acres in Pennsylvania farmland is a great thing. 100 acres in the middle of the Canadian Rockies is another thing entirely.
How large, in total, is Freedom? There's certainly a limit to how many parcels of 100 acres there are.

Infrastructure
With no income taxes, Freedom certainly has a rather miniscule government. How then, does it maintain order? Does Freedom provide a highway system, a police force? What manner of national defense can it muster?
How does it process the huge number of immigrants? Certainly such a deal would attract hundreds of millions from all around the world. How does Freedom decide what order they are granted citizenship and property in, first come first serve? Merit system? An ethnic / socioreligious standard? Does the state parcel out the land, or is it a "pick your own" system?
How does the government manage to protect all those rights and exercise the constitution? That sort of thing isn't free, and if Freedom is a large nation, it becomes exceedingly difficult to do on such a limited budget. Are the other taxes and tariffs therefore amazingly high to compensate for this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join