It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I went to the other side, and I listened to them. They make great points... but also... I had some problems here... I was banned, came back, was post banned... got REALLY frustrated... but instead of going on a tyrade, I decided to talk to the staff, and oh my gosh even SkepticOverlord took the time to respind! I found this to be quite surprising for a said entity that is supposed to be involved with shady dealings. if the staff really wanted to silence you forever from this site, they can. I just think you gotta use some common sense... and if you don't know something for sure, absorb both sides of the argument. I still have my suspicions, but I've shared those, people saw them, and they were good talking points. I think the staff jumped to conclusions about me too quickly. I simply am questioning both sides of this argument. Especially John Lear. He was always a good guy and I enjoyed him, but I don't know EXACTLY what went on. I've read some things that sound very very damning towards this site... but sadly, I don't know the situation personally.

I mean, for those who are bitter about it and don't wanna come back, that's fine. They feel like their speech is being infringed upon, and sometimes, so do I... but this ain't my site, and I don't know the real motivations behind them. So I've decided it's best just to enjoy what's here, instead of complaining about what's not. As of now, there is so much information available here, it's a great place to sit and research. Maybe some stuff gets censored, maybe the gov't comes in and creates disinfo and moves and shakes things a little, but this is a little fractal of society as a whole. EXPECT IT. We're not dealing with a bunch of untrue fairytales here. We're dealing with things that are national secrets, and you can die over national secrets. I guess use discretion and be smart, be aware, be questionable towards EVERYBODY, staff and members claiming foul play alike... deny ignorance, and until it is clear what you are dealing with, don't jump to conclusions and risk making yourself out to be a fool, or possibly hurting actual people with feelings. If they do things nefariously here, it will be revealed with time, and they will suffer the consequences. If not, great! Let's make it better anyway.

As for those disaffected,
I can respect their bitterness, and even feel it a bit myself because I've been there.
but ya know, can you really blame people for being a bit paranoid on a website that deals with paranoia... and in these VERY strange times... is it any wonder that this site comes under scrutiny??? I'm scrutinizing it, still... keeping little mental notes just in case... but I came back, and the very fact that the staff takes time out of the thousands of people here to work on an issue with one individual... I find it hard to believe that some nefarious entity who just wants money in cooperation with keeping the status quo would be so flexible and so accessible.

I don't see Alex Jones taking responsibility and time to explain his policies and his stances, and I believe that this site can rival that in comparison.
Is there a very real possibility that most of us are wrong and this could all be some front? Sure... but I don't know enough to make that decision. The 'evidence' looks damning... but unless you've investigated it yourself, you can't be sure.

I'm not sure. I'm just looking for answers. That's why I'm here in the first place.

best regards,

confused little indy

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Don't mean to just jump in, but do you really think "they" would waste time, energy, and money dispatching creepy dudes to your residence or workplace to make veiled threats? It seems to me, that if "they" really felt somebody was a threat, that somebody would just commit suicide or disappear.

But then everyone would wonder - "hey what happened to that one member? He/she was posting practically every day, and then one day they just went completely silent........"

A whole bunch of dead ATS members would eventually get noticed I think

Better to try to scare people into silence, drive them crazy with loads of creepy vibes all the time, etc etc.....

If that's the case, there's little that can be done about it, by the site owners or anybody else. I guess we all just have to post at our own risk, and weigh the possible consequences of revealing information that may get us into trouble.

Well that's all I'm trying to say. Don't ASSUME that they can't figure out who you are and that it's 100% safe to participate here.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
But then everyone would wonder - "hey what happened to that one member? He/she was posting practically every day, and then one day they just went completely silent........"

Yeah, that happens from time to time, but it's just as easy to say that they may have met a nice boy or girl, got a new job, etc. and went "underground", lol.

A whole bunch of dead ATS members would eventually get noticed I think

Better to try to scare people into silence, drive them crazy with loads of creepy vibes all the time, etc etc.....

I don't think the majority of us have any new information that is worth their time, mostly just speculation on information that is readily available. IMO, while I am sure they don't want our beliefs to become widespread, they stick to a policy of broadly discrediting of CTers in general. You have to see how talking heads in the MSM pretend to cover an alternative story like a UFO sighting, and just end up mocking people who believe in ETs and making little green man jokes. The general population believes them over us wackos, and that's pretty much that. It's not until somebody brings something new, tangible, and damning to the table that we see any real interest by the government in us, like that Chinese hacker thread. But that doesn't happen very often in my experience here.

Well that's all I'm trying to say. Don't ASSUME that they can't figure out who you are and that it's 100% safe to participate here.

I agree, nothing's 100% safe. That's why I say if you have some real dirt, think carefully about the possible risks before posting it on a public website.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Four ways that YOU know of

"they" may have technologies and other tricks up their sleeves that you DON'T know of......

#5...

'they' post on ATS with a nick name just like we do... they talk to you and get your confidence... then drop by for a 'visit'

I know I know... it's hard to believe that 'they' might use the "Mr Nice guy" approach...
but trust me... 'they' do...

but 'they' don't just make people disappear... not as a first step anyway

Now this 'visitor' spent three days in Vegas talking to John and myself... he was in NO WAY attached to ATS, merely a member such as us...

He did not drive a black van, it was actually canary yellow... but had the appropriate DoD stickers in the window...

So it might be prudent to know who you are talking too

Another contact had this to say when I mentioned the 'visit'

Ron...

Your note is full of so many things that we could chat about...literally for hours. What really caught my interest was the story about the 'visitor' y'all had. I used to do similar things...get in the car...drive over half of God's Creation to 'visit' with people, scientists and some folks with special skills.

Remember...for someone to be able to do that (travel, etc.)...that takes a 'budget', schedules, etc. And in order for someone to do something like that (like I used to do right after 9/11 thru early -03)...someone who has a discretionary budget generally finances those kind of 'intel' projects. Does the term 'reconoiter' mean anything to you? (LOL)! Just be careful.. They probably don't consider you guys to be a threat, or they'd have already 'bored you to death with conversation' (ROTFFL!). A futher consideration is the 'spoon-feed-effect'. No need to extrapolate on that issue/prospect.

So it IS true that there are 'spooks' on ATS...

I am sure ATS staff is 'aware' of them... simply by IP address if nothing else... I know of two for sure, a third 99% possible

But really folks, they are very nice people with only an interest in the truth at heart

Honest

Originally posted by 27jdThat's why I say if you have some real dirt, think carefully about the possible risks before posting it on a public website.

Oh I do.... and I do...

And when dealing with the nice visitors that talk with a monotone, have no humor, and use black as the preferred aesthetic appeal in apparel, that should be easy enough with honesty and truth. No one else uses that tactic. It'll really throw them off.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
'they' post on ATS with a nick name just like we do... they talk to you and get your confidence... then drop by for a 'visit'

That's how just about any internet predator operates, best thing to do there is to not meet people you talk to online. If you really really must, meet them in a crowded mall or something, lol.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Actually we met at John's house the first time
However... he did provide me with enough info to have him checked out first...

I DO have my sources you know
ummm something he knew as he told me WHO I should check him out with...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well, as long as you do your due diligence.

I just hope more people break away from the mainstream, they can't try and intimidate us all.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for the backup there Ron

And yeah that's something a lot of people don't consider, the whole "double-agent" factor.... people POSING as "good" ATS members, but who really have ulterior motives

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
I know I know... it's hard to believe that 'they' might use the "Mr Nice guy" approach...
but trust me... 'they' do...

Pretty much puts me in the clear then...heh?

*Dadgum....hope I didn't reveal one of "our" tricks*

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Let me introduce myself, I am known by many names here on ATS. PooPooButt, Fossilized, 2nts_astk, For crying out loud I could go on and on and on. These people have brought to you the best and finest conspiracy site on the web. I have been banned from this site so many times , I can't even count. You know why, because they believe in what some of you do not, the "truth."

I read nonsense posts after nonsense posts about alien abductions to, "I worked at area 51 and heres the truth." Well here's the truth about a few so called Americans. Remember the two recently who worked at Area 51, everyone wondered what happened to them. I'll tell you, I had a part in their disappearance from the site. Not the owners or the Mods, It was me and only me.

They were sounding off in an area that no one should tread, Period! You people think that this world is black and white and everything should be disclosed to one and all. I'm here to tell you the owners of this site have nothing to do with National Security and never will.

I personally enjoy this site. I have been here for a very long time and will be here for a very long time after this post.
To criticize the owners and moderators for something they have no control of is, well,"you fill in the blank."

Those of you that have been on the blast end of some of my replies have been because as far as I'm concerned, need to get off the internet once in a while and enjoy life. The world is not going to end soon and the conspiracies will be be around long after your dead and gone.

I will be banned, "again after this post but these fine people who run and accept some of your, for lack of a better word, "pure crap," will accept you as you are and let you speak your mind. So shall it be!

There is no government intervention here, PERIOD. Just me reading everything from the absurd to the truth. If you get out of line and start talking about assassinating Presidential hopefuls and divulging state secrets I will intervene and put an end to it. If you call that intervention, oh well!

Just as a polite gesture to the owners and the Mods I will remove myself from the site. I will be here though reading and waiting for the next brain dead individual to make threats towards the United States Of America and it's governing members. Have a wonderful life, one and all!

[edit on 5/15/08 by 2nts_astk]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 2nts_astk

Are you saying you made duplicate accounts and masked as an Area 51 employee?

Attention whore much? That explains why you get banned. Sorry to break it to you, it's not your "search for the truth". No, I doubt you are that noble.

It would be your need for attention.

Good luck with that.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Okay... See ya?

Just wondering if you could clear up how you "helped them disappear"?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2nts_astk

Your as fricking stupid as they come.

Never mind. The smart ass remarks I could make are only a bit less than obvious.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Holy cow!

A spook admitting to being a spook and disappearing people!

Maybe posts talking about assassinating the IllumiNazis and whatnot should be made a T&C violation?

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by TKainZero
I mean, the 'icon' for that fourm page is a Skunk... giving the impresion that the topics inside the fourm, 'Stink'

The name, and the icon, come from here...
Lockheed Martin Skunk Works
We've always assumed that anyone interested in these topics would make that rather easy connection.

Man....

Ive been here for 3 and a half years... and i still, on a daily basies look like a noob...

Throw me a Bone!

---

Oh... look, its Fozzelled... or whateever thay are calling them selves...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Maybe this poor fellow can get a job writing fiction and get paid for it instead if doing it for free on discussion boards trying to look important? You'll notice you are banned again for insulting our members, LYING about why other banned members were banned, etc...

It's really embarassing mate.

Springer...

[edit on 5-16-2008 by Springer]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Hey, maybe "they" really do watch for "Bush should be killed" type posts and things along those lines. We really have no way of knowing.....

Better safe than sorry I say!

I wouldn't put it past the spooks to come on here and openly gloat about being spooks either

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
Pretty much puts me in the clear then...heh?

Yes it does... I already KNOW your motives...

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2nts_astk Well here's the truth about a few so called Americans. Remember the two recently who worked at Area 51, everyone wondered what happened to them. I'll tell you, I had a part in their disappearance from the site. Not the owners or the Mods, It was me and only me.

Well you coming in here with a 'tall tale' of 'making people disappear' would lead some of us to believe that you want us to think you are an agent of some sort...

Even if that were true... your statements here are NO DIFFERENT than the claims made by those you detest and say 'had a hand in their disappearance'

We expect the same proof in the name of 'truth' as you do of others, or your post is merely inflammatory and quite frankly, useless

So lets see that badge, hmmmm?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join