It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton Vows 'To Close This City' After Officer Acquittals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Originally posted by jetxnet
It has happened to White people, but no one says a thing about it. It happens to one Black person and is hyped to the point of no return.

We have got to stop leaning on racial BS and learn to speak the truth. It does NOT happen to white people! Seriously.

A white man can start a fight in a bar, put someones teeth out, stumble out and greet the cops with his hands in his pockets. Guess what happens to him? He'll be tasered and arrested at worse .

A black man will leave the same bar room to avoid the fight, the minute the cops see him he better put his hands in the air or he's going to get shot to death with 80+ bullets.

BUUULLLLL%$#.

Does this make all cops racist? No. But there are serious pigs out there who have proven themselves in these kind of situations over and over .

Instead of being in denial about the police force making mistakes, instead of playing the race card, we need to grow the hell up and face reality. This stuff is not happening to white people

BUUULLLLL%$#.

Originally posted by Chaoticar Excuse me if I sound cynical, but either way it's going to end with whites getting assaulted one way or the other.

Yep.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Me personally, I think the policeman involved should be held accountable.
Sometimes for justice to prevail someone needs to get the public involved.
Looks like Al chose the good fight in this case. Lets see if he can get the job done and follow it through.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If Sharpton has his weasel little nose in it, it sure isn't about the safety of citizens. It's about( to him at least ) racism. He wouldn't stick his neck out for anyone or anything else. All he wants to do is push his little racist agenda.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Just to throw 2 cents in here.

Al does make it some what about race, because of the fact he would not do this for another races victim, Now is it racist to stick up for your race, I guess not, but when you cry racism SOOOO much, you can't help but apply that to him. right or wrong, he made the bed by being that way, so I guess we have to lie in it.

Perhaps if he stuck up for ALL People in ALL cases, then this would be a great thing. but we all know thats not the case with AL. But at least someones helping the parents in this and that IS a good thing, just wish it was their senator or DA, or council men, those who have the PEOPLES interest at heart.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Al Sharpton is a professional racist. He has no interest in ending racism for it could ever come to be, his source of income would dry up. His never ending quest to thrust himself into these types of situation does no one any good.

He is a racist. That is an indisputable fact. If you are unfamiliar with his history simply google "Tawana Brawley," and find out where this fighter of injustice began his public career.

His presence makes him part of the story. He should take his hypocritical racist ass an crawl back into the hole from which he came.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Or you stand up and march on your own, independant of Sharpton's protest and focus on changing things the way Sharpton isn't. Sharpton isn't the story. Ignore that and look at the real injustice.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

I would like to hear more about this so called injustice.

The case was heard in court right? The officers were put on trial, they elected to have the case go before a judge and not a jury. The Judge made the verdict based on the evidence presented by both the defense and the prosecution. So I am wondering where is the injustice? I can understand not agreeing with the verdict, but I haven't heard or read anything that says evidence was denied, or the Police officers involved were given special treatment, so again where is the injustice?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Well, you know, it's injustice because Al Sharpton says it is.

You make a great point of course. If the prosecution screwed up the case, then that is not injustice. By all reports, the witnesses contradicted themselves continuously.

I said the same thing when OJ was found innocent. The prosecution in that case was handed an easy win and managed to screw it up...that may very well be the case here as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
reply to post by Rasobasi420

I would like to hear more about this so called injustice.

The case was heard in court right? The officers were put on trial, they elected to have the case go before a judge and not a jury. The Judge made the verdict based on the evidence presented by both the defense and the prosecution. So I am wondering where is the injustice? I can understand not agreeing with the verdict, but I haven't heard or read anything that says evidence was denied, or the Police officers involved were given special treatment, so again where is the injustice?

The injustice was an unarmed man was shot over 30 times because he wouldnt pull over...to me that is an injustice regardless of the decision of the judge.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

But is that what really happened? The report I cited in an earlier post stated that the officer was actually hit by the car. That isn't someone not pulling over, that is someone using there car as a weapon. Big difference. Again where is the injustice?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I stuck my comments about this and an article in the "Police not guilty in groom's death" thread...

Al's mug

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'm still amazed that so many people are willing to paint this Bell character as a total victim here. Didn't anyone ever have a teacher, grandparent, or other elder authroity figure tell you "two wrongs don't make a right?" Regardless of what motivation or evidence the police had to initially instigate contact with Bell, the fact remains... police officers ordered him to stop, he fled... police officers persued, he jumped into the drivers seat of a vehicle while drunk... police officers again ordered him to stop, he attempted to ram one of them with the vehicle. THAT is assault on an officer of the law with a deadly weapon and is virtually the same thing as Bell declaring he is forfeiting his right to continue living.

The police shot a drunk that tried to run a duly appointed officer of the law over with a car. Doesn't anyone realize how ridiculous it is to even attempt to defend this? If Al Sharpton et all really want to pin the blame for this incident on who it really resides with they need to look somewhere other than those police officers, the court where they were tried, and the public in general. Instead Al should be leading a procession with shovels and pickaxes to whatever cemetray Bell is burried in, because the blame rests 6 feet under the ground on the shoulders of the "innocent" man who decided to not just flee from the cops, but also to try and kill one of them using a car as a battering ram.

Please note that nowhere in this am I using the fact that he was already a convicted fellon, and therefore not actually due the same rights as a non-fellon. (Remember, there are plenty of Constitutional rights you forfeit for life as a fellon. You can't vote, you can't own a firearm, and you basically have to accept the fact that the rest of your life will be lived under justifiable scrutiny from the law because you've already proven an unwillingness to abide by the law and an untrustworthiness the remainder of society with clean records enjoys.) I see no problem with this verdict nor do I see any problem with the police scrutinizing Bell and taking the possible threat of a convicted fellon believed to be in possession of a firearm seriously. The simple fact is that oftentimes those fellons do have a firearm hidden on their person and aren't these innocent little lambs that some apparently believe Bell was. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this all out, guys. Which would explain why Al Sharpton is about as far from figuring it out as is humanly possible.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Most people dont get it, put it this way. The first thing a cop ask me when pulling me over for what ever reason is if im on parole. Now i dont know about you but i find that offensive as a black man or not and i bet he ask's white people a different question first like something relevant to the traffic stop.

I tell you cops are trained to target people of color wheter the cops are of color or not, sometimes they are worse, im thinking its a physcalogical thing where they want to prove they are just as good as white cops.

cops have asked my white friends what they were doing with me ?

My last real experiance as a black man was riding my bike to the store for snacks, a cop car ran the side walk and blocked me off, they rushed me and proceded to crush my face, hoping i wouldnt swallow non exisistant drugs. then took me to jail only becuase i had no ID which is due to the store being a block away

I could go on and on but let me say that first off most of whites seem to base their opinions off the media which fellow ATSers should know better to do and also we have no black leader that speaks for more then 21 percent of the population at a time , the ones we listen to were all assasinated .

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Perhaps some of you should do your homework on the Black Panther party and what happened not tooo long ago in America.

Google Video Link

Maybe you don't understand how much racism has shaped the western world; from the street names to the politics, right down to the policies.

You need to realize it is still a fresh wound and an on-going problem that has required attention and resolution since the problems back in the late 60's and everything that lead up to that as well as the solutions and the problems that succeeded it.

[edit on 4/27/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
i was just wondering if the timing of the police entering the subways with machine guns had had been planned in case of riots over this?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cobrasnake

I am truly sorry things like this happen still, it sucks, if its any consolation (not that it is I am sure lol) I get treated differently for the way I look as well, (long hair etc,) it seem they just like stereo types in general. Though it still seems to be a toss up and depends on where you live. When I lived in NYC, the police treated everyone like crap equally lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bamaoutlaw
i was just wondering if the timing of the police entering the subways with machine guns had had been planned in case of riots over this?

In reality, no one is directly in charge ..

there are way toooo many people organized and intelligently planning "this & that"

Too much was happening and while each group was trying to build the frame-work for their own enterprises the other groups were doing the same thing, so now today we have multiple interests fighting, the problem is just like there is no one directly in charge.. there will be no direct winners. No one to say "WE rule all" .. no matter what happens THAT cannot and will not happen; the reason I am so convinced is: there are too many opposing interests with actual power and persuasion behind them, and because there are too many, no one will ever come out on top, there will just become newer and more "elite" groups vying for completely different end-goals, even if it appears the same end-goal like "world control" there are way too many routes for each group to take to get their and each groups end-goal situation will be different.

and all of this "information war" is just spawning weird evolutions in human behavior, and how we are interacting as a society and culture (mainly the western) we are so split up individually, we act and say things on the internet with "anonymity" while being coy in actual human to human interactions.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
This has nothing to do with race.

Of course it does. From the perspective of the local black folks, it makes no difference what color the policeman were. All police and the courts serve the power structure that is controlled by white elites. Sure, the PTB screw over white folks too, but that's rather cold comfort don't you think?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoticar
Excuse me if I sound cynical, but either way it's going to end with whites getting assaulted one way or the other.

Yep, i do think your right. Black people will turn it into blacks against whites, though the police were blacks also in this case.

I would think nowadays, new york and places have more ways of controlling large masses of people than back in la.

But i would say, they are right to feel angry, why the police do this and always get away with blatent murder, is beyond me. The same in every country, the police is a bye for doing what you want in life.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Whether you like Al Sharpton or not (and I am not especially fond of him) this aquittal was a travesty of justice. Fifty plus shots into an unarmed man is not an accident.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join