It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton Vows 'To Close This City' After Officer Acquittals

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

You apparently had a bad experience with law enforcement. That's unfortunate. However, we have only heard your side of the story, so to agree with you would be kind of senseless. If we had a copy of the police report of the incident, we could make a reasoned decision.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

This was not the first time I have had a bad experience with law-enforcement and chalked it up to, "well there are good cops and bad cops."

I watched a Trooper punch my girlfriend in the gut trying to get me to swing on his partner. I had drugs planted in my car. I was beaten on another ocassion, because someone told the police that I was beating on my girlfriend. I've had quite a few incidents actually. But most of them were when I was younger, so I just chalked it up to bully cops thinking they were doing the right thing by trying to teach me a lesson, even though they didn't know what the hell they were doing.

Other times, I just had to swallow it. Like the time that I was arrested for felony menacing after I was hit by a car. When I tried to press charges on the person who hit me, it turned out that their father was a cop, and told the responding officers that I had jumped in front of the car trying to attack the driver. Never mind the fact that I was in front of my own house.

But again, most of this I really just chalked up to being young, in the wrong place at the wrong time, etc. And for the most part, I think that may have been the case. I was young, and I was one of the first white kids to start listening to rap music. So I was profiled. I could go on at this point, but I won't, because I don't want to add to the cycle of ignorant hate that fuels the racism which corruption hides behind.

With all of that said, when my case is concluded, I intend to post the police report and witness statements which give two widely varied accounts of the events that happened that night.

[edit on 4/27/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I could go on at this point, but I won't, because I don't want to add to the cycle of ignorant hate that fuels the racism which corruption hides behind.

No, just sounds like you need to make better choices and find the right place at the right time.

This really shouldn't be a black and white thing or anything of racist nature. There were black and white detectives involved with the " MURDER" of Sean. I think it's down right bully's with guns who handled the whole situation wrong. These officers new to let the judge decide not a jury.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Well, good luck. It sounds like you were pretty level-headed as a kid, chalking things up to bad karma and not to bad cops. That's hard to do when things are happening to you personally. I hope things work out for you.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

My question lies in recent actions, posturing, by the left and the right.

McCain, who I like as much as the other two, is told to stay low and keep his mouth shut.

The Democrats have the weakness of the divsion in the race. If something should take place that would tick off blacks then McCain has it.

The Democratic party will self destruct..like a country in civil war.
(I keep Viet Nam in mind)

The agenda that has been set up can move forward and we come one step closer to lockdown.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Al Sharpton!!!!!! Al Sharpton??????

If the public knew what Al Sharpton was really up to, no one would pay any attention to him. Everytime his face is on TV he makes hundreds of thousands of dollars. He uses these events to make money. He is a disgrace to his friends and his family because almost everyone who meets him or hears him speak can not stand to be in the same room after the fact. He just needs to go away and keep his mouth shut.

I too think that if Riots and Looting break out in NY, He should be held accountable for the mess.

Eye of Eagle

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Up here in Canada theres so few people of any race other than white... but people still get shot by cops, frequently... I really don't think it matters, just give them a reason.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I am of the opinion that any issue that Al "The Bigot" Sharpton sticks his fat little hands into is automatically an attempt at race baiting and keeping that pot stirred up (so that he can keep lining his pockets) He will latch on to any issue that he can find to keep racism in the headlines, even without reviewing or possessing any evidence of said injustice.

My best example was the Duke "rape" case. Fat Al and the gang brought their little side show of hatred to Durham, NC to protest in the streets and stir up hatred in a supposed attempt to support a black female who was allegedly raped by a bunch of white Duke lacrosse players. Turns out that the entire case was mishandled by Mike Nifong, the Durham DA, who decided to throw these kids to the wolves based on the charges of a drunken prostitute who was out to make quick money.

Sharpton was on every channel demanding that the accused players should be thrown out of school and should be given life sentances etc etc without having one shred of proof that anything ever happened. Well it turned out that the "victim" had not only lied about ever being raped, but she had failed a rape examination and admitted to police that she had no knowledge of anything actually occuring, being that she was drunk and didn't remember.

Meanwhile these kids had to withdraw from school, they received constant death threats, they were forced to move from their house due to threats of violence, their lacrosse season was cancelled and now all of their names are synonymous with the word rape to this day. Mike Nifong was disbarred and sentenced to jail time for his blatant mishandling of the case, he even later admitted that he had filed charges without having actually talked to the "victim". The students were also awarded a lrge cash settlement against Duke University for convicting them before they were even found guilty.

What did Fat Al and the gang do? They left town without so much as a simple apology to the families of these boys. Their lives were ruined and Sharpton had crucified them in the media, yet couldnt even admit that he had jumped the gun or made a mistake. The damage had been done and he moved on to the next host like a good blood sucker would.

Bottom line is Sharpton is a parasite and he will latch on to any case, racial or not, and turn it into a race campaign against whites. His only interest is to keep his face on tv, keep the wounds in the black community open and bleeding, and keep the dollars rolling in so he doesnt have to get a real job. I feel bad for the guys in that car who were shot by police, but I feel worse for their families and the people of NYC for having to suffer through the three ring circus that is about to spring up around them when this creep gets his way.

Sharpton is the worst kind of racist scum, he capitalizes off of peoples grief and hardship, namely his OWN people, The black community should seperate itself from this clown at all cost

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Sharpton is an encitor of hate and racism, he spews forth hatred with every speech/attack he does. Reading into what actually took place and the statements and facts presented at the aquittal it is quite clear that the police did what they were trained to do. I think that regardless of whether the police were wearing their uniforms or not , I am sure that they said something like 'halt, police' or something to identify themselves as police officers, and the fact that the 'witnesses' could not tell the same version twice means they are trying to decieve. It is not even a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, it is being up to no good and threating the lives of others that cost this man his life.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
This is my first post after being a reader for some years and I have to say this topic heats my blood to a point that it almost brings tears to my eyes. Imagine that this man Sean Bell had no color/pigment to his skin; was your son, brother, father, cousin, etc. And now take the fact that 50 shots were aimed in his direction, and he murdered. Mind you he is unarmed. For any man in this country, it should send a chill down your spine knowing that know matter what you were doing; fishing, walking your dog, or enjoying yourself at a strip club the night before your wedding...that you could be gunned down by the people sworn to protect you and yours, all the while, you are unarmed. I am a 21 year old black man and this tragedy shook me to the core. I don't want to down play the fact that yes, crimes of this sort do happen to all races, religions, and sexual orientations in this country, but to ignore the fact that for hundreds of years crimes like these have taken place in the "black" community, whether with whips, ropes, chains, waterhoses, german shephards, and bullets, you have been deprived of a side of this countries "rich history" of violence towards minorities. African Americans have fought side by side with European Americans in just about every major war this country has seen since the time it was founded and yet it took until 1964 for color to be considered "wrong" for denying a person a drink at a water fountain in the south. Many people of color in this country feel that acts such as the crime that took place in New York, have been seen as hate motivated for a long, long time. And though many can agree to disagree, race is still a MAJOR issue for a lot of people in this country. Things have come far indeed, but to think they are where they should be, being 2008 and all is almost the same as saying "We are not in a recession" lol. The reason there is so much anger and passion for acts of this nature, stem from the fact that we are still relying on our government and judicial system to fix our (America's) problems, when they truly have no concern. We fight a war in another country, yet you can add up the murder tolls around the nation and have the same numbers. Our youth are told they are the future, when the school system faces budget cuts and lack funding for the future. People everywhere in America should feel outraged about the concerns of a "few" because these concerns may soon become yours. To fight, protest, and demonstrate for justice is a right everyone here has, and they are being stripped at an alarming rate without objection on a seemingly daily basis. This is only one side to the "war" to regain the liberties that we being Americans were "born" with. I admire the fact that there are people still willing to stand up for what they believe in, and take it to the steps of the people who HAVE to listen, though the argument may fall on deaf ears. All in all, these as well as many others have to be addressed with some degree of assertiveness or they won't be acknowledged at all. Thank you all for reading as I have done for so long, and expect more in the future.

"The hood is almost there, let's pull it back and see the light again folks"

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1-Cent
Up here in Canada theres so few people of any race other than white... but people still get shot by cops, frequently... I really don't think it matters, just give them a reason.

I have absolutely NO idea where you are in Canada, .. but in Ontario, (not only in Toronto) but MANY other places within Canada all of the major cities have tons of minorities I grew up with minorities of every type and I am white, I don't understand the stupidity over this issue and for this to even exist as an issue anymore is beyond me, it makes me ashamed to share the trait of being human with those types of people, we're all here on the same planet, never mind countries fighting and states feuding or even block rivalry; the destruction, intolerance and abuse of our fellow peoples is by no means progressing our intelligence or evolution [or even our "at-one-ness" with the god-head (with respects to each religion.)]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

The cops are crappy to all races my friend but there is an active campaign by the government to keep the whites and blacks fighting to focus away from the fact they are trying to make this a police state to EVERYONE.

This is the most insightful comment in this thread, and deserving of an entire thread of it's own, because it is absolutely true. Since the dawn of western civilization, the elite rulers have kept the masses fighting amongst themselves for one reason or another.

It is insane that here in America, poor whites and poor blacks have been made to believe that they are supposed to be enemies, when really they have more in common they either group will admit. What we need to do is wake up and unite, because there are way more of 'US' than there are of 'THEM'...and do we really need those rich bastards telling us how to live our lives? Hell, no! And they know this, which is why we are constantly reminded that the other race is out to get us!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

My best example was the Duke "rape" case. Fat Al and the gang brought their little side show of hatred to Durham, NC to protest in the streets and stir up hatred in a supposed attempt to support a black female who was allegedly raped by a bunch of white Duke lacrosse players. Turns out that the entire case was mishandled by Mike Nifong, the Durham DA, who decided to throw these kids to the wolves based on the charges of a drunken prostitute who was out to make quick money.

This wan't the first time either. This case blew up right down the street from me...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

This is why I hate Al Sharpton, because he clouds the issues by inciting emotions.

What those cops did was wrong, and they certainly should have been sent to prison.

Shame on you for defending murder.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Oh I remember the Tawana Brawley case well, just blows my mind how Sharpton still has any credibility left at all.

And I will agree with the previous poster who said that the elitists do everything they can to pit working class blacks against working class whites. While we all fight amongst each other, they rob and steal from both sides. I even made a thread a few months back about how police and the media were trying to incite racial riots here in the U.S.

Face it people, its not about race anymore. It is about economic warfare, the haves vs the have not's, and if you dont have old money or come from a wealthy family then you aren't invited to the party and you do not matter.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Face it people, its not about race anymore. It is about economic warfare, the haves vs the have not's, and if you dont have old money or come from a wealthy family then you aren't invited to the party and you do not matter.

Growing up in NY, I've known this for a long time. It's time people wake up and smell that we got served two cheeks of the same ass!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

"an opportunist" yes, a wolf in sheep's clothing. he reminds me of hosea williams. sow discord among the breathrens (a # disturber) - # disturberFrom en.wiktionary.org...

# disturber (plural # disturbers)

(Canada, vulgar) A person who causes needless difficulties or distress for others; troublemaker.
(Canada, vulgar) A person who voices or encourages a viewpoint opposed to the status quo; an iconoclast.). he is an abominationquery.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
[

The thread title still grabs my attention!

AL Sharpton goin to shut down the city!!

Which side is he on? If he is to raise the race/injustice card this close in the end game of the Clinton vs Obama show who does it favour?

Why would he threaten to shut down a Democratic stronghold with the end game between Clinton and Obama in plain view?
www.draftobama.org...
www.mtv.com...

[edit on 28-4-2008 by whiteraven]

[edit on 28-4-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cobrasnake

I don't live in Amerikkka, so my experience with law enforcement may not seem relevant to you, but cops here treat everyone with the same attitude, and I have experienced similar crap you have. Surprise, I'm white! So I suggest you move to Canada. The cops up here are equally ignorant and violent towards everyone. Might increase your odds of being left alone, but I doubt it.
Incidently, if Mr. Bell was such a riteous dude, what the hell was he doing at strip-bar known for lawlessness? I'm no angel, but I certainly don't go to bars, or anywhere else for that matter, that are known as a gang or crime hangouts. There is usually a good chance that something is gonna go wrong, and you have an equally good chance of getting caught in the middle of it. Was he perhaps (like so many others of his generation, black or white) playing out their little fantasy of being badass gangsters? You see these idiot kids walking around dressed like gangbangers listening to cRap music, acting and talking like they are from a ghetto in Detroit, and then wonder why # like this happens. The cops have zero obligation to discern the two. Act like a duck, walk like a duck, get shot. Like a duck.
And, eventhough I am a cop hater, I have even less use for wannabe's.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EYEOFEAGLE

Al Sharpton=NWO agent. Clear as day. Does the job well, they should give him a raise........
The black community on the other hand should denounce him at every turn. Unfortunately they are blinded by emotional outbursts over decades of inequality. Can't blame them, but he is doing more harm than good.
Instead of uniting, they will protest for a short time, then it's back to business as usual (killing each other in gangs over drugs introduced to the community by the cia) and whining about whitey holding them back. Meanwhile most of "whitey" aren't doing any better than they are. Kinda comical. Sad, but comical...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join