It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton Vows 'To Close This City' After Officer Acquittals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Now-a-days, if you don't name a dam Hurricane after a Black person, it's all over the news that Whites control the world and are racist. What happens? To be politically correct, the next hurricane will now be called Hurricane Tyrell.

That made my day....Anyways..... It happens alot to brown people. But anglo americans get a raw deal every once in a while. I seen a white man get shot for pulling a comb out of his back pocket. I seen a white man get blasted for holding a crucifix. I seen a white man exicuted while handcuffed and the cop got 1 year.

When the police shoot someone, they handcuff them while they lay dying. (well at least in my state they do)I have seen that happen to blacks, whites and latinos.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Just give Al Sharpton some money and he'll go away.

And where's Jesse Jackson during all this?

Is he waiting until it's safe to enter the fray?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Man, I hope this doesn't erupt into all out chaos like the L.A. riots...This whole sham of a trial was disgusting though, so I can't blame these folks for being outraged. I just hope things don't go totally crazy....

if it did it would only bring us one step closer to getting rid of our current police state and bring us closer to to what and how our country should be policed.
no more police being able to brutalize the same people who pay their salaries. no more lying and no more firing 50 bullets into one single person when only 2 or 3 can do the job. this is one of the few times that i have ever agreed with the rev al sharpton on any subject . forget his racial overtones because wether or not he or anyone else can see it ,, this is not about color it's about the courts constantly siding with the police , when they are totally wrong.. and this time they were wrong. .there is absolutely no clear thinking person in this world who can justify 50 rounds on a single man when it only takes one to take down a fully grown mule deer...
what a joke this country has become and it will only get worse after this next election no matter who is elected ..........

[edit on 27-4-2008 by ironman433]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

I watched your video...twice...

I lived in LA in 80 to 81. The thing was in limbo....by the time I went back to LA in 1994 it was a different City....then I went back in to California (Berkley) in 2006(I was living in the ATL at the time) for a while, for education...... and it was all over the world.

Now in Regina, Sk. Canada every home I go in you see Tupac, Biggie, Scarface posters.....

So what? All thats left of America are service jobs. The Elite have homes positioned all over the world.

So if Sharpton shuts it down he going to have to get with it and get everyone to agree.

Great video...by the way.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
To understand the judge's decision would have reviewed, in part, that we were present during each day of the trial. The second more difficult to factor, would be knowing the judge's mindset.

On the surface, the decision that found the accused innocent, seems another travesty of justice, but to know this would require we know the evidence which was presented.

Venting on "Whites" in response to the judge's decision would be nothing less than stupid and would be as much a travesty as what many believe was the exoneration of the defendants.

As for Al Sharpton, his statements on any matter always appear more as an act to aggrandize himself than an actual means by which to bring change. I have a lot to say about him, but I won't.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Opportunist ...

Yes.

Racist dingbat?

Yes.

Giant tool?

Yes.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Now-a-days, if you don't name a dam Hurricane after a Black person, it's all over the news that Whites control the world and are racist. What happens? To be politically correct, the next hurricane will now be called Hurricane Tyrell.

This is actually true.

But, as usual, race cannot be discussed rationally because if one person says something someone thinks is racist then EVERYONE has to attack it to show they aren't racist. After all, what is worse than being a bigot, right?

Sharpton is an opportunistic POS. He should be on his knees in front of the Duke Lacrosse players and Don Imus and not worrying about some guy who tried to run cops over and got killed.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by skoalman88]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
they really will shut down the city too. i lived in new york a little while back when sean bell was shot. they marched on the city and it was chaos. i worked at a very well known restaurant there and half of our lunch reservations cancelled that day because they couldn't get to the reastaurant because of all these people marching.

i knew a guy from my town who was shot by a cop, a white guy, lost feeling in his legs. tried to talk the cops to court and they were acquitted too. nobody cared or marched for him, why because he's white, nobody had a reason to.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
That doesn't sound cynical. It sounds racist. Because it is.

Yes, they were just dragging whites - or people that look white - out of their cars in L.A. to invite them for a cup of tea, weren't they?

But seriously:
White cops beat black person, and are aquitted: Black persons in L.A. (along with "Hispanic" and white persons along for the "ride") drag white-looking persons out of their vehicles and attack them, rioters set fire to the city.
Black man kills white ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend, and is acquitted by all-black jury: Nothing happens.

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
I don't see any reason for people to dismiss this situation. Who cares what Sharpton does? Does it upset some of you that the same loud-mouth black man is making a ruccus? Get over it. It's called justice. You can be a part of it or you can sit back and kiss the ass of police-men everywhere regardless of how idiotic and murderous they prove themselves.

I'd be happy to let that loudmouth Sharpton protest - it's in his rights, isn't it?

But yes, from what I've seen the police case has been a mockery of the judicial system.

However, Sharpton is only involved because the victim was black - he couldn't care less if the police officers involved were innocent beyond all doubt, or barely scraped by in a sea of lies, corruption and deception, or if the victim in question was white.

Also, why is there a need for Sharpton to "shut the city down"? Wait, maybe I'm not going to like the answer...

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaoticar

This looks like divide and conquer. Whites against blacks, red against brown.

Who is feeding the frenzy? Who stands to win if we move another step toward race tension?

Ask yourself how in the heck all of this started and who wins in this mess?

Bush will have to lockdown the city and take away more of our rights! Bloomberg knows the mind of the Elite not the mind of the street...Bush has some of his people on the street..wake the &*%$ up!

It is not black against white any more....the game has moved and they want us to fight and play the old game. WAKE UP...Power to the PEOPLE...not power to the man!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

o.k. so by shutting up and not raising hell we stand to win what ?????
sometimes you have to give certain things up in order to get them back and win back the other freedoms that we have had stolen from us in the first place..
like you said it's not a black and white thing and i agree. i certainly havn't heard the black or the white public try and turn this into a race issue and yes that makes it our " the citizens of the u.s. " fight . just like what is making our country a big joke are the people who won't give up any of their cushy way's of life and buckle up and standand fight for what our fore fathers gave their life's for " that's true freedom " ... now put down your latte' gas up the s.u.v. and drive over there and fight for what give's you the freedom to have those thing's people...
the man "sharpton" does cry the blue's very loud and everyone hears him but it's time to sing louder than his blues of the black man and let everyone hear what the rest of society has to cry about "our defunked system"..

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ironman433

So close the city! Al Sharpton can bargain the way it closes but close it in the name of JUSTICE and not in the name of race.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Uh, excuse me? Doesn't happen to white people? And what color am I if not white? Green? Todays 'law enforcement' is, not think, but ARE, above the law. They get away with murder. I could tell you several stories of my being assaulted and threatened by these thugs, for no reason. Wrong place at the wrong time, like in the Montecito fire center after the Firestorm. 5 or 6 deputies, and I have a statement going out to internal affairs tomorrow, assaulted me, because I was trying to find a misplaced pile of documents and vouchers. Law? They don't care. I have NEVER met an honest, or good, cop. Including my stinking younger brother.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
In typical ATS fashion, racists are unable to stay on topic and immediately tranform the article/case into a big Race issue. Thats the problem with you dudes, you're being divided and fail to realize it. This case indicates how "The System" can escape with unjust murder but all you fools seem to worry about is immature racial issues.

Honestly, take a look at the first page, this thread didn't stand a chance. Why don't you racists just do it once and for all... Create a seperate thread to express your racists views, you guys do it in plenty other threads anyways.

We have dude talking about hurricanes with "Black Names" to Civil War. How is the civil war even relevant to this article? Bunch of close-minded bigots.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
reply to post by Chaoticar

This looks like divide and conquer. Whites against blacks, red against brown.

Who is feeding the frenzy? Who stands to win if we move another step toward race tension?

Ask yourself how in the heck all of this started and who wins in this mess?

Bush will have to lockdown the city and take away more of our rights! Bloomberg knows the mind of the Elite not the mind of the street...Bush has some of his people on the street..wake the &*%$ up!

It is not black against white any more....the game has moved and they want us to fight and play the old game. WAKE UP...Power to the PEOPLE...not power to the man!

Man these sheeps couldn't recognize that they're being divided even if they tried.

They're all being spoonfed and conditioned.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's a very sad case and an innocent man was killed. The ones who shot him "way to many times" should be charged with murder. I don't blame the family one bit for being outraged or the people who live there. But just for once I'd like to see the people stand up and fight this without help from Al Sharpton. It's time for the citizens to make a statement without race or violence and to not stop until these detectives are behind bars awaiting a trial by jury.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

All personal opinions of Sharpton aside, I respect the fact that he stood up for the people (Even if he may have had another agenda to fulfill).

But... I feel his presence in the case may have been counter-productive because many people who may have wanted to support the case were put off by Al Sharpton.

I'll be the first to say, I'm not exactly a Sharpton supporter but people should learn (As I did) not to let their personal opinions of Sharpton cause them to miss the fact that there was a huge injustice in this case. Its like majority of the sheep pay more attention to sharpton than the actual case and they let that cloud their judgement.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ironman433

Originally posted by ironman433
there is absolutely no clear thinking person in this world who can justify 50 rounds on a single man when it only takes one to take down a fully grown mule deer...

Technically, 50 rounds were fired. But not all at Sean Bell.

And I have yet to see a fully grown mule deer drive a Nissan into one policer officer, and then ram two police cars with it.

I'm just saying - keep it real. Bell was not an innocent victim. He was using that car as a deadly weapon.

If you were a police officer that had just been struck with a car, what would you do?

Yeah, I know - shoot for the tires, right?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

It's not right for those officers to assume that the victims had a gun and pull theirs. I feel the officers were at fault and had no reason to pull their weapons out in the first place. People who assume their own decisions usually make a bad one.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Al Sharpton IS a demagogue and an opportunist.

White people DO receive beneficial treatment from the law--administered consciously or not from the officials (I'm white by the way, funny how you need to make that qualifier before you comment on racial topics). What's also funny is how the OP's original post has been bastardized into a white and black thing, and here at the enlightened ATS where the smartest, most non-sheeple people on the net reside...

I don't like Sharpton, and he could have kept his posturing to himself. He knows and we knows he ain't gonna shut down a city of 14 million. Yet this is one cause of his I think would be supported by people around here, as it's about police brutality. Police get away with A LOT in this country. It's worse for black people though, so race is of tertiary importance to the topic.

[edit on 27-4-2008 by Threadfall]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join