It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam's jail diary reveals AIDS fear from americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Saddam's jail diary reveals AIDS fear from americans

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

DUBAI: Saddam Hussein, the ousted Iraqi dictator hanged in 2006 for crimes against humanity, feared he would pick up sexual diseases while he was in US custody, according to extracts from prison writings published in an Arab newspaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I dnt know how to react to this

timesofindia.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
A delusional puppet master that found his just desserts at the end of a hangmans noose. Theretofore catered upon his every whim.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
He knew he was going to hang and he worried about AIDS?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Talk about out of touch with reality...

I guess strict Muslim societal rules that make such topics verboten even effect those highest in the hierarchy. No one is immune from ignorance.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
When i read the utter claptrap as shown in the few post's above it make's me wonder where exactly this human race of our's is heading.

Hanging saddam was the worst step that could have ever been taken.

Thing's in Iraq are worse now than they ever were infact they will never be the same again.

In all honesty as someone who actually went to Iraq and served my country (or so i was thinking at the time) i felt for a period totally disgusted with myself.

One of the reason's i left the force's not the major one but an important one was the fact i did not want to go to some far of place and maybe loose my life for no reason.

I feel sad that the England rugby squad recieved a warmer welcome home than myself and my fellow veteran's.

I could not beleive it when i whatched the news when i got home how much the war had been hushed away.

If i was fighting for my country maybe i could have been proud.

I will keep the medal i recieved for being there but let it be known many british troops actually sold there's on E.BAY to the highest bidder.

SHAMBLES.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 7-5-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
A delusional puppet master that found his just desserts at the end of a hangmans noose. Theretofore catered upon his every whim.

You know he was hanged for using chemical weapons on the Kurds. Do you care to find out who actually SOLD HIM THOSE CHEMICAL WEAPONS.

Go ahead. I dare you.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

Originally posted by h3akalee

Hanging saddam was the worst step that could have ever been taken.

I'm sure any remaining residents of Halabja would disagree with you.

Thing's in Iraq are worse now than they ever were infact they will never be the same again.

I would modify that sentence like this:

Thing's in Iraq are worse different and better now than they ever were infact they will never be the same again. And that's a good thing.

In all honesty as someone who actually went to Iraq and served my country (or so i was thinking at the time) i felt for a period totally disgusted with myself.

One of the reason's i left the force's not the major one but an important one was the fact i did not want to go to some far of place and maybe loose my life for no reason.

I feel sad that the England rugby squad recieved a warmer welcome home than myself and my fellow veteran's.

I could not beleive it when i whatched the news when i got home how much the war had been hushed away.

Those words says more about you as an individual and your country than anything else. It's probably a good thing you left the forces.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by jpm1602

You know he was hanged for using chemical weapons on the Kurds. Do you care to find out who actually SOLD HIM THOSE CHEMICAL WEAPONS.

Go ahead. I dare you.

What's your point? If Smith&Wesson sells you a handgun that you use to murder your family, who is at fault, you or S&W?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

The point, which should be pretty obvious, is that the US invaded the country on the very premise that he had weapons of mass destruction, that the US sold to him.

I'd also like to know how the hell Iraq is a better place now, than it was pre-us occupation. Sure, Saddam was a heavy handed dictator, but the fact remains, when he was in power, it wasn't every man woman and child in the country who feared imminent death from any number of directions.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I actually dont want to pity you as that might offend you.

So instead i will just consider what you have just posted and show it the propper respect without making a quote of every sentence.

That say's more about my character than you could possibly get to grip's with.

I have nothing further to add to this thread.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Having and using WMDs are two different things. Or are you denying that he used them on the Kurds?

How about the woodchippers? The rape rooms? Pushing blindfolded people of of rooftops? Etc. etc.

Then try to sell your line "the fact remains, when he was in power, it wasn't every man woman and child in the country who feared imminent death from any number of directions."

Sell it somewhere else. I ain't buying it - neither are other thinking individuals.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well, don't break your arm patting yourself on your back, congratulating yourself on your "character". You see, not everyone considers weakness "character".

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Below your name it state's these word's !

THE THINKER

I seriously hope you re address that to something that is more fitting.

I have a few suggestion's but alas i dont wish to loose 500 point's.

Thank you and goodnight.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Your response is laughable.

I never said he was a humanitarian. The wood chippers, the rape rooms, etc... I'm not denying them. It certainly wasn't a good idea to get on Saddams bad side, as he was, as I mentioned earlier a heavy handed dictator. However, more innocent people die every day in Iraq now, then before the US decided it could run the country better than Saddam. Let us not forget the regional destabilization that occurred as a result of his absence. To say that Iraq is a better place today, is so far on the red end of the ignorance meter that it doesn't even register. A pegged speedo so to speak.

Having them and using them are indeed two different things. Are you saying we invaded because he used them?
We didn't invade because he used chemical weapons on the kurds (which I never said he didn't). In fact, the US simply turned a blind eye to that event (which not even you can dispute). The self proclaimed "world police" didn't see fit to lift a finger in response. At the time, the US was too wrapped up in creating Al Qaida during the twilight of the Iran/Iraq war. Oh, we also made sure Saddam had plenty of mustard gas to use on the Iranians (including civilians) as well, but you're not crying foul on that one... So, lets see here, Saddam gassed the Kurds in March of 1988. Are you really saying that we invaded Iraq in 2003 because of that? The US needed a reason to invade. WMD's seemed at the time to be a good one, and we had evidence that he had them. Didn't matter that the only evidence was the fact that we had sold WMD's to him in the past.

[edit on 5/7/2008 by Unit541]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Below your name it state's these word's !

THE THINKER

I seriously hope you re address that to something that is more fitting.

I have a few suggestion's but alas i dont wish to loose 500 point's.

Why not? You blew more than double that amount on those lame statements below your username.

Anyway, I thought you were going away?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Originally posted by Unit541
Your response is laughable.

I never said he was a humanitarian.

No you didn't. You just made some inane statement to the effect that "but the fact remains, when he was in power, it wasn't every man woman and child in the country who feared imminent death from any number of directions."

Let us not forget the regional destabilization that occurred as a result of his absence. To say that Iraq is a better place today, is so far on the red end of the ignorance meter that it doesn't even register. A pegged speedo so to speak.

That shows that you have no clue as to the real reasons we invaded Iraq.

As for current conditions in Iraq, maybe you should stop squealing "we we we we" and look at who is sabotaging the oil lines, killing innocents with IEDs and otherwise destroying Iraq from within. Then maybe you'd realize that things are slowly improving over there. You won't hear that from left-wing blogs and media, though.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

The point, which should be pretty obvious, is that the US invaded the country on the very premise that he had weapons of mass destruction, that the US sold to him.

To quote the late great Bill Hicks when doing a sketch about the 1st gulf war & is still relevent today.

“You know we armed Iraq. I wondered about that too. During the Persian Gulf War, those intelligence reports would come out: ‘Oh, Iraq? Incredible weapons. Incredible weapons.’ ”

“How do you know that?”

” ‘Well. Ha ha. Ah, we looked at the receipt. But as soon as that check clears, we’re going in.’ ”

He goes on...

"I'm so sick of arming the world, then sending troops over to destroy the arms, you know what I mean? We keep arming these little countries, then we go and blow the crap out of them. We're like the bullies of the world, y'know. We're like Jack Palance in the movie Shane, throwing the pistol at the sheepherder's feet.

"Pick it up."

"I don't wanna pick it up, Mister, you'll shoot me."

"Pick up the gun."

"Mister, I don't want no trouble. I just came downtown here to get some hard rock candy for my kids, some gingham for my wife. I don't even know what gingham is, but she goes through about ten rolls a week of that stuff. I ain't looking for no trouble, Mister."

"Pick up the gun."

(He picks it up. Three shots ring out.)

"You all saw him - he had a gun."

So true it's scary.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Maybe you should enlighten us all then. You seem to know exactly what is going on. I would really like to know what Glen Beck told you to believe about the War of Terror.

As far as the quote from his diary...who really cares? The guy was in a cell knowing that he was never going to see the outside of that compound ever again, I am sure he had all kinds of crazy thoughts going through his head. I am surprised his #1 worry wasn't that someone was going to cook his food with some lard in it.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Originally posted by Rook1545

Originally posted by jsobecky

Maybe you should enlighten us all then. You seem to know exactly what is going on. I would really like to know what Glen Beck told you to believe about the War of Terror.

Nah, you'll just have to go back through my 9,200 or so posts and find out where I educated the masses several times about the reasons.

And thanks for the Respected Foe vote. After that stupid Glen Beck statement you made, I would've had to ignore you anyway.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join