It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the "Pickup" thread.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WalkInSilence

Thank you, I am sorry but have never seen you before, nice to meet you!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Gotta take this heated exchange to U2U, sorry folks

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

...is it heated?
I thought we were playing poker!
I guess I have won then!

Score 1 to 0
I'm not as easy as you think, hun!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Remember drunkeness is an excuse for everything.
Groping, bad pick up lines, terrible dancing, beer googles and maybe having to chew your arm off the next morning can all be blamed on being pist even if you werent that drunk anyway.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I really wish people would just be more humble and ask questions on something.

For example: "Hey dude, I'm having trouble trying to figure out when to kiss this girl, could you help me out?" Or something like that. Or overcoming shyness or something. I know you guys are out there.

I'll also ask when I need help on something.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
I thought we were playing poker!
I guess I have won then!

No you didn't!

I'm not as easy as you think, hun!

No comment....

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hey this is a great thread. I wish I would have thought of it first hehe.

If you haven't gotten too far into the psychological aspect of (picking up women) I would point you to here.

Ok you want my advice? I've found a decent place for picking up girls is the gym... no joke. It's a nice place because you see what they look like very clearly, and often times people stick to schedules... allowing you to know what days & times they work out.

What I've had moderate success with is just "timing" it so you leave the gym at the same time. As soon as you get outside say: "Excuse me I noticed you and thought you were attractive and wanted to meet you." Nothing too hard to remember!

At this point even if she's not interested, you might still get a handshake and "my name is Jane." Depending on how she shakes your hand and the amount of eye contact received at this point you can then make your decision if I want to ask her out or move on.. But stand tall, be confident!

Nice thread again........*star*

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Girls always make the first move. Always. They may not know it but they do. There is probably some science involved in it, but I'm not sure about it. Females sent out millions of cues when they are interested in a man, but guys are too much of idiots to realize them. I know because it took me a long time to figure this out.

Really small things, such as: body positioning, touching of the hair or lips, crossing of the legs, quick glances at you then a look down, fidgeting with their outfits or their drink, etc.

Usually I don't approach women without getting some hints. Approaching women and coming up with something clever to say can sometimes be tough. Usually I just say something that will embarrass me. I find that I can usually get a laugh, and makes me out to be less of a creep when I am picking fun of myself. Other times I will just blurt out something completely random.

I really don't think its to important for a good introduction. If you stumble on your opening line, just regroup and have confidence in yourself.

It also helps to be good looking and in shape. If not, make sure you are dressed nice, and have good shoes. Make sure your shoes matches your belt. Try not to smell either.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by testrat.

Make sure your shoes matches your belt.

I always new something was amiss, but I could never quite put my finger on it.

Thanks testrat for that timely tip. I'M a playah now!! Is that how it's spelled "playah"???

[edit on 24-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
You guys might wanna try out this opener.

It's been field tested and usually gets a great response out of girls.

Alright so here it is:
Me: hey guys let me get your opinion on something real quick. Do I look gay?
(they will usually bust out laughing)
Girls:lol No why?

Me: I was just wondering cause I was just at Hollister in the mall (make up location) and some guy was hitting on me, and when I told him I wasn't gay he had a surprised look on his face and he said he could've sworn I was.

Girls: Really?! are you serious?

Me: yeah I took it as compliment, I mean everyone says gay guys know how to dress so I figured I must've been looking really good. has anything like that ever happened to you guys?

Girls: blah blah

Then after you demonstrate your charming personality, go for the digits. For the guys who are brave enough, have fun with this lol.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Good God!

That's a terrible opener!

Why on earth would you want to plant the idea that you're gay in their heads???

Don't buy into some of this stuff you read on seduction sites, humbleone - some of it's garbage.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Dude, didn't I just mention that I've field tested this?

Don't knock it before you try it. Unless you're to scared to.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Dude, didn't I just mention that I've field tested this?

So? Even the worst lines and openers work at least *some* of the time.... that doesn't make them good

Don't knock it before you try it. Unless you're to scared to.

Yes I am, I'm terrified of going around talking about being hit on by gay guys. And for good reason!!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

This has been tested PLENTY of times.

Hmm, that's to bad you don't have more of an open mind, you'd really learn a lot of new things. To bad you fear what people think of you.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Well, whatever floats your boat, humbleone. Go around talking about being gay and gay guys hitting on you all you want. I'm not going to argue about it any more.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Fine with me, hopefully some of the other guys will try it out just to see how well it works.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
double stuff

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The only person I would not recommend this opener to is someone who actually seems to have a feminineness about him.

The good thing about this opener is:

#1. It demonstrates your sense of humor.

#2. It shows you are extremely CONFIDENT and SECURE in yourself and your sexuality to be able to take something like this as a compliment.

#3. It shows your acceptance of different people.

This opener is definitely not for insecure guys.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Fine with me, hopefully some of the other guys will try it out just to see how well it works.

Now see, this is the worst part about this, the fact that you're actually trying to get other guys to do this. Why don't we just start up a gay pride parade while we're at it?

While we're "trying" things, let's try this: ask a group of girls, "Do you girls enjoy being naked?"

See which one works the best!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I thought you said you didn't wanna argue about it anymore?

Either grow some cajones and try it out, for yourself, or you can continue to make up hypothetical scenarios in your head why it wouldn't work.

Do or die. There's really nothing to argue about. It has worked for me so therefore it is true for me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join