It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

i totally understand, and i thank you for the honest answer.

i shall contact said author and make some arrangements. (they have already given me part- go ahead to take it this far)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obliv_au
i shall contact said author and make some arrangements.

?confused?

Why doesn't the author simply participate and post what has been discovered?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Booooooooooooo..!!!!

Why is the 'who is online' disabled at the bottom of the 'board home'??

Is it just temporarely? If so what a pitty!

Please make it active again, thank you..

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hello, wondered if you could help me out here. I'm kinda confused by this site...........

Just tried to post something about how on earth you get an avatar here, but it wouldn't let me post. I did a search and it came up with other posts on getting an avatar, but it said I wasn't logged in, so I couldn't reply to them.

Anyway, my original question was.....how on earth do members get the cool avatars you seem to have? I'm sure that, given a few hours of brain searching I could figure out how to add one, but where do they come from in the first place?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I did try, but failed miserably.

Thanks in advance for any help.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hi Mods/Admins

why can't I see page 2 of this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and one weird thing, I had 79 replies on my threads, now it are 80 and there isn't a new reply?

there was one thread of mine rightfully deleted by SO but it's impossible to reply on that so how is it possible that I have one more reply all of a sudden?

it is getting late here, my paranoia needs some sleep I guess

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Could it be an anonymous post that hasn't shown up on the thread yet?

I've noticed that, too, and the last post is normally by Anonymous ATS.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Thank you. I will take a look tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

The above answers were correct. it was an Annon post that had not been vetted by the staff. It is showing now however

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hmmm. In the Reply / View window, the view is stuck at 0 in all newly opened threads, regardless how many times I watch it.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheridan

As has been stated, we are enduring DB server issues and had to temporarily close the views function.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Obliv_au
i shall contact said author and make some arrangements.

?confused?

Why doesn't the author simply participate and post what has been discovered?

mate, if i knew the answer to that i wouldnt be asking you guys for permission in advance now, would i?

i just seen a great article, and thought maybe i could share it here.

as you say, not all dirt is juicy. some is just plain ol worthless dirt but if i can get it here i'll leave that for the members to decide if its hot or not.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by starmist
Just tried to post something about how on earth you get an avatar here, but it wouldn't let me post. I did a search and it came up with other posts on getting an avatar, but it said I wasn't logged in, so I couldn't reply to them.

There's been a great response already for how to get an avatar (the link to KingLizard's thread a couple posts up) but I thought I'd address an additional cause for puzzlement.

A lot of the "light-hearted" discussions here go on at BelowTopSecret.com, including a lot of talk about how to get, make, post, edit, change avatars and other "mini-profile" pieces (signatures, background and lettering color, etc.) You have to log into BelowTopSecret separately, although a search of either board will give results from both boards.

So that's probably what happened when you searched. You were logged into AboveTopSecret.com, but turned up results on BelowTopSecret.com. Your username and password are the same for both sites, so you don't have to reregister or anything -- just sign in separately to each.

Hope that helps

adb

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm new here and still trying to find myself around.

Anyway, I tried entering a forum listed on the main page called R.A.T.S. and when I do all I get is a "this page does not exist" message.

Just thought you guys might want to check and see if that's some kind of a glitch in the matrix.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
That's the super-secret forum that you have to pay "ATS points" to get into

It's not indexed by Google or other internet indexing engines, so whatever gets posted in there won't show up on web searches.

I've never been in it myself; opinions seem divided on whether it's worth the points or not.

But congrats on finding it so fast, I have a feeling you'll fit right in here

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Fuzzy Wabbit

RATS is "Really Above Top Secret" and it's a subscription forum. You have to "buy" a subscription using points. That's why you can't see it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oooooohhh! A super-secret forum. I can hardly wait!

Thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I didn't see this posted, but it seems that the first post on a new page of many threads are not displaying until a second post to that page is made.

Just wanted to give a heads up.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Greetings,

I just have a thought or question (disclaimer - I have not read this whole thread so if the answer is here please accept by sincere apologies).

I have noticed several threads on ATS which would seem to lend themselves better to a cumulative "poll graphic" approach rather than merely a thread. For example, this What party affiliation are you and do you support or oppose the bailout. The questions raised by the OP in threads such as this are good ones but, they can often be answered with one to two words sometimes being either yes or no.

While comments can add to a discussion, a poll graphic would be meaningful to accumulate responses of the multiple choice, true/false, yea/nay variety. Has ATS used this polling approach to a thread and/or could it be considered? Thanks again!

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join