It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the "Pickup" thread.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hes the guy above me lol.
Sorry about the misspelling dude its a bad habit.
I also know that certain accessories can be useful in tuning as well!
What you might ask?
Lighters,cigarettes even an extra drink, i cant count how many times just these three simple items have got me engaged in conversation with some hotty than with the ice broken its time to put in some spade work and get yours.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If you are looking for love in say a bar, you are going to find a different type of person than say an internet cafe. So far all I have seen from you guys are Barroom mentality tactics, instead of down to earth real to yoursellf honesty. If your opinion of your self is nill I suggest going to a self help group and hooking up with members there.
Go to a place where you can find the type of person you are looking for, I believe that existence is not accidental and that there is someone for everyone.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
i had a feeling this thread would turn into something like this...

So did I. I knew from the beginning there would be haters in this thread. It's like in real life, when I stared changing and having more success with women a lot of guys I once thought were my "friends" turned into the biggest haters.

Oh well, what can you do.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!
I got ten bucks on madstabator.
See ladies even in hypothetical situations men will fight over you and whose tactic is best.

You know what really pisses me off?

I came in here to give an opener that I have used plenty of times with great success, and someone comes in here and start criticizing me saying it wont work or its a "horrible tactic," without even trying it mind you!

WTF?!?!? I just told you it has worked and I've tried it a dozen times so how are you gonna tell me it doesn't work! URGHGHHH!!
:bnghd:

That's the height of ignorance if I've ever seen it.

Anyways, that was my rant for the day, I feel much better now.

Don't derail the thread.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I came in here to give an opener that I have used plenty of times with great success, and someone comes in here and start criticizing me saying it wont work or its a "horrible tactic," without even trying it mind you!

WTF?!?!? I just told you it has worked and I've tried it a dozen times so how are you gonna tell me it doesn't work! URGHGHHH!!
:bnghd:

Dude, I never said it doesn't work! I'm sure it does work, sometimes.

I'm just saying, it works because of having the GUTS to approach a group of girls - which most guys DON'T do. Women like courage and confidence

Now try approaching groups of girls with something slightly less horrible than "gay guys hit on me".

And I wasn't "hating" on you LOL. Show me where I was "hating" on YOU - thehumbleone, the person - for using this horrible, cheesy, gay opener....

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
my final comment will be...

either you have game or ya don't..*shrugs*

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

Alright alright let's move on for Christs sake!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Yes! Yes, please do!

Not everyone's going to like or accept your advice bro; have the grace to accept that without calling people ignorant haters

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
To Mrd and Humble:

I think you guys are kinda derailing a good thread. Here's what I think. Both of you make good points, however despite your overall wisdom I have some suggestions for you guys.

Alright so here it is:
Me: hey guys let me get your opinion on something real quick. Do I look gay?
(they will usually bust out laughing)
Girls:lol No why?

Me: I was just wondering cause I was just at Hollister in the mall (make up location) and some guy was hitting on me, and when I told him I wasn't gay he had a surprised look on his face and he said he could've sworn I was.

Girls: Really?! are you serious?

Me: yeah I took it as compliment, I mean everyone says gay guys know how to dress so I figured I must've been looking really good. has anything like that ever happened to you guys?

Girls: blah blah

The beginning is generally all fluff talk anyways so it doesn't matter what you say. Depending on other factors you will probably decide quickly to move towards your goal or eject. Humble the reason Mrd doesn't like your approach is because while err...creative, you can think of better intros.

Also, I was confused by the fact that your method seems to only involve an intro? It was like intro > ask girl fluff talk question> girl blah blah> go for digits.. If this is all you're doing then I'd suggest something much easier...

you: Hi my name is "joe" I found you attractive and I wanted to meet you."

her: Hi joe my name is "jane"

you: (comment on something in the immediate environment that is easy for her to agree with) i.e. At a grocery store-"I hope that didn't seem too outta left field. I guess it just kind of slid into my mind. That and I'm looking forward to eating these oranges.

her: ha.. yeah.. blah blah blah.

you: well im kind of in a hurry and im sure you have things to do. would you like to exchange phone numbers and continue our conversation sometime?

A final note... I do like how you added "if you happen to be a bit more of a metro fellow." A good point. This could make her a bit curious (as to which side of the plate you bat). Curiousity can be a powerful feeling.

Men with "cajones" don't need to go around resorting to all these "disqualifiers" and "negs" and "gay guys hit on me" tactics. Tactics which are all designed to mask the fact that you're approaching the girl

You sound like a pretty confident guy mrd. Maybe you get alot of women but I disagree with parts of this statement. People who have proven to be successful with women have field tested things like "disqualifiers" and "negs." Remember SWAT (science will always triumph)... don't discount the power of psychology.

Also, if you are a total stranger to your target then "tactics" can be a more subtle way of conveying her the message which can make some women feel more comfortable.

wishing you happy lady hunting,
SJ

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
The beginning is generally all fluff talk anyways so it doesn't matter what you say.

Thank you

You sound like a pretty confident guy mrd. Maybe you get alot of women

I'm more of a heartbreak kid.... *sigh*

I have no problem at all with women falling for me, put it that way.

but I disagree with parts of this statement. People who have proven to be successful with women have field tested things like "disqualifiers" and "negs." Remember SWAT (science will always triumph)... don't discount the power of psychology.

I never said that those things don't work. They DO work, some of the time.

"Push/Pull" DOES work - BUT it can also get wayyyy out of control, drive people crazy, destroy people's relationships with the bf/gf/husband/wife they already have, create stalkers...........

You see, there comes a point where you have to STOP screwing with a girl's mind and heart, and just take control of the situation and mack on her like a MAN!

The point I'm trying to make is I've seen so many of these "seduction" guys become so obsessed with experimenting with all these "lines" and "openers" and pickup scripts and "DHV" and "Patterns" and Disqualifiers and "Cocky/Funny" and Negs and Push/Pull - that they fail to even notice that a girl is already attracted and ready and waiting for it! Time to make out and have fun for real!!

"Pickup" can become an OBSESSION, to the point where all these routines and stuff become more important than the girls - real, human, girls with real hearts and minds and feelings that can be hurt - being picked up

Don't let it happen, guys. If you're interested in a girl, be direct about it, and don't become obsessed with all these techniques for messing with her mind and heart....

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

You see, there comes a point where you have to STOP screwing with a girl's mind and heart, and just take control of the situation and mack on her like a MAN!

Sure, agreed.

The point I'm trying to make is I've seen so many of these "seduction" guys become so obsessed with experimenting with all these "lines" and "openers" and pickup scripts and "DHV" and "Patterns" and Disqualifiers and "Cocky/Funny" and Negs and Push/Pull - that they fail to even notice that a girl is already attracted and ready and waiting for it! Time to make out and have fun for real!!

Again, agreed. It's more about breaking down situations in scientific ways to help dudes (who's brains are wired different than women) catch on to the social situation, and more specifically, how to be effective within the situation. But I agree the main point is to generate attraction. Once you accomplish that task it's time to escalate and show her you're a man and you have needs/desires.

"Pickup" can become an OBSESSION, to the point where all these routines and stuff become more important than the girls - real, human, girls with real hearts and minds and feelings that can be hurt

If you don't use all your arsenal you might lose out to a guy who's using all his. Human nature is unfortunate in that way, but I agree it is possible to PU girls and be a decent human being. I think guys forget sometimes who the real MASTER of the game is. The woman. While we guys are thinking of clever shenanigans to gain her attention she already has yours in an instant by mere sight! Respect others and always respect the game.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

"Pickup" can become an OBSESSION, to the point where all these routines and stuff become more important than the girls - real, human, girls with real hearts and minds and feelings that can be hurt

If you don't use all your arsenal you might lose out to a guy who's using all his. Human nature is unfortunate in that way,

Well I think there are some serious ethical issues here.

Question to humbleone, how do you think the girls that you've slept with would feel if they realized you had used a "pickup script" from a pickup and seduction site to attract them?

Do you think they would still agree to put out for you if they were aware of what you were doing - or would they be like "hahaha, he's using a script from pickupguide.com on us, what a goof!"?

I think using canned scripts and made-up stories - LIES, basically - to try to get women turned on is just amazingly disingenuous.

But there are many guys in the "seduction community" who have that mentality - bang as many hot girls as you possibly can, and who cares if you're hurting people, who cares if it destroys the relationship she already has with her bf or husband, who cares if hearts are being broken and lives ruined......... gotta get those notches in the bedpost, alpha man!

That's why I go the opposite route. I focus on just being an all-around excellent person and being bold, sincere, direct and honest in everything I do.

But does it "work"? Does it attract hot women? OH HELL YEAH it does!!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You all would be wise to listen to Antar. She's giving great advice.

You need to get yourself out of the bar room mentality. I know it's hard because it's all you see on TV and magazines and God knows what else, but you just have to rise above it. Relationships aren't a game. Having "game" is not something to be proud of, in the end you're only being dishonest to the other person, and more importantly, being dishonest to yourself. Stop getting your relationship advice from MTV.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Again, agreed. It's more about breaking down situations in scientific ways to help dudes (who's brains are wired different than women) catch on to the social situation, and more specifically, how to be effective within the situation. But I agree the main point is to generate attraction. Once you accomplish that task it's time to escalate and show her you're a man and you have needs/desires.

That's exactly what this is about. It's not about sleeping with as many girls as you can really.

Like I said before, this is to help guys who have real social and romantic issues.

I mean a lot of these guys are people who are horrible, just horrible in social situations.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

Question to humbleone, how do you think the girls that you've slept with would feel if they realized you had used a "pickup script" from a pickup and seduction site to attract them?

Do you think they would still agree to put out for you if they were aware of what you were doing - or would they be like "hahaha, he's using a script from pickupguide.com on us, what a goof!"?

This is interesting and has actually happened before. Honestly, they were just more curious and interested than anything.

here's how it went:
Me: (used an opener)

Girl: OMG are you one of those "Pickup" guys?!

Me: wow you must really be falling for me if you're asking that! But seriously, you caught me. have you read The Game too?

Girl: yes

Me: so what did you think of it?

Girls: blah blah somethin somethin.

We basically talked about it for a while. I still managed to get her phone number. They actually commended me for trying to improve myself.

But there are many guys in the "seduction community" who have that mentality - bang as many hot girls as you possibly can, and who cares if you're hurting people, who cares if it destroys the relationship she already has with her bf or husband, who cares if hearts are being broken and lives ruined......... gotta get those notches in the bedpost, alpha man!

I'm not gonna deny there is dudes like that. However I'm not one of them and I really got into this to try to improve myself.

I agree that it can quickly turn into an obsession if you're not careful though.

But does it "work"? Does it attract hot women? OH HELL YEAH it does!!!!!

Of course it does.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Like I said before, this is to help guys who have real social and romantic issues.

I mean a lot of these guys are people who are horrible, just horrible in social situations.

Sure, but is encouraging them to use these canned, disingenuous pickup-scripts really the answer?

At some point, one has to drop the scripts and have some sort of sincere, intimate interaction with a woman....

What happens when these horribly inept guys get put into tricky situations that they don't have a memorized script for?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Me: (used an opener)

Girl: OMG are you one of those "Pickup" guys?!

Hehehe, see, women are much more aware of what's going on than we give them credit for

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

Sure, but is encouraging them to use these canned, disingenuous pickup-scripts really the answer?

usually the only scripted part of the interaction is the opener. The whole point like I said is to get two people talking. Imagine how much easier it is to have a conversation opener memorized instead of always trying to think of something new everytime.

I'm sure you yourself have told a story from your life to many different people. People use scripts all the time, there is nothing wrong with it really.
I know cousins who always tell the same story to different people they meet. Do they feel disingenuous? Hardly.

That's why it is encouraged in the seduction community to create an opener from something that actually happened in your life.

My "gay" opener resulted from a similar incident that happened to me.

At some point, one has to drop the scripts and have some sort of sincere, intimate interaction with a woman....

naturally. nobody isn't saying that.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

usually the only scripted part of the interaction is the opener. The whole point like I said is to get two people talking. Imagine how much easier it is to have a conversation opener memorized instead of always trying to think of something new everytime.

There are people in "the community" who take it way, way further than the opener. Who preach constantly using hypnosis patterns on women and all that

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

That's that weird Ross Jeffries crap. That guy is a true weirdo.

He advocates using Neuro-Linguistic Programming. :shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join