It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton Vows 'To Close This City' After Officer Acquittals

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Al Sharpton is a lime-light seeking nobody who has never done anything that benefited any community.

As for the 50-shot barrage that everyone brings up, you do realize that that's not a lot right? 15 rounds per clip, with 3 cops? In a gunfight, you shoot fast, if they'd all emptied their magazines it would have been 45 rounds.

Also, they identified themselves as police, help up their badges, way before they'd drawn their guns. Have you also forgotten that the man was blatantly using his car as a weapon?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
so.. when is this sharpton joker going to get labeled a domestic terrorist and get hauled to GTFO-mo?

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by avingard

Also, they identified themselves as police, help up their badges, way before they'd drawn their guns. Have you also forgotten that the man was blatantly using his car as a weapon?

This is not true. One of the officers said he "believed" his shield was displayed at the time, hanging from a chain around his neck, but that it may have actually been inside his his shirt. And even if it was out, looks an awful lot like bling if it's dangling on a chain. Lastly, you obviously have no idea what life in the big city is like. You know how many stick-up kids carry a fake shield?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
If it were me, and some guy was yelling 'stop' and pointing a gun at me, I'd use whatever I had at my disposal to get away, or stop from getting shot. I also wouldn't believe someone if they were yelling that they were cops.

I just wanted to note how supremely stupid this statement is, knowing what you now know, you would react the same way??

You do realize this got the guy killed right?

Are you one of those intenet tough guys who says he'd "rather die" than... blah blah blah...? Yea ok.

There are a few things wrong with this thread:

1. It has turned into a race issue
2. It has too many black apologists and white crybabies
3. It keeps straying from the topic at hand.

with that said I might as well continue the trend.

I HATE Sharpton, but I have to give him one for consistancy.
If this were a white/black thing Sharpton wouldn't be the one "shutting the city down" but it's not and in this case.. even though the cops had a somewhat defenseable argument, they are guilty of irrational and poor judgement and should be fired, lose their pensions and at the very least, tried and convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

I would have even been fine with probation as long as they lost everything else.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

You do realize this got the guy killed right?

We don't know that. They might have tried to kill him anyway. And Sean Bell certainly had the "flee for his life" instinct that night.

Having said that. Star for your post. While I have a suspision that there is actually more to this case that neither side wants to talk about, I think that the careers of these officers should certainly be over, and in my view, they are indeed guilty of manslaughter.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join