It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton Vows 'To Close This City' After Officer Acquittals

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Agreed...Although I certainly am sympathetic towards the racism spectrum that is still rampant on both sides of the coin, this decision was more about Police brutality taken to the utmost extremes, and a COMPLETELY corrupted trial and law system that has failed ALL people of this nation.

People-We are fast headed to a TOTAL POLICE STATE, and this decision and pollution of the "justice" system affects us all---of EVERY color and nationality.

This should be highly alarming to EVERYONE, particularly in light of the direction our country is heading!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Originally posted by Solarskye
reply to post by jsobecky

It's not right for those officers to assume that the victims had a gun and pull theirs. I feel the officers were at fault and had no reason to pull their weapons out in the first place. People who assume their own decisions usually make a bad one.

Police officers are required to make split-second decicions. As to whether their decision was justified, the judge obviously thought it was the right one:

As for the detectives, the judge made it clear that he believed their versions of events over those of the young men involved, including Detective Isnora’s statement that he had overheard Mr. Bell’s friend Joseph Guzman twice say that he was going to get a gun.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by Threadfall

Agreed...Although I certainly am sympathetic towards the racism spectrum that is still rampant on both sides of the coin, this decision was more about Police brutality taken to the utmost extremes, and a COMPLETELY corrupted trial and law system that has failed ALL people of this nation.

People-We are fast headed to a TOTAL POLICE STATE, and this decision and pollution of the "justice" system affects us all---of EVERY color and nationality.

This should be highly alarming to EVERYONE, particularly in light of the direction our country is heading!

I cannot agree with your allegation that we are headed toward a TOTAL POLICE STATE or that our legal system is totally corrupted. Look at what the prosecutor had to say about the judge, and the verdict:

Mr. Brown, the district attorney, said he accepted the verdict, calling Justice Cooperman “one of this county’s most respected and learned jurists.”

“I accept his verdict and I urge all fair-minded individuals in this city to do the same,” he said.

www.nytimes.com...

Nobody is addressing the actions of Sean Bell. Why not?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Well I wasn't there and neither was the Judge. The main thing that gets me is there was no gun found with the victims, but 50 bullets and three very hot guns were in the hands of the officers. It's not over yet and if I was that community I'd take it all the way to the end no matter how long it takes.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Ok folks, I'm settling this little debate.
It doesn't matter what color your skin is, if you have power you have a greater chance of becoming corrupt. Absolute power corupts absolutly? Yes, I believe so, if you give someone the power to bully people (as we see more and more police doing), then that is what they will do, especially if they are brainwashed. From what I know, police are slowly being brainwashed into believeing that civilians are more dangerous than the real criminals, the police get insintives to harras more and more civilians. Why is it that we have more police handing out tickets than taking down criminals? I think it's because the system is corrupt, I believe there are more corrupt cops then the are straight cops. I know it the city where I come from there is a HUGE drug conspiracy with the cops, they put drug users in the slammer and then they sell drugs to the dealers, they do drugs as well and by them too, most of the cops in Wichita Falls are corrupt, they will pull someone over for speeding or not coming to a complete stop, but wont put drug dealers, prostitutes in jail (however they do put some thieves in jail).

So if some police shot an innocent man in cold blood, get used to it, there's going to be a lot more of that happening in the ever growing near future.

As for Al Sharpton. That man is the biggest oppressor to blacks ever. He has this little chant does "Keep the struggle alive!", why does he want black people to struggle? That clown just wants black people to not have to work and to be made higher/above whites. We're all equal folks, we just have different cultures because we are either brought up in them or we choose to associate ourselves with stereotypes and such.
Al Sharpton wants the whites to be enslaved and blacks to be the slave masters, I don't think anyone should be a slave, I think we should all be treated with respect and equal, that's not what that hatemongerer wants though.

But as I said before, people become corupted by the power they are given and expect a lot more of this sorta behaviour, the police state is coming.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

If they shut down ma and pa coca sellers then the blue would shut down too.

I don't think joe blow will want to give up money for politics right at this point. Money for power is a different thing.

Lets see how powerful Sharpton is.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Yeah, that's true, but concerning all this, although I do think Al is sencond to the anti-Christ, I do think this demonstration may wake up some people, that's the only good thing I can see that will come of this.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
We have a divide and conquer set up.

Look at who is calling for riots in Denver.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rush Limbaugh himself....calling for riots. The mouthpiece of the right.

Then on the left we have Mr. Sharpton wanting to close down New York!

Who owns what, who has the power, lets see what goes down!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Sorry for jumping right in here without reading through the thread. But if I understand correctly, someone is trying to argue that only minorities are victimized by the police?

Well, I happen to be white. Here is my latest run-in with the law...

www.abovepolitics.com...

[edit on 4/27/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This thread, although it does touch on police justice, states that Mr. Sharpton is going to try to shut down New York.

Do you think this is a "planned" shut down in light of Rush and Denver.

Is this another chance to hard wire in the police state?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I see four parties fighting in this fight.

I label the parties by the terms I see them throwing around while criticizing each other.

Whites divided in racists vs non racists, holding a 60% vs 40% share
and Blacks/Hispanics also divided in racists vs non racists, holding a 70% vs 30% share.
The 30% Black/Hispanic non racist share is fluctuating from circumstances from 40% to down 20%.

a "racist" faction primarily considering Whites and passive Blacks/Hispanics percentage, gets by approximation a near 100%
an "anti-racist" faction primarily considering Black/Hispanic and the active "White-antiracist" percentage gets by approximation a near 110%

There is not a definite and clear outcome of who wins.

Please resume the "fight", sorry for interrupting.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The most humiliating and offensive thread I have read on ATS in awhile. I certainly did not expect to read the words typed here by some of you. I do not get involved much but I do enjoy this site. I will have to reevaluate my thoughts now after this thread. You all just put ATS in a level with, " I don't know what." Please don't bother answering me because I will not be returning to this particular thread.

[edit on 4/27/08 by Fossilized]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What? So the kettle is boiling! Calling it hot does not cool it down.

Maybe we need to see how deep all of this goes? Or can all colors come together and really bring the change that everyone wants?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dquinonees

Originally posted by dquinonees
On the surface, the decision that found the accused innocent, seems another travesty of justice, but to know this would require we know the evidence which was presented.

Indeed, this is a very important point. The judge in fact did not find the detectives innocent. Rather, he found that the prosecution failed to prove their case, which is the way our system is supposed to work:

But rather than call the shooting justified, the judge said that the prosecution failed to prove it was unjustified, as was its burden. Indeed, his ruling was far from approving of the detectives’ conduct during the undercover vice operation that night. “Questions of carelessness and incompetence must be left to other forums,” he said. He never mentioned the high number of shots fired, or the fact that Detective Oliver had fired 31 of them.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
This thread, although it does touch on police justice, states that Mr. Sharpton is going to try to shut down New York.

Do you think this is a "planned" shut down in light of Rush and Denver.

Is this another chance to hard wire in the police state?

Rush Limbaugh is not "planning to shut down Denver".

That's the goal of a bunch of radical lefties, including Ward Churchill. Limbaugh is just saying, if they want to shoot themselves in the head, he'd be glad to supply the bullet.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Do you think this is a planned shut down in LIGHT OF RUSH...you missed the outfront point...in LIGHT OF...as well as the broader point.

The broader point is that we are facing a Black and White Prez. race!
What better way to tackle the issue then by raising up old hate stories and doing a few false flags! Divide and conquer!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Sorry for jumping right in here without reading through the thread. But if I understand correctly, someone is trying to argue that only minorities are victimized by the police?

Well, I happen to be white. Here is my latest run-in with the law...

www.abovepolitics.com...

[edit on 4/27/0808 by jackinthebox]

Yes one poster actually stated that in no uncertain terms.

There has been quite a bit of hyperbole and rhetoric on this thread, including many statements calling posters racist. I submit that those calling others racist in this thread are doing so because they lack any substance for arguing their POV on any basis of fact. So instead of looking at the whole picture, they chose to brand people as racist because they are not jumping on the bandwagon that the police are bad.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Do you think this is a planned shut down in LIGHT OF RUSH...you missed the outfront point...in LIGHT OF...as well as the broader point.

I don't think I missed the outfront point. It seems that you yourself said the following:

Emphasis added.

The broader point is that we are facing a Black and White Prez. race!
What better way to tackle the issue then by raising up old hate stories and doing a few false flags! Divide and conquer!

How this relates to the topic at hand, I have no clue.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Then on the left we have Mr. Sharpton wanting to close down New York!

Who owns what, who has the power, lets see what goes down!

Why would Republicans riot in Denver? Republicans don't riot period, even at the urging of Rush Limbaugh. Are you suggesting that Limbaugh has a loyal Democrat following that will do the rioting at his request? I don't see how Rush could get credit for it though, since this plan has been started long ago.

www.denverpost.com...

War protesters promised a massive conflict at Civic Center on the eve of the 2008 Democratic National Convention, after losing in a lottery process Thursday that awarded a permit for the park to the party planner for Denver's host committee.

"We're having our protest at Civic Center," said a livid Glenn Spagnuolo, a lead organizer for the group Re-create 68. "We're not going to give up Civic Center park to the Democrats. . . . They are creating a very dangerous situation."

And don't forget if there is a brokered convention and Barack Hussein doesn't lock up the nomination, Al Sharpton has promised that he and his fellow rioters will be out in full force.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Well, I for one have reached a conclusion regarding the police in this country, and that is that they are the enemy of the people. But that no longer has anything to do with race. It has to do with fascism vs. freedom. The thin blue line against red-blooded Americans.

This has been a difficult time for me recently in this respect, as I have friends and family in law-enforcement, and I have done similar work for the past few years. But I have now decided to draw the line. Enough is enough.

While I was being beaten and repeatedly fried with a stun gun on my own front porch, all I kept thinking to myself was that I would never put on that uniform or wear that shield that was hanging from it on my coat hook just inside the front door, ever again.

That compounded by this abortion of justice we see in the Sean Bell case, the examples of abusive authority that come out every single day, and the militarization of the police have led me to this conclusion. The fascist-thug police-state is at hand, and I will not be complicit in it by trying to justify it. I really feel bad for the good cops that are out there, because they are now my enemy as well, so long as they lay with dogs. Or perhaps pigs I should say, for the first time.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join