It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton Vows 'To Close This City' After Officer Acquittals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
While Sharpton is a poverty pimp and contemptible at best, he certainly has a good issue to ride with these acquittals. It seems to me that the races have been getting along much to well for the liking of the PTB, who need to keep us divided and worried about each other so that we don’t unite against them. The Jena Six incidents began a concerted campaign to stir up race problems IMO, of which this case if probably a part, and if something happens to Obama, look out!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with race.

It has to do with policeman killing innocent people. I'm not a big fan of Al Sharpton but I'm all for him if he is standing up for the right cause. Everyone knows he is a grand stander but who cares as long as good comes of it this time.
Look people ,He is exercising his American right and is actually tackling a problem that needs to be dealt with.

How about being positive and not making an issue out of something that has no bearing on the situation.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Al Sharpton is making it a racist issue though, as always. This IS the problem.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

A man, any man, speaking makes it a Racial Issue? His words were Far more on-topic than Many a previous post in this thread.

Yet another reminder...

» Breaking Alternative News » Sharpton Vows 'To Close This City' After Officer Acquittals » Post Reply

An now back to Topical discussion...

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Sharpton isn't making this a race thing, unless you think the mere association with Sharpton automatically turns something racial.

In this case, Sharpton doesn't say a thing about race, just making sure that the powers that be know that the people will not stand for the injustices perpetrated by the system.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

WOW that is the most ignorant reverse racist thing I have heard in my life. The cops are crappy to all races my friend but there is an active campaign by the government to keep the whites and blacks fighting to focus away from the fact they are trying to make this a police state to EVERYONE.

Now Al Sharpton has no credibility with me because he has accused to many white people and degraded and humiliated without knowing the full story. He has exploited black people for almost 30 years now and for people to listen to him on MOST issues is just stupid. The fact is in this case he is right. There was an injustice done but not because the guy was black. From a news source "When one of the undercovers identified himself as an officer, the car holding the party twice tried to run him down. The officer started firing while yelling to the car’s occupants: “Let me see your hands.” They didnt comply and they shot. Huge injustice Im sure a shot to the tires or a warning shot or anything would of been better than the way they reacted but to call this a racist is stupid and is just falling right into the hands of the government who wants us all to hate eachother.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This is true, but somehow I don't think Al Sharpton would say a word had it been a White person riddled with bullets. There is always a hidden agenda.

Back to topic, should the city be shut down? I think not.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
The fact that you get stars proves that ATS has too many racist scumbags lurking around.

No, they're just ignorant little kidiots who don't know any better.

Give em' time, and they'll figure it out sooner or later.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor

You are so full of #.

I better see mods do something more then post lil warning tags. You censor my posts and let racists talk like this in here? Shameful.

You think nothing bad ever happens to white people?

When did I say anything remotely close to that?

The topic is not about bad things happening to white people or black people, it's about police getting away with murder.

Pull your heads out of the 18th century and come back to reality people. Stop spinning your racist tirades. The fact that you get stars proves that ATS has too many racist scumbags lurking around.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

Racist? In my post I distinctly stated that this happens to whites, blacks, mexicans, etc...How is that racist? You stated it doesn't happen to whites which I dispute because that is simply a lie.

I also posted info about what happened during the incident. What is posted there doesn't portray cops blindly killing an innocent. Unless you are telling me that you think someone using a car as a weapon is ok?

Instead of telling others to get out of the 18th century, perhaps you should take a real look at this case and find out what happened before making such posts.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
=
I also posted info about what happened during the incident. What is posted there doesn't portray cops blindly killing an innocent. Unless you are telling me that you think someone using a car as a weapon is ok?

If it were me, and some guy was yelling 'stop' and pointing a gun at me, I'd use whatever I had at my disposal to get away, or stop from getting shot. I also wouldn't believe someone if they were yelling that they were cops. After all, what better way to get someone out of a car.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Done and done. Not going to feed the rabid trolls any more. They don't fit into modern society so they think they can spew their back-water hatred on ATS

Define THEY... and perhaps further ASSociate THEIR back-water(sic) hatred with the same. THEY.

Distractionary BS just like I said in one of my earlier posts. PUT THE CLAMP DOWN MODERATORS. You let scumbags run the show in too many threads

Hmmm... scumbags. m'kay.?
How often have the use of ill-applied stereotypical terms and or phrases negated one's thoughts, opinion, or attempted point?

+1 NewWorldOver

[second quote]

[edit on 26-4-2008 by Annie Mossity]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

Yeah agreed I agree with New World on a lot of stuff but this he is way off base not sure if its a bad day but between the name calling and the nothing happens to whites Im just in Awe.

Now back on subject I hope Sharpton works something out to get some retribution because what did happen was unjust and should be punished. I think the cops have been overstepping their boundaries for too long now and its time to show they work for us.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
As or me, i put Sharpton in the same category as Bill O'Really. They're just people who like to blow hot wind, thats all.
It doesnt matter the color, for Petes sakes,...Take Dr. Phil,
(please take him) there's another one who pokes his face into everything.
I wish they had taken this into consideration before any aquittal of cops gone BAD.

Isnt there anybody in this country left capable of justice??? In a position of justice? Must we have all these people come to the rescue and threaten, when they are not going to do a damn thing in the first place?

We should petition Jesse Ventura to kick the judges ASS.

That i'd like to see.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Valid point - there doesn't need to be any riots if the judge and the jury are put before the court.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
Valid point - there doesn't need to be any riots if the judge and the jury are put before the court.

Not gonna happen unfortunately. Half the nation would love to see real justice carried out... the other half (as you can see) are content to sit on their hands and blame it on black people

"Forget them. They have Al Sharpton... they can GIT THEIR OWWNNN JUSTICE."

No, we as Americans should all demand justice. Not sit back and say "Oh but WHITES are wronged too!" And other ridiculous nonsense. We are so good at distracting ourselves and passing blame that we can't even admit where justice is due anymore...

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

Not gonna happen unfortunately. Half the nation would love to see real justice carried out... the other half (as you can see) are content to sit on their hands and blame it on black people

"Forget them. They have Al Sharpton... they can GIT THEIR OWWNNN JUSTICE."

No, we as Americans should all demand justice. Not sit back and say "Oh but WHITES are wronged too!" And other ridiculous nonsense. We are so good at distracting ourselves and passing blame that we can't even admit where justice is due anymore...

Glad to have you back wasnt sure if you went insane temporarily or not. You are correct we need to see some justice done here because the police state that the government is trying to implement is disgusting. I have a story that will absolutely make you guys sick it just happened a month ago.

My grandma lent my aunt her care at midnight to go get medicine from wal greens. A cop ran the plates and saw my grandma had a warrant out for her arrest not in that county but 2 counties over for not paying a medical bill. Yes a medical bill. So the cop pulls my aunt over and asks where she it. My aunt told her at home and at 2 in the morning raid style (5 officers and a dog yes that is correct a dog) and pulled my 70 year old grandma out and drover her all the way to the jail 2 counties over. I called the police station at 3 in the morning after i was awoke by a call from my mother crying because she was staying with grandma the night this happened because she has not been well. I reamed the head of the station that night. All of this over a freaking medical bill that she did not pay. I get very pissed of when I even think about it and makes me want to .......guy there is injustice on all races and once again as long as the government keeps our attention on eachother and not the fact they are turning this country into a police state the NWO will proceed.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
As or me, i put Sharpton in the same category as Bill O'Really. They're just people who like to blow hot wind, thats all.
It doesnt matter the color, for Petes sakes,...Take Dr. Phil,
(please take him) there's another one who pokes his face into everything.
I wish they had taken this into consideration before any aquittal of cops gone BAD.

Isnt there anybody in this country left capable of justice??? In a position of justice? Must we have all these people come to the rescue and threaten, when they are not going to do a damn thing in the first place?

We should petition Jesse Ventura to kick the judges ASS.

That i'd like to see.

Yeah Bill and Al are similar, however Bill could not get his followers to assault illegal immigrants on command.

On the other hand Al Sharpie can create a race riot in an instant.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disinfo Agent1966

On the other hand Al Sharpie can create a race riot in an instant.

Back to race again?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join