learn more

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes, please come back and talk to us Mr. Spook!

What can you tell us about "Galactic CoIntelPro"?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Oh, no...

Big bad secret agent man gottums hisself banned...again. Oh, woes us...

...oh, well, I'm sure he/she/it will be back badder than ever...

I suppose the internet, with its anonymity os tailor made for abuse such as this. I've always wondered what an internet bully is, I'm guessing this cat was a living breathing example.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I do have an issue, I hope I am bringing it up correctly on this thread, I am not sure, it is kind of confusing on the first pages and I haven't the time or patience to read through all the pages.

My issue: while on ATS the page is continually loading things onto my computer, I will see the green bar at the bottom every few minutes start to time out to another page, yet I am still on the same one. In 'my pictures' I found that it is uploading every single gif image I have ever viewed here. That is a lot. I am afraid to be on ATS at my home, my puter is already in need of memory, a single visit to ATS and 100's of images are loaded into my pictures folder. Why? I don't mind at all seeing an advertisement while I surf here, but what is going on that it keeps on loading and loading something up onto my computer?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Just a reminder...

The focus of this thread is ATS Issues and the discussion thereof, Not the character and or persons of those who have posted herein.

Please keep the responses On-Topic.

Thank you.

» Board Business & Questions » The ATS Issues Thread » Post Reply

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Hello, can you help me with my question above?

edit= I need to look at what I am typing before posting, my spelling can be atrocious when I get off by one key!

[edit on 17-5-2008 by space cadet]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Sure. It would seem you may be confusing the "temp internet cache" folder with "your pictures" folder. A typical in-thread pageload will result in numerous images being downoaded into your temp internet cache, even more if you're a registered member and logged in. [avatars, signatures, etc.].

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Yeah, that is what I am getting. The only way it pulls the stored images up is when I am in my pictures and fax viewer, at the end of the pics I want to look at starts a series of ATS symbols and everyone's avatars, the smileys, you name it. There are thousands of them in there. How do you get rid of them? I delete tempporary files every time I get off the puter, as well as cookies, but they are still there.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
at the end of the pics I want to look at starts a series of ATS symbols and everyone's avatars

Where are the pics stored that you're wanting to look at -vs- your temp internet cache?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

In folders in My Pictures, like my christmas pictures, after you see all the christmas ones, the ATS stuff shows up. But if I just open the christmas folder to view thumbnails I don't see the ATS stuff.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

That would seem a setting or conflict of settings on your PC... one that I've yet to encounter. I had first thought you may have inadvertantly or otherwise changed the default download ocation for temp files, but that wouldn't seem the case based on what you've mentioned.

Google doesn't afford anything regarding that or similar, nor does my knowledge base. If you'd like you can U2U me the particulars regarding which version of XP you're using and system details. I'd be more than happy to assist you further but this wouldn't seem the appropriate venue.

Yeah. I'm a sucker for a challenge... be it binary or otherwise.

KTK

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I want to stand up for the forgotten members.

The point deprived long time members, there are many of us.

Any troll can come along make numerous inane crap postings which eat bandwith, they usually get banned in 3 weeks.

This is where the point system is unfair. There are many point deprived long term one account users who care for quality above quantity. The backbone of the community gets punished while anti social muck rakers get rewarded.

I think those that care about the content over points should be rewarded not punished.

When a troll can spam the board and be banned by the days end yet have more points than I have accumulated in near 2 years, then you know the system is unfair.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KTK

Given the stated focus of quality over quantity, where do "points" even come into play or consideration? just curious...

KTK

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Darn points..........

Unfortunatly as much as we try and down play the issue they are a major part of the community.

I could have at anytime posted lots of poop just for points as many do, as you see and deal with daily.

We are stigmatised by our points and avtars here. Some people wont read posts of those with low points.(I have seen this stated)

I cant access bonus features of the site, Ill never see RATS etc.

As a long time member one can feel a bit left out and not a real member of the community due to this point conundrem.

Surley you can see where I am coming from????? Or will I get "its my problem and I should get over it" That seems to be the response when the system is questioned.

I actually did not give it a second thought till I noticed others in the same boat.

The response was a bit mean dont you think?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
The response was a bit mean dont you think?

I don't see how, as it was intended more as an attempt to draw focus to a perceived irony in another member's post, as opposed to an attempt to seem dismissive or hurtful.

Perhaps it's just me, but I've never really considered a fellow member's points "status" as any sort of ranking or level of credibility here. It's the context and content of one's posts that have always steered my views and or opinions.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Why are we posting in this thread? It's not like these people really care what we think.

KTK

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Points=Bonus Features=That warm fuzzy feeling of being a fully fledged accepted member of the ATS community.

Long term membership + Posting patterns - digital ego + adherance to T&C- a decent long research thread = Low points = non access to bonus features = Not having a warm fuzzy feeling and not being considered a fully fledged member of a community one has been involved and active in for years.

3 week membership on 14th user name+no outside life+digital ego+absolute disrespect and disdain for ATS and T&C+ baited threads= MEGA pointage= access to all bonus features= The same people getting banned and coming back keeping the mods in a perpetual state of general crankyness. J/K

Its not about points at all, the forgotten users dont have digital egos. I could have indulgedin ye olde breaking news points scam or post everytime I agree or disagree with something when its already been said. Its the lack of the digital ego that bites us forgotten users square on the arse.

Points and bonus features were not something I considered nor cared about. Im content being grey and blending in. I only thought about it when I came across a tasty thread title on the forum I cant access. I still didnt bitch about it, so be it I thought. Though I did start to take notice of the people that have been members for longer than I had with low tallys. Some of these people have been here since 2003-4. I then noticed the trolls were able to access to features over long term members doing the right thing and showing masses of dedication posting 4 -5 years later.

Im not here for me, I havnt been here long enough for it to be unfair to me.

From a markerting point of view Springer should at least think about it. A long term member not feeling luved up maybe enticed to places they may feel the love.

Instead of being ridiculed I had hoped to be met half way with an active disscussion on how this may be remedied if indeed it can.

You are essentially punishing people by default

I was going to suggest that maybe after 3,4,5 whatever years of membership, set active log ins(still seeing the same ads as everyone else) and a clean T&C record you could give automatic full citizen rights.

Again Im not here for me

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I have been asked to refrain from spreading "vicious lies" about this site and from being a "sockpuppet dissenter"...

but when certain staff go on other boards and lie about banning status, that's when I can't stay silent anymore.

Yes, I WAS banned. I AM back... and I'm not going to print anything here about radical Christians or this is a spook site, because I don't KNOW that.... I'm just going to say that if Ducky was never banned, and I was never banned, then you've got some server problems. The servers are choosing who to ban now, apparently. The servers have developed their own intelligence against troublemakers?

Wow, a perfect addition to this forum. A thread entitled "ATS server machines develop discriminating AI on their own, and now they're coming fo' yo' children."

I'll probably be able to mysteriously log into my other account now, and I'll probably be expected to go "Oh I must have typed in the wrong password or had capslock on or hit a key with my huge fat fingers"

Three things, though. A) my password and screenname are remembered automatically, B) my password is very well known to me, so even if I DID type in the wrong password by an accidental keystroke, I can't get a password wrong ten times in a row, a whole week in a row, along with my computers automatic password recall, and C) I'm not fat.

Still... maybe this is all just a big old hundred member plus misunderstanding.

Please, give me a reason to doubt. Give me a reason to feel comfortable that my posts won't get deleted at "the server's" discretion. Give me a reason to feel comfortable about this site anymore.

I bowed down and gave this site and its staff the benefit of the doubt, defended this site at another site AND here because I thought I'd maybe jumped to conclusions, and STILL a staff member comes to that other site and lies about me not being banned.

Is "anti-ATS' a bandwagon of super paranoid potty mouthed drug dealin sex crazed bitchers?

Like I said, I'm listening with all ears to all sides.

To tell the truth is a revolutionary act in times of mass deceit.

Truth, please?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Good lord....I just copied and pasted this off my rant thread, for THIS thread, it holds true for just your sort of post and I want you to respond to this dumwichwitch....

I'll say this again, I have said it many times now...this is not a publicly owned site, it's owned by three men. They have the right and the ability to ban anyone if they have any inclination to do so, regardless if people break the rules or not.

It's THEIR site. They own it. Period They are letting us ALL have the PRIVELEGE of membership. They do all the work, pay all the bills this site incurs, and appoint moderators to help them do all of this work.

No member on here has the RIGHT to do anything on this site unless the owners allow them to. I myself have no knowledge of people getting "banned for no reason" or people getting banned when they did NOT break the rules... If this has occurred, that's the breaks, it's not OUR site, it's their site.

I think people lose site of that fact constantly, as you seem to have lost site of it right now. I am sorry you know people that have been banned. If you're angry about it, and blame the owners, that's your prerogative...you can whine all you want to. I am just sick of hearing about it constantly. Instead of whining and complaining, why don't you sit down and write all the good things about this site?

Why don't you sit down and figure out how many hours a day/week/month/etc that this site has given you great entertainment, knowledge, great discussions, and how you've met some great people here and then take all of those hours/days/weeks and months and add up how much you PAID for all of these great things?? A BIG FAT ZERO. Not one PENNY have you paid for all of this.

Think about that when you want to run down the owners, the mods, the site or the majority of the great people on here...have some respect and show a little basic manners and courtesy."

Here's my thread which I took this from...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I seriously want you to respond to what I've said here, specifically directed at YOUR post...and what exactly is your point? If you got banned, I don't see you admitting why you got banned, simply that you did, why don't you tell us all WHY you got banned? And please, I beg you, respond to my comments from the beginning of my post. I bet you won't, you're all about the drama I bet.

Let's here the truth...why were you banned?

[edit on 18-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

You hint that there is some sort of anti-whomever agenda on ats, yet you provide no proof (big shock, that), only veiled and vague accusations. You defended ATS on "another" site you say? Proud of ya.

As many have said, including myself, in one form or another...it's their sandbox...their rules...get over yourself.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Exactly Seagull...good point!

Where are the links of you "defending" this site and where are the links of a moderator from here lying about the reason you got banned dunwichwitch?

I find it amazing that you actually are posting these outrageous allegations, with no proof, and that you assume that you are soooo important and so controversial that you'd get banned in some mysterious way and that, on this site of what, at least 500,000 members, I have no idea of the membership, but that you alone, are important enough for the owners to "silence" and ban, seriously, get a grip.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join